Spark Streaming

3.9

Spark Streaming brings Apache Spark's language-integrated API to stream processing, letting you write streaming jobs the same way you write batch jobs. It supports Java, Scala and Python. Spark Streaming recovers both lost work and operator state (e.g. sliding windows) out of the box, without any extra code on your part.

Work for Spark Streaming?

Learning about Spark Streaming?

Spark Streaming Reviews

Showing 21 Spark Streaming reviews
Spark Streaming review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Apache Spark - Powerful analytics tool"

What do you like best?

APIs of Spark is very powerful for data pre processing.

SQL interface is very user friendly

Faster compared to any other big data tool

What do you dislike?

Documentation would have been improved. It becomes very easy to use if they've well written documentation, we don't have to visit other sites like this.

Debugging is particularly hard.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You've a big data? Apache spark is an ultimate tool you have to consider. Because, it's analytical capabilities are strong for large data.

Apache Spark can be used in various ways. In HDFS environment, Apache SPark can be used on streaming data for further analysis purpose. Sprak is a great alternative for MapReduce. We build many machine learning applications on Apache Spark on AWS platform or sometimes databricks. My company uses Apache Spark in various ways including machine learning, analytics and batch processing. [We] Grab the data from other sources and put it into a Hadoop environment. [We] Build data lakes. SparkSQL is also used for analysis of data and to develop reports. We have deployed the clusters in Cloudera. Because of Apache Spark, it has become very easy to apply data science in a big data field. In our company, we used Spark for a healthcare analytical project, where we need to do large-scale data processing in a Hadoop environment. The project is about building an enterprise data lake where we bring data from multiple products and consolidate. Further, in the downstream, we will develop some business reports.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Spark Streaming
Spark Streaming review by Bethany E.
Bethany E.

"Spark"

What do you like best?

I loved using this software at IBEX Global when I worked with their DirecTV campain. This made my job so much easier because I could chat with our managers and also our Tech support that was above me as well as other co-workers to assist with any questions or help I needed on the call or to help other people. As well this helped me to chat to make sales to the customers or to know to take over someone elses call for them if needed. This was an amazing way to communicate through out the office. This like never froze up and saved your previous chats from that day.

What do you dislike?

I just wish that Spark would have saved all messages instead of clearing them when you log out. It would have been helpful to have those messages later to search through that way I could have reflected on past conversations and issues just in case I ran into the issue again.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take advantage of this its awesome!!! Could not have done my job as well as I did without this service. Made my day so much easier and more enjoyable. I gotta say that we also used between co-workers for personal enjoyment at work too which made the day go by a lot easier and gave a break between seriousness and promoted team work.

I was able to solve tech issues as well as communication while busy

What Event Stream Processing solution do you use?

Spark Streaming review by Administrator in Computer Software

"All Your Data in One Place"

What do you like best?

Apache Spark is able to gather and process an enormous amount of data... it can almost be overwhelming. Spark is incredibly fast and powerful compared to the service we previously used. We really like the data output that Spark provides. It allows us to boil down huge data sets to something digestable and presentable.

What do you dislike?

The set up and initial implementation was a nightmare for us. This could be in part to our previous provider and the shortcomings we had with them. The transition to a more fully functional tool was not easy. As with any upgrade, there is a learning curve and we are still working through ours, especially when it comes to training new users.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are a large business with a need for processing large amounts of data in real time, then I would strongly recommend Spark.

We use Apache Spark to analyze data from our website as well as our application software. We realized there was a gap in the amount of data that we were overlooking on a daily basis and needed a tool to help us gather and process it. Spark has been an incredible help in this. We have found many areas for improvement across virtually every facet of our organization.

Spark Streaming review by Steven R.
Steven R.

"Spark Streaming"

What do you like best?

it allows the flow of data in real time, it is tolerant to failures, it is fully scalable and the data can be from many different sources and processed in databases

What do you dislike?

high costs, advanced knowledge is required to use the tool as it is complex

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use it

improvement in the management and processing of data, increased security, encryption and flow of data

Spark Streaming review by Manjunatha A.
Manjunatha A.

"Spark Streaming"

What do you like best?

user friendly environment

easy to do batch processing

It increases the throughput

data input can be from many source

it uses complex algorithm

can develop real time dashboard of the real time data

What do you dislike?

there is no proper file management system

all the process are divided into batches and processed

data are kept in memory which consumes more Amount of RAM

Recommendations to others considering the product:

yes I highly recommend

RPA company used for real time dashboard

Spark Streaming review by Sanjeev S.
Sanjeev S.

"Spark streaming review"

What do you like best?

The best thing about spark streaming is that it helps in processing of huge data and algorithms with a faster pace.It saves on time and is not like its other bogus streaming competitor's products.

What do you dislike?

The worst thing about it is its interface.Its difficult to work upon it without prior training.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Its a nice experience working on it.Try it.

