Sauce Labs

Sauce Labs

Sauce's test automation cloud enables QA/QE and developers to easilybperform functional, Javascript unit, and manual tests with Selenium and Appium on web and mobile apps, in 500+ browser/OS combinations. Get videos and screenshots for easy debugging. Secure and CI-ready

Work for Sauce Labs?

Learning about Sauce Labs?

Sauce Labs Reviews

Ask Sauce Labs a Question
Showing 125 Sauce Labs reviews
Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Sauce Labs
Javier C.

"One Platform all Devices"

What do you like best?

I like very much the "test object" solution. It is very helpful to not have physical devices in the office, having the possibility to access to an online site to pick any device at any time. It is really amazing and help our team to be more productive, cheaper and faster.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the network speed is a bit poor... I think it is because we are in Argentina and it is a long distance between us. But it is really a bad point to all the South American customers.

On the other hand, the support team replies are not very faster all the time. It's a good point to improve Saucelabs.

We are solving the problem of automate a large manual regression tests without having physical devices in our office.

We are so proud of choose Saucelabs as a partner in this way. Because it help us very much with our goal at a accesible price.

What Test Automation solution do you use?

Brook B.

"A necessity for left-shifted, continuous testing"

What do you like best?

Of all services explored, Sauce Labs offers the single best solution for integrating deep automated browser testing in a CI/CD pipeline, and integrates best with Jenkins. The Jenkins UI plugin offers a way to easily configure browser settings for tests being executed continuously. The Sauce Connect Proxy is a necessary technology for companies who have firewalled testing environments, as well as localhost testing. Test reports (that also integrate seamlessly with Jenkins jobs) are also detailed and incredibly useful. Browser support is quick to be updated as new versions of browsers are released. The custom capabilities that can be provided to Sauce Labs VMs during automated testing sessions are a valuable option for experimental or niche testing.

What do you dislike?

The Jenkins Sauce OnDemand plugin could have more options available to tap into more of the custom capabilities Sauce Labs actually supports. Current, in order to tap into these capabilities, a programatic solution is required from test code, rather than being able to configure them via the Jenkins plugin UI. For example, things like desktop resolution, browser automation binary versions, remote Selenium version, and browser console logs. These are all things it would be nice to be able to customize straight from the Jenkins plugin UI. In our experience, we've also had some issues with the Sauce Connect Proxy on our Jenkins servers failing to start, which makes the optimal CI/CD pipeline come to a halt. User account management needs an overhauls, allowing for user groups, rather than just a hierarchy structure. Test job queuing is first-come-first-serve, meaning there is no in-built way to queue batches of jobs from, say, different Jenkins servers/accounts.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If your need is architecting a CI/CD pipeline with left-shifted continuous real browser testing, then there is simply no better service available than Sauce Labs to integrate with this desired model. They are a smaller company than their leading competitor, but they are rapidly innovating in the right direction, and lead the charge in continuous automated testing.

Continuous, deep, left-shifted testing executed in a CI/CD pipeline as a quality gate for build promotion into higher environments. Access to browsers, platforms, and devices for manual or automated testing we do not have access to physically. A platform for executing real browser tests that we cannot implement or maintain internally in a cost-effective manner.

Randall K.

"Sauce Labs is Awesome!"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that I don't have to maintain my own test infrastructure to get tests up and running. My time can be spent developing and executing instead of maintaining virtual machines.

What do you dislike?

This is tough because I like pretty much everything about Sauce Labs. If I was forced to pick one thing, I would say I wish it was faster. With that said, it isn't a problem at the current speed. We just always want everything faster. Don't we?

The business problems being solved is we don't have to waste automation, dev, IT or any other groups time maintaining a test environment of test servers and agents/nodes. Sauce Labs handles all that and for a fraction of what it would cost to hire someone in house to do.

Greg M.

"Great company for accomplishing both Mobile and Desktop testing"

What do you like best?

Great selection of both Live and Emulator devices (One of the few that actually provide emulators which greatly reduces costs to companies), Can do Android/iOS/Desktop with hundreds of permutations.

What do you dislike?

No easy way to debug or get locators for Live devices, but that is coming.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want to do serious mobile or Desktop testing with access to every mobile device type, every emulator, every mobile browser, every desktop browser, then SauceLabs is the vendor for you. It is the only vendor that has the complete package and the only vendor that wants YOU to succeed as a company. They have teams that provide support to make your company a success and they do this as an included service, not something you have to pay extra for. Their philosophy is "if you suceed, they succeed!".

We are currently in the process of moving all of our Mobile automation from a different Vendor to SauceLabs.

Cohen S.

"A slick and 'saucy' approach to cloud based testing!"

What do you like best?

Cloud based device testing and automation are a major plus for Sauce Labs. I like having a wide variety devices, operating systems and browsers available for testing on demand, and it's extremely helpful for our automation.

What do you dislike?

The logging at the moment doesn't seem to be all that great, and from time to time I encounter some lag or stuttering issues over the network causing some of our tests to fail or it prevents the user interface from being responsive.

