LatitudeLearning Reviews & Product Details

What is LatitudeLearning?

LatitudeLearning is an award-winning LMS. Our proven learning workflow methodology and performance approach supports the success of a channel training program. Our approach goes beyond any tool. Channel Executives and Training Managers look to Latitude when they struggle to manage training across hundreds of locations or want to include performance metrics in their certification programs. End your frustration with using multiple LMSs to manage training. Latitude's feature rich, enterprise LMS is offered at a budget friendly price and can be tailored to your unique training needs.

LatitudeLearning Screenshots

LatitudeLearning Profile Details

LatitudeLearning Profile Details

Related Links
Q&A
Chinese, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Russian, Spanish
Latitude CG

LatitudeLearning Reviews

1-50 of 64 total LatitudeLearning reviews
CEO
Executive Office

"Positive Experience with Latitude Learning"

What do you like best?

It is a complete LMS and has a lot of features. There are also a lot of customization options to suit your needs. It is particular good for compliance training as there are tracking features. The reporting features are also good and complete.

What do you dislike?

Getting started with this LMS can be daunting. Because of the the customization options and the amount of features, you will need to spend time to really learn the system before setting it up. There is really no way around this as with any feature rich system, it is just necessary.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need a feature rich LMS, this is the one to get. It is hard to go wrong with using this LMS. There are training videos to help you get started but it would be better if you had a consultant to do the implementation.

On the job training of employees. In particular, we were looking to train technicians and were looking for something that could provide just time training. This complete system would allow us to customize it to achieve that goal. It just takes time to learn the system and put all the content into the system, however, if you have the staff or a third party company to do the work to customize this system, it could work well for you.

Response from Sonia Gottfried of LatitudeLearning

LatitudeLearning's LMS is full features. We are glad you are getting full use out of the customization options. Not only does our LMS work great for compliance training, but we are also strong in performance training.

Training & Leader Development
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

"Latitude Learning Platform"

What do you like best?

Latitude Learning is a great learning platform for organizations looking for a way to distribute learning content to their members/employees. We have used it for our compliance training for 3 years and could not be more satisfied with the platform.

What do you dislike?

I do not really dislike the platform; however, I do think having more videos showing simple functions of the administrative platform would be beneficial. For example, when I first began using Latitude, it took me quite a few hours to learn how to customize the home page. Of course, I was using the free LMS version, so I was not disappointed that I had to invest in the platform at some level.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recently tested the new Latitude Interface. I would love to see the new interface implemented soon.

We have three locations where we need to distribute training for our company. It is not cost effective to have a trainer travel to the other locations if we need to deliver a course. Using latitude, we were able to quickly get our ethics and compliance training delivered to all of our locations. Additionally, we easily tracked the use and were able to run reports to follow up with those who did not complete the training on time. Since we work with government contracts, having training complete in a timely fashion is critical. Latitude helped us meet this need.

Managing Partner
Professional Training & Coaching

"The Ideal System to Deploy Our Customer Experince Certification Training program"

What do you like best?

Easy to customize, deploy content and monitor results

What do you dislike?

I liked the previous Virtual Classroom before the move to Adobe

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it You'll Like It

I run a training and development firm which specializes in Customer Focus and Service Excellence. It is critical that we practice what we teach. The same must be true for any strategic partners we work with. When we launched our web-based customer experience certification training program we needed an LMS provider that exemplified our service values because to our customers the learning interface is us. After a lot of searching I found Latitude. They have been my valued partner for over four years. The bottom line is that I can count on them for help and support when I need it. Their account executives are focused on understanding my business, tailoring what they offer to help me achieve my objectives and focused on building strong relationships not how much they can get in fees.

The Latitude system is pretty user friendly but you can't be a novice. You need to have reasonable analytical skills and a basic understanding of HTML is helpful if you want to figure out how to take advantage all the system has to offer. The good news is if you get stuck, you can access a pretty good library of training resources or purchase the support you need at a very fair price.

The best measure of a Company's service capability is when something goes wrong. Since I have been working with my partners at Latitude I have come to depend on the tremendous reliability of their technology. That is until about couple of years ago (Christmas week) when one of my clients informed me that there was a major problem with my portal. All of the extensive customization we had brought to our portal was gone. I called the service team, they jumped on the problem immediately and within less than an hour all was resolved. The service person followed-up up with me to ensure I was content as did my account manager. Since then I have had only one other system error which was fixed within a couple hours. Still an exceptional response time.

