Adobe Dimension

Adobe Dimension CC makes it easy for graphic designers to create high-quality, photorealistic 3D images.It composites 2D and 3D assets to build product shots, scene visualizations, and abstract art.

Work for Adobe Dimension?

Learning about Adobe Dimension?

Adobe Dimension Reviews

Showing 19 Adobe Dimension reviews
Adobe Dimension review by Rafael R.
Rafael R.

"Design, Explore, Make It Real ... Adobe Dimension CC"

What do you like best?

It is a tool that comes to wash the face of Adobe, allowing really new functions in terms of 3D development and rendering, it is not necessary to have deep knowledge of the development in 3D, with the experience obtained from the use of adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator will be enough to start this new journey full of beautiful photos, which convey a sense of almost perfect realism, is the perfect time to mention that they allow us to import local materials which is perfect if we are thinking of developing our own textures and accessories.

What do you dislike?

It is a tool that, although novel, lacks recognition by the adobe community, which makes it difficult to find that variety of materials that will eventually grow for now is subject to the supplements that can be found outside of adobe stock.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is essential to know that this tool is an extension of adobe Photoshop and adobe illustrator, it is a powerful compiler, but it is necessary to build the bases in the previous programs to achieve powerful finishes and creations that use modern illustrated techniques.

Doing layouts in programs like adobe Photoshop was something complicated if you had the right knowledge, thanks to adobe dimension a new era of project presentations has arrived, the only concern that designers should have is the ability to break down the elements, the File import is extremely good, which gives the project a plus.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Adobe Dimension
Adobe Dimension review by Olivier T.
Olivier T.

"Easy intuitive mockup software"

What do you like best?

The interface for Adobe Dimension is so easy to learn and use. 10 minutes and you're ready to go. Very intuitive, easy to use even without experience using 3D software.

The export is quite slow, and the quality is not optimal. Sometimes it's nicer to take a screenshot than exporting.

What do you dislike?

Does not have the ability to create custom shapes, only either preloaded shapes or from the Adobe Stock library. However you can import custom shapes with .obj files created with other 3D software, assuming you have the skills to do so.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good to learn a bit of 3D manipulation and lighting with Photoshop to make the best of Adobe Dimension.

I am a graphic designer working with lots of large signage. Adobe Dimension lets me visualize large complex signs easily without having to learn how to use advanced 3D software. I can mockup designs quickly and export them.

What 3D Design solution do you use?

Adobe Dimension review by Dominique B.
Dominique B.

"Amazing rendering capabilities - even for a novice!"

What do you like best?

As always with Adobe, the clean UX and helpful tutorials make their software the top pick for me. They're industry standard for a reason, after all. I've barely touched this one compared to my lengthy history with Photoshop and Dreamweaver, and this is so simple to use.

What do you dislike?

To excel at this, a time investment is necessary. Also, price as always with Adobe. Trying to achieve the exact render I want is still a bit difficult as a novice -- as said, time investing plus tutorials are a must if you're new to 3d rendering.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Tutorials are a must for the maximum quality results, but a novice can be effective too.

Marketing mock ups will be so much simpler! I can make promotional images of my books and merchandise before I have them in my hands. It'll give potential buyers a great advance look at what the final product will be.

Adobe Dimension review by Zohaib A.
Zohaib A.

"The most realistic way to do mockups on your products and merchandise"

What do you like best?

We do a lot of product design to show our partners abroad and Dimension helps us present them in a more professional way than we've ever been able to before. All our designs now go to dimension which are then placed onto different products and merch we've planned for future releases. This makes them realistic and life like.

Here are our favorite features of Dimension so far:

1. Artificially intelligent product mockups

2. Integration between Illustrator and other adobe products

3. Different templates to start off with

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike, it's been great having been able to do mockups and impress our partners with it, way to go!

A provided us a way to realistically present our products design to our partners and colleagues. Before this we used to do them in illustrator but now we design the actual vectors and then export them to Dimension

Adobe Dimension review by User in Graphic Design
User in Graphic Design

"Adobe Dimension, give it a shot!"

