Symantec Endpoint Protection Cloud

Easy to use security-as-a-service for organizations with limited IT security resources

Work for Symantec Endpoint Protection Cloud?

Learning about Symantec Endpoint Protection Cloud?

Symantec Endpoint Protection Cloud Reviews

Showing 21 Symantec Endpoint Protection Cloud reviews
Symantec Endpoint Protection Cloud review by Tyler G B.
Tyler G B.

"Reliable security in endpoints"

What do you like best?

When we started to grow as a business of technology as an ally we also found that the same technology opens many doors to computer security hazards that generate problems and in many cases real loss of investment. Symantec Endpoint Protection Cloud is one of our favorite tools to provide security at each endpoint, it is reliable, easy to use, it focuses on a real defense of equipment whether mobile, MAc, Windows, servers or simple desktops. It is undoubtedly an accessible, high quality protection at the best market price.

What do you dislike?

I am a believer that everything can be improved, without doubt there are internal aspects that can make the service improve, be faster, broader and deepen layers of security. Now that does not imply that there is a real aspect that up to now you can qualify as bad or deficient and therefore say that I do not like it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

That they observe that it is a very powerful tool by itself. It works better or gets more benefit if it is activated in conjunction with other Symantec products that collaborate for total protection. I think there are few options that exist that are as reliable as the Symantec Endpoint Protection Cloud. I recommend it with certainty of its performance.

That really solves Symantec Endpoint Protection many things for example:

It allows using a single endpoint protection tool for different equipment such as Mac and Windows Server, without generating conflicts or incurring additional elements or particulate respectively.

Its panel facilitates and promotes being up to date with the necessary updates or policies that result in a more reliable and protected system.

Resolves a segment of the investment theme in equipment protection as it extends to the teams of each organizer of the organization.

There are many contributions and solutions offered, it is undoubtedly one of the best tools on the market.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Symantec Endpoint Protection Cloud
Symantec Endpoint Protection Cloud review by Samy S.
Samy S.

"Computer Security First for Business."

What do you like best?

Well talk about Symantec Endpoint Protection Cloud is talking about a system that really offers security for the entire network of the organization regardless of the devices that we are talking about, it can work and integrate Mac and Windows computers, as well as work in mobile devices, this thanks to its defense of several layers in the cloud, which also makes it extremely fast and can be operated with a very simple and intuitive configuration.

The monitoring and the reports that it generates on the use of equipment and devices allows to discover relevant information about the weak points in that sense of the company.

What do you dislike?

They can always improve the way they respond and learn artificial intelligence in the face of different threats and continue to reduce the number of false positives, perhaps that is the greatest challenge and aspect to improve that they face at present.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I believe that we should always consider quality, successful experience, price and observable performance, all these attributes have the highest degree of reach in Symantec Endpoint Protection Cloud in collaboration with other of its products they conform the best to prevent the cyber threats and to operate in all we felt our network successfully. Additional has a special focus for small and medium organizations that makes it very accessible to them. For me it is the best option in the market without a doubt.

Definitely Symantec Endpoint Protection Cloud, answers and resolves many situations specifically I can highlight:

The normal attacks in the network that occur constantly as they are in the ecosystem, thus protecting the integrity of systems and devices.

It identifies which equipment and users generate greater security risks from their equipment and devices, managing to resolve those situations in a preventive manner.

Provide general welfare by being permanently protected against most existing threats.

What Endpoint Protection Suites solution do you use?

Symantec Endpoint Protection Cloud review by Aaron P.
Aaron P.

"Good, Light-Weight Product"

What do you like best?

For years, I was an ardent Symantec fan. I used their solutions just as the internet was becoming a thing. Shortly after the internet became a thing, Symantec became synonymous with bloatware. The application ran heavy and tended to bog machines down. However, in the last 5 years that's all changed. Symantec is now one of the easiest platforms to install and manage. I've had great success with Symantec products in my home and professional networks.

What do you dislike?