When it comes to technology, nothing is perfect and things can go wrong. It is naive to think otherwise. So when you get this kind of rapid response and follow-through when there is a catastrophe it only proves how good a partner they are.

The other thing I like about my partners is that they are continually looking for ways to make their system more user friendly, responsive to client needs and adding new bells and whistles.

I am so pleased with Latitude that I have referred colleagues and clients. If you need a robust, comprehensive and reliable learning management system, Look No Further Than Latitude.

Response from Sonia Gottfried of LatitudeLearning

Ray,

Glad to hear you are finding success using LatitudeLearning. Our team works hard to ensure our clients have a positive LMS experience.

Partner, Marketing Solutions

"Powerful system but a little complex side for some things which should be very simple to do"

What do you like best?

Wide range of capabilities to support all types of learning and integration with various other systems and protocols.

What do you dislike?

some things are just too complex, like finding courses that I created. I'd expect them to be on my home screen by default but they are not. It's also a bit complex to get additional questions added to an online exam that is already in production.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

check to see that you really need all the features that are available. I'm sure there are much simpler systems on the market now.

we're trying to offer free online testing for our customers

Client Support Guru
Human Resources

"Good LMS with great customer support"

What do you like best?

Great customer support team who are very responsive and solve problems quickly.

Friendly staff who care about what their clients/users want out of the LMS.

Very easy to search for users and monitor their training progress.

What do you dislike?

Could have a site layout more friendly to people who aren't tech savvy, although this is something they're working on.

User interface looks dated, but this is also something they're working to improve.

We are providing a one-of-a-kind online training solution to salespeople in the Professional Employer Organization (PEO) industry. This allows us to take content that would normally be taught in sales seminars and present it to our clients as a series of videos that our clients can watch on-demand.

Response from Sonia Gottfried of LatitudeLearning

Thank you for the feedback. We are constantly working to improve our product. We have updated our technology platform, enhanced the functionality of the system and embraced a direction to enhance the system for a broad spectrum of industries. Thanks to input from users like yourself we can constantly improve the LMS experience. We welcome your suggestions here: http://www.latitudelearning.com/r-d/lms-roadmap

CH

"Easy to use and feasible for small companies"

What do you like best?

It's easy to create an account and start creating a course for free! The administration options are great for non tech administrators. We like how easy it is to have trainers create their own courses in the platform with little bumps or requirements from the IT department.

What do you dislike?

So far everything is good, everything we need is basically included, user interface and visual enhancements could improve, but sometimes simple is enough to create a professional training environment. we look forward for more development and the inclusion of many new things that are trending in the LMS industry.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a great service, all features you need for your LMS are here and it's not expensive compared to other LMS solutions

We tried to train our faculty with other LMS but couldn't get the trainers to do all the things they needed without huge support from It department. That meant more money spent on support than the training itself. With Latitude we achieved our training goals!

"Accommodating and customer centric beyond just the technology "

What do you like best?

The nature and style of the Lattitude operation. Their accessibility, attention, responsiveness and all round support of customer in getting the best from their software. They made it as easy as it could be to get going and productive with the product.

What do you dislike?

Some aspects of integration of features and facilities are a little aged and awkward. But it is hardly a dislike; more an area that I would hope will be improved.

As the only truly global destination services specialist supplier, the business needs control of standards which means ensuring that all the destination consultants around the world are fully aware of the business customer philosophy and standards for communication and service delivery. It is also vital to have swift and effective communication of any changed needs for any particular customer or group. The system loaded with our own training programmes and monitoring routines provides swift and economic delivery and testing of consultants' knowledge of these vital standards.

Response from Sonia Gottfried of LatitudeLearning

Chris,

Thanks for your feedback. We are always working to improve our product. Your input on the product helps us to better serve you in the future.

Quality Assurance Manager
Printing

"Review of Latitude Learning"

What do you like best?

I like that from the start, there are many eLearning videos of various categories that comes free with the account. It is also web and cloud based instead of having to install an app on the PC. Very responsive customer service and technical service to the tickets raised.

What do you dislike?

What I didn't quite like is the limit to the size of the videos that I can upload, especially nowadays most videos are produced in high definition. So I have to use a 3rd party software to cut the video down to size and sometimes sacrificing quality. The other thing I didn't like is the font size of the reports. It's just too small. Some of the features can be a little bit of a challenge especially for one who is new to content creation or course creation in an LMS environment. The tutorials especially for the admin should be clearer.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

LatitudeLearning is best deployed after your organization has embrace a culture of self-study and self-improvement. If the employees in your company is looking primarily for instructor-led training, these can be incorporated into the platform as a course scheduler and approval. The administrator will need to know very well how this is to be done. Can be a little challenging.

