SignUp.com Reviews & Product Details

SignUp.com Overview

What is SignUp.com?

SignUp.com is the easiest way to organize your group. Save time and boost participation in coordinating the people and things that help you make a difference in your communities and schools with user-friendly scheduling, signups and more.

SignUp.com Details

SignUp.com allows you to manage time and organize the people and things that help you make a difference in your communities and schools, with scheduling, signups and more.

VolunteerSpot
2008
Austin, TX
@signupdotcom

SignUp.com Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the SignUp.com community
Have you used SignUp.com before?

SignUp.com Reviews

Showing 36 SignUp.com reviews
Already have SignUp.com?
What do you like best?

The feature that set it apart and outdid SignUp Genius, was the fact that I could put information in the description box (we were donating clothes and toys to kids and needed to show their sizes and interests. The description box made this possible. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything that was a downside Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This is exactly what I needed with our outreach event where our members had to select kids to buy Christmas presents for. The feature that set it apart and outdid SignUp Genius, was the fact that I could put the kids info (Clothes sizes and interests) in the description for each item. The other company didn’t have that option, which was 100% necessary for that we were doing. It was also cleaner. I loved the modern look of the interface. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Tara McAdams of SignUp.com

Lydia,

Thank you for your positive review! We're so proud to support do-gooders like yourself that are paying it forward in their communities, and we hope that your outreach event was a huge success!

Transformational Ministry Coordinator & Volunteer Coordinator
What do you like best?

I have used SignUp.com for the past 3 years, and I have been HIGHLY SATISFIED with the service. When I first researched online sign-up sheet options, I was afraid that I would have to default to a lower-level concept like Google Docs. But after finding SignUp.com, I was extremely impressed by the capabilities, and it has worked extremely well for my purposes. I can’t say enough about how much SignUp.com has made my life easier and given me a reliable option to fulfill my needs.

By far the best part of SignUp.com is the ability to very specifically create roles for people to pick, and to specifically designate the days and times people choose to volunteer. The automatic E-mails are also a great touch, and the ability to send invite links and posts has been extremely helpful!

The SignUp interface is also AMAZINGLY SIMPLE, and I've never had a complaint from a volunteer in terms of not being able to figure out how to sign up for a spot. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

If there's one thing I have disliked about SignUp, it's the ability to access and duplicate a SignUp after it has ended. The duplication feature has been a time saver, but sometimes I forget to duplicate before the SignUp expires, and I have to recreate the entire SignUp again. The easiest solution to this situation might be to have a template option that would allow you to save all the details from a frequently used SignUp and then just re-create it with a new date. This may already be a feature of the system that I'm not aware of, but to my knowledge, once the SignUp is expired, it cannot be duplicated or used again. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Scheduling people for volunteer shifts used to be a pain. We looked into alternative options and tried several different concepts, but it always seemed like there was mis-communication or confusion as to how to be a part of our team. Once I discovered SignUp, getting volunteers assigned to various roles became simple and consistent. It also helped that I could keep all that information in one place and access it any time I needed to ahead of time to see who was signed up for which role. Once the SignUp is created and the links are sent out, this is really a set-it and forget about it situation, which helps save an enormous amount of time from me having to communicate through multiple E-mails, texts, etc. to get my team in place. I honestly can't imagine having to do this without SignUp.com. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Design Specialist
What do you like best?

The online assistance was phenomenal they answerd all my question qiuckly and in full . They also allwed me to set up 1 on 1 withe a trainer on how best to utilized the program Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

None of the features were truly difficutl although the initial understanding of exctly what the program was capable of requied a meeting with and assistance from one of the trainer.but that was also very quick and simple as once I provided all the info , they set the rest of it up from their end was so fast and esay Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I did not encounter any problem Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I needed to create a sign-up sheet for volunteers at my school. After Googling around a bit. I decided on Signup.com and it worked like a charm. I wanted to find something as easy as possible for recipients to use and something that didn't require them to register an account beforehand. Signup checked all those boxes and more. It was exactly what I needed, easy to navigate, and I have no criticisms whatsoever. Great product and I will def use again. Highly recommended. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is honestly nothing I didn't like. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Highly recommend. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I needed a sign-up sheet for volunteers to help with a school event and I knew the sign-up and scheduling process had to be as smooth as possible to get as many folks as possible. If there were any registration requirements or technical errors, individuals would easily give up. Signup.com provided exactly what I needed and more. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Easy of use and flexibility!

