BlueVolt LMS Reviews & Product Details

BlueVolt LMS Overview

What is BlueVolt LMS?

For BlueVolt, eLearning is the new marketing. Our solution combines an award-winning product training LMS platform with a robust sharing network of more than 5,000 manufacturers, distributors, buying groups, and associations. Inside the network, partners promote and share up-to-date product knowledge direct from the source. BlueVolt is more than just an LMS. We are the channel marketing solution that will amplify your business reach and boost your sales. Are you ready to join the network?

BlueVolt LMS Details
Arabic, Bulgarian, Danish, German, Greek, English, Finnish, French, Croatian, Armenian, Italian, Japanese, Georgian, Korean, Latvian, Dutch, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Slovak, Spanish, Albanian, Swedish, Vietnamese, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional)

BlueVolt is an elearning solutions company for channel-oriented organizations.

5 key factors that differentiate BlueVolt:

#1 The Sharing Network—Sell more product and turn everyone in your channel into a brand champion with the BlueVolt Sharing Network.

#2 A Powerful Platform—Access the power of the BlueVolt platform and supercharge your business today.

#3 Unique Relationship Building Skills—We know the big players in your channel, so we know how to build the right relationships for your business.

#4 Event Hosting Capabilities—BlueVolt’s tools let you modernize the experience, adding new layers and ways to interact with all participants before, during, and long after your event.

#5 World-Class Customer Service—It’s all about relationships at BlueVolt, and that starts with making sure our customers experience the best service possible.

BlueVolt
2003
Portland, OR
@BlueVolt

BlueVolt LMS Videos

BlueVolt LMS Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the BlueVolt LMS community
Have you used BlueVolt LMS before?

BlueVolt LMS Reviews

Showing 35 BlueVolt LMS reviews
Already have BlueVolt LMS?
Learning And Development Manager
What do you like best?

I liked the ease of use once the course is uploaded. User friendly , easy to navigate, and looked good across all platforms. Overall it has been a good experience. Our company had been already committed to using another platform but decided to look into Bluevolt due to dealing with one of it's employees on a separate project that our company uses. Bluevolt has been supportive and willing to assist on our requests and questions throughout the process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing that is a strong dislike. Only opportunity would be in the overall understanding of what it would take to get the platform up and running would be a clear understanding of the capabilities, offerings, and verbiage. With this being our first venture into the LMS world, we were unaware of some of the terminology and our interpretation of the terminology was not quite accurate. Bluevolt was able to speak with us and help clear things up for us so we could continue and make progress and achieve our goal. The most challenging aspect was to get the ball rolling due to our inexperience in this venture. Once we got a better understanding of everything it was a much smoother progression to content creation, navigation, and delivery to the end user. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The obvious problem it solves is we are not able to be everywhere at once! Our team is across the entire country and so our our retail partners. It also solves the issue not having a web/virtual presence of training. This has benefitted our internal team to provide training along with our retail partners! It is an easy way to communicate and further engage internally and externally to maximize our message. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Lisa Rigdon of BlueVolt LMS

Thanks for leaving a review about BlueVolt! We appreciate all feedback because we want to know what we’re doing well and where we have room to grow. Thanks for pointing out the need for more communication about BlueVolt capabilities and terminology. Right now we're making an Introduction to BlueVolt course that we will be recommending to all our new customers. This will help clarify terms and elaborate on how our capabilities can provide better value to customers. Thank you again for your thoughtful advice.

Training Systems Manager
What do you like best?

I love working with the staff of BlueVolt they are very professional and always willing to understand my needs as a customer. The platform is very intuitive and easy to use, it has fit very nicely into our environment and allows us to easily show how training, sales and marketing can work hand in hand in today’s environment. I would recommend BlueVolt LMS to anyone looking for a company that can compete with the larger companies but still give you the intimate care you need. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is not very much to dislike.................however, I would like to have a few more customizable items on my wishlist completed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The ability to show how training can be a lead generation tool and an asset to Sales. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Manager of Digital Training
What do you like best?

