99Designs Reviews & Product Details

99Designs Overview

What is 99Designs?

99designs is the world’s largest on-demand design marketplace, connecting a global community of freelance designers with businesses of all sizes to complete their design needs.

99Designs Details
German, English, French, Italian, Japanese, Dutch, Portuguese, Spanish

99designs is a vibrant online community that connects people who need something designed.

99Designs

Showing 29 99Designs reviews
Location
Already have 99Designs?
Website Department Head
Assistant Director of Housing and Residence Life for Marketing and Communications and Technology
Marketing Director
Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

Customer service and communication efforts always exceed expectations. We have been utilizing 99Designs for the past 3 years for all of our banner creatives. Would recommend this platform to anyone and everyone. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes when we have a tight deadline it can be difficult due to the betting feature for freelancers. Overall NetReputation as a company admired the work 99Design does. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

If you are seeking a design to make a quick yet high-quality engaging creative we highly recommend that you check 99Designs out. Zero commitment you can hire as you please. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As a startup company, we sometimes have a limited marketing budget. Being able to connect quickly with a freelancer at a fraction of the price as hiring an employee is an excellent feature for SMBs like us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner/CEO
Computer & Network Security
What do you like best?

Access to a large number of talented designers that would be difficult to reach otherwise.

The results were above my expectations and returned very quickly.

It was relatively easy to filter through low quality results and narrow down the selection to just a few high quality designers that I continued to work with. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I think the chat feature is somewhat broken in terms of UX design. It suggests to be a chat but new responses don't show up, you have to reload the page manually. Notifications are partly for comments in conversations and partly for comments on individual drafts which makes handling error prone. 99Designs should make the messenger a real live-chat feature. E.g. in an overlay box next to the designs, but always just one conversation per designer, not per design draft please.

99Designs should let go with those strict rules that make clients feel like in a prison. People like me want to communicate freely. It's my own risk to have conversations outside 99Designs anyway, so why do they threaten me if I want to? Proxying/censoring all conversations is not the way to go to earn trust from clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Make sure your specifications are complete and well thought through. That saves time and avoids conflicts with the 99Designs staff later. Alterations of the specifications are not welcome and designers get their drafts deleted if they exceed the scope of the specified project (even if designer AND customer welcome them). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Time savings when finding and hiring designers.

Bigger variety of ideas and drafts than when working with just one designer or agency. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Brand Manager
What do you like best?

I like how 99Designs have grown from simple contest site to one if not the biggest marketplace for creative design. I myself have bought great creative work for our campaigns and have made tremendous success working with impeccable talents all over the globe. They have escrow system that will ensure you get the best possible deal without being run-over. You can opt for a blind contest to make sure the entries are unique and it follows your strict brief. You can be very specific with your brief and still get great results. I used 99Designs everytime we have huge projects and market launches. I have several freelancers of my picks ready to be hired, and they are all thanks to 99Designs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The betting process takes some time, but of course everything that is worth it really does take some time. But when you have a tight schedule, better improve their betted freelancers if people are wary of running their own contests. That's just one thing I noticed, but aside from that, nothing much that will hinder a good result from them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Yes, 99deisgns have grown from its humble beginning to one of the largest freelance marketplaces in creative space. Highly recommended especially when you are in doubt about outsourcing your work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

A lot, if I mentioned all, it would take a whole day. It saved our department a load of money hiring an in-house talent that usually is not a good fit for how we wanted it to be. Since we are a department of resul-basis, we like to keep things simple. So we decided to outsource the creative work, and we found 99Designs has a huge marketplace of talents and creatives we can choose from. We can be very specific with our brief and still get it on our target schedule. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The best thing about 99 Designs is the quality of talent on the platform. Other gig-based platforms have a wide range of talent, but 99 Designs trends towards the higher end. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There's not much to dislike. We've always received what we've paid for and have been quite happy with the results. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

If you've tried other gig-based design services and been disappointed, try 99 Designs. We've always been happy with the results. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We don't have regular design needs. 99 Designs gives us access to high quality talent on an as-needed basis at a fair price. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The way you get to choose to explain in a seamless way, what you want your brand to look like to the people who are going to help you create your brand. I liked the way you could speak to your designers in order for them to change what you did and didn't like, so they could improve and upload a better logo. I liked the timing for both the "manager" and the "designer", giving us a time frame to do things and when to do the things we need to. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The fact that the people creating a logo are just recycling something they have used in the past without looking at the title of your project. The fact that the "designers" grab existing well-known logos and use them as their own. example: I had a person try to sell me their idea with the adobe creative suite logo edited. I disliked that the designers had no experience and were not interested in helping my brand but were more interested in the money on the plate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

I would do a little bit more research before getting into this site or get real designers that are committed to making your brand stand out from other brands. These designers are just in for the money and not much for the design of the brand you are seeking or for your company's culture. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

An adjacent company needed a new brand look to better portray their business to their clients. We needed something that could differentiate this company from us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Manager | Online Sales and Marketing
What do you like best?

