Docparser

Docparser transforms PDF documents into structured data.

Work for Docparser?

Learning about Docparser?

Compare Docparser to Similar Solutions

Docparser Reviews

Ask Docparser a Question
Showing 17 Docparser reviews
Docparser review by Paul B.
Paul B.

"Docparser for Business Process Automation"

What do you like best?

Relatively easy to implement. The software is powerful and able to cope with most documents.

What do you dislike?

Does not implement OAuth 1.0 two factor authentication. We've implemented a fully automated system where customer orders are automatically forwarded to Docparser from our email server. Docparser then parses the pdf and forwards the data in JSON to an outward facing Suitelet in Netsuite. This Suitelet then does a Restful integration using OAuth 1.0 to a Netsuite Restlet. The Suitelet handles the required two factor authentication. The Restlet loads the order to Netsuite.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Look closely at the quality of the documents you intend to parse

The reason we implemented Docparser was to reduce our manual order entry work load and to reduce errors which typically occur during manual entry. We've been able to reduce our sales order manual order entry work load by 50% which helps us cope with our peak order entry periods much better.

We've found that the work practices of our customers impact the the ability of the Docparsers to parse documents successfully. Some of our customers print and scan orders and send us scanned copies so the quality of the documents can vary. We have greater parsing success with customers who send orders generated by their business systems.

Overall we are very happy with Docparser. It was relatively simple to implement, helps us cope better with high order entry periods and times when staff are on leave.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Docparser
Docparser review by peter b.
peter b.

"Adds efficiency while increasing flexibility"

What do you like best?

The parsing is pretty much as flexible as you need it to be. So many parsing rules are available to tailor a parse to your exact need and result. dropbox and Google docs integration has been key for my business as well.

What do you dislike?

One feature i would like is to be able to reorder you parsing rules. one process i do is parse multiple docs and then aggregate the info in a second parse, but the aggregation is not as flexible in terms of order of information, so being to move one parsing rule above or below another would be great.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use the great support team and free trial period to develop your process and see the value they bring to your business.

My problem was one of manual data entry. Using Docparser has significantly cut down on the manual entry and automated probably 90% of the work for me.

What OCR solution do you use?

Docparser review by Jarrett R.
Jarrett R.

"Docparser for Pulling Data from Email PDFs to Google Sheets"

What do you like best?

Docparser seems very intuitive to use. Everything that I hoped to do, that I was scared I might not be able to do, I was able to figure out. There are so many different ways to use the layout features to pull data and having the information go directly into a Google Sheets file makes me look like a wizard. There are even more integrations that it can be used for, but this is the only one I use.

What do you dislike?

I was having a strange issue, and reached out for help. It took a day or two to get a response and the person never really followed up. The problem went away (I think) but it's not the most impressive support I have received recently.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I don't use it to pull line items (like for inventory) but they have that option.

I don't have to manually enter data from invoices anymore. It's saved me hours and hours of time. I'm also able to get the information in one place using the automation the Docparser provides.

Docparser review by Scott K.
Scott K.

"Efficiency at it's best! So much time and money saved. "

What do you like best?

The ease of use and accuracy of the parsed results is fantastic.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. The customer support team was super helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need to automate it works great with Zapier. The setup is easy and the information output is accurate.

Automating the input of sales leads received by PDF attached to email to extract accurate information from the PDF and ultimately have it end up in my Salesforce.

The ease of setting up a new document is fantastic. The biggest issue I've had in the past with other services is that it is rarely consistent with the accuracy when parsing the information. I use it to pull information from sales leads that come in by email with a PDF attachment that contains the lead information. My process in the past was to have to manually type the info into a spreadsheet or into my Salesforce account directly; which is very time consuming for my clerical staff.

I've automated this process by having the email automatically forwarded to my Zapier account, then they Zap it to Docparser. Docparser then works their magic and sends it back to Zapier that takes the accurate information and uploads it to my Salesforce and starts the lead followup campaign and notifies me that there is a new lead to contact.