What do you like best?

Intuitive, quick, really straight-forward and makes sense. Adobe will run a quick video and tutorial for you when you first start out, which is fantastic and so helpful especially if you're not entirely sure where to find certain tools, etc. I would recommend doing that for anyone who wants a first view at it before diving in.

What do you dislike?

Exporting is so unbelievably slow, which makes sense for your file size, but it's like horrendous at times. It also doesn't give you the full ability to create your own shapes or more "customizable" shapes, which can be exhausting and frustrating if you need something very specific. I would recommend using two softwares to do comparison, we usually use this as a first draft and when things get more specific we switch over.

Benefits are the ability to test out 3D mock-up and manipulation, it's essentially allowing you to visualize your needs and problem solve. In our department we utilize this primarily for dimension visualization.

Adobe Dimension review by User in Sports
User in Sports

"Great for 3D Mocks"

What do you like best?

Adobe Dimension is great especially for 3D mock ups. It was an easy way to mock and look at what my products would look like in real life with my logos / designs on them. It also has built in textures which is great for viewing different products such as glasses or brick or boxes, etc.

What do you dislike?

Some of the tools are complicated to use. It takes a bit of exploring to really understand how to fully use Dimensions. I had to use tutorials to really understand and remember how to use this program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Adobe Dimension is a great program for 2D or 3D mock ups to see your product in real space. If you are considering using this program, you should definitely at least try it out if you already have Adobe Creative Cloud. It helped me make quick and easy mock ups to show people and hopefully it can be useful to you as well.

I have realized that it is a time saver for creating real looking products with your own logos and designs on them. It is beneficial to see what the product will look like before actually spending money and creating them. It is also great for showing mocks to clients or your boss to show them this is what the product will look like in real space.

Adobe Dimension review by Walter D.
Walter D.

"Quick 3D"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. Very quick to start learning and using. Don't use it much anymore but was one of my main staples when doing 3d Modeling.

What do you dislike?

Subscription payments instead of buying outright. If Adobe were to offer outright payments again for their programs I would use them a lot more than I do already. Especially since I work as a freelance business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a quick and easy 3D modeling program, I would say to at least try the program out and I fell you will like it.

Quick mockups are easy with Dimension.

Adobe Dimension review by Abigail C.
Abigail C.

"adobe dimension makes marketing easy"

What do you like best?

the ease of use and how it lets you visualizel how certain logos and things will look on the actual product. i use it in the florida state athletic office when we are making our promotional materials and it is so very useful!!

What do you dislike?

some controls, much like photoshop, are a little difficult to figure out how to use but once you figure it out its easy. some things are kind of finicky but i have learned to expect that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

very useful product!!

we use adobe dimension in the FSU athletics marketing office when we are making our promotional materials. the main benefit is getting to see what the product will look like before we receive it, so we know what to expect.

Adobe Dimension review by Melchor A.
Melchor A.

"Adobe Dimension Review"

What do you like best?

The quality of output is outstanding and is easy to use.

What do you dislike?

I am currently using a 4th Gen i7 Computer with a 32GB of RAM. However, The Program takes too much resources especially on the Processor. (Takes 100% of all resources so you should take a break while rendering)

Recommendations to others considering the product

This one is worth buying if you want some product renders / samples to be delivered on a small amount of time.

It solves the long delays on product photography samples and 3D renders.

Adobe Dimension review by User in Financial Services

"Great tool for making realistic 3D images "

What do you like best?

The photos that I created always came out beautifully, it is very easy to use. Gave our advertising a little something extra, really pulls the audience in to your photos. Adobe Dimensions will automatically determine the best lighting for your photos and positions the lighting in just the write spot. It also comes with free 3D assets so that you are able to get projects done faster, which makes this program extremely user friendly.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the program would freeze up on me, it could have been my computer though. I will hopefully soon be trying it on my new computer when I get back into the advertising scene.. No other problems, can't wait to start using it again when I get back into the marketing game.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it, it is a great program, I would definitely continue to reach out to support about the problem with it freezing. Besides that, it is a great tool that I would recommend to any graphic designer.