The way of getting professional designers is more easier now. 99 design is a great platform to communicate with thousands of professional designers and get the expected design perfectly. I used 99 design for many times to get the design for our logo, business card and packaging design.

Creating a contest and managing is very easy and interesting. I can talk with the designers when I need to discuss and need to cooperate my necessity to them. A to Z of getting a design done is more easier in 99 design than other platforms. Always enjoy the cooperation with the designers! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

No exact idea about the refund policy of 99 design. I think the refund policy should more easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Recommended to get done your final design as quick as possible Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We used 99 designed to get our logo and business card done when We ware started our new projects. Got quick response and quick service from 99 design. I got the final design as quick as possible. Like it to stay with 99 design. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

cocinero
What do you like best?

99 design is a platform where contests sell and buy design services.

The basic operation is that the person who needs a logo, a book cover, a product label, a web design ... is registered on the web, fill in your brief where you give the information of what you are looking for, decide how much you want to pay and Create a contest for 7 days. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The first thing I have to say is that I do not like the theme of design contests.

It seems to me that in any profession in which competitions are held, the professional is degraded and their work is not valued with dignity.

An example: recently my sister calls me and tells me that there is a brand that she likes very much that she has opened a contest for designers to send their proposals for the bags of the new season (we are going to have a full-fledged packaging job). The prize: a € 150 voucher to spend on your products. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

1º They will receive many more designs, it is a great variety of styles, that if they hire a professional so they do not have to think about the general concept, they save the art director.

2nd That type of work costs more than € 150

3º You have to spend your prize if or if in your products, the money returns to your hands!

It's a win-win, but for the clear company ...

As I said and I think you can understand, I'm not a fan of this type of contest, but in turn, as I do not like to judge or criticize something without knowing it first hand, I decided to register in 99 design and today I tell you my experience Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

There are different price packages, which means that the more you pay, obviously better designs will be received and there is even a plus package in which only selected designers with a great track record on the platform participate.

During the contest week, the designers who sign up for their contest send proposals and receive feedback from the client so they can make improvements in their designs and be the winners.

Once the stage of proposals has passed, the client has the option to close the contest and decide if he does not like any can leave the contest deserted or choose the designs that pass to a final of 3 days where the designers make changes regarding the feedback they receive and in the end there is a winner. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UA
What do you like best?

I really like that I can start a contest and get a wide variety of options and work 1:1 with designers during the contest to get their designs as close as possible to what we're looking for. I also really like that if I know what I want and I have a designer I've worked with in the past, I can work 1:1 with them and get quick projects across the finish line. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that there isn't the option for me to create a profile that includes company information, what we do, and common documents I attach to my contests and projects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

There are designers from all over the world connecting through 99designs. Sometimes there are language barriers but if you're patient, polite, and clear, you can make great things happen together. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We don't have a large in-house creative team. We're a very small business and we don't always have time to create the assets we need for our marketing efforts. 99designs helps us get our projects done quickly and effectively. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

99designs is platform where you can meet graphic designers and outsource graphic works such as logo designing at an affordable pricing.when we order we get multiple customized design options from which we can choose the one we like and thats a great option. the money back policy is great and you could get your money back if the submitted designs do not meet the criteria that youre looking for, the interface is something to talk about. its actually very beautiful and you could feel it too. the platform is very easy to navigate through and simple too. when designing there are several options available, we can give the requirements such as coulor and such and also there are several price tiers available from which you could choose the one that comes under your budget. also there are options to hire a single person or crowdsource the work according to the budget you have, you can also send the logo for revisions if you like. the customer service is great and always replies fast to your questions and i'm very satisfied with them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

the money back guarantee does not apply on all cases but only to those contents where the prize was not fixed. you should go with higher tiers if you need quality work Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

this is a great platform if youre looing for quality. the pricing isn't cheap too. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

its a platform where you can meet professional graphics designers Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Support Center
Construction
What do you like best?