We're aiming to reduce our testing bottleneck with Sauce Labs, and we're seeing some success with it already due to vastly decreased testing times.

seema s.

"Sauce lab is best "

What do you like best?

i like the many things in sauce lab , cross browser testing , cloud testing, testing with simulators and emulators , so can save the cost if real device purchase and many more . one thing i like most is it supports iOS , Android native apps and web too

What do you dislike?

sometime tunneling is so slow and taking much time to start automation test . And it should support real devices as well , if pricing is less , then sauce lab will be the best tool to use

Recommendations to others considering the product:

try it , use it , Sauce lab is Awesome , it will help you to test many things simultaneously on cloud . with different simulators and EMULATORS

with sauce lab , i can run multiple test with multiple browser with different set of simulators and emulators , one good things it is helpful to test iOS, Android and Web too

Alan A.

"Love these guys"

What do you like best?

The service is outstanding. They provide me with the combinations of browsers/platforms that make it easy for me to do my job. And I don't have to spend any of my time maintaining a lab! Lab maintenance is where I found I was spending a lot of time in previous jobs. One less thing to worry about now! I love being able to watch the videos, and to share the screenshots that the system takes for me.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it takes a little longer than a few days to get my support cases to closed. They used to be able to turn around support cases in a few hours, but now it's a little longer. It seems to me (anecdotally) that the time needed to get the tests running is a smidge longer. But I have not done anything besides mention this to support.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Of course!

Cross Browser validation

Mobile App validation

Using Sauce labs just saves me time in the long run.

Un-attributed

"SauceLabs allows us to test on multiple browsers and OS combinations in an easy, streamlined way"

What do you like best?

Saucelabs integrates with our continuous delivery sytem. Allowing us to test on a ton of different OS and browser configurations. Without the SauceLabs solution, we would have to have 20+ machines in order to create the same solution. And what we get with this solution that we don't get with a local solution is error handling, reporting, screen recording, etc.

What do you dislike?

I am not sure that there is anything I can say that I don't like. We have been with saucelabs for a number of years, back in the day there were issues, but as time goes on, and saucelabs releases new features and fixes, they are at a point now that they work very well, and meet all my needs.

We needed to run our automation tests on multiple os's, languages, and browser combinations. We also didn't want to have to buy and manager a bunch of hardware. Saucelabs has allowed us to save money and yet have much larger test coverage.

Un-attributed

"Fine for web and mobile, look elsewhere for Native Apps "

What do you like best?

I looked into saucelabs for a real device cloud solution for automation on native apps, overall I would rate Saucelabs a 6 out of 10 for real devices. They offer a lot of emulators which is fantastic for mobile web testing, not exactly bullet proof solution for Native apps as emulators tend to lie. They offer private and public clouds with their real devices through testobject, parallel execution for automation is also possible on their real devices- ex running iOS and Android automation scripts at the same time on multiple devices and OS. Newest devices are available for immediate use when released, as well as beta OS being an option. Access to secure environments is possible through a tunnel and they integrate with Hockey and Appium.

What do you dislike?

For real devices we had several dislikes for Saucelabs (TestObject)

-They only have devices in the US and EU, can be a con for an app available in several different countries

- Appium logs are not viewable on the same screen as the cycle running

-No access to short key of the real devices (volume button, etc)

-Android devices had outdated google play services our apps didn't even support.

- When you face issues on the real devices their support team always guides you to use their emulators. You get these for free through Android studio and Xcode, why would you pay for them? Offering emulators is not some groundbreaking solution, there are free options, you do not need to pay for them.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If seeking a real device solution for a native app available in several countries, look elsewhere.

We are using them for browser and mobile testing, they did not satisfy all of the business needs for native app testing.

Sayantan D.

"Excellent Product for Parallel Execution Along with Multidevice & Multibrowser Automation"

What do you like best?

Saucelabs brought grid in a much simplified way. A single tool for parallel execution, support of many devices, multiple famous browsers made saucelabs very Automation friendly and also very user friendly. Even though running in grid, browsers are not headless, so each execution is visible and recorded.

Also there is place for manual testing where user can select any device with any software version and test there.

What do you dislike?

Execution is a little slower than executing in Grid directly. Also, if an automation script contains multiple instances to be executed, each creates a seperate session. Also, couldn't execute more than 7-8 parallel execution at a time. If I execute more than 8(may be due to the license we have), all scripts starts to fail.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Excellent product for multi browser and multi device automation

I haven't faced any problems with Saucelabs till date.

The benefits we realized are:

a> Parallel Execution

b> Multibrowser Execution

c> Multidevice Execution

d> Recorded session

Nancy C.

"New to SauceLabs but worth checking out"

What do you like best?

Sauce labs has great support for:

- Integration with your CI/CD pipelines or any sort of automation pipeline you use. Nicely integrates with your automation and is reliable for testing when you're testing a application or new version of your application

- You don't need your own machine or set up a machine for running tests. Just use Sauce Labs

- Support for multiple browsers and they're still adding! (Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari, Firefox, etc.)

