Kissmetrics Reviews & Product Details

Kissmetrics Overview

What is Kissmetrics?

Get, keep and grow more customers with Customer Engagement Automation by Kissmetrics. Behavioral analytics, segmentation and email campaign automation all in one place. Deeply understand and uniquely engage each customer from prospect to advocate. Built to help marketers and product teams increase conversions, engagement and retention.

Kissmetrics Details

Identify, understand, and improve the metrics that drive your online business. Their actionable metrics tell you more than what happened. They also tell you who and why.

Kissmetrics
2008
San Francisco, CA
@Kissmetrics

Kissmetrics Videos

Kissmetrics Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Kissmetrics community
Have you used Kissmetrics before?

Kissmetrics Reviews

Showing 159 Kissmetrics reviews
Already have Kissmetrics?
AC
What do you like best?

The best thing about KissMetrics recently, is that the company appears to be listening to the users, and including more of the features that we have been asking for. The new people view, populations, and activity view are all great features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The way that properties are handled is not something that I am super happy about. I am forced to ask questions in an awkward way to try to get the data I am looking for, and I cannot ask a question like "what are all the values for property:{name} that have ever been fired for this group.

The power reports are too hard to use, so I just don't, but I feel like I am missing out.

The webcasts more often then not, do not go into the specific detail that I would like to see. I would love to have more webcasts that show exactly, step by step through the system, ways to set up or look at users that are valuable. Most are just too high level. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use KM to track users by install source (last touch) and how those cohorts behave in the app. We also use the LTV as a gut check against the other LTV tools that we have.

We use the dashboards to report on high level metrics daily, such as installs, cancels, and revenue. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Content Marketing Lead
What do you like best?

The best thing about Kissmetrics is the combination of power and flexibility that it provides. Once you figure out how to set up and run reports, you can get valuable insight into all kinds of actions that take place on your site and track important conversion data. There are other tools that do this, but none that work quite the way Kissmetrics does (at least not that I'm aware of).

Overall, the best thing about Kissmetrics is that it allows to do data-driven marketing better, and we simply have not seen another tool that could be a one-to-one replacement for it on the market. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's not particularly intuitive and the learning curve is steep. You'll need to spend some time learning how to use it in order to get real value from it. The UI isn't particularly easy to get around either, and there are some other small quality-of-life improvements that could be made that aren't in the product right now. The ability to email data exports to more than one user account, for example, would be a major convenience. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ask yourself what questions about your funnel you want to answer before investing in this (or any) tool. Then, make sure you're prepared to spend the time required to learn how to use it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We're solving problems around tracking and measurement that would be difficult to solve without it. The primary benefit we've seen is that we're able to track conversion rates all the way down the funnel in a way that yields incredibly valuable insights that we can then use to guide all kinds of decision-making.

Without Kissmetrics, it would be tough to know exactly which content and URLs are driving which actions that are specifically turning into leads and sales. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Open Discussions in Kissmetrics
Strategic Account Manager
What do you like best?

All the report types and the great support provided by their team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The reports that cant be automatized to be sent automatically via emails. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You will not regret it, if you want to really understand in detail, what is going on in with the site. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Understanding if customers use the enhancements being developed. Also to be able to have basic KPI to see sites health. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The simplicity of sending our engagement metrics to KM via their API and not having to worry about hosting that data ourselves is very nice for a small company like ours. We have looked into more advanced systems and the work to get to a place of hosting our own data is quite daunting. This is a perfect quick solution for us at this point in time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The user interface is completely unintuitive. The UI is outdated and every task is so manual it is painful. Several reports that we run are based on time and this interface requires you to update each individual query with a date picker manually. It is absolutely miserable to use. This takes us several hours when it could be auto populated, or at the very least allow for batch date updates. The integrations with other platforms is limited. Because of this we do not have the ability to attribute acquisition to marketing campaigns. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a quick and easy solution if that's what you're looking for but it does not provide the insights that you will need down the road. Do the work, build a data warehouse and set yourself up for more customized reporting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are using Kissmetrics for all of our user engagement metrics. This has benefited us significantly in understanding how our users are using our platform. This benefits us by providing insights into prioritization for new product features as well as targeted marketing efforts. Without KM we would have zero visibility into what features are performing well and which features need additional marketing to communicate the value proposition across to our customers. While the product is limited, it does provide this very valuable insight for us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Specialist, Digital Marketing
What do you like best?