Milwaukee Tool has cultivated a strong relationship with BlueVolt which has grown our networks and our reach exponentially, especially in the last year when digital training had a heavy focus. They not only listen to your concerns, but they find ways to support you and strategize growth. In short, what we like best is that they are a true partner and not just one in name only. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The greatest opportunity for BlueVolt is automation. As Universities grow, admins need to have the ability to set distribution rules. I understand this is a feature set they are working on but it is sorely needed. They are really investing in their people and training which will show dividends as time progresses and we have been blessed to be partnered with a CSM that has strong technical understanding of the platform. It makes it possible for us to grow. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Reaching customers without having to provide individualization for thousands. Between the University sharing capabilities, Sharing Center, and Link, we are able to not only meet learners where they are (in BlueVolt or outside it) but report metrics back. The ecosystem allows all external training to be managed by one person even with over 100,000 course enrollments across hundreds of companies. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Lisa Rigdon of BlueVolt LMS

Thanks for your BlueVolt review! We love listening to our customers and looking for ways to continuously improve. Your feedback will help shape us as a company as we strive to always provide the best service and experience for our customers. Thanks so much for your continued support!

Marketing and Learning Content Manager
What do you like best?

I like a lot of things about BlueVolt best. How it lets me share my courses outside of our LMS as deployed Scorm is number one though. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Reporting is my least favorite feature, but having used more than 15 LMS's over 10 years I know this isnt exclusive to BlueVolt, its just the nature of the beast. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need to share courseware inside and outside of your organization BlueVolt is for you. They are US based and their support is also US based, this aids in solving issues quickly. They are also receptive and willing to help their customers succeed! I've been stuck dealing with the tiered foreign based support, or worse open source with no support. BlueVolt isn't like other LMS's and you deserve to have a partner like them!! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

My Business is manufacturing, we create and sell products across many channels and retail avenues. All of those have unique needs and BlueVolt allows me to deliver regardless. Specifically if my partner does or doe not have an LMS its not trouble, because learners can take courses inside our LMS or we can deploy it to theirs and still keep control and push updates. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Lisa Rigdon of BlueVolt LMS

Thank you for writing your BlueVolt review! Feedback is the only way we can grow as a company, and your comments will help us see what we’re doing well and where we need to improve. We appreciate you taking the time to send in your comments!

AR
What do you like best?

Our staff is gaining a level of training that we were not able to provide on our own. It gives us a way to provide teaching to the staff AND a way to track and make sure its being done. Bi-annual performance reviews can use this data to help decide wage increases and promotions. This cuts the amount of resources we need to commit to training in half as now the learner doesn't need a trainer hanging over him or her. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Vendor driven content needs more oversight. Many courses have unrealistic completion times like 1-page PDF documents that have to remain open for 10-20 minutes to count as being completed. To your credit, these things get fixed very quickly when brought to the attention of our project manager however maybe having a forced review for content at scheduled intervals by the vendor that created the content might help. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are still new on the platform, we just went live 2 weeks ago with our users. I don't believe our full benefits have been realized yet. As I mentioned in a previous question, however, I can already see how taking the training burden off of us and putting it on the shoulders of the user is probably the main benefit. Where I would lose 2 people to training in the past (the trainer and the trainee) now just the learner needs to step away from daily duties at any given time. Content is created by someone else so I don't have to exhaust resources on that. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Lisa Rigdon of BlueVolt LMS

Thank you for writing your BlueVolt review! Feedback is the only way we can grow as a company. We appreciate your recommendations about a more thorough vendor content review process, and we are working on this to improve our customers' experience with course offerings on the platform. Thanks again for your time and feedback.

AC
What do you like best?

Ease of use - it's easy to upload courses, administer users, categorise courses Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Limited for use outside of US (bluebucks only available in US, so no gamification possible for us), limitation with having multiple languages (categories can't be translated).

Some new features are great, but some features we use are being disabled/removed with an upgrade without letting us know.

Certificates are not in a central store

no easy solution for additional tenants Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This system can do a lot for you if you are based in the USA, but there are limitations if you are outside.

