LanSchool Reviews & Product Details

LanSchool Overview

What is LanSchool?

LanSchool’s classroom orchestration software puts technology to work for both students and educators. Our solutions enable powerful collaboration in remote and digital classrooms where teachers can manage multiple learning activities from one central platform. Available as a cloud-based or locally–hosted solution, LanSchool is compatible with Windows, Mac, Chrome operating systems and supports your mixed device environments. Our solutions meet the needs of your technical environment — and help you scale. Available for use in entire school districts and single classrooms, the software eliminates digital distractions, keeps students focused, and increases real-time collaboration to improve student success. Instead of managing classroom devices, teachers can spend more quality time enabling student learning. Easy installation and on-boarding saves time for both IT teams and teaching staff. And, with a simple, streamlined pricing model, we offer an affordable and flexible solution to easily accommodate your school and district’s classroom management needs. LanSchool, a pioneer and innovator of classroom management software, has placed purposeful technology in the hands of passionate educators for over 30 years.

LanSchool Details

Classroom management software solutions that enable engaging 1:1 learning experiences & powerful collaboration in connected classrooms. Locally hosted option. Cloud-based option ideal for distance learning. Enhanced student safety solutions.

Our solution is flexible to fit your needs. We can scale up to fit your growth. You can choose between a cloud-based solution or a locally-hosted solution. If you are building a distance learning program or a hybrid classroom setting, LanSchool can help your teachers guide their students as if they were sitting together in a classroom.

Lenovo

LanSchool Screenshots

LanSchool Reviews

Showing 106 LanSchool reviews
Already have LanSchool?
What do you like best?

It is nice to centrally track, restrict the exposure and sharing of programs and pages on other screens. It helps to differentiate a lesson greatly as everyone actively engages in the subject. Students will look at my screen and follow my pattern in a small window. You don't have the problem that because of lighting issues or their classroom location, a student can't look at the monitor in advance. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It could be a little difficult to schedule lessons with many different teachers. Scripting is too technical to configure. A simple Quick Launch Transmission tool should be given to allow me to claim that you have these next computers in this room rather than open outdated configuration files. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend the implementation of this platform, it is innovative and intuitive. makes the interaction between the teacher and the students very dynamic. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

By limiting / removing constant distractors, all students can be held in charge. It is an instrument for helping teachers in the learning of students. Lack of student screens facilitates class unity and encourages a deeper comprehension of a concept which was difficult to do in the past without seeking any other way of making the student screen appear on the wall, having the class "meet" or having the student describes the issue audibly and hopes that the students will understand. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like that this software allows me complete control over the screens in my classroom. I don't have to worry about getting up and walking around the classroom as much to monitor screens because I have all of the tools necessary to do that from the front of the room at my desk. I also really like the fact that I am able to control screens and devices from my computer, this gives me more control over what is going on in the room. My favorite feature would be that I am able to set a list of blocked websites that students are not able to visit on their computers. I am also able to put everyone on the same website or page, or open programs with the click of a button. It is very nice software that allows me more control and to worry less about little things. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The interface is not amazing and you have to go into menus sometimes to get features. Also when it freezes or gets buggy you have to completely close and reopen the program which can take some time to do. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

See if all of the features offered are right for you. Also know that unless you pay yearly you will not get upgrades to new features in the future, but you will still have access to use it as it is installed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Being able to monitor screens in my class without constantly walking around the room. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The ability to web limit is a tool that works very well from us. Obviously the ability to monitor all student devices within a given classroom is the main function. It does serve that purpose very well; however it seems to be sort of laggy in most cases. Building class lists is a good way to ensure that you have all students "locked" into your Lanschool. In the elementary, building class lists are very easy as you don't usually have any reason to change the class. In the high school this is a little more difficult and with students changing classes, it's really up to the teach to keep on top of their rosters per class. Otherwise we do have situations where people bump into each other when trying to manage the class. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The crashing and unfriendly user interface. Mostly the fact that it doesn't open as a normal program and is hidden in the bottom right of Windows hurts. Our staff that is computer illiterate has a tough time understanding this. We try to have days where we try to show off more uses for Lanschool. Unfortunately, some people "lose" themselves in the menus even though it doesn't seem that difficult for typical computer savvy users. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use the class list function to ensure that students can't remove themselves from the class on their own. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Ability to watch student devices during classes to ensure they're on task is a great benefit. Web limiting is a great tool in scenarios of insubordination. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Jess Menasian of LanSchool

Hello Dylan - Thank you for the review and valuable feedback! We will pass that on to our Product Managers. Regarding the issues you mentioned, we released a new version (8.0.2.82) on 12/16/19. We recommend updating to this latest version as we are always improving performance with each new release. You can also contact support@lenovosoftware.com for assistance in resolving issues.