Employee training & development especially at our remote manufacturing site in Taiwan. Site is located not in a major city where training service providers conducts their courses. So introducing this LMS at least gives these employees an avenue for self-improvement.

Response from Sonia Gottfried of LatitudeLearning

Thank you, Jraan, for your feedback. For your convenience we offer a Training Resource Library, available 24/7 throughout the lifetime of your LMS.

(10,001+ employees)

"Free platform for 100 users"

What do you like best?

The best feature of this website is the unlimited free access. As long as you have 100 or less students, you can have it for free forever.

In my workplace this helps us best with partnered learning where each partner holds the other one accountablematerial

What do you dislike?

I with they would expand their maximum enrollment number to greater than 100. Also, they should have an option to export all course material in a more portable format.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're trying out new LMSs and want to start with a free one to see if it might be a good fit, try this one.

It has no trial period, rather unlimited free for the first 100 students. Other features are quite standard to be honest.

Partnered learning. Skill development, accountability, standardised learning

IT Architect
Insurance
(10,001+ employees)

"Latitude Learning a possible lms"

What do you like best?

It has a very professional look and can be used by different enterprises for learning purposes. It"s possible to upload SCOM content, there is a professional support service,

What do you dislike?

The password reset prosess was kind of complicated and the message from the password reset service always landed in to the trashbin.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It might be good to use some additional features similar to other lms systems and to add the ability to create course content within the LMS, not only with a help of SCOM content.

The development on online learning platforms is quite important nowaways. Latitude learning can be used free for 100 users.

CH

"A great product if you are proficient in HTML code"

What do you like best?

I like the structure and many options of the program, including integration with PayPal. I like that you can customize the site to look like your website or at the business unit level so that it looks like your client's page.

What do you dislike?

You have to be very proficient in HTML code to make many of the customizations or hire a programmer. For a small company like mine, it defeats the cost-savings I gain by using this LMS

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you have someone proficient in HTML coding unless you are going to pay LatitudeLearning to do all of your setup and customization.

This helps with the corporate training I provide to clients as a consultant. It allows me to keep each company as a separate, branded unit and to track progress. Overall, it is a great product.

Facilitator, coach, instructor, and navigator
E-Learning

"Latitude Learning - Indispensable Tool for Distance Learning"

What do you like best?

The Latitude Learning Portal provides the administrator the maximum flexibility to create a branded solution for SmartPM - PMP Exam Prep programs.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike at this present time but we are seemingly learning new and different features to elevate our educational programs to higher levels of functionality.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

ensure that you sit through the training programs the LL provides in order to maximize the functionality fully

We saw an opportunity to extend our expertise to a larger network of project management students by providing our self-paced videos online. Students access the materials when they want according to their capacity and availability.

Response from Sonia Gottfried of LatitudeLearning

S.G. Harwood, glad you are able to grow your expertise through LatitudeLearning's LMS. We also recommend that news users sign up for our FREE Getting Started Webinar. Just recently we added 'Ask the Expert' Webinar for free!

Instructional Design and E-Learning Coordinator
Non-Profit Organization Management

"Great LMS for novices and experts"

What do you like best?

This LMS is very user friendly for someone with little html experience. Find an authoring tool and the rest is easy to get started and to maintain. Support is outstanding.

What do you dislike?

Not much. We looked long and hard for a LMS and couldn't have been more pleased with our selection of Latitude.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a LMS system that should be at the top of your list when deciding your eLearning needs. It does have some large clients, however, for mid-sized companies, this is a high value LMS for the cost and ease of maintenance.

Half of our staff works remote so this is a prime way for the company to offer educational opportunities to all employees.

Response from Sonia Gottfried of LatitudeLearning

Laura,

Thanks for your positive feedback. Our team works hard to ensure our clients have a positive LMS experience.

AI

"Great LMS for all"

What do you like best?

I've used other LMS systems and this one was the easiest to navigate as far as uploading content, contacting students, etc. The free trial was all I needed to get started with seeing how things worked. I've never used and LMS before and this was a great experience. And the prices for the upper levels were very good. I liked that they were based on a per user basis as well.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really-- great service. I've recommended Latitude Learning to others as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For sure, give it a free trial and don't be afraid that it's complicated --- because it's not.

