FreeConference.com Reviews & Product Details

What is FreeConference.com?

FreeConference.com is the original free conference calling service. A pioneer in offering free and reliable teleconferencing solutions, today FreeConference serves over a billion minutes a year of all-digital conference calls to businesses and individuals requiring top-tier performance at little or no cost. Leading the industry with innovative value, FreeConference.com offers a more complete set of free audio and web conferencing features than any other provider, setting the standard in free conference calling. FreeConference.com is committed to providing reliable and affordable tools for gathering groups of every size, no matter their location, quickly, conveniently, and without restrictions. FreeConference.com is a service of iotum, a global leader in teleconferencing solutions. For more information, visit www.freeconference.com.

FreeConference.com Screenshots

1-50 of 85 total FreeConference reviews
Associate Director, Digital IT
Hospitality
(10,001+ employees)

"An Outstanding Web Conferencing Solution for Non-Profits"

What do you like best?

As a resource-constrained non-profit, obviously we appreciate FreeConference.com's free service option. But we are blown away by the rich feature set, the ease of use and the quality of the conferencing experience. To be honest, FreeConference.com provided as good or better an experience as tools like WebEx, GoToMeeting, Skype and others. We didn't expect this at all. Screen sharing, video streaming, and audio feed were all top notch, and easy to use for even the most technically challenged. Thoroughly exceeded our expectations.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. Quite simply, everything was intuitive and worked perfectly. Despite never having used the service before, I had a multi-party conference call set-up instantly, with video, screen sharing, document sharing, etc., and the user experience, for all involved, was flawless.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

While I can't speak to the paid version of the tool, if the free version is any indication I would not hesitate recommending FreeConference.com to non-profits, start-ups and small businesses with limited resources but extensive conferencing needs. In my regular job, I frequently use tools like Skype for Business, WebEx, GoToMeeting, AdobeConnect, etc., and my experience with FreeConference.com is equal to or better than these tools.

As a non-profit, attempting to organize and educate people concerned about the plight of animals, we rely heavily on Open Source and free web technologies to carry out our mission. FreeConference is our go to solution for management, administrative and training conferencing.

"We use the service weekly for our team meetings - it's convenient and easy to use! "

What do you like best?

I like that I didn't have to jump through hoops to get a conference connection, neither internally with our IT department nor externally to set my account up. Also, since our meetings tend to be with the same indvidiuals, I appreciate the address book!

What do you dislike?

I have no compalints about the system; I believe we lost connection once however that is most likely the result of user error than the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I found the product on my own. It was easy to understand, impliment and adminster. I can't say enough about the user experience FreeConference.com offers!

Efficiency - each week I get my reminder and I'm ready to go, no hastles no delays.

Case for Support Specialist
Fund-Raising
(Myself Only)

"First-time user - very impressed"

What do you like best?

FreeConference was so simple to set up, schedule the call with participants, and of course it was all free! I love the reminder emails to participants that were sent out – saved me the extra work of doing them.

What do you dislike?

There was truly nothing that I didn't like.

As a consultant, I usually work one-on-one with my clients and don’t often need to set up conference calls. But to get off on the right foot with a new client who wanted to kick-off a project with a bunch of people in different locations, I needed a teleconference service. It was too complicated to work with my national carrier, so I landed on FreeConference.com. The call was so easy to set up, the call was flawless, and the customer touch points from FreeConference made me feel like I was dealing with a reputable company (which I was!). I can’t wait to use it again.

Business Operations Manager
Construction

"It's Conference Calls and it's Free - It's FreeConference"

What do you like best?

Head to the website, create an account, get your FreeConference account and you can FreeConference away.

It really is that simple.

Nothing to download to use the conference call facility, just dial the number you are provided and enter the access code. Give the participant code to those you want to dial-in and, just like that, you are on the call.

What do you dislike?

I have had one participant complain of the call fees but I call this number all the time on my mobile and cannot see that I have noticed vast sums being charged to connect.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Very simple, and free.

We are a three office business, with offices at either ends of the UK - this easily connects us at any time, no notice required.

International Trade and Development
(10,001+ employees)

"Awesome service!"

What do you like best?

You can subscribe in a couple clicks and that gives you access, for free, to unlimited conference calls within the US and a selection of other countries (premium accounts give access to all countries - but the free service is already quite amazing). Call quality is great; interface is easy to use; I like how you can use your numbers without setting up a new conference call everytime; though you can also schedule a conference and benefit from reminder services. Awesome!

What do you dislike?

There's not much I dislike about this service. The website interface could be prettier, maybe. Also, I haven't used the online conference room (only calls), so I can't speak for this in particular.