Technology Coordinator
What do you like best?

My teachers love the ability of LanSchool Air to integrate with Google Classroom making class management a piece of cake! The ability to 'curtain' the chromebook and also push out websites is great for the younger grades. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Still waiting for the ability to share teacher/student screens with the class. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are a G Suite for education user and utilize Google Classroom, this is the easiest and most effective product for student/device management in the industry Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Prior to LanSchool Air, class/student management took way too much time and resulted in students not showing up, or showing as blank screen. Since rolling out LS Air, that problem has been solved increasing our teacher usage by over 100% Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

K-12 CIAT Supervisor
What do you like best?

I really like the LIMIT WEB feature that allows teachers the control to set the sites they want their students to go to. They can set it and forget it, and be confident that LAN School will only allow the students to go to the sites the teacher has pre approved. The teacher is safe to move around the room and work in small groups knowing the other students are not accessing sites that are not allowed during their class. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Ther are some hiccups with the Chromebooks. Students can restart the Chromebooks (which only takes a few seconds) and when they come back online the teacher no longer sees the device in their console so the student is free from the teacher control. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The benefits are seen in the ability of each teacher to be able to set their own limit web for each class without having to wait for IT to add or remove sites to the larger content filter on campus. Also we can use dynamic class list so we provide a daily updated roster file from our SIS and the teachers simply points to that list to get their current classes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Coordinator of Technology Innovation
What do you like best?

LanSchool helps teachers to minimize distractions and encourage students to stay on task when completing assignments. I love that teachers are able to communicate one to one with a student without drawing unwanted attention. LanSchool increases student engagement as well as provide differentiated learning in the classrooms. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would not consider this a dislike, However, it would be great for students to be able to return their assignment to teachers after they have been completed. Also, it would be great to have more accessibility options for students. For instance, like immersive reader, and incentive for students who do a great job! (I.E stickers. emojies...etc) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend LanSchool to teachers who want to have engaged learners while being productive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

LanSchool has fostered growth for my students and have helped me manage and organize my lessons more efficiently. My students are able to stay on task and request help without the entire class knowing they need assistance. The show teacher screen is awesome because I know everyone is able to see what I need them to see and follow along. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UP
What do you like best?

What I like best about LanSchool Air is the digital features such as monitoring a student's computer screen, viewing them all at once, and being able to easily send private messages to each student. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I am not able to view student history. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Being able to communicate with each student through messaging to not disrupt the class while they are completing their classwork. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UP
What do you like best?

Able to keep fidelity of educational practices. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is sometimes difficult to monitor large groups. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure staff is fully trained and are not just thrown into using the product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Plagiarizing and making sure students are completing their own work.

Students know that they are unable to cheat. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

I love being able to see all screens at once. I am able to push out website to all students at once. Sending private messages directly to students allows me to communicate with my students without disrupting the learning of others. In setting up LanSchool Air, I love the ability to sync with Google Classroom. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish I had the ability to view students' history or click/exit off different tabs that my students may have open. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

LanSchool Air allows fewer classroom disruptions, heightened classroom management, and the assurance that all students are on task at one time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Teacher
What do you like best?

I like being able to blank screens, send messages to students and somewhere is the ability to limit and assign websites and bring students into lanschool if they haven't accpeted except I really hadn't had the time this year to figure that out. I know that the capacity to do so is there I jut have not yet figured it out. I like being able to view and monitor screens and make sure that they are on task. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I went from the regular version to the air and it actually seems like the air is harder to use. It's not really intuitive it's like I need to have someone sit down and show me how to do things instead of just clicking on a student screen and getting options of what I want to do that I can instantly apply. For example I can't just click on a student's screen and send a message I have to click somewhere else select the student from a menu and them send a message... I also used to just be able to have the window with the students screens open all the time or minimized in the background, but now if I am not using it for a while it needs to be refresed or I have to log back in. It also seems like a lot of the time I have quiet a few students whose screens are not showing on my monitor like it is easy for them to get around the monitoring software somehow. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

to make sure you include a training session before launching to make sure that people can use it to its fullest potential. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It allows me to monitor and make sure students are on task and not doing things they shouldn't which is really important with so much technology at thier fingertips. I like how I can message students and personalize my instructions to them without having to do so in front of the whole class. Again I have problems with when I open up a classroom I always have several students who are not connected or showing active on my screen it seems like it is too easy for them to avoid being monitored. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AE
What do you like best?