Automatic reminders!

Gives my students/community members autonomy to sign up for their own slots (e.g. for office hours) or items to bring (club/class potluck), change, cancel!

Notifications for me to keep me in the loop! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything that I dislike about Signup.com It is a very powerful tool! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have used Signup.com for YEARS, ever since I was put in charge of organizing 100+ volunteers for a 5K race. Prior to Signup.com, I had to field emails from volunteers, check the signup list, let them know which slots were still available, wait for their reply, handle their schedule changes, send them reminders, NIGHTMARE... this is how to burn out a volunteer coordinator! Then, I discovered Signup.com (which used to be called volunteerspot.com when I first used it), and all of those logistics VANISHED! All that I had to do was set up the event with details that I wanted to share, slots and dates and volunteers could pick their own slots, change as they wished and they'd even get a reminder email! I have since used Signup.com to organize my Thrive On Plants Club potlucks at my college (I teach full-time), and most recently, I have taught all of my fellow colleagues who will listen how to set up ONLINE OFFICE HOURS with signup.com and Zoom in the current era of remote teaching, Signup.com comes through again! I am SO GRATEFUL for Signup.com! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AP
What do you like best?

Our K-12 school has been using the free version of signup.com for parent teacher conference scheduling for the past couple of years. Even though I am not a paying customer, I receive fast and detailed responses to my questions. I cannot say enough about the quality of their customer service! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

In order for teachers to view their conference schedules, they have to save the link from the first email sent to them. It would be nice if they could log in to their account and see the status of their signup at any time without have to find their original email Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have saved so much time!! We can customize the time slots for each teacher. The automatic reminders sent to those who have signed up have reduced the number of no-shows. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Tara McAdams of SignUp.com

Thank you for sharing your generous feedback about your SignUp experience for parent-teacher conferences - it's a privilege to support your teachers and parents, especially during this extra stressful year!

It sounds like you were the Organizer for all the Conference SignUps and added a free Teacher Status Report for each teacher to see their parent schedule. Alternatively, the teachers can create their own schedules with our Basic (free) Plan and login to see their parent appointments. Or, you could upgrade to our Starter Plan for $9.99/month and add each teacher as an Assistant Organizer to their own SignUp - so they can login at any time to see their schedule, no link to keep track of.

Please reach out at any time (support@signup.com) if you have any questions or would like to schedule a one-on-one coaching session. We're here to set you up for success and would be happy to share some tips and tricks to best utilize our tool for your specific needs!

SignUp Marketing Manager

What do you like best?

Just want to say, I really appreciate the convenience and flexibility of SignUp. It's so easy to set up spots and manage them and retrieve information about participants. One of my organizations insists on using Sign Up Genius, in spite of my protests, and those procedures are so tedious and difficult, it makes me quite lose my temper. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are no downsides as far as I am concerned! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's easy to send out links to volunteers or potential volunteers, easy for people to sign up and get reminders, and for the coordinator --as well as the volunteers--to keep track or who is doing what when. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Tara McAdams of SignUp.com

Hi Ruth,

Thank you for your generous feedback - it's our privilege to help you coordinate your Good work!

We are so glad to hear that SignUp is making it easier for you to make a difference in your community. We appreciate all that you do!

SignUp.com Marketing Manager

AE
What do you like best?

It was so easy to use. I appreciated the automatic email reminders to the users and email updates I received as the organizer of the event. The accessibility to different reports even with the free version were helpful. We will be using it again in the future. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Lots of ads on the screen but expected with a free version. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We were able to easily share a link to over 600 families and quickly come up with a schedule for a one-day event. It was a great time-saver. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Member, Washington County Board of Education
What do you like best?

I work for a marketing firm that had to quickly shift gears on a big project due to COVID. A client asked us to produce a video tribute to a retiring CEO, but we had to do it all through Zoom since people are working from home. The idea of making 40 different appointments with people I didn't know seemed daunting. Thank goodness I found SignUp.com through Google! In just a few minutes, I had blocked off three days, divided them up into 20-minute interview windows, and fired off a group email with the link. People started reserving their spots almost instantly. During the interviews, we received several compliments on how smoothly it all went. Thank you! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would recommend separate menus for Event Organizers and people who are signing up. As an organizer, I clicked My Signups multiple times on the Dashboard, thinking it would show all the people that have signed up. Instead, it showed one appointment that I used as a test. It took some exploring before I figured out how to check the full schedule. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I didn't have to make individual appointments with multiple people who I don't know. Instead, I just sent a link and they figured out what interview spot they wanted. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AL
What do you like best?