The administration is simple if you don't need to restrict your courses. If you have multiple clients that need to have different levels of access to different courses on your site then this solution is not for you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

we are able to reach out to a much wider audience thanks to having online courses. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Gaven Singh of BlueVolt LMS

Thanks for leaving a review about BlueVolt! We appreciate all feedback, because we want to know what we’re doing well and where we have room to grow. Thanks again for the insights!

Edit: 02/03/2020 - Your feedback has helped us. We will be adding international support to $BlueBucks this year. Thank you again.

Senior Manager, Human Resources & Training
What do you like best?

The Blue Volt professional that helps set up our university was excellent! She was knowledgeable and a great teacher. She made me aware of the pros and cons of each decision in creating our university. I also like that we can change and customize so many aspects of the university. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Hoping more distributors in the HVAC, PVF, plumbing, kitchen, bath and lighting business segment choose Blue Volt to house the university. Course sharing is then very easy! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Online employee training including forklift and driver training. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Lisa Rigdon of BlueVolt LMS

Thank you for writing your BlueVolt review! Feedback is the only way we can grow as a company, and your comments will help us see what we’re doing well and where we need to improve. Thank you again for taking the time to leave us your thoughts!

AW
What do you like best?

Vendors are able to directly load their courses into the system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is a laundry list....each time I send in a request, you get an auto response then usually the next day another response. Often the responses aren't detailed enough so it takes several attempts to get the answer. I don't like the dashboard and the way it is situated. I don't like that I have forklift course that will only run in Firefox due to BV. I don't like how much it I have to do - I think there should be more done on BV's part. It is cumbersome and tacky to deal with. I dread each time I must interact with the program. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Stay away! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

None Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Lisa Rigdon of BlueVolt LMS

Thanks for leaving a review about BlueVolt! We appreciate all feedback, because we want to know what we’re doing well and where we have room to grow. We're sorry you didn't have an ideal experience with our company, but we appreciate you taking the time to let us know.

AE
What do you like best?

Aside from the fact that they are partners with manufacturers in our industry which makes it easier to share in training content to our own LMS, I really like their Customer Service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is some work to be done on the Admin side to make it easier to administer training in general, including making the reporting fit my company's needs and making the user searches a bit more robust in speed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The biggest problem solved is that BlueVolt is a true LMS whereas our previous Training system was not - so tracking completions and progress actually works now. Being able to share in a ton of content from our manufacturers is one of the biggest benefits realized. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Lisa Rigdon of BlueVolt LMS

Thanks for your BlueVolt review! We love listening to our customers and looking for ways to continuously improve. Your feedback will help shape us as a company as we work toward always providing the best service and experience for our customers. Thanks for your keen insights!

What do you like best?

I get exactly what I need for my learners and I have an easy to use dashboard to monitor their performance. Blue Volt is continuing to evolve and the sharing center where I can access content from manufacturers and easily drop into my LMS makes me feel like I am part of an ecosystem where I can connect with partners to help achieve my objectives and grow my business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Wish I had come up with the simplicity and clarity. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Think hard about what you want in a learning platform/LMS. You certainly can pay more and have a more complicated system that takes longer for users and admins to get up to speed but do you need anything else? We got what we wanted at a price that we were very pleased with... Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We needed a reasonably priced, easy to use LMS and we wanted as a separate initiative to connect with more partners in our space. With Blue Volt we get both in one platform! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Digital Marketing Director
What do you like best?

It is a very simple interface and the support is excellent. They really do their best to get your content to the right people and channel partners. As a manufacturer it is important that we use our LMS to get the field folks trained on our products and capabilities and BlueVolt allows us to do this seamlessly. Additionally, they are always there to walk you through the platform should you need help, very easy company to do business with. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the setting up of a course is not as simple as one would like, but with a few times through it, it becomes intuitive. I would caution though that before signing up you should have a good idea of what you want to train people on, as they start charging right away and it can take a little while to get your assets in order before you can begin to do a new course. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you have your training objectives clearly defined and know what audiences you are targeting. It is also helpful to be open with them about the organizations you work with as they have huge reach to the distributor community and can help open doors for you as well. Having a plan will help you get started quickly as they are not the cheapest solution but they have the largest reach of any LMS to the distributor space, nearly every distributor has a BV account which means that BV can inject your content into their learning centers. This is a main reason to go with them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The main issue this solves is getting our training materials in the hands of reps and distributor salespeople to better explain our benefits at the point of sale. They are the de facto kings of content distribution used by nearly all of the largest distributors in our industry (almost any industry that uses distributors uses BV as their LMS solution), which makes them the perfect partner. They have helped us get our information into the learning centers of some of our largest partners without us having to lift a finger or pick up a phone. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Their willingness to go above and beyond to help you implement exactly what you're envisioning on the delivery front. As soon as you go live, your users, brand, and content are immediately part of a thriving ecosystem of content and connections to all the right people and companies in your sales channel.