I like LanSchools ability to show my screen to student screens so as we practice a new skill for the first time they can see my screen in a small window on theirs and follow my model. No more do you run into the issue of a student not being able to see the screen up front due to lighting issues or their position in the classroom. It's also a great tool to allow me to showcase a student's screen to the board or everyone elses screens so they can name specifically what is done well or help that student get better by pushing their own understandings further! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Assembling classes for multiple different teachers can be a bit of a pain. Set up and dumping fresh installs into Channel 0 or Channel 1 and then having to differentiate what computer is what can be confusing for teachers the first time during setup. Also from a Tech perspective setup using the scripts is too technical. There should be an easy Quick Start Distribution tool that just allows me to say "Put These Next Computers Into This Room with these settings" as opposed to opening archaic config files. Also, website blocking on computers doesn't always work well even though we have computer updates turned off so compatibility issues shouldn't be happening. I ran a LanSchool software update and web blocking no longer works. Computers are blocked from updating browsers and OS so this is definitely a LanSchool issue. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

LanSchool should not be a replacement for good classroom management. LanSchool is a tool to aide teachers in student learning. Showing student screens who are struggling pushes class cohesiveness and allows a deeper understanding around a concept to emerge that was previously hard to do without finding a way to get the student screen on the board some other way, having the class "gather round" or having the student audibly explain their problem and hope students understood. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Teacher
What do you like best?

Absolutely able to monitor (most) students’ computers and interact with them via instant message. For me, this is a life saver. Instead of calling a kid out in front of the entire class, I can message them directly and screenshot their screens, etc.

Interacting with a student via instant message/chat often deescalates the situation, and that’s a win in my book. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

At my previous school, we had the full version of LanSchool. I’m the reason we researched and got this program. LanSchool Air is like seeing a really great profile on a dating website, connecting with the person via text/phone calls, and then meeting in person and realizing they were using their better looking sibling’s information. It lacks the ability to follow keystrokes, see previous sites visited, and control a student’s screen remotely. Also, the add/block/restrict function is not as useful in Air. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Defusing tense situations, screenshots, etc. Classroom management. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Technology Network Associate
What do you like best?

As a Tech I love using Lanschool to manage our 1-1 classroom carts of 20-30 each Lenovo Yoga laptops. I ask students to leave yogas out of the carts and powered up when the go to Activity. All I have to do is walk into the classroom, sit at the teacher's desk, login to all 30 yoga laptops via Lanschool and hit run a program, open a website, or test an application.

Uses include: windows updates, restarts, Lenovo system updates for drivers, intel driver checks, test software programs by controlling all, sound tests, etc etc. Very fast, very simple. I logoff all or restart all and move on to the next classroom. Students take care of yogas when they return from Activity.

Teachers use it to monitor students, teach them how to do something, send encouraging notes, prompt them to get back on task, let the whole class know that they have 10 minutes left, blank the screens to get their attention, mute the sound, or share the work that another has done on their individual computer. Teachers simply LOVE Lanschool.

Students use lanschool to monitor each other, send questions to the teacher, display their work, and assist themselves with their own personal digital citizenship. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We have had some difficulties getting Lanschool Tech Console to work consistently in our environment. We have also been unsuccessful with the Lanschool reporting application to alert us to inappropriate student use of search engines. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't try to work without it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Lanschool has created an amazing environment of digital citizenship here. Students always think twice before clicking because they know that they will be held accountable for every keystroke. It only takes one student in a grade level to spread the word to all that the teacher can discover all activities while on that computer. We project the lanschool classroom up on the big screen, all students can see what the other students are doing. They police each other, but they will also assist one another if they see that a fellow classmate is struggling to remember how to do something or cannot keep up. In the beginning it can be distracting but eventually all students stop looking and get to work. This frees the teacher up to focus on TEACHING! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Business Teacher
What do you like best?

I most like being able to look at and control the students' computers. I often don't tell them the full capacity of what I'm able to do but they usually find out when I freeze their screens with a message that gets their attention. Using a student's computer as a demo for the other students is also quite handy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Only downside is when not all of the computers have the updates installed. I would also like to be more familiar with everything it does because it's obvious that I'm not using it to its full potential. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

EASY to install - just keep it updated on ALL computers. (i.e. when your IT people replace or make changes to the student computers, make sure this software is reinstalled on each one). Pretty user-friendly. Great when you can surprise the students by locking or taking over their computer. (i.e. You've told them to get out of a program or to shut down and they haven't done it, you just do it for them.) They don't know how much or little control you have, but this gives them a clue. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Student participation and/or attention is improved because I can lock them out of the computer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CTE/IT Specialist
What do you like best?

