McGraw-Hill Connect Reviews & Product Details

What is McGraw-Hill Connect?

McGraw-Hill Education Connect is a robust toolkit of learning resources designed with the flexibility instructors need, to unlock the potential of a diverse student population. Connect provides opportunities for both formative and summative assessment. Our adaptive technology provides students with a safe place to make mistakes encouraging deliberate practice and enabling them to move one step closer to mastery. AUTO-GRADING Your valuable time and expertise should be devoted to teaching—not grading. Connect will automatically grade assignments and quizzes, providing you with easy-to-read reports so you know which students need more guidance. CONSOLIDATED RESOURCES Who has the time to sift through multiple files, folders and click through various websites? Not you. Everything you need to be an effective educator is at your fingertips; consolidate all your course materials with Connect. TAGGED LEARNING OBJECTIVES Focus on what’s important: learning outcomes. Within Connect, you can create assignments and run reports to quickly assess whether students are learning crucial course content. SMARTBOOK SmartBook is a digital version of your course textbook. It contains the same content within the textbook, but unlike a typical eBook, SmartBook actively tailors that content to your individual needs as a student. SmartBook can be accessed online through your laptop. And, many SmartBooks are available on tablet, too!

McGraw-Hill Connect Screenshots

McGraw-Hill Connect Reviews

1-50 of 122 total McGraw-Hill reviews
First Grade Teacher
Hospital & Health Care

"McGraw Hill Math EdConnect"

What do you like best?

I like that I can display the videos and slides in class to show students what will be expected of them in their independent practice.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that the "guided practice" has the answers filled in already. I like to work through the problems with my students and show them how to figure it out. They seem tuned out once the answer is already on the board.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is difficult to navigate the online website. It took me several days of working through the online platform before I was able to use it in my classroom. There are also some very unnecessary resources in the online platform.

Keeping the vertical teams aligned in the same type of math program - so students are more equipped with what to expect year after year.

Student Life Assistant
Environmental Services
(10,001+ employees)

"Revolutionary online learning tool"

What do you like best?

McGraw Hill-Connect is a great way to provide supplemental instruction for a variety of classes. Overall, what I found to be the best feature is the program's ability to identify areas that individual students and entire classes struggled with most, letting me know what I need to focus on more heavily or revisit. The application is relatively user friendly for both instructors and students.

What do you dislike?

In my experience, students have reported that they will try to avoid taking classes that utilize supplemental programs such as McGraw Hill-Connect due to the extra fees. I have also experienced issues with grades syncing from the McGraw Hill-Connect platform to sites such as Canvas and Blackboard.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be sure to take advantage of their customer support if you are struggling or have questions.

McGraw Hill-Connect has been a great way for me to supplement instruction for students. The data it provides instructors allows for a comprehensive understanding of how students are learning throughout the duration of a class.

Graduate Teaching Assistant

"McGraw Hill-Connect Review"

What do you like best?

McGraw Hill-Connect makes classroom management very easy, which is probably its best quality! It is user friendly and easy to understand. It works well on different platforms which is always a plus!

It also allows walk through videos for courses so that you can understand the concept; this is something that I like to incorporate a lot in my organic chemistry session online.

What do you dislike?

Some features provided by it make grading very difficult which, otherwise, is a very important task for a Teaching Assistant like myself. The courses are quite expensive and a lot of student do not want to pay that amount. So it would be better if they include an extended free trial period functionality.

It also does not work well on android.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try to keep the course key price low if you are a professor.

I use McGraw-Hill Connect to post lecture notes on Organic Chemistry for my students at UNT. It is a really helpful and effective means of providing course content to the students.

SI Leader and Tutor
Education Management

"My revview for McGraw-Hill Connect"

What do you like best?

This website is an amazing place to for e-learning. I have used this for a political science and physics class for accessing homework and course contents. I now also use it at my workplace to help in tutoring other students. I like variety of features that it offers, like bookmarking your pages, and keeping track of where you left off.

It is easy to access at any time and does not have too many bugs. I would definitely use it again in the future as well!

What do you dislike?

A lot of times, the course keys are so expensive that people just do not wanna buy the course. I wish they would extend the free trial period a little bit longer so that more people would be willing to access it.

Other than that, there is not much to really dislike about this!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You should definitely give it a go for yourself and your students!

Make good use of the free trial period

I have used this for my own courses, as well as at my workplace to tutor other students. It has definitely helped in improving my grades and knowledge of the courses.