What do you dislike?

There are some issues in which the tests stop running and I have to manually restart it. There is not much information on what is causing the issue but it works when i restart it. It would also be nice if the tests are a little faster since the time for the tests to complete is a bit slow. There is a bit of a learning curve on best practices to write your code so if you tackled this without a plan, you have to go back and rewrite some of your test cases. There's definitely a lot to learn!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I'm not too familiar with other vendors but this product is worth trying out!

We are trying to solve some business issues with integrating this with our pipelines and automate testing when code is pushed to the repository. The best thing is that all the testing is done in the cloud so we don't have to maintain any of the machines!

Mackenzie A.

"A great way to run tests"

What do you like best?

Capability to tape screenshots and video of running tests along with commands log. What sealed the offer for me personally, is the commitment to supplying totally free, limitless access to their services for open sourced jobs at a level that's really worth while. The video function is fantastic, we can see exactly what takes place when the automated test case stops working.

What do you dislike?

Main point that i have actually dealt with was the cloud service is bit sluggish. Often when i run a parallel executions it takes substantial long period of time to finish executions. It is bit sluggish and took at some point to carry out action.

We began to utilize sauce for manual recognition of mobile friendly websites. We have actually considering that included automatic screening through Selenium and it has actually conserved us time evaluating brand-new and existing applications.

Un-attributed

"SauceLabs is a nice friend for a SDET"

What do you like best?

I like Sauce because it let me forget about all the maintenance of platforms, browsers and utilities versions, its updates/upgrades and all the point of failures of manage a selenium grid locally.

Also Sauce has a nice UI to manage my account and see all the reports and stats of our automated tests running on Sauce.

It's a nice tool if you've a CI-CD environment pipeline because let you to make a nice cross browsing testing in parallel.

What do you dislike?

I don't like very much that in Latin America the speed of SauceLabs live sessions and SauceConnect performance is not very fast. I think this could be a nice topic to improve the sauce adoption all around the world.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I really recommend Sauce if you have a CI/CD pipeline or if you need to give more tools (live sessions) to your customer experience team. It's very useful to reproduce users bugs to understand whether it's a real bug or it's a user mistake.

We solved the following problems:

* Reproduce users bugs or problems in certain platform, OS version, Browser and version.

* Cross browsing tests.

* Run in a remote browser our e2e tests, in an isolated context not our CI contect.

Sauce helps us to improve our CI build duration and let us forget about selenium grid maintenance.

Kevin H.

"Great testing tool"

What do you like best?

It's easy to test a wide variety of system configurations that would be a pain to maintain myself. Automated and manual testing options are great.

What do you dislike?

We have seen slowness when running automated testing so the time it tasks to run all our test is sometimes and issue. We also have seen timing problems that don't occur when you run the test manually or locally so there is some back and forth to get the sleeps set correctly.

We can test less popular browsers and automate them so we don't spend time manually validating releases

Kamil K.

"Additional value for your development team"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Sauce Labs is the ability to test our products across a variety of configurations of Operating Systems and browsers. This frees us from all the unneeded maintenance work.

What do you dislike?

No major issues here. The only thing I have noticed is the fact that tests are not as fast as on a local machine.

I'm running a full-test suite before every software release to make sure it is always working properly. Sauce Labs tests frees our development team from having it to perform them manually.

Un-attributed

"SauceLabs helps us to reduce the cost of running manual testing"

What do you like best?

It has a variety of platforms and devices that we can choose from. The great thing is that SauceLabs support appium and mobile devices testing. We currently have some web product so testing the responsiveness is a must. And with Saucelabs, we have reduced the number and effort of manual testing by running the test on the cloud.

What do you dislike?

I wish there is a mobile app for that for easier access. For sometimes we want to check the result immediately, we need to access the website on the phone browser. If there was a Saucelabs app like other out there, it would be a lot more convinient.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You can always ask for a trial, and there support is really fast, just send them an email and get it back within an hour.

- Cross-browser testing

- Multi and cross platform testing (windows vs Mac vs Linux)

- Reduce the time of manual testing

- Can run test of different mobile devices at once

Jayson S.

"Sauce is the Boss"

What do you like best?

That they're nimble and allow me to tackle the testing challenges I face. There are a number of real device testing platforms out there including Sauce- I've tried many, many of them. I ended up settling on Sauce due to a number of factors from mindset on device availability, ease of use, communication with my account team, technology, and pricing.

While their device list may not be as big as some other vendors I never have to wait for any devices and I'm able to run on all of their devices, whenever I want. On top of that I don't have to pay separately for BOTH access to a device AND concurrency. The (both) type of billing model really doesn't sit well with me nor does having to schedule a device, sit in a queue for one, or flat out not have your test run. In an environment where development teams practice CI, having to wait in line or even worse: schedule doesn't match up.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes my tests don't complete which makes stability tough, but these things are improving! Sometimes troubleshooting why my tests failed is difficult.

Real Device pool is limited. While they are continuing to add devices and it's still somewhat early days, it's still something I'd love to see expanded.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give them a shot!

