ChatBeacon Live Chat

ChatBeacon Live Chat is a live chat app for the web.

Work for ChatBeacon Live Chat?

Learning about ChatBeacon?

ChatBeacon Live Chat Reviews

Ask ChatBeacon a Question
Showing 30 ChatBeacon reviews
ChatBeacon review by Kelly  H.
Kelly H.

"So flexible and forward thinking. "

What do you like best?

The ability to customise the chat window on the customer end is great, there are so many options that you can adjust to make sure your customers get the best visual experience when using the chat function. Avoiding confusion for customers trying to contact us is very important and this has been a great help in doing this.

The conversation archiving is also a great feature. The fact that chat beacon hosts and stores all your chat archives makes everything so much easier and as a small company i feel this is more secure than if we had to host them ourselves.

What do you dislike?

While the customisation of the front end of the live chat is great and give you so many options, it is not the same for the back end. The user interface is not able to be customised and this can affect workflow and the way in which you use the program. Some more detailed customisation when using the program would be great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A simple and tailored live chat service without the worry of hosting it all yourself. For a small company this is really ideal and i have no reason to see why it wouldn't work for a larger company too!

We can provide a simple live chat that is unique to us, we can tailor it to suit the exact needs of our customers both visually and in the support it provides. We don't have to worry about storing the information gathered during these chats as Chat Beacon does this for you.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about ChatBeacon Live Chat
ChatBeacon review by John F.
John F.

"Great On-Premises Live Chat"

What do you like best?

The control over the type of chat windows, customizations to colors, sizes, headshots, feedback survey's, and auto-responses (called Bots) that you can program are all amazing tools inside the software. Their hands-on tech support is amazing and they will help you however possible.

What do you dislike?

The admin UI leaves a lot to be desired. While it has the functionality, the layout is poor and needs serious updating to be up to the standards of today's UI's. It needs to be larger and dynamic, rather than everything crammed in one small window that cannot be enlarged. Like I said, it works but is lacking in the modern design and simple ability to increase the window size.

One set-back from previous versions, was the ability for one user to see all other users under a tab named "Operators". This has been removed and now the users can only see users of that department they are signed in under, where another user that is not a member of the same department will not be visible to begin a chat with.

The other feature that is not available yet, is with the SMS chat function, which is great, but when your office is closed...the system has no way of sending an "offline greeting" to the customer, informing them that your office is closed...so they sit there thinking that you've received their message but are not replying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Compare price points with feature packs & user count. I found that using ChatBeacon as the admin takes a week or more to get familiar with, however, between versions, it remains mostly the same making it simpler for admins to deploy updated server software or full migrations to new servers.

The integration with MS SQL and working inside VM's makes ChatBeacon a real ease to create redundant backups and versioning.

ChatBeacon is the solution for our customers to be able to type live chat back and forth with our office. We like options of communications, therefore provide phone support, email support and live chat support, provided by this software - ChatBeacon. It provides us the ability to have an AI that automates much of the typical questions our customers have and reduce overhead of employees handling the chats. It also allows for after-hours chats to be handled by the AI. And you can chose from the 4 AI's they support!

What Live Chat solution do you use?

ChatBeacon review by Austin S.
Austin S.

"Excellent superior chat software. Very friendly to non tech savy individuals. Many features!!"

What do you like best?

I have searched for many weeks for a simple easy to use chat software fore my website. I found out that some companies charge an arm and a leg for such a simple software. ChatBeacon's team was there to find a great price for me with excellent customer care. I am not very tech savy, so I was scared at first but realized with a few minutes of learning it became easy to use. There are so many features on this software that are so useful to my business. It can track where a customer is surfing on your website and super fast live chat (you can see what users are typing before they send the message). There are so many more features on this software that I'm still exploring.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing negative to say about this software. ChatBeacon is always doing their best to find more innovative ways to be able to connect business owners through chat. The company is releasing a SMS feature to where customers can reach out to businesses through text! I'm super excited for this new feature!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please download their trial to see how great of a software it can be for your business. They offer free trials

One of the main benefits I have with this software is I am able to connect and reach out to my customers more efficiently than I was before. The number one goal in our business is to always stay connected with our customers to keep them happy for repeat. I have converted several sales already with this software.

ChatBeacon review by Jack  B.
Jack B.

"Modern Day Live Chat "

What do you like best?

Chat Beacon is so easy to set up, you do not need to have any experience with live chat portals or their inner workings, this makes it great for a small business that want their customers to have a higher level of support. Any problems you do have the support team will be happy to help.