Shakerag Elementary School 5th Grade Teacher

"User-Friendly Platform"

What do you like best?

This platform allows students to stay on top of assignments and gives them extra practice. Also, students can reference previous years of curriculum that has been tied to their Fulton Schools student ID number. (For example, my 5th graders could revisit content from their 4th grade books from last year)

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the e-book "times out" when you have not been using it for a little while. This requires me to login again in order to go back to where I was last working.

It allows for students to always have access to the curriculum, even if they forget their workbook at school. It also allows me to be able to access curriculum content to assign it to students at anytime. I reference the teacher materials when I am working on lesson plans from home as well.

Teacher
E-Learning

"McGraw-Hill Connect makes learning easier for students and teachers!"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that students and teachers have information available to them anywhere and resources to help them understand the information further. There are also so many quizzes, videos, etc. connected with the lessons that the students are learning. If for some reason, a student doesn't understand the material, they can be provided with additional support without assistance from the teacher or their learning guide.

What do you dislike?

The resource tab seems a bit difficult to navigate. Although there are a variety of tabs to choose from and a keyword search, often titles are placed in the correct categories. McGraw-Hill is provided to use through the Calvert curriculum. Unfortunately McGraw-Hill does not allow parent access to the teacher manual, even though they themselves are the teachers for their students. Because of this students cannot work on the reviews at the end of every chapter and be confident in their answers because they cannot be checked without the answer keys.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend using McGraw-Hill Connect as it provides a plethora of resources available to you at your fingertips. Not only will you as a teacher have an easier time providing your students with support, but your students will also enjoy have the book and other features available to them as they need them.

My students are online learners and often work from a variety of locations. Often it is difficult to carry their books where ever they go, so to have the book available online helps them. As a teacher, I am able to pull more resources that have already been created and send them to students with ease.

Graduate Teaching Assistant

"McGraw Hill Connect Review"

What do you like best?

It is a great place to publish all of your course content and make it accessible to a huge bunch of students. Videos work perfectly on McGraw Hill Connect as well, and that always promotes better learning for students. It is pretty popular among various professors and students as a means of sharing knowledge.

I think that McGrawHill Connect is doing a good job!

What do you dislike?

It does not work well on mobile phones. Also, the key to buy different subject codes is quite expensive and a lot of student don't want to pay that amount. The trial period is just about 14 days long which is not long enough to retain everything!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Keep the key price low.

I use it to publish notes for my students at TAMU. It is a good interface and it is easy to publish content.

Scientist (Materials Organic Chemistry)
Research

"McGraw-Hill Connect: incompetence and unaccountablity personiffied"

What do you like best?

I'm glad that my employer is switching from McGraw Hill to a different educational internet service.

What do you dislike?

I’m (temporarily) an adjunct faculty member with a community college in California, where I teach general chemistry 1A. The students paid for access to the McGraw-Hill website to submit homework assignments and access the online version of the textbook. Over the past two weeks, they have not been able to do so, and instead receive error messages.

As an adjunct, I finally called McGraw-Hill on their “help” telephone line. Their "help" telephone line routes to either a line for instructors or for students. It was not possible to get a real person on the line for the instructor branch, and also not to have a relevant option to chose from.

I then chose the student option. It was indeed possible to contact a real person. I gave him the name of Foothill Community College, the name of the textbook and my family name (but not an e-mail address). However this person refused to directly address the issue, and instead tried to bounce me to a different telephone number. I reminded him that he was being paid for our telephone conversation but yet I was not. He still would not contact their IT service.

There are many things which one can rant about from this experience. I will simply recommend all faculty and students to avoid this incompetent and unaccountable company and its internet products at all costs.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Stay away from McGraw-Hill.

This is higher education

Teacher
Primary/Secondary Education

"Full of Resources but Hard to Use"

What do you like best?

I like that I can access my entire ELA and math curricula, and that I can assign digital resources to my students and access digital lesson presentation materials.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the organization of the Wonders program materials. It is challenging to locate what I want quickly, and many of the components are not a straightforward part of the physical teachers edition, so sometimes I don’t even realize that a resource exists. It also uses a lot of pop ups that aren’t Chromebook friendly, which frustrates my students.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There are plenty of resources. Good luck finding them though. It is a long, winding learning curve.

I am able to have my students work on the digital curriculum independently, which frees me up to teach small groups. Low prep on teacher’s part in that regard.