My company works with video across the internet and I'm using Sauce to make sure that we're able to continue playing video back across the real devices that Sauce has.

Alexander C.

"Great product"

What do you like best?

It's ability to test on multiple browser and OS combinations is invaluable, and it's CI integration with Jenkins has made it an important part of our ATDD. Without the CI integration, we wouldn't have been able to include this is our development process, so I would argue that is one of the most important inclusions they have added.

What do you dislike?

On rare occasions tests can sometimes fail for no reason, and then work after running again. This isn't a huge problem but can be somewhat annoying. Also, inevitably it takes longer to spin up a vm and run a test on that instead of just testing locally, but this is the tradeoff necessary in order to get the benefits sauce labs has to offer.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely give it a try.

This has helped greatly as our company switches from a waterfall method to an agile method of software development. This is the biggest benefit it has for my organization as this transition has been wrought with problems, but every piece of good software such as Saucelabs that we find to smooth the process of has been a great asset.

C
Un-attributed

"my experience testing with saucelabs"

What do you like best?

I like the ease to run a lot of combinations of OS/browser/version when i'm testing web apps with selenium just calling selenium hub. Testing and automate tests in different browsers and operative systems is a hard and expensive task, because you have to install and the do all maintenance and updating work.

What do you dislike?

When you need to trial the application, the trial accounts are very limited, without all OS and browsers available in the professional plans.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I strongly recommend considering this tool if your need is to test web applications in different browsers, devices and operating systems. The characteristics of this platform solves very complex tasks in the field of testing.

The biggest benefit of using saucelabs is the ease of running tests on any operating system, browser and browser version without worrying about the installation and maintenance work involved. It saves many problems and allows you to focus just on designing tests and executing them.

In addition, there is a wide variety of operating systems, devices, browsers, browser versions available.

AE

"New sauce user"

What do you like best?

Started using Sauce Labs about half a year ago and still learning its many tips and tricks. I like how it can be integrated to CI without much issue and the ability to perform cross browser/multiple platforms testing in the cloud. The customer service also replies in about a day which is good.

What do you dislike?

Although customer service replies in about a day, because of timezone differences the question I have in my morning I will only get the next morning as the replies normally comes in in the middle of the night for me. And there are still performance issues when using Sauce Connect (the tests I'm working on heavily relies on this feature) which sometimes cause tests to time out.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it!

The benefits - everything is in the cloud, we don't need our own physical machines to run tests on. Less doing maintenance, more actual testing!

Un-attributed

"Sauce Labs in quality Engineering at Alaska Airlines"

What do you like best?

Sauce Labs is great for providing varied mobile and web platform & versions to test against - this includes live and automated. This has been useful to our manual testers as well as some of our CI processes. Their support is also pretty good, I may not get the answer I want right away, but they do respond and are willing to work with me.

What do you dislike?

I do dislike the slow speeds of testing due to the setup time, especially on mobile devices. Also without some forethought, tests can be very disorganized and unmanageable

We need to be able to ensure that our products work across a varied set of mobile and web platforms to support our business. We are able to to leverage internal and sauce labs servers with different versions of mobile and web to assist in this endeavor. So far, we're finding issues faster than waiting on manual testers checking browsers and validating against real devices in shop.

"Amazing website"

What do you like best?

One thing that Sauce Labs does very well is continuing to provide education for technological products, so that we stay up to speed and are even able to learn new things that we never knew before. I definitely saw myself applying a lot of the new concepts that I learned, such as automated testing.

I also love the Secret Sauce where we can learn about new product updates for Sauce Labs, as well as learn about upcoming events such as SauceCon. I love being able to stay abreast of a company that I love, as well as be able to learn of more interactive meetings where I can meet tech-minded people, as well as the Sauce company, i.e. Saucecon.

I really love the customer service. Once in the Forum, I had a question, and Alyssa the VP actually gave me a reply, and was very quick to respond as well as very friendly. I've never had a company where the leadership was so responsive and so eager to dive in with customers on issues and questions that they have. This definitely shows that Sauce isn't just about getting profits, and that they truly deeply care about making the customers happy and successful.

Lastly, I love how Sauce University has a stash which encourages friendly competition among team members. It shows who has the most points, which encourages us to continue to actively participate in those trainings and challenges and quizzes. This in turn adds an element of fun to our work.

What do you dislike?

In Sauce University trainings, it would be nice we could receive more in-depth information, as opposed to a short paragraph of information. As a beginner in the technological field, I would definitely find that helpful. Maybe they could do something where you can create a link to show more details, so that more advanced readers don't have to open it, but beginners can actually open up that link to read more.

Also, it would be nice if in the trainings you would include the videos as well because a lot of people are visual learners.

I wish it were easier to search through the Sauce Labs help page. Sometimes it takes quite a few searches to get to the right result. For instance, I'm not sure if I should click on Knowledge Base or Documentation or Support- there's too much to click-through. There should just be a Search All button that would search across the whole Sauce Labs page, so that we can easily find the answer that we need.