Online support is such an important part of any business and is something that can be used for free by customers all over the world which is why we went with Chat Beacon. A smaller business that has global customer may not be able to provide the best support for non-english speakers but the inbuilt translation feature of ChatBeacon makes sure all our customers get the support they need.

What do you dislike?

There are no options for customization. I think this would help as some people find the user interface confusion and it can take some getting used to. If you were able to customize this more then i think it would improve individuals workflow and maybe increase efficiency.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think small business looking for a simple live chat service that isn't going to cause too much hassle should look into this. It will allow you to connect with customers all around the world so much easier than previously.

We can now provide a global live chat support system and make sure that a certain demographic of customers don't miss out on the support and service they deserve. It has allowed us to set up a brilliant live chat service incredibly easily.

ChatBeacon review by Arturo S.
Arturo S.

"A modern and great chat software!"

What do you like best?

What we were looking for in the company was a system that allowed us to get closer to our customers easily. At first, ChatBeacon is a lambda chat application but behind this first image that we give it hides a whole other universe, the customization of all the whole chat that it is at the level of the colors or the text is already a good point, but what has struck us the most is their professionalism. In addition the application is really easy to use and allows us to connect to users. Integration is easy with the SightMax team, answering each of our questions with respect and precision.

What do you dislike?

For the time being, we do not distinguish between problems when using the application. Also for the customization that could be clearer, adding categories for example instead of a single window containing all the customization.

Recommendations to others considering the product

At this time, we think we fully integrate Chat Beacon into our society. We are still in period of evaluation of this application but it particularly seduced us. In addition to this, the use is affordable for the foreground. If you are hesitant to add Chat Beacon to your company, well, test it.

Thanks to Chat Beacon, we have been able to get closer to our customers and meet their needs on time.

For the moment, we notice a greater satisfaction of the customers and a more regular commitment on their part which really helps us!

ChatBeacon review by Karissa  G.
Karissa G.

"We love using ChatBeacon Live Chat"

What do you like best?

I like that it is simple to chat with visitors. Also, I can see my colleagues chat and they can see mine, which allows us to help each other out.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the information aspect. I wish it would provide more information such as company name of IP address but, I know that is hard to do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are considering ChatBeacon now is a good time. They have added a new features with texting and Facebook. We use it for chatting when people have questions, it is easy to use and supplies all information you will need about the contact.

We help people with support and if they need more help we pass it along to our team and it is quick.

ChatBeacon review by Jack  D.
Jack D.

"Not just a live chat"

What do you like best?

Chat Beacon provides you with an excellent live chat service but there are a few features that means it is more than just this. The team inbox and chat sharing feature really helps communication between the team when dealing with customers and means all correspondence and information about a customer is stored in the one place, making it easy to view the case history. This also helps share responsibility with the wider team and makes sure work is completed by people currently in the office.

There is also an incredibly detailed and helpful knowledge base that has really helped us get the most out of chat beacon. It provides great tutorials and information on getting the most out of it and can clear a lot of things up.

What do you dislike?

As there is a choice between the different chatbots you use, it can be a little bit confusing as to which one to go for and i found that there was a bit of research outside of the chat beacon website to do. If they more accurately explained the differences and benefits to each one this would be much more helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is perfect for a small company that can share out the responsibility of providing support to its customers, chat beacon has halved the time it takes to deal with a customers query.

We able to provide a live chat service that the whole team can contribute to, as we are a small business different members of the team have different expertise and the ability to share the support workload means that queries are dealt with much quicker and customers receive the appropriate response.

ChatBeacon review by Anne  M.
Anne M.

"Effortless and Convenient Software! "

What do you like best?

It's amazing how easy to use it is, it's so simple to get set up and get chatting to customers. It has exceptional quality on video calls which is a great advantage - no one want to be in a chat with a customer if the video/audio keeps dropping out or freezing. If you have agents who spend time outside of the office then they have the option to answer chats on the go, on a phone, so there's no chance of the of customers being accidentally overlooked.

There's also the very useful feature of a 24/7 virtual assistant that can help answer common questions from the chat window, and it's a free feature with the latest version.

What do you dislike?

There are not a lot of options to customise and when their are they aren't very clear, this is one of the only things that could use some improvement. Other than that we had a very pleasant experience with ChatBeacon.

If you're a small business it can also be a little pricey, but if this isn't an issue then it's smooth sailing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Like most software it's always better to make sure it is suitable for you, especially if you're just a startup or small business, the support team will be able to assist with this.

