Asana for G Suite Reviews & Product Details

What is Asana for G Suite?

Asana is designed to be an easy way for teams to track their work and get results.

Asana for G Suite Profile Details

Asana for G Suite Reviews

1-17 of 17 total Asana for G Suite reviews
Wealth New business specialist
Business Supplies and Equipment

"My basic review for G suite - 80% for it - 20% unsure"

What do you like best?

It is everything you need in one place. from accessing my files and team files from pretty much anywhere to all the project management tools needed to make a project run smoothly and efficiently. There's also a level of confidence with Google because we know our data is safe whilst keeping in touch with colleagues from anywhere and anytime. The Vault feature is also very nice. Superb mobile device management - i personally love this feature. It gives me just the right amount of control i require.

What do you dislike?

Storing files is generally easy and user friendly but sometimes i've noticed that finding them can be difficult. This may not be googles fault per say but more encompassed around we segment our files. Otherwise it works fairly well and fulfills our business needs. 30 GB of storage per a user seems good but could be improved in time even though upgrading to business gives us unlimited storage - perhaps cater for the individuals as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

non at this point - as time progresses and we spend more of our time using g suite, some recommendations should pop-up as per usual. But, so far - so good!

The advanced admin settings and the 24/7 support is a big help and inherently solves some of our business should we need assistance with the specifics. The data migration is also made simple and seems to be secure and fast - Im yet to find any faults with it. Apart from that - the efficiency behind G suite is so flawless that it contributes towards making our business model more efficient as well.

Photographer Intern

"Great in theory, but still room for improvement."

What do you like best?

This is a great add-on for Gmail, and it makes team communication for projects so much more efficient and organized. It allows for the tracking and planning of tasks from within the emails themselves right from your Gmail dashboard.

What do you dislike?

I am unsure if it is just my own experience or if it is a widespread issue, but there have been times where the sidebar is not showing properly, if at all. I believe this may just be due to my recent switch over to the new Gmail layout, and I am sure Asana will fix it accordingly. In addition, it would be so much better if I were able to create new tasks for Asana projects right in emails rather than just tracking them or adding them to my calendar.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you value organized teams for your projects, you will not regret installing this add-on.

While managing and producing film projects, communication and organization are key to success. I have tried several project management tools, and Asana wins by far. Upon installing this Gmail add-on, I have saved so much time by being able to plan and manage tasks for my creative team. My team has also taken a liking to this tool as they are more likely to pay closer attention to emails from me with tasks from Asana, rather than email notifications directly from Asana.

"Práctico y bien integrado"

What do you like best?

Crear tareas y asignarlas desde el correo electrónico en menos de un minuto.

What do you dislike?

Cuando tienes muchos equipos y has tenido muchos proyectos, encontrar el proyecto adecuado en el listado es casi imposible.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Es muy importante a la hora de implementar una solución como esta, alinear muy bien al equipo de trabajo con el fin de que realmente puedan usarlo como una herramienta que fortalezca sus relaciones y el trabajo en equipo. La mentalidad del equipo de trabajo es clave del éxito en el uso de esta herramienta.

Básicamente Asana es una herramienta muy útil para la planeación y seguimiento de actividades. En mi empresa no existen jerarquías, así que es muy útil a la hora de trabajar en equipo, es como pasarse el balón de uno a otro hasta anotar un gol.

Tener esta herramienta desde el correo electrónico de cada uno de los empleados de la compañía brinda una agilidad única a la hora de avanzar en la ejecución de proyectos, en especial cuando entran en juego nuevas variables a través de interacciones por email.

"Seamlessly links through G Suite"

What do you like best?

Google Drive Linking and Calendar instant linking

What do you dislike?

I love this product. I don't have anything negative to say about Asana

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Asana has been the best solution I have found and meets all our task and project management needs.

Asana as a whole is the best solution I have found that easily manages tasks for groups and tasks of any size. The ability to link it with G-suite allows instant calendar integration as well as instant email notification and google drive access of files and folders. It has streamlined our processes and helped to eliminate the majority of a task's email needs.

UD

"Email to Task converter"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the fact that I can take a bunch of emails from bills that need to be paid, to upcoming test and turn everything into a to-do list or task that need to be completed. I have 3 other people working with me on the Online Magazine we created and we all use G-mail. So assigning certain things is a lot easier. This helps us all stay in Sync, no pun intended.

What do you dislike?

Well, sometimes the sidebar shows up, and sometimes it doesn't I guess that is a bug within the application that needs to be worked out?

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a very useful collab. and reminder tool.

I can stay on task with my fellow employees and since we have been using this app. I have really not fell behind in anything. We love it!

UP

"A good start"

What do you like best?