I am using it for sending big data files to my clients.

Spark Streaming review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Incredible tool for processing a massive volume of data"

What do you like best?

The processing of live data streams is a scalable, high performance and fault tolerant tool. It has the capacity to process a large number of algorithms and functions that form data packets and has the ability to process data continuously.

What do you dislike?

Not all of these models or versions are compatible with all types of data sources.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't force fit. Big data is not magic. Understand your problem and then choose the right tool from the toolkit to solve the problem.

This product allows me to analysis live streaming data and is great for analytics of real time time data.

Spark Streaming review by Consultant in Management Consulting
Consultant in Management Consulting

"Process big data in Apache Spark way!"

What do you like best?

1. Processing of huge amount of data in lesser time.

2. Fault tolerance feature

3. Re-usability of code for batch processing

4. In memory computation

What do you dislike?

1. No file management system

2. Takes longer time with small files

3. Less active community

This technology is mostly used to process big data. I have used this technology to shift from traditional R programming language as the traditional language was taking 2 days to fully run the project. Apache Spark helped me to reduce this time to approx 18 hours. This codes were basically related to a data science related project.

Spark Streaming review by Sayali K.
Sayali K.

"spark streeming"

What do you like best?

The tool is easy to use and very simple to understand. Also there are no faults in it

What do you dislike?

There are no things until now that I have disliked about the tool.

We use spark streaming for live data streaming

Spark Streaming review by Internal Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Internal Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Data Engineer using Spark, hadoop, AWS, s3 and oher bigdata technologies "

What do you like best?

Processing huge dataset in an optimal way to improve performance

What do you dislike?

Slow/sluggish system and errors, where data workflows and pipeline fails for any reason,

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely way to go based on current streaming solutions available, always there are ways to improve.

Processing logs from cloud applications. Apache spark is helping processing data in micro batches which is close to near real time.

Spark Streaming review by User in Computer Hardware
User in Computer Hardware

"Introducing myself to Spark"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that when spark streaming you are able to build scalable streaming applications and this can be done more than one at a time.

What do you dislike?

I haven't dug deep enough into the software thus far to find anything that I don't dislike about the software.

I am able to see scalability from all of my streaming apps.

Spark Streaming review by User

"Spark Streaming efficiency "

What do you like best?

The processing of live data is a scalable, high performance, and fault tolerant tool.

What do you dislike?

Not all versions are compatible with all types of data sources.

Spark is an incredible tool for processing a massive volume of data, it has the capacity to process a large number of algorithms and functions that form data packets and has the ability to process data continuously.

Spark Streaming review by User

"Using Spark Streaming to get real time data from a server"

What do you like best?

Ease of use! And the good documentation on how to use it.

What do you dislike?

I did not encounter any specific problems with Spark streaming that made me not like a specific aspect of the software.

Streaming real time data in order to make predictions for controlling the air conditioning units in a building.

Spark Streaming review by User

"Decent api for live streaming of data"

What do you like best?

It has a really good error handling functionalities in it which helps reduce with faults

What do you dislike?

Compatibility with other data platforms could be better and improved upon.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Well built api extension for anyone who is already using apache spark

Utilizing some of sparks machine learning algorithms to our data science project.

Spark Streaming review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Good overall for data analysis"

What do you like best?

Spark has the ability to process a large volume of data, algorithms. efficient, reliable way to process data. Great Documentation.

What do you dislike?

not flexible for rapid prototyping and processing. Maintenance of the Software is not good

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely, use for big data processing.

Best for big data processing. Easy to use, Maintenance.

Spark Streaming review by User

"Use of Spark Streaming in ML"

What do you like best?

Its good and can be improved. The best thing was how it handles real time data

What do you dislike?

API support and need proper docs and it would be better if installing it would be easy

Increased the efficiency

"Easy enough"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, I reface is easy. Minimal lag issues and easy upload

What do you dislike?

User friendly, interface is easy to use, no lags in streaming or uploading

Getting mass information to the whole group at once

Spark Streaming review by User

"Goto Stream processing tool"

What do you like best?

Like the python and Java language libraries.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike except managing a spark cluster is always a pain.

Using it to aggregate iot events in near real time.

Spark Streaming review by User in Banking
User in Banking

"Streaming-Spark"

What do you like best?

We like how real-time results in sessions are created against member profiles.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing about Spark that we have found to dislike.

We create personalized experiences using Spark.

"Spark streaming "

What do you like best?

Fast streaming, works great for big groups and presenting

What do you dislike?

I like everything I’ve seen with spark so far. Can be complicated to get started using

Mass communication between schools

Spark Streaming review by Consultant

"Spark Streaming"

What do you like best?

Integration across multiple platforms is a great task.

What do you dislike?

Needs to catch up on some cloud services

Platform integration, multi-media spreading

Learning about Spark Streaming?

* We monitor all Spark Streaming reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.