It has made it very easy to connect with customers from all over and the ability to help them with their needs in great time has increased customer satisfaction.

ChatBeacon review by Lauren E.
Lauren E.

"Customer Service"

What do you like best?

I LOVE how chatbeacon also has a live chat on their website as part of their customer service... brilliant!

What do you dislike?

Pricing. I understand the importance of pricing for a business, but I work part-time and am trying to run a business on the side. At this moment, I can't afford a chat line on my website. If it was free I would love that, but obviously I understand why that can't happen.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you dont use chatbeacon, use some sort of chat for your business! And take advantage of the livechat on their own website if you get stuck.

Live chat is a huge part of customer service today. As a customer of any organization, I personally prefer live chat... it seems to be faster and easier than emailing or calling support. I get frustrated being put on hold via the phone, but live chat allows me to continue working on other things. I know thats how many people operate. It solves frustrated customers and their negative reviews because it solves problems quickly.

ChatBeacon review by User in Higher Education

"Chat Beacon Review"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to add it to our website. Makes it very easy for viewers to contact us through our website. The quality of the video calls is amazing too and much better than Skype than we previously used. This makes our customer service overall better than our previous methods to do so.

What do you dislike?

Because it is relatively new, not everyone is accustomed to this interface, so I have to teach all of my assistants or people who have to use it about it. It becomes hard at some point because they are not used to adding HTML code to a website and sometimes have also deleted a part of the HTML code, adding more work for me to do.

I use it as a business analyst at Case Western to analyze and survey the quality of the calls that we receive and help our HR department in improving our overall quality.

ChatBeacon review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Best Automated Service for Personal Websites"

What do you like best?

I use ChatBeacon for my faculty website so that I can redirect my students and potential employers better. Instead of them contacting me for information or getting lost on my website, they simply use ChatBeacon to get automated responses to common questions. During the office hours, my assistant manages ChatBeacon's responses and takes over the conversation if the visitors are not satisfied with the automated responses.

What do you dislike?

I have been using ChatBeacon for about a year and I haven't found any bugs or problems in it. I wish they had a discounted plan for educators or students.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start with their trial period and see if you like it. I would suggest you contact the customer service before hand just to see if your web host would be compatible with this service. Automated Responses are great, but you need to have an actual human helping visitors a lot of times.

I can set up automated responses which provide a Customer Service like experience. I love the trial period. It was very easy to integrate into my website with just a few lines of HTML code.

ChatBeacon review by Brad N.
Brad N.

"Best Chat Software"

What do you like best?

I’ve done a lot of research trying to find the best Chat software for my needs. What sets Chat Beacon apart is how easy it is to set up exactly what we want and more importantly how professional they are are whenever I talk to them. They treat you with great respect and I felt like I was their main customer! To me, this is the best Chat System in the industry. I highly recommend Chat Beacon! You won’t find a better product!

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike! They have tech support for all smartphones and computers!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give Chat Beacon a call! You will want them for your company!! Best product and service in the Indus

The future with Customer Service is going towards Chat. I love how quick they are to respond and seem to always have the answer to all questions!

ChatBeacon review by Administrator in Publishing
Administrator in Publishing

"Too good to be true"

What do you like best?

ChatBeacon gives us the ability to customize almost any visual aspects of the user experience. This is ideal for our company since we serve many clients who have different needs.

What do you dislike?

With the recent upgrade to ChatBeacon, there are some features from the last version that we miss.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for the in house installation have a competent IT dept and someone to manage the chat who is familiar with html, css, and java.

It will make things much easier!

We are now able to connect with more of our over seas customers as well as provide an alternate mode of communication for people who prefer to connect via online.

It is easy to obtain instant feedback from our customers with post chat surveys, and we get a second chance to help our customers who may be having trouble with our sites.

"Amazing Chat Software"

What do you like best?

It's so easy to use, it's almost effortless, it's very easily added to websites so customers can start chatting. The video calls are top quality, which is sometime unheard of when in a browser, this makes it a lot easier to communicate effectively.

What do you dislike?

Customization tools could be clearer and in one single window to allow for more streamlined changes. It can also be a bit pricey if you're only a small business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Always start with a trial, but you will love it. It's also advisable to contact customer service before you make a full purchase to ensure they meet your individual needs.

We're able to connect seamlessly with our customers and we're able to assist them with whatever they need in great time. The customer satisfaction has definitely risen since using ChatBeacon.

ChatBeacon review by User

"No such thing as a language barrier now."

