Testing a mobile or web application can be difficult with all the operating systems types and versions, screen resolutions and other factors that vary between devices. Testing in-house for a small company is challenging and Applause comes to solve this problem.
They offer 'in the wild' testing, so your app is being tested on a variety of devices (and locations if needed) which makes the testing process as close as possible to real world usage.
Applause provides a good coverage of OSs and devices for testing, so it saves you from having to buy many devices for testing your app.
some of the main benefits are:
- You control the tests and can connect with Applause testers at any time.
- You are kept up to date regarding the status of the tests.
- It has a very intuitive user interface.
- If you need multilingual test, they provide testers in many locations that can test in their native language.
- Applause integrates with most of the popular bug tracking systems.
- The testers can attach a screenshot or video clip to the bug report.
- They offer good customer support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.