Symantec is a big company. When there's a problem, it's often difficult to get customer service. They rely too heavily on their FAQ and Knowledgebase to solve people's problems and have made contact with a real person very difficult. It's not often you have a problem, but when you do you'd better have a lot of patience because customer service is sub-standard.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The product is easy to deploy, but it's a good idea to follow the instructions. Don't get click-happy because you can get tripped up if you don't read the installation instructions. Once it's up and running, however, it's really easy to manage.

Symantec Endpoint Protection Cloud has been my go-to solution for small and medium-sized businesses. Because it's easy to install and manage, even non-technical people can maintain the solution easily. That means I can handle initial implementation and leave the day-to-day up to any number of managers within the organization.

Symantec Endpoint Protection Cloud review by User in Food & Beverages
User in Food & Beverages

"Great Product!"

What do you like best?

The part of this product that I like best is the constant monitoring and notifications that I am receiving. With the notifications, I am able to feel confident that I can use my computer as needed without having any worries of being hacked or losing any pertinent information.

What do you dislike?

The catch to my likes is that they are also my dislikes with how often some of the notifications are popping up and the fact that they are annoying when you are consistently using the same programs or visiting the same websites that I feel are safe and should have already been scanned and approved for safe usage.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great product to keep your computer and network safe from any dangers; Endpoint Intelligence, Malware Detection , and Firewall. There are great features within this product and I highly recommend that anyone use this to stay away from hackers!

The business problems that we are solving with this product are just the general safety of our network and information. We have realized benefits of ease of setup and not having to do much with the program as it runs in the background and seems to be rather simple from what we can tell thus far.

Symantec Endpoint Protection Cloud review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Good security feature but slows down the process"

What do you like best?

The security feature on this application is pretty good. It restricts quite a lot of malicious attempt and traffic and keeps our application safe and secure. It's UI is also plain and simple and thus extremely light which does not add to the weight of the application at the same time keeping it less confusing for the team.

What do you dislike?

The one feature which I disliked the most about this is the time overhead which it introduces. So we generally use the mobile OTP method and it's extremely slow from the process point of view because half of the time we do not get the message on time and by the time we get it it's almost expired, this may be attributed to the network bandwidth issue but the end result being the user is frustrated and unable to get into the system.

The major concern with everybody these days is how secure my application can be and this is one of the key business problems that is solved by Symantec Endpoint Protection Cloud.

Symantec Endpoint Protection Cloud review by Consultant

"It used to be a good option but changes in how licences are grouped makes it a rip off."

What do you like best?

It worked pretty well against web exploits and other web attacks.

What do you dislike?

Did not like the lack of control on the client. Poor email alerts lacked the needed information to validate the threat.

Symantec took our 40+ license and grouped them into one license. We normally allowed the license to expire at the 3 year mark and replaced the PC. Now it is a nightmare as you can not decrease license count and they refused to give us our money back effectively stealing from us. We stopped using them for all our clients as well so their loss I guess.

Recommendations to others considering the product

ESET

Web server security/Server workstation security.

Symantec Endpoint Protection Cloud review by Courtney D.
Courtney D.

"Could be bette"

What do you like best?

RCould be better , their virus &spyware protection is good but I’ve seen better with other compa

What do you dislike?

I do believe that they could put some more focus in their proactive threat protection.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Again, needs more focus on the threat protection

It helps with the spyware protection but again needs a bit more focus with being proactive in threat prot

Symantec Endpoint Protection Cloud review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Symantec cloud, easy breezy"

What do you like best?

This is one of the most secure, best cloud programs available! We have been so lucky to have this program, it has made downloading and installing programs used across the different platforms used that would otherwise make it chaotic and hectic trying to figure out who still needs access to what and all that.

What do you dislike?

There's not anything I don't like about this program, it is easy to use no matter the computer skills of the individuals and allows monitored downloads and backups to make for quick easy work.

Benefits are that we have information and programs readily available for download, when upgrades or new versions of programs are available, it is easy for the staff to get these updates on their platforms.

Symantec Endpoint Protection Cloud review by Joel B.
Joel B.

"Protecting our vital assets"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. This product is very easy to use from the stand point of execution to creating exceptions to allow work to flow smoothly.

What do you dislike?