What do you like best?

In built translation. So i represent a global company through digital channels. Being that webchat is a free service available across the globe (unlike telephony) we used to receive so many inbound coms from non English speakers. Its company policy to communicate solely in English, so these coms were macro-ed away. So, after a years hiatus where the webchat contract moved to Manilla, we've begun using ChatBeacon. All i can say is wow. it couldn't be more intuitive. I also personally enjoy the fact i can handle multiple transactions at once, it takes a lot of pressure off my role and has brought a certain freedom.

What do you dislike?

Not much. All i do is utilize the software to do the best job i can. But after meetings with my colleagues and managers, there needs to be more customization and categorization options. But as I say, I can get my job done, so I'm marginally happy.

As stated previously, the language barrier with our customers, has all but disappeared now. We've over come both an obstacle, and a situation that was slightly threatening the ongoing contract we had with the client. In fact we're thriving now, with new lines of business.

"ChatBeacon Review"

What do you like best?

First off, it is so much more prettier and streamline than the previous application (ITYX)we used. Our old application was so dated and looked like it was made in the 90s. ChatBeacon is great as I can easily communicate with my customers and share information. I've had to contact support for an enquiry and they were brilliant, they were able to assist me efficiently and wasn't the robotic support you get from some companies.

What do you dislike?

I think it's great so far, there's nothing I can say I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very efficient and professional application. Easy to navigate and would recommend for any business requiring live chat management. If you ever need support from ChatBeacon then they are awesome. The support team are very helpful and try their best to assist with your enquiries.

Live chat is an important channel for our business and for most businesses in this day and age. Applications such as ChatBeacon is something that you will need to to keep interactive with your customers. After using various other chat applications, this is the best one so far and I hope my company sticks with using ChatBeacon

ChatBeacon review by User in Higher Education

"Great Product!!"

What do you like best?

ChatBeacon allows our student athletes to SMS message our dietetics staff while they are away or traveling with their respective sports teams. They can text any questions about nutrition to one simple phone number, and any member of our dietetics staff can answer the message and chat back and forth from one simple application. It’s great to have all the chat records stored in one place. We can also save notes about the athletes, such as dietary restrictions, that any dietician can reference during the chat session.

What do you dislike?

So far, we have had very positive experiences with ChatBeacon. I can’t say there is anything we dislike.

We use ChatBeacon in a unique way, so you never know what kind of unexpected ways it can be utilized for you. If you think it is only for customers to chat on a website, there are so many other features that you may not even be aware of. During the initial demo, our specialist tailored the session specifically to our needs and showed us how to solve problems we didn’t even know we had.

ChatBeacon review by Administrator

"General Manager"

What do you like best?

We have been using SightMax (the older version of ChatBeacon) on our luxury automotive dealership’s website for years. Our clients love being able to chat with us in real-time, through live chat. We are able to capture leads, answer questions about inventory, financing, repairs, and even schedule maintenance appointments and test drives. We’ve noticed that live chat isn’t commonly used within our industry, so our clients say that feature really sets us apart from others out there.

What do you dislike?

This is not an issue with SightMax per se, but a limitation with live chat in general. With the high volume of chats we receive in a day, it’s sometimes difficult to handle them all in a timely manner. We also receive a lot of after hours chats that we wish we could answer immediately.

HOWEVER, we’re told that with the upgrade to ChatBeacon, we can employ chatbots to act as agents when we are busy with clients on the showroom floor or when our dealership is closed for the day. The ChatBeacon upgrade is something we absolutely plan on doing when time allows. Knowing the customer service at ChatBeacon, we’re certain it will be a smooth transition.

SightMax instantly connects us to clients all over the world. We can cater to the needs of every visitor that comes to our website. Since our clients are looking to make a substantial purchase on a luxury vehicle, the personal touch of live chat makes all the difference to them. We’ve seen a substantial increase in revenue and customer satisfaction because of that

ChatBeacon review by John C.
John C.

"The best Chat for your Website"

What do you like best?

Chat Beacon is very easy to use and the chat bot is awesome. I like the Stats it gives on the visitors.

What do you dislike?

Price is a little high but it is worth it. There could be more Customization, other than that I like everything ChatBeacon has to offer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommended

Using the Chat Bot to take care of my Clients by answering questions or providng Services while I'm away.

ChatBeacon review by David T.
David T.

"Easy and Fast Implementation"

What do you like best?

The experience from day 1 was very positive. Drago demo'd the product, set up a test environment, helped in the implementation process, went out of his was to answer many questions we had and also helped to setup an AI integration. Amazing experience from the start!