I liked to use this for advertising and marketing projects. Other benefits are that you don't have to understand much about this program before using it. Adobe offers multiple tools to help you get started, this is much better that other graphic design tools that I have used in the past.

Adobe Dimension review by Lamar T.
Lamar T.

"Tough Tough Tough"

What do you like best?

The built in library of images/objects is very useful. Also, it is extremely realistic, you can place your objects/images on things to see what it would like in the "real world". I think that is a GREAT feature.

What do you dislike?

For some reason this program slows my computer down. I literally can only have this open , If I open up anything else (email, web browser or even iTunes) it's like my computer reverts back to dinosaur times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I really don't have any reccomendations.

I honestly just use this to play around and see what I can do and come up with for homepage images on my course website.

Adobe Dimension review by User

"Great program for creating 3D scenes"

What do you like best?

There are other Adobe programs that have 3D functionality, but Dimensions is designed only for that purpose & is easier & more intuitive to use.

What do you dislike?

Since it is such a new program I have viewed some tutorials that I believe were created using a beta version of the program, so certain tools & control panels are not the same as the current version of the program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try! Well done Adobe!

We can create a 3D composition, with control over design & lighting, very easily.

Adobe Dimension review by Sarah D.
Sarah D.

"A fun concept!"

What do you like best?

I think it’s so fun and I love the ability to be able to make your own packaging mockups.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how you can’t upload your own content onto the packages you make. I have several patterns that I have designed that I would like to have uploaded onto a box mock-up!

I am able to create 3 dimensional models of package designs!

Adobe Dimension review by User

"Strong editing capabilities with Photoshop familiarity "

What do you like best?

I like that it has a similar user interface to Photoshop, which made it easier to understand the commands. I also enjoy the functionality in that it is easy to manipulate and edit images. I also like the ability to add text to images.

What do you dislike?

I wonder if I could do many of the same functions in Photoshop or other programs. For the price of a prestige product, I am curious if there are cheaper options out there that will give me the same functionality and benefits.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Think about your alternatives, but this program is very easy to use and easy to train on.

It allows me to easily design logos and create 3D models, which I cannot do in MS Paint or normal Photoshop.

Adobe Dimension review by User in Medical Devices
User in Medical Devices

"Adobe has gone 3D "

What do you like best?

I love that Adobe has finally created a program just for dimensional images! I am really enjoying learning this new program. I like the way it is laid out and easy to maneuver around in.

What do you dislike?

I am new to this program so I haven't found any dislikes yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend learning this program if you are a designer that does mock-ups often.

Once I finish learning this program successfully, it will provide beautiful mockups of our products.

Adobe Dimension review by Tihara E.
Tihara E.

"Great Work"

What do you like best?

Rates some great images using its composting.

What do you dislike?

Can be a bit confusing aND hard to use effective.

Creating great composites that I can't really get elsewhere.

"Great for mockups"

What do you like best?

Great for creating mockups in 3 dimensional spaces

What do you dislike?

I dislike the incorporation of the other programs they don’t work in unison

Creating images

Adobe Dimension review by Administrator

"Dimension"

What do you like best?

Alignment and snap guides, Enhanced Photoshop integration

What do you dislike?

Performance and stability improvements, reworked depth of field and focus controls, better

Now it’s easier to precisely place objects in a scene. Snap 3D models to the ground with the Move tool and choose the exact rotation of objects positioned at an angle

Adobe Dimension review by User

"These are the necessary tools to bring your 2D and 3D assets together with ease."

What do you like best?

I like being in the Adobe family. It all works rather seamlessly.

What do you dislike?

It's can always be more refined to become more intuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Watch the online tutorials

I can use my own material for wrapping the product.

Learning about Adobe Dimension?

* We monitor all Adobe Dimension reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.