Out of the box, BlueVolt has everything you need to manage a robust branded university. Their current API support and product roadmap will continue to support whatever customized feature needs that may arise as your learner population grows.

The level of customer support is outstanding. We know that whenever we need help, BlueVolt will take care of us quickly and present every step of the way. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Our experience thus far has been entirely positive. No dislikes to report at this time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Even if you have a current LMS you're using internally - you should be looking at BlueVolt to support your marketing and sales teams learning need. When it comes to learning as marketing, BlueVolt delivers in spades and with great value. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We're using BlueVolt to deliver an Extended Enterprise Sales Training solution for our clients. We've been able to completely redesign how new clients are onboarded and can now do it at scale. We've tripled the rate at which we can get new clients proficient with our products and they now have access to product information 24/7. Sales are up, churn is down. We were even recognized with a top industry award for the program and platform implementation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

As an administrator of one of the Universities, I find that the LMS is pretty easy to use and I have a lot of flexibility in using it. I also know that I can get support for the LMS from the BlueVolt team that helps enhance the platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would prefer that the new dashboard not be shared with us until the bugs are worked out because it's hard to use it when things are not always working properly. It's somewhat frustrating to not have a feature work when it was just rolled out... Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take advantage of the customer support team, building a good relationship. It'll take you where you need to go! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We facilitate our members using the LMS so it helps us to offer a great platform for online training. The benefits is that our membership gets to learn so much and also earn $BB at the same time, further incentivizing them to learn. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Manager, Customer Training
What do you like best?

Blue Volt staff have been very responsive to the needs of the company i work for and are willing to due what it takes to make our system work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some of the screens and dashboards still need updating Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Blue Volt does a great job asking what you are trying to accomplish and they work with you to find a way to ensure success. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am currently working on solving a scheduling problem where i need to schedule Webinars, ILT and eLearning. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Lisa Rigdon of BlueVolt LMS

Thanks for your BlueVolt review! We love listening to our customers and looking for ways to continuously improve. Your feedback about our screens and dashboards will help us grow as we work toward always providing the best service and experience for our customers. Thanks again!

AR
What do you like best?

I love that it has a wide breadth of customization, but only a small number of required fields to set up a course. User and course/category flexibility is awesome. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the reports cant be customized to show the fields/columns I would like to see versus not see. Would also like a mass update to activate or deactivate courses or assigning to categories from a web user interface. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Having our sales team now accountable for the products they are learning, and they can learn on their time and not be forced to a constrained day. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Lisa Rigdon of BlueVolt LMS

Thanks for writing your BlueVolt review! Feedback is the only way we can grow as a company, and your comments will help us see what we’re doing well and where we need to improve. Thanks again for taking the time!

Process consultant
What do you like best?

Blue Volt provides great customer service and support. Andrew is extremely helpful and responsive. BV has many features and options to build a robust LM and Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is a bit complicated to navigate around and it is not as intuitive, but not too bad and again, you get great support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Creating an online training platform for staff where all the information is stored, easily accessible and we have the ability to monitor progress. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Lisa Rigdon of BlueVolt LMS

Thanks for leaving a review about BlueVolt! We appreciate all feedback because we want to know what we’re doing well and where we have room to grow. Our users' experiences matter, and we're working hard to constantly improve site navigation and our processes. Thanks again for your time.

Director, Training and Professional Development
What do you like best?