What do you dislike?

I have nothing negative to say about it.

Chat Beacon integrated with Motion.ai and Hubspot was a sure shot fix for speed to lead. With a busy pre-sales department, the AI triage running on the Chat Beacon platform is getting help to visitors quicker and without the need for human interaction in some cases. We have also had several sales because of this.

ChatBeacon review by Jo H.
Jo H.

"Modern and intuitive chat platform"

What do you like best?

The fact that ChatBeacon has multiple browser support makes it especially useful for the business. It is compatible with Chrome, Internet Explorer, Safari and most other browsers, meaning it doesn't matter what your preference is, you can use it. It's easy to send automated responses, however if a question requires more detail, you can take over to interact.

What do you dislike?

Missing features from the previous version after the update

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get in touch with them, implement ChatBeacon!

The ability to be able to interact with business users overseas instantly, and to get their feedback from their chat instantly is helpful to improve interactions.

ChatBeacon review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Chatting made easy"

What do you like best?

The easiest way for inter-departmental communication and communication with our customers is to provide an easy pop-up on my department's website. Chatbeacon has been a boon because it is so light weight and even after its integration in our website, our website loads pretty fast. ChatBeacon goes beyond simple chatting with features such as video calling and a very professional customer care service.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, there isn't anything to dislike about Chatbeacon. It delivers all that it promises and beyond. I wish it had a special corporate plan though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

ChatBeacon is a great solution to the problem of integrating chatting and customer service right onto the website. It fits right into our website and seemlessly integrates because of how customizable it is.

We support inter-department communication and communication with our customers by integrating ChatBeacon directly onto our company's website.

ChatBeacon review by Kate S.
Kate S.

"Perfect. Couldn't have asked for better software. "

What do you like best?

It's so easy to set up and use, the interface and layout are extremely user friendly and you can use control the software on the go. The support is excellent and can help you with any issues.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found many issues with ChatBeacon yet, the chat bots are great and any glitches can be improved with the updates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They have a free trail with all the features, so I'd recommend exploring that before seeing if it is for you.

It definitely helps our customer relationships and having 24/7 support.

ChatBeacon review by Graham  H.
Graham H.

"User friendly "

What do you like best?

It's the easiest way to interact with customers when there's a simple answer. It requires less man-power and it's easy to use.

What do you dislike?

At times it gets things wrong - but of course it will, it's a bot. Not taking anything away from the service.

Any easy way to cut outgoings, while helping maintain a good level of customer service by providing simple Answers quickly.

ChatBeacon review by Consultant

"Great chat product!"

What do you like best?

Really like that they offer a self-hosted solution.

What do you dislike?

The improvements to the Windows app have been well received, but it'd be great to get a mobile and mac companion apps.

We're providing clients with the ability to connect in real-time to their current and potential clients. We're noticing increased engagement and higher satisfaction.

ChatBeacon review by Emily  H.
Emily H.

"ChatBeacon Review "

What do you like best?

ChatBeacon is a simple and easy way to provide customer service via live chat.

What do you dislike?

Freezes sometimes, but it's rare. Overall a good app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd definitely recommend to others. Easy to use and manage.

Makes providing customer service much simpler. Easy to read and find your way around.

ChatBeacon review by Paul M.
Paul M.

"Exactly what live chat should be."

What do you like best?

I like the autonomous feature included with the software.

What do you dislike?

So far, there is nothing i do not like about this software.

Minimizing our call volume.

ChatBeacon review by User in Consumer Electronics
User in Consumer Electronics

"ChatBeacon"

What do you like best?

I really like the stability and easy use of Chatbeacon. Being able to interact with customers 24/7 is a huge part of our business

What do you dislike?

The user interface could be updated and layout differently

Recommendations to others considering the product

very stable and reliable would recommend

Ease and access to our customer

ChatBeacon review by Consultant

"Best Chat Service"

What do you like best?

Best Chatting Service On The Market! For my company!

What do you dislike?

The layout of the program and the complicated process of updating it

With ChatBeacon, I have solved various communication problems with other buildings

ChatBeacon review by Consultant in Facilities Services
Consultant in Facilities Services

"Helper "

What do you like best?

The quick interaction with our customers, support at any moment,

What do you dislike?

I haven’t find something that I don’t like

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make it prettier

Team work everyone can have easy acces

Learning about ChatBeacon Live Chat?

* We monitor all ChatBeacon Live Chat reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.