Carbonite Cloud Backup

4.0

Carbonite provides a robust Data Protection Platform for businesses, including backup, disaster recovery, high availability and workload migration technology. The Carbonite Data Protection Platform supports any size business, in locations around the world with secure and scalable global cloud infrastructure.

Work for Carbonite Cloud Backup?

Learning about Carbonite Cloud Backup?

Carbonite Cloud Backup Reviews

Showing 15 Carbonite Cloud Backup reviews
Carbonite Cloud Backup review by anderson a.
anderson a.

"one of the best online backup services"

What do you like best?

I like the stability of Internet connections and the reduction of these and the available storage space, which makes an expansion of all kinds of remote services, including backup ones. one of the many available in Carbonite, which stands out above all for offering unlimited space to store all my backup copies.

What do you dislike?

sometimes it takes a long time to load the files, both downloading and uploading each file, this delays a little each operation

Recommendations to others considering the product

it is a good program with excellent reliability in all its aspects, every feature half used house is high quality has a good technical support and offers the best of itself, as a user I have renewed my license for one more year giving positivity to this platform which i recommend.

It offers great flexibility and allows the protection of heterogeneous environments composed of both physical and virtual servers on the Windows and Linux platforms. Likewise, it offers the possibility of replicating these servers also in physical or virtual environments (P2P, P2V, V2V and V2P environments). Windows and Linux virtual machines can be hosted in any virtualization system (Hyper-V, VMware, Citrix, etc.), even in a combination of these.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Carbonite Cloud Backup
Carbonite Cloud Backup review by Gichuru M.
Gichuru M.

"Great for Backing Up Your Computer"

What do you like best?

The most trustworthy computer backup tool in our firm is Carbonite Cloud Backup because its security features are advanced. Carbonite Cloud Backup enhances collaboration and stores each file of our company securely on the cloud. I sincererly love the support team because it is one of the kind. In short, it is very responsive. Carbonite Cloud Backup is amazing.

What do you dislike?

There is amazing and easy to use cloud backup tool like Carbonite Cloud Backup. In my opinion, this tool is just fantastic and flawless.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We have backup up several files on Carbonite Cloud Backup are we are assured that they are secure. We are satisfied by the capabilities of the tool. Therefore, I can tell the prospective customers that Carbonite Cloud Backup is a recommendable and secure tool to use.

Since we started using Carbonite Cloud Backup, we have never worried even a single day about losing our data. Carbonite Cloud Backup has been storing our data securly. Even if we format our computers or we lose them, we are able to retrieve everything an continue with our operations.

What Online Backup solution do you use?

Carbonite Cloud Backup review by Michelle H.
Michelle H.

"A Powerful but Slow Data Backup System"

What do you like best?

I like using Carbonite Cloud Backup because the tool helps us to backup our data on the cloud. Therefore, in case of data loss, we are able to retrieve everything and continue with our operations. Carbonite Cloud Backup is not an expensive tool. It provides a free trial to its clients.

What do you dislike?

Although this tool stores data securely, I hate the way it slows down our computers. It slow speed leads to time wastage. They should work on that to avoid frustrations.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you run an organization, you need to backup your data to avoid losing it when your computers get damaged or due to cyber attacks. In my opinion, this tool is a good option but a slow one. You should take advantage of the free trial provided and learn more about it.

Data backup is the main solution that this tool provides. When data is backed up, we do not live in the fear of losing it because we can retrieve it easily from the tool.

Carbonite Cloud Backup review by Jennifer N.
Jennifer N.

"My Review for Carbonite Cloud Backup"

What do you like best?

Carbonite Cloud Backup is a helpful tool that I like using because of its efficiency and ease of use when backing up my files on the cloud. Furthermore, I like Carbonite Cloud Backup because it provides a free trial period to its clients. This gives clients enough time to make a decision whether or not to choose it. It is helpful to us.

What do you dislike?

Carbonite Cloud Backup makes me happy but the customer care department irritates me because they take too long before addressing our questions. It will be better if they improve.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

My overall experience with Carbonite Cloud Backup has been great. Therefore, to all the potential clients of this software, I can attest that it is a nice selection to consider.

I have backed up all my files and our company's files on this cloud solution because it is secure. I do not have to worry about the security of our documents once saved on Carbonite Cloud Backup because it is efficient and secure.

Carbonite Cloud Backup review by Administrator

"Love it"

What do you like best?

We are a small nonprofit using an external hard drive to share files between 2 computers in the office. One day it crashed and we weren't able to recover the files. Now we use Carbonite which is peace of mind for me and I love that I can now access files from home--using their mobile app (especially for unexpected snow days).

What do you dislike?

Initially it put green arrows on all the files that were backed up. While that was helpful to see what wasn't being backed up, it became too distracting. Thankfully they had an option to turn that off and that's been great. Also, occasionally I get a message that the files didn't backup for some reason but its easily fixed. The app has been more of a challenge though. I feel it could be easier to access our files. They tend to be hidden in the file structure that shows up--but that could just be an issue on our end on how we have our folders set up.