I prefer Kissmetrics over Google Analytics for web attribution and user-level analytics. All of my PPC performance reports use Kissmetrics data. The user interface allows for very quick insights into users, campaigns, etc. The a/b testing tool is also a great add-on. The URL API tool is probably my favorite feature, as it allows marketers to spin up new events and properties in minutes, without having to engage the engineering team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Data visualization and reporting inside the tool can be limited at times and I often find myself exporting raw data to transform/pivot in a spreadsheet. Kissmetrics also struggles with app-based attribution/analytics. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are an early-to-mid stage, webfocused, data-driven organization -- then I recommend Kissmetrics. There are other tools out there with more features but Kissmetrics is more affordable, still good bang for your buck. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Web attribution and user-level event analytics are Kissmetrics' bread and butter. For a data-driven performance marketer, Kissmetrics is a powerful and flexible tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Nothing. It did not work the way they said it would and they were very unprofessional in their communication with us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The contact, with Ryan in particular was a complete mess. The contracts were very deceiving and they did very little to understand where we were coming from or what we wanted. Not only a complete waste of money but some of their tactics bordered on scam behavior. Would never recommend this to anyone as there are several other companies who can do this with more honest and favorable terms. They clearly just wanted to charge money regardless of what their product did or did not do. It was an utter disgrace the way they charged us and continued to charge us despite us requesting a cancelling over and over again. Greedy and dishonest service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do not get into bed with people like this as the quality of support is horrid and very uncomprehensive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have realized 0 benefits of Kissmetrics. I am sure that there are some if you really look, however due to the lack of faith and their dishonest dealings with the contract we never got to see a single result. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Ryan Salomon of Kissmetrics

Hi,

First, I'd like to apologize for any issues you may have faced with your analytics or with anything that you remotely believe was deceiving. This is certainly not the experience we want our customers to have. In regards to billing, while we do believe we have to hold all accounts to what's stated in our contract terms, we also believe in doing everything we can to help websites succeed and grow. In your experience, it sounds like we were not able to listen and ultimately did not help you succeed in what you were looking to see from a data perspective. Effectively, we did not hold up our end of the contractual terms. For this, I sincerely apologize.

Second, please reach out to me directly at ryan@kissmetrics.io to go over the reporting issues you ran into, or with your availability so that we can hop on a call. In the event we can remedy the implementation issues, we will be extending to you an annual plan at no cost as we are not taking your experience lightly.

Thanks,

Ryan

What do you like best?

The ability to track and create reports for marketing and in-product interactions. We use Kissmetrics regularly for A/B testing and helps combine website conversions with in-product conversions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The reports can be very slow sometimes. It seems to have gotten better since the product switched owners. I wish the data exports happened automatically instead of going to your email. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

A/B testing to improve conversion rates on the website.

Analyze the conversion funnel from visit to registration to payment.

Analyze in-product user metrics. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

People Reports provide great insights. The API seems to work well the little we’ve used it for querying reports Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Doesn’t seem to be well maintained - seemingly simple bugs on the website (typically just UI problems) seem to perpetuate for a while. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Running AB tests to gauge feature effectiveness Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

its very practical and easy to use, I love personalized reports Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

plans have limited number of event counts, and upgrading is expensive Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

funnel Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Project Manager
What do you like best?