I have been able to organize many calls with several people even when they didn't have access to internet or didn't manage the skype/hangout technology, which has been super helpful to coordinate in particular for an event planning.

Learning and Development Performance Consultant
Management Consulting

"You have to try the www. FreeConference.com service. It ROCKS!"

What do you like best?

How refreshing to find a free service out there that not only promises to do a good job, but they actually deliver! www.FreeConference.com is an operation like that who provides and follows up on their excellent service. I also love the fact that they have other options should I need them as our firm grows.

I highly recommend them to ANY business who needs a conference call service. You'll be glad you did. I know we are!

What do you dislike?

Nothing, they have been terrific. I wish all businesses could model their customer service!

Trying to stay in touch with my colleagues to work on projects to achieve our clients' goals.

C

"Owner"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and schedule calls. The invite feature works well to notify callers of the access info. I often use the video to view documents in real time and that work well. Generally, the overall interface is good and the quality of the call features work well. I often use for 1 to 1 video conferencing with a remote client but have used the audio only call to connect up to 4 people and it was clear.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally the calls have noise or the video gets pixalated or hangs. I understand that most of the time that has to do with the quality of connection - usually with my call party's internet service. We shut down most other internet use to direct bandwidth to the conference system

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be sure to have good internet bandwidth for video calls

I use with remote clients and colleagues and share documents that I wouldn't be able to share with a regular phone conference solution

Assistant Project Manager
Real Estate

"Great first experience!"

What do you like best?

The quality of the call was perfect. Everyone could hear everyone else clearly. Also, the first caller (which was myself) had fantastic hold music to listen to. It was fast, easy, and went without any problems.

What do you dislike?

There was not much to dislike about the call. Maybe as the callers entered the call, if we heard a little "ding" sounds instead of their name. This is in case the caller does not introduce themselves so we would still be able to identify someone entered the call.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would highly recommend FreeConference. It was flawless.

This was a call with one of our utility vendor. We needed to clarify an item and confirm our schedule. The call was perfect because it allowed us all to get on the same page. We are now ready to move forward on our project confidently.

Owner

"Excellent conference call service!"

What do you like best?

the ease of use - want to use the web? No problem Prefer VoIP? No problem. And the easy access to recordings is a big plus.

What do you dislike?

Can't think of anything! Freeconference.com met all of our needs. Only thing we are missing (and we knew this and are okay with it) was the use of a toll-free number.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want to record calls, you'll need the Starter package

I needed to lower the cost of my groups conference calls - the service we were using was costing us over $60/month. And for that price it had a very kludgy website. Freeconference.com has a very easy to use website so finding info regarding our account, billing, recordings, etc is simple.

Buyer
Printing

"Can't beat it for free!`"

What do you like best?

it's free, better video quality than Skype, and better user interface

What do you dislike?

nothing, like I said it's free so you can't complain! It sometimes has the same issues as all video conferencing programs; delayed audio, poor video quality. But that's more likely related to bad internet

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a great quick solution to your video conferencing needs, but you may want to consider a more professional option if you regularly use this type of program.

The benefits of having video conferencing readily available are endless, and I used this when our office video conferencing wasn't working well and now sometimes use it for personal video chatting with family and friends.

Account Manager- Events
Media Production

"Love at first call"

What do you like best?

I love the video conferencing feature and screen sharing. It’s download free and is really easy to use with the some of my more mature clients. I also love that they offer toll-free numbers at an affordable rate.

What do you dislike?

I have not found anything I don’t like about it yet.  It's perfect for my small business and is very affordable. Recommendations to others considering ttheproduct. I would say, sign up and try it for yourself. It took me less than a minute to set up my account. Also, I would recommend signing up for a free one-to-one demo to learn all the extra little things your account can do- it was incredibly helpful.

I communicate with multiple people across North America, this helps me avoid long distance fees and lets me connect easily. Thanks Free Conference!

Consumer Services

"Excellent Service and Quality both - Very Hard to Beat this Conferencing Service"

What do you like best?

So easy to schedule your conference calls, has exceptional quality to the service so no problem hearing your participants and works very well for all the countries where we need to conference with people within those countries.

What do you dislike?

Have found nothing that I did not like and plan to continue using for all our conference calls..

Being able to talk with people freely so we can discuss issues and problems we each face as well as bring forth other discussions that we all need to be on board with. So much easier to talk as a group rather than individually to receive and disseminate information so everyone is on the same page at the same time.

Business Process Improvement Program Manager

"It does the job"

What do you like best?

The fact that our conference calls are free is the best part of the service.

What do you dislike?

