Betts Recruiting

Betts Recruiting

Matching top talent with the world's most innovative companies.

Work for Betts Recruiting?

Learning about Betts?

Betts Recruiting Reviews

Ask Betts a Question
Showing 18 Betts reviews
Wynn M.

"Working with Samantha Rich to land a new content marketing role"

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I worked with Samantha Rich at Betts Recruiting to find a new content marketing role in the tech start up / scale up space in New York.

What do you like best?

I was lucky enough to be Samantha's client my very first time working with a recruiter. Job searching is not something I necessarily look forward to, but from my first phone call with Samantha I could tell that she was going to help me put my best foot forward. Samantha quickly put me in touch with the exact kinds of companies I was interested in working for and she was understanding and compassionate when my job preferences changed and evolved throughout the process. Ultimately, Samantha helped me land my ideal job (in just a month and a half, and over the holidays!). I recommend that anyone looking for a job in digital marketing waste no time in getting in touch with her.

What do you dislike?

Can't think of a single negative in my process of working with Samantha from Betts.

Samantha from Betts ultimately help me land a job that was the perfect next step for my career. The benefits of this have been many, from taking on more fulfilling responsibilities in a global role that also allows me to travel, to working with my first direct report, and of course advancing my overall rate of compensation. The benefits go on and on.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Betts Recruiting
Nicole G.

"Worked with Olivia at Betts!!"

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Olivia is amazing!! When we first connected, none of the roles she was working with were a fit, but I told her what I was looking for and to let me know if/when they became available. I heard from Olivia again within a week, and the process with the company moved very quickly! Olivia was an incredible resource and sage guide throughout the whole process - we talked on the phone probably 10 times and I spoke with her about every possible aspect of the job search and offer acceptance process. She's knowledgable about the recruitment process, obviously, but she is also truly an advocate of each of her candidates. I have actually already connected her with other friends in my network who are looking for a position!

What do you like best?

What do you dislike?

There was nothing that I didn't like about this experience!

I worked with Betts to find a new job that was going to be a great fit for what I was looking for. Within a few weeks of starting the process, I have already started week 2 in my new role!

What Staffing Agencies solution do you use?

Clint C. C.

"The Lauren Cooper Experience"

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

SpotHopper reached out to me via Lauren. She was very helpful during the whole process and always had great insights and advice with a friendly voice. I was hired with Spothopper in about 3 weeks and it was awesome knowing that I had Lauren Cooper there to cheer me on!

What do you like best?

I like that that the company is focused on the best interests for both parties and making sure that both are a perfect fit for one another.

What do you dislike?

No complaints. It was a wonderful experience from start to finish.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Betts handles hiring in the most professional ways possible

Bett's has helped me to find a career that I can finally build on and create a name for myself in the industry.

Zach P.

"Professional, Persistent, Positive People You Can Bett On."

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I have used Betts Recruiting since 2012 and have been successfully placed at two jobs. They're recruiters have a good ear to the street. As a sales professional, if you're looking to work at a start-up, Betts Recruiting has you covered, because they know the hottest start-ups in the marketplace.

What do you like best?

I like their follow through. Whether it was preparing for a meeting or strategizing on post meeting follow-ups, the recruiters at Betts did a solid job of always being on tap and available.

What do you dislike?

The recruiters aggressively want to make placements. At the final stages, the recruiters that worked with me could have been less reactive and more prescriptive.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

If you are looking to be placed at a start-up or mid-size company, Betts will do well for you.

G
G2 User

"Great Experience!"

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Betts helped me source account management opportunities when I started my job search. Upon reaching out to them cold, I was placed with a recruiter who was very professional and very knowledgeable about the companies and roles she had available.

What do you like best?

I was placed with a recruiter in NYC who I found to be incredibly good at her job. She provided me with helpful and accurate information in preparation for interviews and made it easy to communicate with her by being available via text on a daily basis. Betts works with high-quality companies and was able to make numerous introductions on my behalf and effectively ensure that the processes continuously moved forward. Through them, I was able to secure multiple competitive offers and also received well-placed advice as I made my decision.

What do you dislike?

I was very satisfied with my overall experience.

I was looking for a new account management role at a tech startup in NYC.