"McGraw Hill Connect Review"

What do you like best?

The only thing I liked about the software was that it helped the students with accessing their textbooks and homework at home on their laptops. And the quick start guide helped students set the software without asking me questions during orientation making it easier for me to help more students.

What do you dislike?

Many, many little things that are very annoying. The frustration continues to mount with each new discovery of how obtuse the program is. This makes it difficult to explain the students at orientation how the program works and how it would be a key aspect of some of their courses. Also, the interface is really vague and looks really old and not maintained for. Needs a big change. And not to mention, the expensiveness of the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It really needs to change in terms of pricing and interface. But if this is the only software your company uses well then you are stuck with it. Otherwise, please try to use some other software with fewer bugs and cheaper options.

I used it at ASU's orientation to help students in getting ready for classes and accessing the course material beforehand.

"McGraw Hill Connect Review"

What do you like best?

It is a great way to assign homework assignments, practice problems and track student progress. Also, my students tell me that having e-textbook is very useful so that they do not need to carry the textbook.

What do you dislike?

The customer service and the digital technical support. Most of the time they are not able to fix the technical problems the students have, so students miss homework because of this. Also, I heavily dislike the fact that now the only bundles that students are able to buy include an e-text which brings up the price substantially. I feel that there should be an option to just do the homework online without buying the e-text.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

A great product but not the best. Would not necessarily recommend it because there are better services out there. But if this is the only option you have then definitely go for it.

I use it at California Polytechnic as a student supervisor to help my students access their McGraw hill e-texts and their quizzes and course contents.

"McGraw Hill Connect Review"

What do you like best?

Very modern vibe to the user interface currently implemented. Does a relatively good job of communicating homework problems to students. Also, all the students I have referred to use this software have mostly given positive reviews regarding the interface and easy to use. Also, its auto-grading feature helps the student know their grades directly on BlackBoard.

What do you dislike?

It's a clunky software and hangs sometimes. Also, the students have told me that even though they entered the correct answer it says that the formatting is incorrect etc. Needs to be fixed. That is why I took the course at UTA to see how it works and the problems students are facing.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Would definitely recommend it but you can try other software too to get the best and the exact thing that you need.

I use it for helping students in their classes and doing their homework. Also, I use it at the Career Development Center for students to give a quick aptitude test right at the center.

"McGraw Review"

What do you like best?

I like being able to provide students with extra problems, helpful tips, and solutions without the students having to contact me each time. Connect lets me provide the students with helpful information and study tools. Also, Students use LearnSmart to streamline chapter-reading & Connect to master concepts covered in class.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the cost of using the website. Since it seems like it's trying to market towards students, most students aren't willing to pay the hefty price, especially when they're in college. This really is the breaking point for fewer students and universities using this.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Would definitely reccommend it if you wanna ease your work for assigning grades and getting homeworks submitted by the students.

I use it at UNT to help students access their homework and grades for the freshman level courses mainly. Really easus up my work of calculation grades, had I been using Blackboard.

"Very convenient way to keep track of homework and student progress."

What do you like best?

I like that I have an easy way to see my students' progress and thought processes with an easy way to give real time assistance to specific problems.

What do you dislike?

The Connect website is not quite user friendly yet. It's a tedious process to copy homework to different classes and also the customized homework options are a bit limited to be of use. Especially the Excel portions.

I must warn McGraw Hill about the direction it's heading. At first, McGraw Hill showed us a great way to grade students' homework and monitor their progress while giving great feedback. However, as of late, I'm noticing that McGraw Hill is more concerned about marketing and ensuring more sales are made. I understand the importance of this, but at the same time, the IT group needs to be proactive in improving features that are important to the instructors, but not quite sales builders. For example, statistics tracking of students (more depth than the current Insight Reports), smoothing out the communication of points to Blackboard, allowing more freedom to customize Excel problems, and creating a forwarding option for students to email the instructor to a specific email address with a screenshot of the problem they're asking about. Stay relevant by keeping the instructors happy.

I'm not sure I understand exactly what this question is trying to ask.

"Great engagement tool"

What do you like best?

I love how engaged students are, how easy it is to set up with Blackboard, and how great the reports are. I can see students that are at risk and address the issue before they get too far behind.

What do you dislike?