The item is straightforward. It gives me the information I need and is genuinely quick at doing as such! It has a wide scope of what it can do and break down - which is decent. Over the business we use it for alot of various things between A/B testing and populace analysis.The Funnel and Activity reports are by a long shot the most helpful. The Metrics highlight is helpful in its effortlessness. I've likewise come to depend on People Search while investigating non-related business issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I feel like the interface could be more easy to use. It takes some seeking to discover what you're searching for - and they're continually changing the manner in which the UI works. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's an incredible beginning stage before hopping on board to Intercom or Drift or another talk framework. It's incredibly straightforward, you can modify the style and shading and you can lead buyers down a path.Take time to set up right occasions and properties and ensure everybody recognizes what they are. It can get befuddling when a few groups are utilizing the item and setting up properties and occasions. Having something like an ace record that has all these in them is valuable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am taking care of the issue of transformation and every minute of every day administration. All locales these days are utilizing an innovation that enables the customer to feel like they are being overhauled regardless of whether there is nobody accessible or working. An advantage I've understood is many individuals permit the spring up to lead them directly from the landing page which makes them take a gander at the tributes which manufactures your believability and aides convert.Identifying the strategies that best proselyte our trialiers to repeating individuals has been the greatest shelter and worth the venture alone. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Store Manager
What do you like best?

Infоrmаtіоn hаs аlwаys bееn а kеy tо suссеss іn аlmоst еvеry dееd. Sо іn busіnеss іt іs сruсіаl, bеfоrе sеllіng yоur рrоduсt tо thе сustоmеrs yоu must hаvе еnоugh іnfоrmаtіоn whеthеr thеy nееd іt аt аll оr nоt, аnd іf yеs yоu nееd dеtаіls аnd sо оn, аnd аll thіs іnfоrmаtіоn yоu саn gеt thrоugh yоur wеbsіtе thаnks tо Kіssmеtrіx. As реорlе whо сrеаtеd thе wеbsіtе thrоugh thе оutsоurсіng соmраny wе dоn’t hаvе оur оwn рrоgrаmmеrs, nеvеrthеlеss, wе nееdеd sоmеhоw tо fіgurе оut hоw еvеrythіng wоrks hеrе аnd hоnеstly іt wаs nоt vеry еаsy, but thе реrsоn frоm thе suрроrtіng tеаm рrоvіdеd us wіth thе рrоfеssіоnаl hеlр Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wіll nоt tаlk аbоut sоmеthіng rеаlly bаd іn thіs systеm, аt lеаst bесаusе I hаvе nоt fоund аnythіng lіkе thіs yеt. Hоwеvеr, sоmе fеаturеs I wоuld rеаlly wаnt tо bе rеаlіzеd hеrе. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Engаgіng оur vіsіtоrs tо stаy аt оur wеbsіtе fоr thе lоngеr реrіоd оf tіmе tо іnсrеаsе thе сhаnсеs tо соnvіnсе thеm tо buy bесаmе rеаl аftеr I gаthеrеd thе іnfоrmаtіоn аbоut thе nееds оf thіs реорlе. Thіs іs nоt sераrаtе sоftwаrе fоr thе sресіаl sеgmеnt оf thе busіnеss, nо. Dо yоu hаvе а wеbsіtе аnd vіsіtоrs? If yеs thеn just buy thіs рrоduсt аnd stаrt bооstіng thе flоw оf yоur сlіеnts rіght nоw thе sаmе аs wе dіd. I саn sаy thаt wе wеrе wаndеrіng іn dаrknеss bеfоrе mееtіng thе systеm whісh bесаmе thе lіght fоr us fоr оur sіtuаtіоn, рrоblеms, dіrесtіоns оf thе futurе dеvеlорmеnt аnd stuff lіkе thіs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

What do you dislike?

We just love it. Marketing campaigns are incomplete without Kissmetrics. I personally love the tool for funnel side and love the way it simply breakdowns the data. Can't get much enough like Kissmetrics on any platform. Testing multiple landing is my favourite. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

100% Recommended! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Tracking real people, doing A/B split tests, behaviour results and tracking events is something I use. The benefits are if I use a free tool to do the same it will consume my lot of time but since I use Kissmetrics they help me do it in fractions of minutes and very efficiently. Which could've been quite impossible for me to do so. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Como elementos interesantes de este funnel de conversión, no se trata de un funnel predefinido, sino de un entorno de libre configuración de secuencias de eventos a partir de la identificación previa de hitos (ej. visualización de producto, términos y condiciones, etc.), con independencia de su localización final en los informes Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

A ello añade Kissmetrics una integración con la gestión de campañas de Google Analytics (y esto es algo que tenemos que explorar, porque sospecho que se limitará a una capacidad para hacer uso de los parámetros UTM… pronto añadiré un comentario al respecto). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

En cuanto al seguimiento de visitantes, muchos estarán contentos con el nivel de abstracción usado por esta herramienta, que pasa a hablarnos de personas. Y aquí podemos entrar en terreno espinoso, como sabéis.