I like the feel and easy way to access your work. I enjoy the flow. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not very easy to actually get a lot of work without putting a ton of time into it, if you have that sort of time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

I'd recommend maybe some support of newbie designers to help them get their freelancing businesses off the ground Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Currently, I'm not solving any problems with it, except maybe a possible outlet for some side income. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

President, Paperback Expert | Positioning Experts for Business Growth
Publishing
What do you like best?

We use 99Designs for many different projects. I LOVE the multiple designers they give us access to and the creativity. It's also really simple to use and if you ever have a question the staff is right there to help. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Thus far I've found nothing that I dislike. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Design for logos, images, book covers, ebook covers, websites, and more. The service is fast, creative, and reliable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

El punto de encuentro de todos los diseñadores freelance. Puedes encontrar logos, ideas o todo lo que necesites relacionado con el diseño. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Al pertenecer a una web donde todos pueden entrar, hay ciertas dudas, pero su atención al cliente las sabe resolver. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Son un lugar de referencia tanto para diseñadores como ilustradores, además de poner en contacto a cliente y artista. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Creative Director
What do you like best?

There was an easy way to communicate with the designer, the platform was comfortable, and the end product was good. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There were many hours spent organising with the designer, they seemed new to the process and there flow was choppy and felt unorganised.. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Branding and identity was our goal. We realised working with a local designer face to face would be more efficient to understand the broader scope of the work, that way it would be a more organic interaction where we could ask more questions and have a better conversation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Numerous entries, unlimited reiterations, ability to get a number of designers providing their input to pinpoint the exact design. Very helpful when you're unclear on the directions you want to take with your design. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Low overall quality of entries, most designers reutilize the same concepts over and over, a lot of copying, takes too much time to get your points across, since the people have different levels of language as well as different communication styles. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Stay focused, do not allow the number of entries to overwhelm you, try to have a good idea of what you want before starting, otherwise you'll spend tens of hours sifting through dozens of sub-par entries. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Rebranding, Graphic design for pront, and social media use. Fast turnaround, OK quality of work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

You can set a rate that's within budget and willing designers who can meet that budget will create some work that you choose from and pick the one you like the most. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the designers aren't great, but overall a good platform Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

It's awesome and get creative with your requests! The designers will surprise you! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We sometime needs just random graphics or art on short notice and this makes it easy to get what we need fast and inexpensivly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

I loved receiving numerous designs that I was able to accept and reject without going through rounds of edits. It was nice to have a non-objective party output what I wanted the brand to emulate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Being approached by so many developers after the contest. It was somewhat helpful at first, but now I just feel like my name and company are on a spam list we can't get off of. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Be ready to make decisions quickly - know what you want to receive from the service and be committed to the process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Website design by creative, talented people that are looking to visually design what you verbally request. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Co-founder & CEO
What do you like best?

Having multiple options to choose from for your final design is a great aspect of this service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Frankly, I have had no issues with 99Designs. Fingers crossed it stays that way! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I used them to create a logo that was professional looking and cheap enough to be a good deal for a startup. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It is cheap and easy to use. You get a lot of options. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Quantity just can't make up for quality when you need design service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Hire a real design and branding firm Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I've been trying to create good brand design elements like logos, typography, collateral and brand standards. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CD
What do you like best?

N/A - the designs are cheap I guess, but you get what you pay for... Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

This platform forces designers to lower their rate to compete with those who are not professionals. The work that is outputted is forced on a deadline and the final product shows/ Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Its not worth it, as a professional you should look for a place where a client will give you fair value for your skill and expertise. This is not it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

None, I have stopped using this software Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

i was able to find a really great designer for our real estate logo. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

honestly, not much. I thought the pricing was pretty fair. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Very good option for finding the right designer for your company , team, or any organization's logo. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

well we now a have a logo that catches a customers eye when thinking about buying or selling real estate. We had this done two years ago and still use it and get plenty of compliments. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AD
What do you like best?

The site is great you need something done you can see who would do it for cheap Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Alot of people on this site are not professional something you get what you pay for Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Outsourcing at its finest Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Supply Officer
Government Administration
What do you like best?

Easy interface, very user friendly. I don't have anything negative to say. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I actually like everything, As I mentioned before, great program Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Great program for graphic design, easy to use Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The way the designs are sourced is very good Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

too many uncategorized things that can get lost Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

getting new ideas is easier and also cost-effective Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Do you work for 99Designs?

99Designs Categories on G2