Some small things that would make the experience better would be being able to assign several learnsmarts in one step. Question editing remained very cumbersome and I often "broke" the questions when I adjusted number of labels given to students. That needs to improve.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it and get McGraw-Hill do a workshop so you are not lost. Having people show us how to link with Blackboard and how to use the platform was super useful. I would feel very lost without someone showing me how to use it because it is not very intuitive on your own.

McGraw Hill provides lower price for our students since we use their text as a common learning material.

Accounting Instructor
Higher Education

"Excellent student and instructor resources"

What do you like best?

Mcgraw-Hill (MH) Connect provides students with multiple ways to study the material. From end-of-chapter assignments to interactive presentations to study tools, instructors can find items that fits different learning styles. I also like that the platform is available 24/7 and across a variety of devices. The assignments in Connect interface flawlessly with the Canvas learning management system (LMS), creating a one sign-on experience for the student.

What do you dislike?

The setup of Connect for a new course/textbook can be very time consuming, but once it is set up it can be copied easily to another course section. I also would like to see MH notify students and instructors via email rather than via a website of service interruptions. I would also like to see a more affordable print textbook option for those students that want it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Utilize the MH experts to help with your implementation. They're easy to work with and will help you make your implementation easier. Allow yourself plenty of time for the initial setup and add as many extra practice tools as you can for your students. Also, be sure students understand how the platform works. Consider doing in-class demos or assigning the videos developed by MH as homework.

Grading is streamlined as assignments can be automatically graded, but the instructor still has the ability to modify grades. Grades are also passed over to our LMS. The students have extra study tools available to them 24/7. The LearnSmart flashcards do increase student success rates. This is my favorite online textbook platform.

Co-Founder, CEO
Media Production

"McGraw-Hill Connect User"

What do you like best?

The SMART book feature in CONNECT provides invaluable real time feedback to the students, allowing them self assess their knowledge.

The interactive assignments and videos engage the students and help them assimilate complex information. The students actively engage with the content through these interactive materials which helps them understand, rather than just memorize, these physiological processes.

What do you dislike?

I have found copying and sharing content among colleagues and courses somewhat cumbersome.

It would be amazing if this learning management system could directly interface with NCSU's moodle learning management system.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

CONNECT offers multiple useful features both for the student and the professor. The company will assist you in setting up your course content to ensure your full use of these features. I would recommend any instructor planning on using this learning management system to take advantage of these services.

CONNECT does an amazing job providing assessment data for the instructor.

"Useful too, but pricey for students"

What do you like best?

It is a useful too for students that has adaptive questions and plenty of assignments that incorporate well into your grade book. The ability to customize the content by the instructor is reasonably straightforward. The adaptive learning tools seem to benefit students who are struggling with content by taking them back to basics, while also challenging more advanced students with more difficult questions.

What do you dislike?

Number one is the price itself. This add-on to their already expensive textbooks is quite a burden for most students. The grading can be very specific on word choice or order, so often I must go back and regrade some sections because the students have answered correctly, but the wording they used is not recognized by the software. They also need to integrate the software better with mobile phones, my students would be able to use the resources more frequently if it worked well on mobile devices.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be thoughtful when implementing this product. The price point didn't seem to justify the benefits for our students.

It allows students to have access to the course materials from wherever they are (though having better mobile integration would make this even more valuable). And the adaptive learning modules works to bring struggling students up to speed while also challenging top performers.

UV

"The best interactive learning tool I've used."

What do you like best?

I love the in-depth study tools and the wide array of applications with Connect. From read along comprehension checks to homework assignments and quizzes to even a full knowledge assessment and growth plan its been a life saver.

What do you dislike?

The cost. While it is an amazing service, the price range makes it out of reach for poorer students. When you have to buy multiple courses for the same semester, it can add up to $300-$600 easily just to be able to do homework.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

While the cost is always a worry in implementing new software in the classroom, McGraw Hill goes above and beyond for teachers and students to really get the most out of this software. The reading checks alone improve comprehension and the tree of knowledge or pie chart of topics really help to narrow student focus on what needs to be focused on and tracks progress. The usefulness and visualization of growth is well worth the cost on top of any convenience it might add.

Initial knowledge assessments save valuable instruction and study time. This helps students know what they already know and what they need to work on. It also allows teachers to be able to really get a feel for what each student needs and tailor plans to group deficiencies. The study tools are a HUGE help to the kids who breezed through high school and never had to learn how to study intently. The blackboard and other grade book software integration is a live saver for students and teachers. As soon as an assignment is completed the grade is updated. Students always know where they stand on homework and teachers aren't scrambling to grade 30-40 assignments at a time.