Our team especially loves the challenges, because again that fosters friendly competition and encourages us to continue to learn more about the product and the tech, as well as hone previous skills we've learned through Sauce Labs. We definitely hope that more of those classes come out every week, so we can dive deeper into each concept. I think there should be a feedback page where we can submit ideas for the classes that we would like to see.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would say that Sauce Labs is best suited for troubleshooting internal issues that we do have customers. Currently we do use Sauce Labs with JIRA integration which easily allows us to keep track of the tickets that we are sending to a technical team on the half of our clients that utilize our software. It also allows our technical team to use that interface to investigate what's going on in the background for the issues that our clients AK and users are facing.

It's also well suited for educational purposes, because you get to use Sauce University as well as attend any boot camps to continue to broaden your knowledge and become a stronger technological resource in the company.

At this time we are currently using Sauce Labs across the entire organization. Within 1 to 2 months of being hired, we all get an invite to join Sauce Labs from our email and then we're set a couple of reminder emails as well. Our organization is B2B software, and our goal is that no matter what department you're in, you'll be educated on the technology we all ultimately work with. We're all encouraged to take additional training to get ourselves up to speed about different kinds of software and technology, as well as troubleshooting devices and codes. What my team specifically uses is Sauce Labs University, which is where we can build our knowledge of IT and coding that we can apply to our job. The benefit that we get from this is that we can better understand what goes on in the back end, and we can therefore work more efficiently and better address customer-facing questions.

adi a.

"Sauce lab is on top"

What do you like best?

ALL features i like about sauce labs , for example : multiple test run , more language support , CI integration . Most powerful functionality is cross browser testing . Can run automation + manual on chrome . safari etc with iOS and Android native and hybrid apps , as well as on web .

What do you dislike?

Disconnect sometime in between the test run , again need to connect , speed need to increase .

Recommendations to others considering the product:

it is very useful for me , for best quality testing in less time

With sauce lab fast and furious testing possible , including automation and manual .

Shayne V.

"First time user and enjoying all the resources available for learning to advance my work experience"

What do you like best?

The ability to test on multiple browser and OS versions is great for my day to day job. Helpful customer service and plenty of learning resources make implementation much less of a pain. Looking forward to continued learning and will be attending SauceCon '17.

What do you dislike?

Running regression test suites takes longer than running locally but it is to be expected since you are funneling tests through Sauce Cloud. I believe it is a fair trade since it doesn't take so much longer that it has diminishing returns.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great service for getting broad test coverage among multiple browsers and operating systems. If you have difficulties during implementation then there are plenty of resources to assist with troubleshooting as well as help from specialists from Sauce Labs. At least give them a try with a free trial to see if it is a viable solution for your testing.

Our application is quite massive and we were limiting ourselves to only 2 browsers and a handful of browsers versions when running our tests locally. Sauce Labs helped us broaden regression suite and ensure the application was working on other browsers and browser version combinations.

"Helpful "

What do you like best?

Sauce is FAST. Other solutions we tested when vetting potential cloud test platforms couldn't keep up with always available VMs. Our test suite went from a 5+ hour run time on Xamarin to ~18 minutes by leveraging parallel test runners. The best part? No additional configuration! Sauce uses Selenium Grid so we have confidence that our test suites will finish as fast as possible and get feedback to developers quickly.

What do you dislike?

Dislike feels like a strong word, but a few things that I would like to see improved would be the performance. Tests run faster locally than they do on Sauce, but if you run your tests in parallel and can have a number of vm's running at the same time then this usually doesn't create much of a problem. Another thing (and I hear they are very close to having this in place) is I would like to have my automation for mobile devices run on real devices versus only in simulators and emulators. You improve performance and have real devices connected and there won't be any reason at all to ever host your own test environment.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for parallel mobile testing, definitely go for Saucelabs, but make sure to put at least 2 retries in your test configuration, so VM flakiness doesn't contaminate your test results.

So when we run saucelabs tests in parallel with our deployments, the outcome is very helpful for QA, and they can investigate failures manually, or re-run the tests.

prem kumar k.

"Sauce labs is awesome cloud of browsers"

What do you like best?

Sauce labs provide a variety of browsers, OS, emulators, and simulators which can be used to test your application thoroughly. Reporting features and integration parts are really cool

What do you dislike?

Environmental issues and downtimes

Recently sauce connect was down for several hours in a month, this affected our testing needs

1. Continuous testing can be achieved using saucelabs

2. Parallel execution and faster execution compare to another cloud of browsers

"necessary and useful."

What do you like best?

How easy it is to use Sauce's service and incorporate it with existing tests. In addition, they have excellent customer service and I really like how in tune they are with the testing and DevOps industry.

What do you dislike?

The only caveat to mention, is the availability of the next release of iOS on their systems. Their adoption is a bit slow. I understand Sauce is making an effort to enhance their current infrastructure to make updating to the latest iOS release easier in the future.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You should think about your test architecture, and test logging. If you design it right with right concepts - the process of automation testing can be much satisfying.