I have agents that work all over the US and work varying hours, this allows for them to schedule their own coaching sessions that work with my schedule Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could get my meetings to schedule in MS Meetings, or be transferred over to my outlook Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It used to take my researching every agents schedule to assign a time for them to meet with me and then send out the reminder e-mails. This frees up a lot of my time to do prep work for my agents and do other admin work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Tara McAdams of SignUp.com

Thank you so much for your generous feedback. We're glad to hear that our tool is helping save you time that can be used to focus on more important things.

Our tool does allow for calendar syncing! Here's a help article that provides all the details: https://signuphelp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/208147428-Can-I-sync-my-SignUps-to-a-Google-Calendar-or-to-my-electronic-Calendar-for-Organizers-

Please email us at support@signup.com if you have questions or need assistance with this – we're always eager to help.

Happy holidays!

AE
What do you like best?

I find Sign-Up easy to use....it is intuitive, love the ability to copy days and not have to recreate them for each day, and best of all FREE! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Wish there was a way to delete multiple sign-ups at a time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try....it does alot and with very little set up an effort. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It benefits me as it is easy to use with my staff. They just log in and sign up for a time to visit the library with their class. It is easy and cuts down on prep time for me and it keeps me on schedule each day. My staff members seem to like the ease of use as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It is so easy to set up and I've used the same format year after year. Participants are e-mailed with reminders, I'm kept updated on progress and it saves me so much time and effort. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It may not be perfect but I didn't experience any negative issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend using SignUp Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have been using SignUp to arrange a Global Day of Prayer for supporters from all over the world for the last y5 years. The day is split into 15 minute sections and covers a 24 hour period. It is an amazing facility and so easy to use. Having regular updates and e-mails going out to participants makes my life so much easier and saves me a lot of time and effort.

Thank you for this great (and free) site. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The ease of use and then the awesome technical support when I do have a question about the process. They respond very quickly, which helps me to keep working on my volunteer projects!

We do so love working with signup.com, as it’s so easy. We’ve gotten positive feedback from our volunteers also letting us know it was easy for them to manage their signups. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. I am very happy with signup.com Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just do it....will make doing your volunteer projects a piece of cake! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have two volunteer programs, and being able to promote the signup link to our database of volunteers is great. We enjoy the benefit of our premium package which allows us to have multiple organizers on our sign ups, so all get notified of cancelations and signups. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of Stewardship
What do you like best?

This gives volunteer organizers direct ability to manage their own programs and recruit volunteers independently. It's inexpensive and offers a decent amount of options even with the free version. You can group individual volunteer opportunities together so that a potential volunteer can browse multiple opportunities at the same time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The site feels dated and cumbersome. It's not very "pretty." I would appreciate the ability to embed sign ups directly on our website, however that is not available. The user side and admin side is not intuitive to navigate - though it is not hard to learn. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The paid version adds extra functionality for larger organizations with multiple organizers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The software has enabled us to better track and manage volunteers, and allows for ministry leaders to take ownership of their own "events". Using volunteer management software allows us to ensure that service opportunities are filled, but not overfilled, which ensures volunteers have a meaningful experience. The software also allows us to follow up with past volunteers and to track people who have looked at a sign up but have not taken the final step of committing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AN
What do you like best?

Signup is so easy to use - its easy to see who's scheduled where, change roster details - and best of all people can change their own rostered times. Reports made administration of the event on the day easy. Emails going to participants before, during and after looked very professional. A great tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

This product does what we need. We found a really good match with our needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Much quicker and easier management of volunteer hours. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AN
What do you like best?

User interface is easy for volunteers to use, volunteers were able to sign in without too much trouble. I can't even remember any of them commenting on not being able to use the program--very unusual for volunteer management software! Setting up events was easy and easy to edit. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Very little to dislike, but I had a little trouble generating reports, rosters, and mailing list. It was user inexperience for sure, and had I had more time, I'm sure I could have figured out how to export into a spreadsheet with greater clarity. I was able to get all reports I needed, so very little to complain about. It was just not as intuitive for me as other aspects of the program. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Spend some time getting to know the functionality before deadlines! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Volunteer management for the Women's March Oakland 2019. We were easily able to sign up and manage our volunteers (about 175 people). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Karen Bantuveris of SignUp.com

Thanks for your review! For future reference, we have several pre-formatted reports and export formats available in the Reports tab of your SignUp's Organizer view - including a fully-customizable Interactive Report. Premium Reporting provides for reporting and exports across multiple SignUps or by Group or Organization. Electronic Participant Check-in from smartphones is also available for Premium members.