Easy to connect to my base Asana account, doesnt seem to weigh down Gmail

What do you dislike?

The icon displaying next to opened emails takes a lot of screen real estate, since its the only Gmail extension that I use. Its just a big white pillar with one icon. Probably not Asanas fault unfortunately.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Download it if you love extensions or are crazy about Asana like I am. Otherwise just wait a half year or something and I'm sure there will be enough features to make Asana G Suite worthwhile. I would say it's worth it already if you have trouble remembering to get to things people tell you to do via email. In fact I think this will eventually be a great app to use alongside Boomerang to never forget important email stuffs.

I dont forget to do things assigned to me via email requests but not posted to asana, saves me the trouble of tab surfing and copy pasting.

"Asana Project Management"

What do you like best?

Cloud based. Integrated nicely with the Google G-Suite. shared recourses from g-quite among users. Intuitive dashboard and workflow. Easy to create,assign tasks, upload files, view calendar events

What do you dislike?

Could use a timeline chart. Hourly breakdown of employee rates for cost tracking by hour and project.

Summary reports spanning multiple projects would be useful.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great for small project tracking, task assignments in departmental groups. Not robust enough for organizational wide project management.

Manage smaller internal projects amongst staff and mobile workers. Keep everyone assigned to project up to date with progress instead of using emails to communicate tasks/completion updates.

Co-Founder

"Affordable Project Management in the Cloud"

What do you like best?

I like the most the multitude of integrations and that it has a mobile app. Secondly it is quite simple to learn and use.

What do you dislike?

The interface could use some more polish, it can feel clunky at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take it for a test drive and see if it is a good fit for your needs

Organizing tasks, manage projects, collaborate with team members.

"Great Productivity Tool"

What do you like best?

The ability to streamline the creative process in production.

What do you dislike?

It can be a bit buggy at times, sometimes causing my browser to crash.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Asana is a great tool that will be a huge benefit to streamlining your process. There is a bit of a learning curve, but once you get over that, it's great!

Efficiency. Asana allows us to streamline the process and assign the necessary tasks to the appropriate people. It also helps us track the progress of more projects than we could before when we just used emails.

"Makes organizing and keeping on task easy"

What do you like best?

It helps me stay organized and see what my team is working on.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is hard to search or find past projects.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Easy to use, keeps you organized, free or affordable pricing available depending on the number of users.

It helps our team communicate. We are able to know keep up to date on what tasks need to be completed, what should be completed and when as well as attach files and links within the software so we can do everything in one space.

Program Associate, Imagery
Environmental Services

"Helpful idea but still a little confusing"

What do you like best?

I like combining two very helpful applications into one. Makes managing tasks as well as the emails that are relevant into one system.

What do you dislike?

User details are sometimes hard to follow. how do you create a new task in an email? How do you add new followers? Etc.

We are sending fewer emails and focusing on more time to work.

SurveyMonkey survey tools

"excellent tool very useful for any user,"

What do you like best?

I love excellent integration with Google G-Suite, based on the cloud, and shared resources

What do you dislike?

I do not find any disadvantage there is nothing that I do not like.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend it totally.

we have used it to configure tasks and organize them

UE
(Myself Only)

"Potential, Not There Yet"

What do you like best?

I like how it is integrated with Google Gmail, making it accessible when you need it most.

What do you dislike?

Very plain and minimal. Only has like the task and due date. Very similar apps found everywhere, needs something else to make it stand out and work for very small teams too.

It seems helpful for solving communication and collaboration, when you have a lot of people on your team.

"Doesn't Integrate. What's the point?"

What do you like best?

I love Asana, but for G Suite, all it does is direct you to Asana. Where is this integration? It doesn't integrate with G Suite so it's absolutely pointless.

What do you dislike?

The fact that it's not as advertised. Stick with regular Asana.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're expecting it to be integrated, it's not.

Ensuring everyone is on track and can track projects at every step.

"Best tool for task management!"

What do you like best?

This tool has helped our company to organize, manage tasks, and collaborate.

What do you dislike?

I have nothing to dislike about this tool

We have used manual tools to setup tasks such as excel sheets, but this tool pretty much helped is organize and drop tasks in one single repository.

(Myself Only)

"Asana For Gsuite"

What do you like best?

I like that you can assign tasks and keep everything organized.

What do you dislike?

The notifications will keep emailing you even though you have completed the task.

I am completing assigned tasks.

"Great Integration"

What do you like best?

Love how you don't have to open up another webpage to stay up to date.

What do you dislike?

Could be more fluid and have more features.

Project management and tracking

8.9
Ease of Setup
Average: 8.7*
* G Suite Project Management Category
Do you work for Asana for G Suite?

Asana for G Suite Categories on G2