As an Instructional Designer, I was looking for a free option to try out an LMS and see if it was something I could use to host my e-learning modules. It was painless as I learned how the LMS worked and how I could easily offer my content to others or just as a place to showcase my work.

Director of Human Resources
Chemicals

"Solid LMS"

What do you like best?

Functionality is great, I run into very minimal issues. Customer Service has been outstanding which really sets it apart.

What do you dislike?

The user interface could be a little smoother and more friendly. In our industry we have a lot of individuals not computer savvy so user interface could use some improvement.

Primarily having employees located throughout the country and being able to provide information in a central location.

AM

"Fitted the needs I had at the time. "

What do you like best?

I liked that that it was free. My needs were quite simple at the time, so they did not warrant a investment.

What do you dislike?

At the time of usage, there was no easy way to summarize the results of the tests that were completed. If I wanted to find out a trend of right/wrong answers by individual questions, I would have to look at each completed test manually.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

n/a

Usage of the platform has teetered off since primary use case. It solved the need of building and organizing a structure for testing around 30 employees weekly for a 8 week 'education' period.

Bounce King
Entertainment

"Simply the best"

What do you like best?

I appreciate the ability to customize the experience as well as I can

What do you dislike?

There isn't any particular feature that I do not enjoy and truth be told if there is something not meeting my requirements, it's most likely user error

Initial training, retraining and situation based training. I've seen a much higher retention of data over just the issuance of a handbook

Operations Manager
E-Learning

"Flexible and Cost Effective LMS Partner"

What do you like best?

I recommend Latitude Learning to many of my customers because their LMS is customizable, flexible, cost effective, and easy to use. I like the fact that you can run custom reports, brand pages for different audiences and user groups, and easily load courses.

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to track Resources in the LMS and have an evaluation survey/tool built into the system.

The LMS solves the problem of tracking and launching courses and allowing accessibility of courses anywhere and anytime. Benefits include customization and branding of the portal (even if you aren't a programmer or web developer), and training available on the Latitude website.

Response from Sonia Gottfried of LatitudeLearning

Julie,

Instructional Design Manager
E-Learning

"Perfect for demoing or small group LMS"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that a small group can use this as a base to show SCORM content for free.

What do you dislike?

Having higher number of free users would make it more attractive as then you can use it as proof of concept to a customer and then expand with the number of users.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you wish to have an LMS to use in the trial faze as an individual then this is perfect due to the cost and ease of setup.

Using it for personal LMS use and testing of Mobile first authoring tools.

Manager of Corporate Initiatives
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

"Good software for learning"

What do you like best?

Very user-friendly interface minimizes distractions from the user who is trying to learn the concepts. Easy to navigate sidebars are also a big plus for me.

What do you dislike?

The upload process for adding and editing courses can be clunky and overwhelming for the first time user.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do some research first and make sure you read all of the available learning material on how to use the features in the software.

We are using this software primarily for software training but there have been some uses for soft skills in the past.

"Great system"

What do you like best?

I love being able to access subject information from a source that isn't wikipedia. The information provided is typically textbook, which is information that can not be accessed without purchase of book. The interaction with instructors & quizzes are excellent.

What do you dislike?

emails for courses that don't pertain to me, search for specific information

Recommendations to others considering the product:

this is part of business education through the workplace

Response from Sonia Gottfried of LatitudeLearning

Great advice: "Take your time. There is a wealth of information at your disposal. The information is better than what you can find through a basic internet search."

AI

"Excellent Online Learning Platform"

What do you like best?

It is easy for students to navigate, and unlike some other LMSs I have experienced, it has 100% uptime. I never receive an "offiline for maintenance" message.

What do you dislike?

It can be difficult to add classes, or to add students to classes. It would be nice to have a tabbed interface, rather than just a series of links down the left side.

We no longer have to put a lot of time into basic training. Our employees can learn at their own pace.

Response from Sonia Gottfried of LatitudeLearning

Thanks for your feedback.

Our Getting Started Webinar and Tools Bootcamp are available to help eliminate any hiccups from the beginning.

We also have a Training Resource Library, available 24/7 throughout the lifetime of your LMS.

Call Centre Manager / Project Manager
Computer & Network Security

"Latitude Learning Review"

What do you like best?

The cost is extremely enticing, as well as the chance to self brand the portal

What do you dislike?