AM
What do you like best?

It is easy to send out reminders to parents. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It takes a little bit of legwork to start out. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use SignUp.com every year when organizing an end-of-the-year reception. It has made it so easy for me to get parents to sign up to bring certain dishes and not have an overload of one kind! I don't have to email parents individually, either; SignUp.com takes care of all of that for me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Brooksdale Centre Administrator
What do you like best?

- Users can sign up on their smartphone, iPads or desktop

- Various reports to summarize daily/monthly sign ups

- Administrator can lock sign up the day before

- Reports can be exported to Excel spreadsheet for further manipulations

- Responsive customer support

- It's free! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

- The loading speed can be faster

- Would like to have more customizations on reports

- Would like to be able to schedule locks for specific sign ups Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our organization serves community meals for staff, interns and guests. SignUp allows people to create a profile and sign up for their meals. Cooks can lock the sign up at the day before. The administrator can run reports for accounting purpose.

No more paper sign up; more accurate and speedy accounting! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Karen Bantuveris of SignUp.com

Thanks for taking the time to review, SignUp, Yvonne - and thanks for your Good work in your community. For future reference, our Interactive Report gives you full customization of fields and sort order and can be printed or exported. Our Premium reports (across multiple SignUps) can also be exported into Excel for further customization. Scheduled locking and unlocking is available in our Plus and Max-level Premium plans.

AH
What do you like best?

Signup is easy to use - great organization tool Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

at first, wasn't sure how best to set settings - default was not right for my purposes Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I like that you can limit number of volunteers per spot. I like that it emails reminders automatically and sends reports automatically Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

6th-8th Vocal Music Teacher
Music
What do you like best?

For our event, I had to let the entire staff know what their roll was and rather than having to slow down as a teacher and find @ 45 individuals, this allowed me to specifically communicate all their duties in an organized way. I was so grateful for the SignUp website. It was user friendly and easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I can’t think of anything I disliked about Signups. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It’s a fast and easy way to organize, communicate, and remind co-workers of multiple events. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AN
What do you like best?

It was easy to create a season of daily shifts, which could be adjusted by duration of shift and number of volunteers needed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

This is our second season using SignUp.com. We have no complaints Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Placement of volunteer groups to sort, wrap and box charitable Christmas gifts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Executive Director
Non-Profit Organization Management
What do you like best?

SignUp.com is extremely simple to set up and run. It is very easy for our volunteers to understand and select their roles and shifts. Having multiple people need to coordinate the site makes thing a little challenging but nothing too cumbersome. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the administrative logins can be challenging but that is more of a practice issue than software issue. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use this for all of our fundraisers they require volunteers including our bowling event, our crab feast, our 5k and our annual conference. Many of our volunteers have brain injuries and they have had no problem working through the selection process. They particularly like the calendar view option to allow them to get a full picture of what is expected of them and when. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AN
What do you like best?

It is so easy to use. Clear, to the point and really easy for the user. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I can't say I have any dislikes...maybe the ads but they really don't even bother me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a really great product if you're needing volunteers to sign up for shifts. It's really easy to use form the user perspective and the volunteer perspective as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have used it for both a volunteer organization as well as for my association planning job. It allows you to easily create a schedule and allow volunteers to sign up for shifts and then communicate with them through the site. I used it initially for my volunteer group and then began using it for my planning job as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AN
What do you like best?

electronic reminders to me and participants Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

older volunteers didn't use it consistently Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Navigating the site when you already have events created, so being able to edit your events individually was not as intuitive. I remember having to click on multiple buttons that didn't lead me exactly to where I had thought it would. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It provided an all in one organized planning, management, and reminder program where I can easily: create volunteer events, personalize them, send it to volunteers, and be reliably notified on spots filled, as well as not having to personally draft reminder emails to volunteers on upcoming events and to sign up for open positions because SignUp.com did all of this automatically for me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.