I tried other services in the past, but if there was any variation in the information on the PDF (even one extra space) the information was not accurately parsed. I've set Docparser up and have run 100s of leads through it with 100% accuracy and no need to tweak anything. It is worth every penny and has saved me an absurd amount of time and money spent on paying my staff to manually input the information; not to mention, it allows me to get back to the potential client in a matter of a couple minutes from the initial inquiry time.

Thank you Docparser!

PS - The Customer Support department rocks too. They were very helpful!

Docparser review by Rickard U.
Rickard U.

"No recommendation for swedish users"

What do you like best?

+ the pricing policy

+ the price (yea they are different things)

+ the configuration possibilities

What do you dislike?

- the lack of support for different languages in this case swedish and local swedish data.

- the lack of response from the support even though they ask one to email them with questions.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Control if your langue and local business usage is supported, if not, I would not recommend it (at the moment)

(Hoping) of removing Centsoft and implementing a more flexible flow for our invoices and get more data from the invoices. Not just total, vat etc. but more of usage. Also hoping to automatise more of the flow behind.

Docparser review by Marta A.
Marta A.

"Save times and effort when capturing inventory data from orders"

What do you like best?

I like being able to have multiple document templates as each vendor tends to have their own "take" on what is useful to include in an invoice or order and formatting can vary a great deal.

Therefore, my templates are not based on vendor name - they are based on the data found in the invoices. Example file names: "line-qty-units-isbn13-desc-discount-level-ext-dollar" or "line-qty-desc-unit-ext-float"

Vendors aren't always consistent from invoice to invoice. They may be using software that resizes table columns to fit the text, which means you have to adjust your table format slightly each time to ensure the parsing is correct. That's easy to do.

The forums and Q&A resources are usually helpful and I've found them responsive to email.

What do you dislike?

1. The UI for making changes to the template. I hate the popup box routine at the end of making a change. It takes a lot of mouse clicks.

2. I've never gotten the subtemplates to work. (see note above about vendor formats being inconsistent.) Subtemplates "supposedly" to help with minor variations. Maybe this works for other applications as itis a great idea.

3. There are a lot of little tweaks to be made that aren't obvious to improve character recognition. Why not start with the highest level of quality (ie. turn on OCR) at the start? If that makes file size a problem for storage or performance when processing a lot of files at once, walk people through how to "downgrade" to an acceptable level or establish a recommended number of files not to exceed some size limit. For example, during a trial scan there were no extra spaces or funky characters in the document but then I figured out about half of the "6s" had been transformed to "8s" - not terribly helpful. I want to be able to trust the result rather than having to proof hundreds of line items.

4. Given the inconsistencies I have with the input data sources, I don't think I'll be able to automate the parsing tasks - such as grabbing attachments from email automatically. Again, I have a small business, so I'm OK with the workaround.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

take advantage of the trial period!! It really helps.

I use the software to scan pdf invoices & orders for a retail gift store and create inventory lists. This makes it much easier to update my POS system.

Docparser review by Administrator

"The best tool to help you extract your PDF data into a Excel format document"

What do you like best?

Easily and customize the PDF data extract into Excel format. I am able to customize the line, columns etc, which allows me to fully extract my PDF data into Excel format.

What do you dislike?

Web based - Would be better if it was a stand alone program. As if your internet is down you would not be able to login to access the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ease of usage

I had a hard time copying and pasting the data from PDF, as if you would copy and paste it would not copy the correct information onto a word or excel doc. Even if you were to extract the data using Adobe. I previously would have to manually enter our invoices into our accounting software, this was solved when I found out about Docparser and the ability it had to allow me to convert a PDF document and fully extract the data into Excel without any formatting issues.

Docparser review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"I am so glad there is a solution that does what Docparser can do."

What do you like best?

We need to manage thousands of PDF invoices and were typing up the details manually. We found Docparser and it has been a amazing. We created parsing rules that allowed us to take very fragmented data and get it into an orderly format that can be pulled into excel. There are multiple PDF formats and all could be pulled in with Docparser through their flexible tools. We are converting about 3500 invoices per month but expect this to grow significantly in the future. This tool is giving us a simple way to grow our business because it is automating tasks that used to take hours. The best part is our previous process was prone to errors which this eliminates.