We capture bugs before they make it to production and once the setup is done, the automation tester gets to focus on what they job title says they ought to focus on: automation testing. Without worrying about infrastructure, we really hit the nail on the head and let our testers shine... and ultimately be more effective as testers.

"Useful and independent"

What do you like best?

Ability to support cross device, cross browser and cross OS testing in a single place where we can run all our tests. We always lacked infrastructure which could support many in a single location. We had to outsource and get it done somewhere for extra effort and cost. Security is always a factor which we liked about it.

What do you dislike?

There is still some integration to go with Github and several other similar tools.. but Sauce is already appearing to be on that track. With all of the innovations they have made over the past year and a half, I am really looking forward to the changes they have planned for the future.

Jonathan M.

"Sauce Labs very easy to use"

What do you like best?

What do you dislike?

Not a whole lot to report as far as dislike. The only issue I ever have is with their manual VMs are really slow for me to use and I wish they were a little nicer, design wise.

The main business challenge I am aiming to address is having a platform and infrastructure to support my existing and new automation tests that cover a very broad range of sites I am responsible for testing. With cloud testing with a service like Sauce Labs, I am able to quickly run my tests in the cloud without taxing my local setup with tests constantly running in the background while I work on other things.

What I have realized is: automation testing is a constant pursuit for quality testing and Sauce Labs definitely helps to facilitate that pursuit every day!

Brian S.

"Reliable cloud testing provider makes cross-device iOS testing much less cumbersome "

What do you like best?

With only a few months of service under our teams belt, it has been nothing but excellent. We joined during the web interface transition and it is a more enjoyable experience. Once tapped into their API our testing suites contain reliable information we can validate across the platform, switching between Sauce results and our own. This obviously makes troubleshooting much less daunting. Their documentation system is much improved. We rely on their services for mobile iOS and web testing across several projects.

What do you dislike?

Recommendations to others considering the product:

With the rebranding and a focus on providing physical device testing, Sauce seems capable of being a top service provider now and into the future.

We run eight virtual iOS simulators with our suite of over 240 feature tests. Parallel runs reduces our total execution runtime to a little over 2 hours. By adding some clever logic into our driver class for Sauce, we can send tests to random device configurations to achieve greater coverage without running the entire suite against every device. Interacting with the API makes this easily possible. We don't need to use Sauce Connect and perform each session configuration within our driver class.

"Saucetastic"

What do you like best?

It's a fresh organization, I like the amount of information you can find on your page, they give you the option to learn how to manage the selenium and apium platforms. They also offer a large number of conferences and each one adapts to specific cases.

What do you dislike?

In spite of how much they try to make it easy to apply the tests to applications, the truth is that it is not a process in my opinion quite complex that deserves a lot of preparation and patience

We use Saucelabs to improve the functioning and visualization of our web application since we had many faults and it was not appreciated in the same way in all the mobile devices of the market, they offered us a solution to this by applying some tests for the app that help that will adapt to any mobile device

Un-attributed

"A great tool for cross-browser testing"

What do you like best?

The availability of many operating systems and browsers allows us to test over a wide spectrum.

What do you dislike?

We had issues testing with Edge. In some cases, we had to start manual tests in Sauce labs to verify a break because automation did not show where breaks occurred.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

SL has a nice integration with Jenkins, which has allowed us to schedule cross-browser test suite runs. SL is easy to set up, use and has a great support community.

Cross-browser and end-to-end testing. It highlighted issues with various browsers, mostly Edge and Safari, and allowed us to make necessary fixes.

Suresh A.

"Sauce has been crucial in our framework to keep continuous testing as the quality gateway"

What do you like best?

Parallelism, Speed, combinations of OS, browsers and devices available.

What do you dislike?

Connection issues few times and no options to skip the tests when failed due to connection errors.

Continuous testing through t out the stages of SDLC and we are able to push code to PROD everyday because of the short test cycles for our regression and smoke.

Un-attributed

"One of the best cloud device providers at a reasonable price!"

What do you like best?

Sauce Labs provides a cloud-based solution that offers a testing environment so we could test any OS and browser combination.

The team has one of the best tech minds, Jason Huggins, a leading contributor to Appium and Selenium Project and therefore we can be assured about the future of the project.

They offer great service at a reasonable price when compared to similar tools like BrowserStack.

Appium has built-in integration with Saucelabs thus making the configuration easier.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing much to complain about with the services offered for the price.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You have chosen the right product if you are looking for integration with real devices on cloud. The team is going in the right direction and you can expect great support from them.

Sauce Labs provides cloud device farm with hundreds of real devices for integration with our platform.

Chris H.

"Easy cross-browser and device testing farm!!"

What do you like best?

Maintaining many environments for test is a bear. These guys make it so easy with their CI integration that you can have tests going in a few hours!

What do you dislike?

SauceConnect could have more options, but I have seen lately that these are improving.

It makes my life much easier. Now that we have an enterprise license, we no longer have to worry about minutes each month!

AC
Un-attributed

"Cross-browser testing is a breeze with Sauce Labs!"