Scans take way to long and do not always occur within the window that we designate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

correct long scan times and wrong times

We are protecting our cloud based assests and making sure that no unwanted material is being placed on our network

Symantec Endpoint Protection Cloud review by priyanka r.
priyanka r.

"Overall good performing endpoint protection"

What do you like best?

Best part is that, it is entirely managed cloud. Setting up is also easy but takes time. Client machine enrolled by Microsoft ID

What do you dislike?

It is windows only, also it requires IE browser for remote management

Provide end to end protection, fast protection at the web gateway

Symantec Endpoint Protection Cloud review by User in Computer Software

"Symantec Endpoint Protection Cloud Review"

What do you like best?

It's easy to use and is reliable, providing great endpoint threat protection for its users. The programs are easily downloadable and updated.

What do you dislike?

The initial set up takes some time and space. Other than this I haven't come across any red flags.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a good choice of software for protection against threats and attacks.

Symantec Endpoint Protection Cloud comes at a very reasonable price and is a great option for businesses especially small to medium sized ones looking to protect their network.

Symantec Endpoint Protection Cloud review by Administrator

"Symantec's review"

What do you like best?

Symantec content and design are user friendly

What do you dislike?

No information listed, I do not have any dislikes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

NIL

The benefits outweigh the problems. The security that Symantec offers is great. I believe we escaped the Panda Virus with minimal threats to our system

Symantec Endpoint Protection Cloud review by User

"Head of Global HRIS"

What do you like best?

It is really easy to use from an end user. After my company implemented this software, there is no need to carry a token key. From my IT colleagues point of view, it was easy to implement and upgrade globally.

What do you dislike?

I don't have anything that I dislike from this product.

Fast and easy to issue a secure VIP to users. Deployment to our 22 countries was streamless.

Symantec Endpoint Protection Cloud review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Not the easiest to uninstall "

What do you like best?

I like that it makes it easier to install software on other devices and that there is a "home" screen where you can see all the latest updates to make sure everything is up to date.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that it is almost impossible to uninstall from a computer once we are no longer using that device.

It allows for better management of our devices.

"May be needed if you are Windows user"

What do you like best?

It protects the end users from getting spams from suspicious software and files.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it pops up when accessing the files built internally, while I am confident that there is no virus or spyware inside.

I have not used it since I switch to MacOS.

It would certainly help the users who do not have much knowledge of spams.

Symantec Endpoint Protection Cloud review by User in Higher Education

"Great product"

What do you like best?

Symantec Endpoint Protection is always being updated to fight against malware and viruses.

What do you dislike?

It honestly is a great service. If I ever have a problem their customer service team is really great at answering questions and finding a solution to the problem

Giving virus protection to all our employees no matter where they are

Symantec Endpoint Protection Cloud review by Administrator

"Symantec Endpoint Review"

What do you like best?

UI is easy to navigate, very intuitive. Easy to customize.

What do you dislike?

Seems to slow computer if real-time scanning is on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Would definitely recommend this product, one of the best on the market. Works well on a network protecting the server and the individual workstations.

Network and workstation security. Identifying malware and virus threats.

Symantec Endpoint Protection Cloud review by Kaushal C.
Kaushal C.

"Symc review"

What do you like best?

Detects the virus and malicious contents

What do you dislike?

Definition updates are more frequent than ever

Security

Symantec Endpoint Protection Cloud review by User in Higher Education

"Works well. Easy to manage"

What do you like best?

Its a set it and forget it endpoint. Very little interaction needed.

What do you dislike?

I have no dislikes. The product works well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend getting the whole Symantec Management Console. All in one solution

We are using it to keep our campus machine clean and free of threats.

"Symantec cloud"

What do you like best?

Merging Symantec’s finest protection with cloud storage capability for an assured safe access at any place, anytime.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really to dislike, setup time and getting used to anything takes time.

Cyber security/ Malware protection

Symantec Endpoint Protection Cloud review by Consultant

"Easy Managed Protection"

What do you like best?

Cloud based for easier management of clients

What do you dislike?

nothing to really dislike, if all users

More end users can be protected easier than needing to be connected to the network

Learning about Symantec Endpoint Protection Cloud?

* We monitor all Symantec Endpoint Protection Cloud reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.