Customer support is outstanding and my contacts with BV are head and shoulders above any competition Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to report. No downside. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

My 2000+ members have 24/7 access with little to no disruption. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Lisa Rigdon of BlueVolt LMS

Thank you for writing your BlueVolt review! Feedback is the only way we can grow as a company. We'll keep doing our best to continue providing the level of customer service you've come to expect! Thanks again for your time and feedback.

AW
What do you like best?

I like the ability to navigate the system easily, and the Customer Service is usually pretty accessible. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Bluevolt makes changes to the UI and it seems like they don't do any QA testing to make sure things are still functioning properly. My team often brings "broken" functions to their attention. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ask a lot of questions before committing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use the LMS for our internal employees and external customers. Our goal is to make training/eLearning easy to obtain. With Covid, having an online training resource has been immensely popular. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Lisa Rigdon of BlueVolt LMS

Thanks for leaving a review about BlueVolt! We appreciate all feedback, because we want to know what we’re doing well and where we have room to grow. Thank you again for your thoughtful reply!

Safety and Training Specialist
What do you like best?

The support and my account manager is quick to react to any questions or issues I have. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

They are still fairly new so some of the functionalities I am looking for are still in development. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are using the LMS to deploy compliant safety training to our workers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Lisa Rigdon of BlueVolt LMS

Thanks for your BlueVolt review! We love listening to our customers and looking for ways to continuously improve. Your feedback will help shape us as a company as we work toward always providing the best service and experience for our customers. Thanks so much for your time!

UW
What do you like best?

I like that everything is digital and no paper - and the reminders Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I forget to do the training right away BUT the reminders are very helpful Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Getting our entire company their safety training in a timely manner each month - all in one location Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Lisa Rigdon of BlueVolt LMS

Thanks for leaving a review about BlueVolt! We appreciate all feedback because we want to know what we’re doing well and where we have room to grow. Glad the reminders help! Thank you again for the review.

EE
What do you like best?

We can share content directly down to all our retailer and distributors with our BlueVolt University. Lots of features to integrate into our business so its super easy to use for our users and customer. The team over at BlueVolt are here in the US and they are really quick to response from my account manager to the president. Very personalized customer service. Definitely goes above and beyond. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not much to say, they have a good roadmap and hoping to see what happens. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Connecting to my selling partners and getting them to sell more. The Knowledgebumps are great because they ping the user after the course and we have had great click through, Our users are raving about it because we can hit them with the most important point and they tend to remember that. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Corporate field trainer
What do you like best?

The best feature of BlueVolt is the user tracking system, it allows you (manager) to create reports and quickly send out to other users for review. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Several issues when using BlueVolt, users constantly saying they can't access information. Also uploading and creating any new material is very time consuming. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I no longer use Bluevolt. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

our members work for electrical distribution companies. Our university IMARK University, powered by Blue Volt provides them with access to relevant information which is available 24/7. The information is provided in short, effective bursts and helps make our users better at their jobs and most valuable to their customers Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have no significant complaints. The BlueVolt team is very responsive our HQ team as well as to the needs of our users Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The ability to share knowledge on Blue Volt acts as a great complement to face-to-face selling which is expensive to deliver and very difficult to coordinate. The opportunity to offer a platform which contains hundreds of relevant courses is seen as a tremendous value by our member employees. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AE
What do you like best?

The transparency of the Bluevolt connection between our learning management system and our customer's learning management system has enabled our customers to easily access and track the training of their employees. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Right now? Nothing. There is no downside. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Bluevolt allows our customers to track their employees training in a detailed manner that we're not able to provide. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Lisa Rigdon of BlueVolt LMS

Thanks for your BlueVolt review! We love listening to our partners and looking for ways to continuously improve. We're also glad that you and your customers are making the most out of our platform's tracking and monitoring capabilities. Remember, we're always here to answer your questions. Thanks again for the review.

What do you like best?

I value their technical expertise on how to advance our use of the platform, their design services and their overall helpful and proactive approach to helping us improve our business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

They have been responsive to requests for improvements so there's nothing I "dislike" about them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

They are creating needed courses for us and leading the refresh of our UI which will increase engagement. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.