I've never been able to use the screenshare portion of the service. Only items in Chrome seem to work, so if it's via an application or a client, it doesn't work for me.

We have daily stand-up calls across several different teams that are located in remote buildings using the service.

"One of the easiest decisions that has helped me continuously. "

What do you like best?

The ease of use and the quality of the service are exactly what I need in a service like this.

What do you dislike?

There really is nothing that comes up as a concern. All positives with no negatives.

A platform to bring multiple people together when needed. I have a regular number and ID that I can use to bring my clients together for regular team calls.

Sales and Marketing
Leisure, Travel & Tourism

"Seamless Experience"

What do you like best?

Easy of use and reliability. The sound quality is super-clear when called in from a computer.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to think of. All features we used performed no hick-ups.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Not much to recommend except that it seems to be worth the money for larger business. Like I mentioned in my review, the quality of broadcast and the easy of use, along with plentiful of features, makes this product one of the best in the class.

Great way to connect with my colleagues in a another city. Screen sharing is a great feature.

"Very good (and FREE) service that works well for us!"

What do you like best?

Being "free" (except for a long-distance phone call under the basic plan which does not bother most people) really helps when dealing with non-profit organizations. I have used the service for several years and am quite pleased.

What do you dislike?

Twice upon connecting all FC prompts were in Spanish but English came back on the third try. NBD but sure seemed strange to everyone listing in the conference room!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I tell people all the time to "Give it a try -- you can't go wrong!"

Keeping key players connected in between face-to-face meetings and avoiding travel time and expenses helps a lot.

"Didn't expect the free service to be this good"

What do you like best?

How easy it is to set up calls, make calls and edit invitations. The service is also thorough enough to send out summaries and reminders before/after every call. The video calls are also clearer than most voips that I use.

What do you dislike?

Have not used the phone (audio) calls yet, so we'll see about that

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Fully recommend to VoIP callers that are not tech savvy, no install is required and totally free. Also, I learned that they give multiple numbers as a precaution if one number doesn't work, the other ones might.

Communication with people very far away, plus it's browser-based so it's less I have to teach to the non-tech-savvy callers calling in

Security Trainer

"My experiance with FreeConference.com"

What do you like best?

I thought the set up was a snap and the call experience flawless, the sound quality clear and the interface easy to navigate. And I'm writing about the absolutely free version I'll probably go for the paid enhanced version when I start using the app more.

What do you dislike?

Meeting agenda is more like a one time sms message. I'd like to be able to schedule a meeting, mail it out to everyone have them reply with possible alternative to everyone on the meeting list. A couple of back and forth messages until we nail the time down.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it, it works and does exactly what it i s supposed to do..

distance between board members of an international association.

Founder
Real Estate

"Excellent experience and a snap to set up."

What do you like best?

Ease of use and minimal time to set up. The quality of the call's were excellent.

What do you dislike?

I've personally only used the service one time but the experience was great. No complaints that I can find.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I needed an immediate call in number and asked my CEO what we were currently using. He recommended FreeConference.com. I was able to set up the call with 5-6 guests within 10 minutes and the system worked great. We will be using it going forward as our new go to conference call solution. I highly recommend the service.

Allowed HOA members to meet to discuss an urgent matter. The calls were clear and easy to manage 5-6 people.

Chief Nurse Executive and Administrator
Hospital & Health Care

"Free Conference Call"

What do you like best?

I am impressed at how easy it is to use. I really appreciate having multiple country call in numbers, I call in over the internet using my laptop and it is so easy.

What do you dislike?

Once i called in from the laptop and I wanted to open another tab to look up something and I accidentally disconnected from the call, I could not figure out how get back on through the laptop. i had to call in through the phone.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go for it, easy to use!

The summary of the call keep a handy log of calls. I am part of a small business start-up and we use this service weekly.

Company Driver / Lab Tech
Pharmaceuticals

"Excellent call quality."

What do you like best?

Ease of use and especially the good call quality.

What do you dislike?

Would be nice if afterwards a list of phone numbers and/or names could be easily retrieved or emailed to the host. With the free version this is something that I've not found easily available.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Nothing to lose. Give it a try!

It's been very helpful for up to 50 people or more to get together and discuss plans for our non-profit organization.

Co-Chair, Disarm/End Wars Committee
International Affairs

"I've been relying on FreeConference for years, 24 hours a day"

What do you like best?

It's free, instantaneous, and user friendly. I haven't had any problems with it for some time now.

What do you dislike?

At first the phone number and access code were changed a couple of times, probably while FreeConference was getting its sea legs. A few times I've been told that people had a hard time getting on, but eventually did. I haven't had that kind of problem for several years.