OI
Other in Internet

"Best Recruiting firm for AEs in SF by far"

I've used Betts on 2 occasions when I was looking for a new AE position

What do you like best?

The Betts team has a longstanding presence as the go-to recruiting agency in SF along with deep relationships with all the major players. Both times that I used Betts, they made the process very easy to find a role that fit with my immediate goals + provide actual personal insight to what was happening at each company I was considering. It's one thing to look at a job posting a read a Glassdoor review....quite another when your recruiter can say "I've met _____ many times and we've placed a few people with them before. I think your personalities would mesh really well." That level of knowledge makes it a lot easier to sift through the various jobs out there + proceed with confidence.

What do you dislike?

Only feedback I'd give is to be a little more discrete when dealing with passive candidates. It's tough to get calls from a recruiter in the middle of the day while at your current job and talk about new jobs you're considering.

OC
Other in Computer Software

"Betts of Breed Tech Recruiters!"

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Betts Recruiting introduced me to some wonderful well established and early-stage companies. I ended up working for one of them for years and loved it! The Betts team will help candidates refine their interview skills to ensure you put your best foot forward during interviews.

What do you like best?

- I ended up working for a company they connected me with for 4 years. It was the best 4 years of my professional career thus far!

- The person I worked with went far out of her way to ensure I found a perfect fit for my personal skill set

- Level of Professionalism and willingness to help

- Global presence and expertise

- Betts has close relationships with many of the top tech companies in the world. They get candidates in front of companies that otherwise might not speak with them

- Visionary CEO

What do you dislike?

I wish Betts Recruiting existed in 2008!

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

I highly recommend Betts Recruiting to any tech sales professionals. Make sure you share your 3-5 year vision so they can try to match you up with a company that could potentially get you there

Max S.

"Effective recruiting for customer facing roles"

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

We have used Betts to help scale recruiting efforts in both our sales (AM & AM) and customer success departments.

What do you like best?

Very personalized service. To kick off our engagement, they brought multiple reps to our office, and ran a very professional meeting to ensure our alignment on expectations for candidates and the types of backgrounds we have seen success with.

They specialize their recruiters into position specific silos, which really helps the recruiters gain expertise as to what sets position specific folks apart from one another.

What do you dislike?

They are not cheap. But in this hiring environment, you get what you pay for.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Bring profiles of ideal candidates to your kickoff.

Greg L.

"Great Recruiting Company!"

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I was looking for a new job. Started with going to Betts to look at my resume and get on the same page with my one to one contact. I was not happy about having to go onsite but soooo happy I took the time to do so.

We ran through my career thus far and made tweaks to what employers would be looking for. Then talked about what I was looking for and the companies they partnered with. Shortly after that meeting I had several phone screens and on sites just as fast with quality companies.

I would use them again and recommend to a friend.

What do you like best?

What do you dislike?

Follow up with the recruiter after each call was mandatory. However, it helped provide quick and efficient feedback so we could adjust and move on to next steps after each interview. Seen now as a (+)!

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

>Helped with prep for interviews. Had a good number of companies to connect with. Also who you get paired with for one to one will help to hold you accountable!

Kylie H.

"Eleni at Betts was AMAZING!"

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

When transitioning from my previous role, I wanted helped from a professional to help guide me in mt next move.

What do you like best?

Eleni is the best! Because of her, I went into every interview, whether it be over the phone or in person, feeling 100% prepared and confident. I ended up receiving multiple offers and was able to pick the best fit for me. I definitely recommend.

What do you dislike?

I honestly do no think there was anything I disliked.

n/a

HC
Hiring/Reporting Manager in Computer Software

"Better as a candidate than a client"

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I was initially recruited by Betts and the experience was great. Then, as a hiring manager, I also worked with them and had a less than favorable experience. They hire very green recruiters that, from my experience, carry themselves with a tad too much arrogance and not enough critical thinking. I got passed around between a few different reps and had to repeatedly describe the specs of the ideal candidate profile. Even still, by the time that I decided to go in a different direction, it was clear that I had sourced significantly more candidates from my own personal network than the Betts team had recruited for me.

What do you like best?

They were very helpful to me as a candidate and helped me get the job that I wanted.

What do you dislike?