"Adding value to homework"

What do you like best?

Self-grading algorithmic homework allows students unlimited practice with immediate feedback.

What do you dislike?

Students don't realize how much the pre-formatted forms for some problems assist them, and when they get to an exam setting and don't have those, they flounder. Also, some students just strive for the green check marks, but don't try to figure out why they did or didn't get those green check marks.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are using a McGraw-Hill textbook that has Connect support, and you are looking for a way to make homework more valuable for your students without creating a lot of extra work for yourself, this is it.

Grading every single homework problem for every individual student is simply not practical in a manual environment. When I assigned homework but only graded it based on completion (not accuracy), students regarded it as busy work. Connect makes homework more meaningful to students.

"Easy to use for educational purposes."

What do you like best?

I love that this is very simple and easy to learn how to navigate and use. Another great aspect is how it's very adequately geared toward helping the user become more familiar and more knowledgeable about topics when they get an answer wrong. This helps people know what areas they need to improve on and practice.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the cost of using the website. Since it seems like it's trying to market towards students, most students aren't willing to paid the hefty price, especially when they're in college.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Online homework is fast and very easy to grade. However they should provide better assistance regarding technical problems.

The textbook (when available) is something you can easily navigate through the pages or to the sections you need help with, which is a huge factor in helping students study.

"Connect Ed"

What do you like best?

I like how students can utilize the online portion of the book. This also allows all students with varying learning styles to be successful. I like that students can work at their own pace and if they have questions, I am able to help them. The online portion benefits students today because that is the way most students learn.

What do you dislike?

I wish that there students were able to submit assignments online that could be graded by the teacher. It is somewhat hard to grade assignments. For now, it is easier to print the material and have students turn it in. I would also like to be able to grade in Connect Ed and transfer the grades to my gradebook. That would make things much easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think this is a great product and benefits my students.

This program helps with students who may have different learning styles. This company is going in the right direction with the online portion of learning. Students are improving their test scores not only in school, but on local and state testing. This has helped our school get out of an area that is frowned upon by others

"Convenient for planning"

What do you like best?

I appreciate being able to access both my teacher's guide and student textbook online without needing to drag textbooks home for long term planning. The video animations are also a great resource that my student enjoy and find helpful in their studies.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the process of getting an account set up for a new teacher, it seems rather cumbersome and the waiting time for approval is a little much.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would suggest allowing for several days to get your account approved and set up as it requires approval from the McGraw-Hill staff which took nearly a week in my case.

It's a great way to utilize the tools of technology in the classroom.

(5001-10,000 employees)

"Not a huge fan "

What do you like best?

What I liked best about this program is that there are a lot of features on it that can help you study. The graphics are very good and look very real. It's pretty easy to navigate and useful for teachers with large classes.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike is that it is so expensive. For the price I would like more control over what I want to study. Many times I do not need to know every little detail that is on the quiz. It would be nice to be able to personalize quizzes for the information you need to know. I think it can also be more visually appealing.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend it but not make it mandatory for students to buy. It is very expensive and the only reason I bought it for my class was because we got extra credit if we did. If that wasn't the case I would not have bought after using the free 2 week trial.

The benefits is that its a good study resource for a large group of people. Teachers can post quizzes, extra credit etc that students can take on there. It is easier for them and for the student to sign on to there and do the work.

Associate Professor
Higher Education

"Connect is user-friendly and an efficient supplement for learning and reviewing course materials."

What do you like best?

I like Connect because my students feel it is a good way to learn and review the course materials. I also very much appreciate the smooth communication between Moodle and Connect; the link from Moodle straight to the web page, and the syncing of grades. I really appreciate SmartBook as a 'learning tool'.

What do you dislike?

I really can't think of something I dislike. However, I would appreciate a section with more critical thinking activities that could be accessed and assigned (maybe even separately from the main body of questions).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it! You'll like it!

One big benefit is the syncing of grades. That makes my life so much easier. Also, it is a quick and easy way of getting my students to participate in learning activities outside of the classroom.

(10,001+ employees)

"I have used Connect for about 5 years"

What do you like best?

I like that it is a great supplemental resource for my Anatomy & Physiology students. I really animations and AP Revealed.

What do you dislike?