We just started testing Lanschool in our District for 2 schools in the last school year. I have to say I love it. As an IT Specialist, having Lanschool installed on our managed devices makes my life so much easier for installing software, viewing issues, detecting problems, etc. My teachers are also having great results. They truly appreciate the private connections they can make with students that are off task, have a question, or need help with projects. I highly recommend this product to any school district that is looking for a remote assistance, and teacher monitor product for their classrooms.

I am recommending that we purchase this product for our other high schools in our district. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We are still testing this product, so I don't have issues at this time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would highly recommend trying this product. This seems to be one of the best. The support if great! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I really like using this product for remote assistance when authentication for software installation is the only issue required. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Technology coordinator
What do you like best?

I like being able to see what the kids are on and bring up their screen. I also like being able to freeze their screens. I like being able to limit what websites their own because they always try to get on gaming site or sites that are inappropriate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I find it was difficult to keep up with updating classes as I teach three classes of six, three classes of seventh, and three classes of eighth grade. It was a bit of a learning curve learning how to import and save the kids. Also sometimes it was a bit of a pain in the neck if another teacher in the middle school did not release the students in their class. Then I would have to call him or her and ask them to dismiss that class from their roster. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have found that many kids go on inappropriate websites. It was nice to be able to track the history of the students with the times and dates of inappropriate use. Many teachers though did not utilize this resource even though it was available at their fingertips. We offered training but it was after school. We also told our staff about the training videos available to them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IT Director
What do you like best?

Monitoring students with LanSchool is easy and even fun, why should admins not have fun too? Preventing behaviour is much better than punishing and with LanSchool I get to be the lifeguard of the sea of digital information. Quick installs of other software is a breeze and communication in the classroom is enhanced greatly. Screenshots are extremely valuable in discipline situations and are irrefutable. Being able to see every desktop in the Tech Console is magical. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The selection of individual screens and releasing of remote control can be clunky and non-responsive sometimes crashing the interface.

Remote controlling and logging on as admin to multiple desktops from the Tech Console can be tricky if desktops screens are different size/resolution. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do not wait get it now it may save a life and at minimum keep your students on task. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Student accountability and even teacher accountability are much greater with LanSchool. Excuses for not watching online activity have all but vanished. Students do not even try which means more time spent on assignments and learning.

Bullying and malicious behavior has dropped dramatically. State testing browsers can easily be installed and updated without going to each machine saving time and money. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Technology Teacher
What do you like best?

LanSchool gives me the control I need to make my classroom work while being engaged and focused on assignments, it has highly improved my students work and scores.

Also, the fact that I can screenshot my student's activity was a great tool for discipline and parent's conference. It helped a lot when small children from primary classes came to practice their own programs like I-Station, because LanSchool has helped me to log students at once, that saved a lot of time for teachers and students as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some latency while watching my student's screens. I needed to refresh sometimes to see the current activity of my students. Sending message to individual students was not effective in my own experience. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Survey your school needs, it is important in order to get the write subscription rate.

Have someone with some IT knowledge to help installing both teacher's and student's version of LanSchool.

Reach to LanSchool technical support, they were very useful when I was by myself installing the software in our stations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Student's attention is the most important key in my classroom, before LanSchool some students were not following teacher's instructions and were logging in their computers before others. With LanSchool I ensure every single student is on the same page. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Language Arts Teacher
What do you like best?

I love that I am able to limit the sites students can use on different projects. It helps students focus, and it helps remind them to be honest about what we are trying to do in the classroom. To me as a teacher, they should be focused on the task at hand. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish the keystroke alerts was better in tune with what students are actually looking up. I was getting hundreds of emails every day just because some words were within words for the list I had added on the Keystroke Alert. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend using LanSchool to all teachers as it allows one to keep the students on task and to let them know that we can 'see' what they are doing (maybe making them a bit more honest and doing what is being asked!). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have realized that it’s a collaborative tool. You can have your own screen as a teacher and push it onto the students’ screens, or teachers could type a question and have it shoot up onto every screen and every student could answer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

teacher
What do you like best?