I feel that their team was very green for vetting talent. I indicated that I didn't want to pull from the transactional sales roles and that was the only candidates that they were sourcing. Despite their own lack of experience, the people that I worked with acted as though they had the pelts on the wall to question my logic in hiring decisions. I got passed around between representatives, which was a time suck because I had to re explain the job specs. It seems as though they were more interested in hucking wood across and hoping something sticks than finding my next A player.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

The squeaky wheel gets the grease. When I provided data that I was sourcing more candidates from my own network than they were generating from their service they put another resource on my account. Ultimately, it didn't make much difference, but my suggestion would be to stay on top of them if you have seats that urgently need to be filled.

H
Hiring/Reporting Manager

"Best Recruitment Tool"

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Betts Recruiting helped my company beyond measure. They partnered with us and the biggest names across sectors offering a customized approach to each search.

What do you like best?

What i like best about Betts Recruiting is the ease of use. They also came and met with our team face to face to get the ins and outs of what we were looking for. They scheduled and managed the entire process so we could focus on interviewing only the best people for your business.

What do you dislike?

It was somewhat a bother sorting through the entire stack of applicants they suggested but still not a big problem.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Do it!

Reece N.

"Betts is awesome."

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

We've used Betts to help us recruit for multiple positions, and in each instance, they've done an outstanding job providing first-class, professional service.

What do you like best?

Every person I've interacted with at Betts operates with the highest level of professionalism.

What do you dislike?

Nothing much to dislike. Great organization.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

I've already recommended Betts and would do it again.

HI
Hiring/Reporting Manager in Internet

"Helped us build our initial sales team"

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

The best business partner when it comes to sales recruiting in Silicon Valley.

What do you like best?

1. Professionalism: They respond really fast and with accurate data

2. Quality of candidates is really high

What do you dislike?

1. They take some time to understand your business, that means the initial lot may not be the best, but once they understand your business, they will give you the best sales candidates.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Give them time to understand the sales persona you are looking to hire.

H
Hiring/Reporting Manager

"Good recruiting tool"

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Recruiting new agents to do sales and recruiting office employees to help our business

What do you like best?

I like that it’s very easy to use I didn’t get stuck or confused operating this program

What do you dislike?

I think Betts recruiting isn’t very well known yet but I feel the more they put themselves out there the more effective they will be

OI
Other in Internet

"Great service"

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I've worked with Bett's a couple of times now - they helped place me at my current job. They do an awesome job of working to understand my goals, history, and skill set and working to find the best company fit.

I've also referred around 5 people to Betts, all of whom have been successfully placed at great companies. I'll continue to recommend Bett's to anybody who is in the job market for a tech sales job.

What do you like best?

Very personal service. They do a great job of vetting candidates and company fit. They work with a large number of clients and can quickly line up a bunch of interviews with qualified companies/candidates.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any complaints. They do a great job.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

use them.

OC
Other in Computer Software

"Great experience working with Betts "

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

My friend connected me to Betts because she knew I was hoping to get help finding another job and transition to different type of role. I had an introductory meeting where we shared some information and I was matched with a few prospective job options based upon what I was looking for. From there, they were helpful with scheduling interviews and sending me preparatory questions and materials before each interview. Overall, I had a good experience working with them.

What do you like best?

I appreciated the help preparing for each interview.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes receiving new matches was very slow. I'm not sure if that was because my requirements were very specific, or if there were not many openings to fill at the companies they work with.

HI
Hiring/Reporting Manager in Information Technology and Services

"Received sales candidates but had turnover with many."

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Betts assisted us with inside sales executives under our former management team. We've had almost 100% turnover in on our inside sales teams after change of management, and expectation changes for the company overall. Plus we've changed the qualifications for the position so I'm not sure off the top of my head if we have any candidates still with us who came from Betts. I'm pretty sure we have some which in that case adapted well to the change.

What do you like best?

They provided candidates at a time the company was not fully utilizing our internal recruiting resources. We no longer use outside recruiters for these roles.

What do you dislike?

Some of the candidates did not meet the requirements we needed for long term employment.

Learn more about Betts Recruiting

Betts Recruiting Videos

Learning about Betts Recruiting?

* We monitor all Betts Recruiting reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.