I find that it has been a problem getting it started for my students, pricing, and when issues arise it takes awhile to get it resolved. Currently, I am working on integrating to my learning management system(D2L).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a great product. Students can work with it and gain understanding outside of the classroom. It has a great active learning component to it. The students actually start to enjoy it overtime.

I am a teacher so none.

UE

"McGraw Hill Connect review"

What do you like best?

It is easy to use when I use it in my mentoring sessions to help students solve questions and work for their grade. At UTA I use it in my mentoring classes of around 1000 students and it is really easy to add courses and make changes to the course material I add to it.

What do you dislike?

The interface lags sometimes and when I add new questions to the courses, it doesn't add them or students report that they got the right answer but the format was different from the one that was on the McGraw webpage.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's the one of the best software out there for course management in basic classes.

It helps me in adding courses in the classes.

Add quiz and extra credit work for the students to work on.

4th Grade Teacher

"MCGraw hill"

What do you like best?

I enjoy being able to print off my resources as needed. I detest copying from a manual. It also allows me to assign pages to students which is helpful as it eliminates paper copies completely

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the platform sometimes makes it difficult to locate resources.

I solving the ‘I lost my paper copy’ issue. And the benefit is that it is teaching students to type more efficiently.

"Connect - the way to customized learning experiences for each student!"

What do you like best?

I love the adaptive feature in Smartbook. I also love the customized reporting that allows you to monitor student progress and address remediation issues in a timely manner. Speech capture also makes teaching online public speaking so much easier.

What do you dislike?

That is was not available years ago. No product is perfect. One you give it a try and get used to it, you will love it!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try!

Assigning chapter in advance and utilizing the built in adaptive question sets allows me to free up time in class for customized hands on learning. Students are able to learn at their own pace and smartbook helps make that possible.

"Easy to use for both instructor and student"

What do you like best?

Connect is very easy to set up from an instructor's perspective and provides multiple learning opportunities for students.

What do you dislike?

Changing due dates on assignments is more complicated than it could be. I would really like to be able to assign lab practical-type questions using images from APR...without having to create those questions on my own.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Look at all the products available - LearnSmart, LearnSmart Labs, and Anatomy & Physiology Revealed.

Students have easy access to formative assessments (giving them immediate feedback on how they're doing) and multiple resources for aiding in their learning process. Students can work through anatomy virtual dissections in Anatomy & Physiology Revealed. They have access to physiology labs in LearnSmart Labs. And, they receive directed study tips through the LearnSmart product.

UF
(10,001+ employees)

"Useful platform for supplemental text materials"

What do you like best?

Connect gives students access to videos, text materials, and supplemental activities that are useful in helpful the students learn the course material. I have also used connect as a platform for students to submit course assignments. The assignments have then been synced to Blackboard where once graded in Connect the grade is pulled into the students Blackboard grade book.

What do you dislike?

There are times where Connect has technical issues. This can be especially difficult if it occurs when the students have to submit an assignment. The other problem is that as an instructor, you cannot see what the students do in Connect. You have to call the Gcgraw Hill team and ask to see if they can see what the student might have attempted. Even then, they may say that they do not see a student attempt on content whereas the student says that they attempted the content in Connect.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a good text supplement and integrates well with Blackboard. It provides students with additional optional content and can offer the option of assignment submission as well.

Supplemental text material and course assignment submission.

Professor and Assistant Chairperson Department of Accounting
Higher Education

"Great Tool for Classroom"

What do you like best?

I like having the Learn Smart questions that students can use to get a feel for what they understand and what they need to concentrate on learning going forward. I also like the auto grade of homework and the ability to let students see how they are doing.

What do you dislike?

The Learn Smart controls. Unlike homework which I can put into study mode and let students go forward after the grading period this isn't as easy to do with the Learn Smart questions.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

View it from a student perspective. The instructor has control of a lot of things so you can customize it for your students needs.

Getting students to do homework before the class time. Also having a good review tool.

(5001-10,000 employees)

"McGraw Hill -textbooks for kids "

What do you like best?

Kid friendly text and graphics for students. Videos and games are interactive online and are easily accessible to the students. Teachers can assign work if they chose and use it in the classroom as well to enhance learning.

What do you dislike?

Written in a lower lexile. It is not challenging enough for ALL students. The material is not changed yearly but is adopted for 5 years and is not current for the TEKS in TEXAS.

Students can access the curriculum digitally and communicate with teachers what content they need help with and use it effectively.