Some of the courses could be updated/refershed

My staff can do the self paced courses during downtime without needing all trainees available at the same time disrupting business.

Response from Sonia Gottfried of LatitudeLearning

Jennifer, we are glad you are getting good value out of the LatitudeLearning LMS.

Thanks for your feedback.

AO

"Short Review"

What do you like best?

I like how the system was quite robust and had a lot of functionality and able to do a lot. I like how your trial version allow me to see all the functionality and even upload my own scorm modules

What do you dislike?

The downside of your platform is its too cumbersome. It allowed for a much more than what I needed it for. Also I found it wasn't as crisp and intuitive for the user. .

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make a few different versions of the platform base off functionality. Or hide a lot of the extra less used functionality so that it is easily to navigate and less overwhelming.

New Hire training modules and to record completion of safety modules

AE

"Latitude Learnings LMS is exactly what I was looking for."

What do you like best?

I like that it provides a user-friendly platform for small organizations <100 users to use at no cost. Because of Latitude Learning, my organization grows as they also supported me when I needed it most.

What do you dislike?

Don't know yet; would be nice to enroll multiple existing users to multiple courses all at once; instead of course by course - I do use the user group feature to enroll multiple users to a course.

I was looking for the perfect LMS that would track and report staff learning as well as be flexible enough for the trainer and instructional designer.

Response from Sonia Gottfried of LatitudeLearning

We are happy to hear your training program is benefiting from the LatitudeLearning LMS.

(10,001+ employees)

"LatitudeLearning makes for a great onlearning experience"

What do you like best?

The site is easy to navigate. The 'Free LMS', 'LMS Demo' and the 'LMS Overview' provide a lot of information and the recorded demo is good. The tabs on the top right and the associated dropdowns are well thought out and the content is well laid out. All in all, a great customer experience.

What do you dislike?

Nothing that I can put my finger on, will provide feedback in case I come across a feature that needs improvement.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It looks good, worth trying out

I have gone through the site content and plan to enroll shortly for a free course, initially.

IA

"Easy To Use With Great Support"

What do you like best?

The interface is user friendly and easily configured to brand and add users in batch format

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I dislike, the LMS offers everything that I need

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take advantage of the coaching sessions that are offered as an hourly rate. I saved hours of trial and error when first deigning the structure of the system.

Performance Improvement daily

"Great for assigning different trainings to different employees. "

What do you like best?

I like being able to assign different courses and subjects to different employees. I can match the employee up with training most relevant to their job.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, we have difficulties logging in or it not recognizing accounts.

WE are able to train more efficiently and effectively. Employees are able to complete the training when it best suits their schedules.

AA

"Latitude vs the other guys"

What do you like best?

The ability to tailor your package to your needs. The interface is fairly intuitive and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Customer support only through email. At the time of webcasts and having issues, waiting for a response through email for troubleshooting, isn't effective, especially with only a 15-minute open window prior to the webcast to open and do any testing. Most of the other systems out there allow for previous access to do dry runs and test functionality.

It has allowed potential employers to sample my training products and demonstrate my LMS abilities.

AH

"Love LatitudeLearning, easy to use and meets all our needs "

What do you like best?

The system is very user friendly and easy to use. If you would happen to need any type of tech support, the help desk is amazing. They respond back to you within 24hours and are very helpful. They offer free LMS access to the first 100 users as well.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything that I dislike about working with LatitudeLearning.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

use it... you won't be sorry

It allows us to share our continuing education programs with external customers. Something that we never were able to do so successfully before.

Training and Development
Consumer Goods

"Trainer's review"

What do you like best?

Its easy to navigate and free

What do you dislike?

Hard time launching courses sometimes

Ongoing follow up learning

AH

"Nice for a Free LMS"

What do you like best?

I put together a course for my roller derby league and was able to host it on Latitude's free LMS. Everything was easy to use and worked as expected. It's not flashy, but it's reliable and it gets the job done.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any complaints. It's great for a free tool.

I was able to get my rules training out to a large number of people easily and also test them. It made the grading process much easier and faster, so no one had to wait to find out if they passed or not.

CC

"Scalable LMS that can grow with your company."

What do you like best?

Scalability, as a free, hosted LMS it meets the needs of small companies. With the enterprise class installation, Latitude LMS can handle the largest companies.

What do you dislike?

As with most LMSes, the backend UI should be more intuitive.

Helps me prove, test and track content I develop for clients.