On site files stored locally are now available at any time through the app. I can work at home easier.

Carbonite Cloud Backup review by Jennifer K.
Jennifer K.

"Carbonite Cloud Backup is a Secure Tool for Saving Documents on the Cloud"

What do you like best?

If you are looking for an affordable cloud solution, Carbonite Cloud Backup is the best solution to consider because I like its efficiency and great security features. Carbonite Cloud Backup has never dissapointed us. Wwe have saved hundreds of files on it and we feel comfortable.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing much to dislike about Carbonite Cloud Backup because it is an effordable, easy to use, reliable and secure software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Carbonite Cloud Backup will meet all your requirements because it is a secure and easy to use cloud solution. All businesspersons should consider it because it is affordable and moreso reliable.

All the files saved on Carbonite Cloud Backup are organized. They also remain safe and secure. They can never go missing. This prevents unnecessary loss of data that can cost us a lot to recover.

Carbonite Cloud Backup review by Hunter T.
Hunter T.

"An average back-up software"

What do you like best?

Our company uses this software to back up local machines. It works and seems pretty speedy. I haven't noticed any slow-down overall on my computer as a result.

What do you dislike?

The app can go a bit crazy with the notifications. I wish there was a setting to reduce them. The one that's within the program, and I get about 3 pop-ups a day from it.

We needed a remote back-up to our computers that wasn't tied to our current servers. Carbonite did just that.

Carbonite Cloud Backup review by User

"Carbonite gives peace of mind that our records will not be lost"

What do you like best?

Carbonite allows us to customize what we want to be backed up, but also defaults to backup most files so I have peace of mind that all important files will be safe. We like that it is constantly running and we don't have to check up on the status. If errors do occur, we are always notified.

What do you dislike?

We have not run into anything that has been a problem.

We have many important files that we can't afford to lose, and Carbonite enables us to store them easily. It has also been very helpful that we can access them remotely, and gives us access to them with ease.

Carbonite Cloud Backup review by Nathalie B.
Nathalie B.

"Good but pricey "

What do you like best?

I enjoy that it basically has unlimited storage and i don't have to worry about deleting anything in order to make more room.

What do you dislike?

The price is kind of high for what this app does. If you store to much stuff the videos tend to load slower then usual.

I like that it's a quick way to send photos to other people who are also connected to the account so they can send feedback right away.

Carbonite Cloud Backup review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Great Secondary Backup"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of the backup is phenomenal. You can basically set it and forget it and if something goes wrong, Carbonite will let you know. I use this for my desktop backups as our primary backup is server only.

What do you dislike?

The different tiers of what types of files they will backup. You have to pay more for certain types of files to be backed up, such as Quickbooks files. The extra fee seems unnecessary.

Being able to add a backup to laptops and desktops as our primary backup only backs up the server. Carbonite is great for users that travel a lot and that don't come to the office often.

Carbonite Cloud Backup review by User

"Carbonite backs up important files smoothly and securely"

What do you like best?

Carbonite works constantly in the background without interferring with your work. Provides peace of mind and is easy to download and access remotely.

What do you dislike?

I have not had any problems with Carbonite.

We use Carbonite on multiple computers without problems. It always notifies us if a backup needs attention, and I can easily access files remotely if needed.

Carbonite Cloud Backup review by Administrator

"Safe backup through Carbonite "

What do you like best?

The Carbonite Software is easy to use and provides secure data. Once you install the software, you have a continuous backup as soon as you create a new file or update an existing one.

What do you dislike?

Once in a while it can slow down your system if other stuff is running on your computer but for the most part it does not cause a problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would definitely give it a try!

Not really solving a business problem. But we use our computers freely knowing we have a safe backup out there.

Carbonite Cloud Backup review by Administrator in Medical Devices
Administrator in Medical Devices

"Carbonite Cloud Backup - Ease of use"

What do you like best?

This is very easy to use and it is easy to add more data to your plan as your data requirements increase or change.

What do you dislike?

There are not a lot of plans and the ones they do have increase in price quite a bit but don't actually add more storage space just more features.

This software takes the place of many hours of backing up drives and folders. It reduces the cost of maintaining redundant servers and the IT overhead of maintaining them.

Carbonite Cloud Backup review by User in Law Practice
User in Law Practice

"Carbonite - Outdated"

What do you like best?

It's automatic and you don't need to initiate backup. It runs in the background of your computer.

What do you dislike?

It dramatically slowed my computer and made using other programs difficult.

Backing up legal documents and other sensitive files. It has been a no stress way for us to do this, although we have since changed to another software.

Carbonite Cloud Backup review by Consultant

"Nice turnkey solution"

What do you like best?

Their solution is very straightforward and simple to use and setup for customers.

What do you dislike?

Their product is available direct so resellers have little wiggle room on price etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Understand what your true needs are (system recovery vs simple file recovery and versioning)

We used to resell them as one of our offerings to clients

Learning about Carbonite Cloud Backup?

* We monitor all Carbonite Cloud Backup reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.