I'm chair of the Disarm/End Wars Committee of Women's International League for Peace and Freedom - USA. We have conference calls at least twice a month, plus I use it whenever I need to speak to more than one person at a time.

CP

"FreeConference.com rocks "

What do you like best?

I love the user-friendly features while setting up a call. I also like the quality of the calls, which has improved over the years. If there is a problem with the call, you folks handle it quickly and efficiently.

What do you dislike?

I wish the service had better connection to email clients and certainly can be more bold about advertising you great service to potential customers

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I am please to use FreeConference.com for my conference calling services because it is surprisingly offering a user friendly system and it doesn't cost. I know that a business can't however function on free services, so I recommend trying this service and then expanding to some of their premium offers because they rock!

We have to build consensus among clients and develop action plans. Plans are being completed a rapid rates with the use of FreeConference..com

"Free Conference.com was great! It was so easy to set up and use."

What do you like best?

I liked how easy it was to set up. I also liked the reminders with all of the information for the call including the agenda. It was also easy for participants to dial in. The quality of the reception of the call was excellent!

What do you dislike?

There wasn't anything that was negative about this experience.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use this service. It's easy and provides excellent quality for your needs.

No business problems. It's a way for me to communicate with my partners on a monthly basis.

"Great for Internal Conference Calls"

What do you like best?

This is a great line to use for free conference calls. The calls are usually clear and don't have any interference. They also will send you a summary email with the numbers that joined the call.

What do you dislike?

There aren't many things I dislike about free conference call. They are really a great resource for having a low conference call line. Very occasionally the line will be fuzzy and it will hard to hear. I have dialed into free conference calls for over a year and this has happened a handful of times. The other thing I have encountered one time is the number dial in number changing. The meeting number remains the same but the dial in number is different.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Again I would not suggest this line for when you having clients call into a conference call. This is a great line to use internally.

This is a great way to keep everyone on the same page with meetings and updates. This a great internal tool, I would not recommend this line for business meeting with clients or other important individuals just because when you join it announces that you are on free conference call.com. Not the best image to promote when trying to grow your business.

Managing Partner, Mumbai

"Best alternative to Google Hangout"

What do you like best?

Simplicity of this software and it's integration with our Team communication tool Rvyer was so convenient that It didn't take us a second thought to implement it.

What do you dislike?

So far not encountered anything, but will surely flag if I don't like something. But I hope there would not be any issue with this as it seems to be a pretty straight forward tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is the best alternative to Hangout.

A group discussion when all the team mates are spread around in the field. It's easy for all of us to use FreeConference along with Ryver .

"Easy to use and Reliable every time"

What do you like best?

We all have hectic lives. It is a peace of mind to use a tool that simple which works every time. Love it!

What do you dislike?

So far so good, we just used the conference call feature for now. I want to try the webinar this year and improve our communication with the team and potentially customers.

Coming together at least one time a week to discuss our business and share information from various parts of the country.

Digital Product Manager
Law Practice

"Pretty amazing for the price (of zero)"

What do you like best?

I was able to get up and running without reading any training materials. The screen sharing worked flawlessly. No one had to download a plugin. Dial in people were easy to understand. The user interface on the web was very easy to understand and interact with.

What do you dislike?

One of our users tried using web audio, but we could not hear them. I may not have had things set up correctly, but that wasn't obvious.

Telemeetings.

UR

"Easy. Quick. Efficient. "

What do you like best?

FreeConference.com is a great service offered for free conference. We used to meet by telephone or by the web with our customers. I like that you can chat and instantly share your desktop from your free online meeting room.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that toll-free call-in numbers and audio recording is not free. You have to pay extra to get that service. Sometimes I do need to have a record of the conversation to reference later, but I don't see as much value as to pay for that service. free dial-ins all over the world does not include Albania.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need Free International Conference Calls this is the way to go.

Setting up appointments and times to talk to customers it is key for a real estate business.

Executive Assistant
Public Safety

"Great free conference site"

What do you like best?

This site allows me to connect with my goggle contacts quickly.

What do you dislike?

Nothing it is very easy to use and is free!

It is nice to be able to just click once to open a conference with my goggle contacts

"Excellent service"

What do you like best?

Excellent free service. Have been using for four years.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. Everything is working fine for last four years.

General time to time check in with team members.

Translation and Localization

"FreeConference review"

What do you like best?

The free version does everything I need.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. I works very well for me and my colleagues.

We are starting a new non-profit, and need to talk frequently. Doing it with FreeConference means we can do it from home, after work, and don't have to drive somewhere.