What's great about this is that students are accountable for the work they do on computers. I didn't even have to check most of the time, but if a student was off-task, I could send them a silent message instead of calling them out in front of the class. There are other great features, such as quizzes and being able to blank screens when you need everyone's attention. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We have had trouble with installation. On our laptops and with our network, we need to have our IT people cooperate, whic has been challenging. Lenovo's tech support is awesome, but we reached a point where they couldn't help us and our IT department was reluctant to help. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Before purchasing, be sure your IT department understands the requirements of the program and is willing to work with you. It is not necessarily easy for one or two teachers to install and use on their own. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This solves the problems of kids getting distracted when on computers or devices. It keeps kids on task. It also shows me when kids are struggling, but may not want to ask for help. When students are drafting essays, for example, I can see which lids are having trouble and can do some one-on-one teaching with them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Lead Teacher
What do you like best?

I use Lanschool to give my students fast survey's and quizzes. It is fast, easy and the results are immediate, they provide feedback to myself and my students in a manageable format that we can grasp and use ASAP. As well, I use Lanschool to monitor my students progress on class projects while they are using technology within the classroom. Lanschool has so many different aspects and tools, test writing too. I like the testing format because it will automatically grade the assessments for you and allows for different types of response from your kids. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Honesty, the front-end work, loading the students into the site, this does take time for each class. However, once the kids are loaded for the year, it's done and you do not have to think of it again. Also, I would love a face to face training to really dig deep into ALL the benefits of Lanschool, there are so many and I feel like I only touch on a few. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I do love that Lanschool allows me to see when my kids are off task, the accountability is nice! I feel like it places true responsibility on the children to be using technology correctly (which is so needed these days). Of course, this is a great help inside a class when you have a room full of students working on computers and different projects, you want them to "be doing the right thing" and Lanschool encourages this behavior. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Teacher
What do you like best?

One of the best things about LanSchool is that it helps teachers ensure students working on computers are actually on task. The program lets you monitor what the student is doing as well as the web content used by students. It allows teachers to turn off unauthorized games and or websites. Teachers can type questions or comments to students as they work to help guide the student's learning. Another great feature is that students can communicate with you if they have questions on an online task. This program is a must have for any school that is using computers one to one with each student. My school gives all students computers for online tasks. In today's technological world teaching students to work on the computer in multiple digital media is imperative to ensuring a well balanced education that allows students to be college and career ready. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is often hard to navigate from one student to the next. I often have to reload in order to do so. Perhaps there is a better way to make the transition. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

LanSchool makes students accountable for being on task. They know we have it and use it, and the consequences that come with misusing computers in the classsroom. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Assistant Director of Online Learning
What do you like best?

Our teachers who have mobile or desktop labs love being able to push links to each computer shortening the time it takes to make digital instruction effective. They also like being able to use the thumbnail view of each computer and show that over a projector so that students police themselves. LanSchool helps lessen students not on task. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We're now using more Chromebooks than PC or Mac laptop. Teachers have complained to us that LanSchool functions differently on a Chromebook than on a desktop and that they wish the features would be identical between devices. Furthermore, they say LanSchool on Chromebooks is "glitchy" functioning on one Chromebook but not on another. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

LanSchool is a staple in the Education industry. If you are using Mac's, PC's and Chromebooks like we are, you'll appreciate what LanSchool can do for your organization. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

After we updated to the latest version of LanSchool and pointed each desktop, laptop and Chromebook back at a server in each school, LanSchool seems to work much better traversing the many subnets running in each building. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Middle School Mathematics Teacher
What do you like best?

LOVE that this gives me control over my classroom. When I have 30+ students on laptops, it can be nearly impossible to monitor everyone. I often project all of my students screens on my board so that I can roam around my classroom and monitor at the same time. I also love that I can block websites and limit website use for my class. This makes my job so much easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Every time I go to use LanSchool at the beginning of the year I need to get assistance setting it up. I wish this was easier to navigate. Also when I switch between classes, my LanSchool often freezes. Maybe there is something I am missing or a reason that this happens, but this can get old when I can’t monitor my next class because my screen is frozen. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

LanSchool functions as almost another adult in the room. I get another set of “eyes” on my students. This eliminates so many discipline problems because I can block and control websites before the problem. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CTE instructor, IT program
What do you like best?

I find LanSchool to be invaluable in my lab. I teach grades 9 & 10 and it is great to help keep them on task. Sometimes I need to use the Blank Screen feature to guarantee they are not distracted by the computers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there is a lag in releasing control of machines. Also I have struggled with the installation & upgrading; if I do not remember or document the original installation location, then I cannot uninstall the software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take advantage of the online documentation and other resources. Take the time to experiment with the various features; I am always finding additional ones that are so very useful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have used the screen capture feature to capture shots of students behaving inappropriately. This past year I had one who was especially distractible and the screenshots were great when meeting with his support team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.