What do you like best?

The variety of browsers available and for each browser, several versions are available. The selection of devices available is really good.

What do you dislike?

"Live testing" can be a bit slow. Automation can take some time to get setup

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go ahead and try it if you have a web application and need to test it on different browsers and devices.

We have significantly cut down the time it takes to perform cross-browser testing. It allows us to test our web application on different browsers as part of a CI/CD pipeline

Owen L.

"Sauce Labs is the best option out of a dozen automation services."

What do you like best?

Lot's of platforms for tests, supports all major frameworks. Works great with Jenkins(their Sauce OnDemand plug-in is pretty awesome). Can be used in many ways and very versatile. Very dedicated UX team that want to improve the customer experience drastically. Customer support turn around time is also very good and their engineers are very knowledgeable.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that at times, their infrastructure code gets updated, without the knowledge of the user. I then, without having updated anything, see breaking issues, or with esthetics of the test results. This in turn causes wasted time trying to figure out what went wrong and where, which always ends up in sending a customer support ticket to Sauce Labs.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You need to account for the performance decrease of funneling your tests through Sauce Cloud. Your framework is probably smart, but not smart enough. In order to create very concrete tests, you need to modularize as much as you can.

We are an e-commerce company. We need to make sure that major customer facing areas of our site are working 24/7. If any of the core parts of our site our down, we lose potential purchases, potential returning customers. With automation, in 15 minutes, we check every single area of the site, without worry that QA or engineering let something slip through the cracks. Automation, with our CI environment are 2 of the most important tools in our arsenal for agile development.

GE

"Replaces VM needs"

What do you like best?

Saucelabs provides the flexibility to log onto any operating system and browser such as IE (and all versions), Firefox, Chrome etc. I like the ability to change between each browser and compare my test results across all of the different browsers available.

What do you dislike?

Often, when a user logs off a certain browser, it becomes very difficult to switch between browsers- this is displayed as a lag, and requires refresh of the Saucelabs console from time to time. Once refreshed, it is easy to navigate to the next browser.

I am able to test across most available browsers most commonly used by the general public. This helps my team and I identify any issues with our product and reduces front end issues users may notice. As a QA Analyst, I utilize this tool has great business benefits as we are able to provide test coverage for all currently supported browsers.

Björn K.

"Free multi-browser tests for open source projects!"

What do you like best?

Sauce Labs offers free testing (with pretty limited resources, of course) for open source projects. They integrate very well with Travis-CI build jobs, and there's adapters for all kinds of JS test runners. So it was an easy choice for my own Juice Shop (https://github.com/bkimminich/juice-shop) project, where I have my unit tests run on various browser-OS-combinations via Karma Runner. On top of that I have a full end-to-end test suite written with Protractor execute on Sauce Labs as well. Check out the following Blog entry for details on my setup: http://sauceio.com/index.php/2015/06/guest-post-proving-that-an-application-is-as-broken-as-intended

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there are stability issues that result in unreliable test results: Tunnels don't come up, timeouts occur, tests fail on first run but pass when started another time. I suppose this is due to the inferior free VMs you get as an open source project, and I might have a bit too many browser-OS-combinations declared for testing.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

As an open source project you can't do anything wrong by trying, because it's free.

Juice Shop is aintentionally insecure Javascript web application designed to be used during security trainings, classes, workshops or awareness demos. It contains over 25 vulnerabilities that an aspiring hacker can exploit in order to fulfill challenges that are tracked on a scoreboard. My end-to-end tests ensure that the overall functionality (e.g., logging in, placing products in the basket, submitting an order, etc.) is working and it performs attacks on the application that should solve all the existing challenges. By running the suite on Sauce Labs I can make sure that Juice Shop works as it should without having to run them locally all the time I push a change to the development-branch. The tests run roughly 2min so it's nice to be able to avoid this kind of "pause" on my laptop and give the job to the Sauce Labs platform instead.

Farman S.

"FEEDBACK FROM NBC OWNED TELEVISION STATIONS"

What do you like best?

Running Testing 24/7

Great Cloud Device Farm

Concurrent tests

What do you dislike?

VM response time is very slow both on browsers and devices. Manual testing takes forever.

We are trying to introduce automation in our team and sauce labs cloud benefited in many ways.

saran p.

"Awesome with automation : Sauce labs"

What do you like best?

Valuable Features The ability to show end-to-end tractability between requirements, tests, defects, and also reporting. • Improvements in my automation and manual testing quality

What do you dislike?

little bit flaky at some points and connection lost is a issue

Recommendations to others considering the product:

good tool to use and very much helpful in delivering quality product

quality of site and apps can deliver by sauce labs help in testing

Cami B.

"Testing in one window with every browser and device."

What do you like best?