En fin, pronto sabremos más. Por ahora cabe mencionar que Kissmetrics se presenta como una alternativa de bajo coste a quienes no encuentren el tiempo para sacar provecho de soluciones más complejas y costosas. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The visualization options are solid. The reports are fairly flexible. It's nice to have analytics somewhat centralized. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Integration with my company's database has failed over and over again, and Kissmetrics either shows no data or inaccurate data. The company keeps moving the platform to different URLs. The documentation for implementing database connections has left our dev team a bit confused. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Thoroughly review features before committing - this solution is not for everyone. Integration with RDBMS has been a pain. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's most useful for tracking customers/visitors through the funnel. Some of the aggregated data reports have questionable results. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Digital Marketer
What do you like best?

I love the ability to take the consumer on a "bunny trail" through your website. It allows you to control their pathway and see content that you find most relevant on your site Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The set up isn't extremely intuitive. It takes a few minutes to grasp the difference between the "conversion page link" and the "destination link." I think that process could be a little simpler. Although, I love the ability to customize the bubbles with brand colors, verbiage & shape (to an extent). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a great starting point before jumping on board to Intercom or Drift or another chat system. It's extremely simple, you can customize the style & color and you are able to lead consumers down a path. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am solving the problem of conversion & 24/7 service. All sites in this day and age are using a technology that allows the consumer to feel like they are being serviced even if there is no one available or working. A benefit I've realized is a lot of people allow the pop up to lead them right from the home page which gets them looking at the testimonials which builds your credibility and helps convert. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Great for deep data tracking, as it compares metrics and automates updates. This has helped us better track our goals and learn what works and doesn't work. This has allowed us to better understand our customers and make strides to better our overall marketing to them.

Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Could be a little more intuitive.

Exporting of reports sometimes takes ridiculously long.

Wish it integrated with other tools better/easier.

The learning curve for everything who is using is a bit long. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Trial it out first and see if your company could benefit from it. It took us a few trials with similar products until we found Kissmetrics and it's by far the best one out there for our needs, but every company is different! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

A/B testing has been huge! We have been able to test all different things such as email templates, subject lines, email length, and more so hone in on what our audience responds best to. We have also utilized retention data with our customers and engagement. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Vice President Marketing
Sports
What do you like best?

The Funnel & Activity reports are by far the most useful. The Metrics feature is useful in its simplicity. I've also come to rely on People Search when troubleshooting non-related business issues.

Also I must commend them on the effort and research they've put into constantly improving the platform. They do listen intently to user feedback and I've been approached by them numerous times for a quick call on a new or improved function. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There's an Engagement function to present banners, modals, etc. that really isn't what it should be. You can't use any of your data to cater messaging or show/not show messages to populations. It's glaring that this was left out so it feels like a tacked-on feature that was rushed out the door. I can understand not wanting to develop more in this area though as it nears the marketing automation space. When it comes to Kissmetric's overall value, I don't consider this feature a positive or negative.

I also don't find the Revenue and Cohort reports useful, however I don't necessarily have a need for them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The ease of implementation can vary depending on where you are with your data management. If you have a single provider like MailChimp, Marketo, Salesforce or if you have something in place to define events and user properties, implementation will be quick as they have a good data integration and API framework. If you don't have any type of data management in place, consider spending resources on building that out with something like Segment. It prepares you much better for integrations, and not just with Kissmetrics. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Identifying the tactics that best convert our trialiers to recurring members has been the biggest boon and worth the investment alone. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Digital Marketing Specialist
What do you like best?