In my searching for solutions, I did not find anything else that would do what Docparser does that would be simple, cloud based and affordable.

What do you dislike?

It tool a bit of time to set up the templates but that does not seem out of the ordinary for how varied the PDF's were that we work with.

Allowing us to convert PDF invoices to excel in a standardized format. This has saved countless hours per month and provided for increased accuracy.

Docparser review by Brad E.
Brad E.

"Brilliant, time-saving software"

What do you like best?

Through integration with Zapier, Docparser has saved us a massive amount of labour that was being expended by one of our account managers. We've automated the bulk of the admin related to our largest client.

What do you dislike?

We've found a couple of small bugs, but overall the software is fantastic.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Solid system - give it a try.

Having to open, read and action 10+ documents per day from one of our big clients. Now, Docparser reads the docs for us and sends the info where it needs to be, via Zapier.

Docparser review by Ryan K.
Ryan K.

"Saved time and made money"

What do you like best?

It allows me to automatically pull needed content from pdf contracts that are emailed to me as a sales rep, and let's me input that into my crm

What do you dislike?

It's highly complex and initial setup requires a lot of testing but it works every time now

Automatically extracting email and contact info for each client so I can do my own independent marketing to them all without lifting a finger

Docparser review by Lucas L.
Lucas L.

"Best tool in the market"

What do you like best?

The integration via e-mail and sharable download link, the ocr and the parser rules improves eficiency of processes enourmously

What do you dislike?

Too many important features still to be deplyed

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be patient and go thorugh all option of the setup. There are lots of ways it can improve eficiency in your internal processes

Putting hundreds of bank statements into excel to generate KPIs. DocParser does it in minutes

Docparser review by Administrator in Accounting
Administrator in Accounting

"I am very satisfied with this product, and would highly recommend it"

What do you like best?

I like the flexibility of being to apply rules to standard documents

But also then to bend those rules for the exceptions

Applying parsing rules also helps a lot in organising the data with extraction - and this has saved me countless hours already in the short while using this service

What do you dislike?

Initially it feels a bit confusing, mostly due to unfamiliar terms used. But I quickly got the hang of it.

Reducing manual input into our accounting systems from bank statements

Docparser review by User

"Excellent support makes all the difference"

What do you like best?

It's a tricky thing pulling info from a doc into a spreadsheet. I tried making a purchased tool do this but I got no support on how to make it work. Docparser's support team was excellent. they helped me tweek till I got the results I needed. next job I should be able to setup myself. The tool does what it claims well. But the support really made the difference.

What do you dislike?

UI could have more tips to avoid having to ask support.

extracting address information from returns to edit our mailing list

Docparser review by Administrator

"Excellent, does what needed"

What do you like best?

This is an excellente service, doing exactly what we expect, easy to start with and then develop a complex model if needed always in a simple way

What do you dislike?

Nothing, expect that I have to write 40 characters here !

Recommendations to others considering the product:

this defiantly worth given a try

I was looking for an efficient way to parse document, that can be easily configure for fast start, together with ability to extend to complex analysis which docparser does. retrieval of result and automation is also very easy and straightforward

"Doc Parser Review"

What do you like best?

The ability to flow information from pdf directly into spreadsheets.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing we currently dislike. We have been very happy so far.

Ability to automate the flow of data from multiple sources (including out of date software) into one centralized area.

Docparser review by Administrator

"Perfect for our data entry needs"

What do you like best?

I like that it is extremely easy to use.

What do you dislike?

I wish it was a little more inexpensive.

We use DocParser to do data entry that originally was done by one of our employees. Improving productivity and reducing incidence of error.

Docparser review by User in Design
User in Design

"Easy to set up"

What do you like best?

Doc Parser is quick and easy to set up, had it up and running within 10 minutes, and does exactly what i need it to do.

What do you dislike?

The cost for Doc Parser is a little higher then Id like as I only use it for one task but can see the advantage if you had more then this.

We use this to read pdf documents to feed into another app we use

Learning about Docparser?

* We monitor all Docparser reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare Docparser to Similar Solutions