With every site there are bugs and failed upgrades. You try to get customer service to help you but usually they could careless since you already signed a contract or the fix isn't worth it. Sauce Labs started out this way, but began to turn into a company that listens to its customers. They even have a site where they ask their users to join and help them to learn to become better called Secret Sauce (i hope I am allowed to talk about that). I think Secret Sauce has turned my confidence complete around in their want to help customers who have issues and ask how they want the site to become better. I have had admins not just customer service reply back to me and that makes me feel heard even if they don't decide to use my idea. At least I know they gave it to the heads of their dept and did look at it.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I don't like about Sauce Labs is I work with sites where you always have to enter passwords and usernames. I wish when adding a link to test that there is an option that says does this site require username/pw? If so give them the info and they will get past the initial login screen. Currently I test 10 sites at a time and have to enter all the information in 10 times.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Sauce Labs is a smaller company that wants to help. Other products such as browserStack is large and you often aren't heard when having a problem. You can always get a phone number to call a human or email a human when you have a problem. Not a ticket number with a week before hearing anything.

I am now able to do all the testing myself as a testing manager and not have to rely on others clearing their work and helping me test because they are the only one in the group that has the browser or device. Often times we had to search for someone that still had the archaic IE9 or even IE8. Thankfully i just have to select that option now and I can test it.

AI
Un-attributed

"A brilliant provider for your managed testing grid"

What do you like best?

The variety of devices and emulators/simulators that come with SauceLabs is definitely inimitable. SauceLabs gives me the confidence in the quality of my app to production.

What do you dislike?

The debugging capabilities could be a bit better. I've experienced better log viewing on other testing providers.

Testing our Desktop browsers, Mobile browsers and native apps, all with the same provider with the same slots has been a challenge. Plus, location based testing has been enabled using sauce's tunnels.

Un-attributed

"Solid product with room to grow"

What do you like best?

The sheer quantity of testing that we are able to perform is astounding. We are able to perform hundreds of test with the click of a button, or at deployment time. The metrics provided are really nice

What do you dislike?

The speed that it takes to spin up mobile emulators/simulators can be painful. I would like to be able to test in a given country .... perhaps even with a static IP.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try and see just how quickly you can get 90% of your tests automated.

Quality Assurance teams are able to spend time testing [difficult to automate] features and not the mundane tests that need to occur per each release.

Un-attributed

"A Quick Review of Sauce Labs"

What do you like best?

couple of Features I like about sauce labs is:

1. Very Easy to use

2. Configuration Based

3. Great Documentations

4. They have one of the finest customer support team, which is available to make the diffrence

5. Capturing Video is a great feature, which gives testing extra easiness.

What do you dislike?

1.The Browser support is not up to date.

2. For all the browsers console logs are not Available. Only Firefox

3. Windows Platform support needs to be looked at

4. Often have some selenium issues, throwing the socket hang up issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I am not aware with the price and negotiations but overall they seem to be one of the good solution providers.

We are currently testing all our browsers and Mobile device testing in sauce labs.

Matt F.

"Mobile and Web Testing Under One Umbrella"

What do you like best?

The pricing model is also nice. Paying for an always available VM is more cost efficient than paying per device hour, especially when you have your end-to-end tests running in a continuous integration environment.

What do you dislike?

My biggest complaint is about how slow the reporting portal is to load. SauceLabs is consistently improving their product and I've seen changes to the dashboard within the last month, but it is slow when trying to load videos and large lists of test runs.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have web and mobile clients that you need to test, SauceLabs is a no-brainer. It's fast, easy to set up, scalable, and uses Appium which is stable because of the Selenium project.

If you are manually triggering test runs, only have mobile clients, need a wide array of devices, or are attached to a different test framework, there are other solutions that may work better for your situation.

We are leveraging end-to-end testing for our iOS, Android, Mobile Web, and Desktop web site. SauceLabs is the only test cloud company that handles every client in the book. Integrating with third-party-services is always difficult, and it was added peace of mind to know they could handle all of our needs without having to get in contact with several different providers.

Since we use these tests in our continuous integration pipeline, high availability and scalability were important features that we were looking for to make sure our testing solution would grow with us as we scale to more apps, more tests, and more teams. Scaling is as simple as purchasing extra VMs and doesn't require any configuration changes, resulting in more efficient work. QA Engineers should be focusing on testing products, not configuring test infrastructure.

Randall K.

"Great experience with automation and their support is top notch!"

What do you like best?

There are a number of things I really like about Sauce, but my top is the ability to be able to create a clean vm for every test. Taking the maintenance of vm's out of my daily work load is great. Another top reason I like Sauce so much is because I can create many different OS/Browser combinations that would be very difficult to do manually. I like having only one browser on an OS instead of installing several different one's on each test agent. This creates a much cleaner test environment. I love having my test results along with videos and screenshots available easily all in one place. And....their support team is great! They have helped me considerably with some difficult issues.

What do you dislike?

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You can look at other cloud options like BrowserStack, but they don't give you the same ease of use and support for the price. You can create test agents in your own network, but they you have to constantly maintain each vm or system and that eats up valuable time. It's much easier and price effective to go with Sauce plus you get great support with them when you run into issues.

Business problem solved....just having a quick ability to create test environments. That's a big one and Sauce solves that. A realized benefit is having the ability to have videos and screenshots saved of tests.