The product is very simple. It gives me the data I want and is fairly fast at doing so! It has a wide range of what it can do and analyze - which is nice. Across the business we use it for alot of different things between A/B testing and population analysis. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I feel like the interface could be more user friendly. It takes some searching to find what you're looking for - and they're always changing the way the UI works. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take time to set up correct events and properties and make sure everyone knows what they are. It can get confusing when several teams are using the product and setting up properties and events. Having something like a master document that has all these in them is useful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use kissmetrics to look at data on pages and see who converted/paid us for A/B tests as well as general metrics monitoring. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UB
What do you like best?

Kissmetrics lives up to its name. They have made insights into metrics extremely usable and easy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The fact that the paid accounts are required for certain indispensable requirements. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have used it to extract insights for the company I interned for. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing/Data Analyst
What do you like best?

The amount of data and options are amazing. Really powerful tool. This without a doubt the best feature about Kiss Metrics.

But the fact that all that data can be combine with different search levels really makes this tool one of the best out there. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The service of KissMetrics is not that great we have a lot of doubts and we never got an answer.

They are hard to reach and even harder to get a feedback from them. This is the most frustrating aspect of Kiss Metrics.

The other aspect that we dislike is the fact that when we do a funnel search then you can't click on the users of a certain group and have a deeper look at them.

Their path tool is just useless, needs to be improve.

Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We solve funnel questions and more information about the behavior of our customers.

The best part if being able to see all users and the events that they have trigger. Or doing event search and seeing users behavior. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Tomasz Borys of Kissmetrics

Thank you so much for your valuable feedback, Javier! It's great that you see our product as a powerful tool for your organization; although on the level of service, this should never happen to any of our customers and I'm sure it's a frustrating feeling trying to get an answer. I will be personally reaching out to you, as I would like to get to the bottom of this.

UF
What do you like best?

The fact that you can follow a customer's journey step by step is wonderful. It really helped us understand how affiliate marketing fits into our customer journey. With Kissmetrics we were able to see that people instead of using affiliates as a source to find Apt2B used it to google for coupon codes while they were already checking out. Therefore, we were paying the affiliates money for nothing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Everyone started clearing their cookies. So tracking people by that method has proven to be a bit spotty. Also, there is no feature that let's you map your customer's journey in one aggregated form. There is something like a multi-path function, but due to the fact that everyone is clearing their cookies it's hard to tell what's true and what's not. It would also be great if it would be easier to search for specific people. It takes very long to load them and the NEW person search look is horrible. It would be great to see important metrics at a glance, i.e. when did they first visit the site, when did they purchase, how did they keep coming back. I would love to look at a specific customer and see: "visited site through google the first time and then came back through direct 3 times and then purchased 10 days after initial visit". However, just to reiterate, the biggest issue for us was that people are clearing their cookies and 50% of our customers were having their first site visit shown as "direct", which definitely can't be true. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Understand what the software can really do and what the limitations are. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We wanted to understand attribution better and partially it helped. Other benefits are more on the increasing sales side by identifying customer groups and up-/cross-selling to them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Organic Reach Lead
What do you like best?

The data--it is everything I wanted and more! The funnel report is worth the cost (for us at least) alone! I also have to do a shout out to the Kissmetric team--everyone that I have worked with has been extremely knowledgeable and helpful. I can't recommend the support team at KM enough! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Long report loading times and there are some issues with finding the correct pages when filtering. (You need to know the "exact" name of the page or campaign you want to filter. There is no drop down.) Sometimes it is a bit difficult to figure out why a report isn't loading data. (All minor issues though) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't wait as long as we did. We evaluated Kissmetrics for months and when we did finally sign up, we used the data to launch a highly successful top of the funnel lead campaign within 15 days. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We were looking to get a better idea of how our customers and potential customers are using our website. What the funnel conversion rate to email submission is and social ROI Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Digital Marketing Strategist, Founder
What do you like best?

It is great to see where visitors click and move around on a website. To understand the customers is the best way to learn how to grow a business, to better engage with them as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

cost :( I wish it was more economical for start-ups and entrepreneurs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

A lower price point so all businesses can take advantage of the software to make more insightful business decisions. The information this software provides gives insight otherwise businesses would not be able to attain. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

You can use it to identify leaks in the funnel and understand the flow of the visitors' behavior. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Digital Marketing Manager