python celery

Celery is an asynchronous task queue/job queue based on distributed message passing. It is focused on real-time operation, but supports scheduling as well.

Work for python celery?

Learning about python celery?

python celery Reviews

Showing 6 python celery reviews
python celery review by Udhav S.
Udhav S.

"Technology Celery for the task queuing"

What do you like best?

Celery is written in python, but the protocol is implemented in any language. It can also operate with other languages using webhooks. There is also a Ruby-Client called RClerey, a PHPClient, Go client and a Node.js client.

Because of all above client available in celery it can be used cross-platform.

For messaging purpose, use RabbitMQ or Redis.

What do you dislike?

There are two things we have to keep in mind and also it is disliked part for me. First thing don’t use windows machine for this particular task and its doesn’t work with the python 3.5 later.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Before start using it, be used to with the RabbitMQ or Redis messaging technique and also with some clients which are mentioned above. So that, celery can be efficiently.

For our messaging technique we come to use with the new technique for messaging it is really good way of doing it.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about python celery
python celery review by Dan G.
Dan G.

"Fantastic real-time job queue"

What do you like best?

Python Celery is a great real time, asyncronous job queue and scheduler and I think the best thing is that this job scheduler focuses on running concurrently as opposed to scheduling and running one task at a time.

What do you dislike?

This is an open source piece of software so support is somewhat limited. Otherwise, it is a great tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Python Celery has a long history of sorts, but since it's open source, I would definitely recommend trying it out. Azkaban scheduler which is written in Java is similar to this, but I think you must choose the software depending on your needs.

Python celery allows my team to schedule tasks and things that just must get done at a certain time in an automated manner. The benefits we've realized are quicker deployment, technology management, etc.

What Python Package solution do you use?

python celery review by Derek X.
Derek X.

"Task queue for applications"

What do you like best?

I like python celery because of it's developer oriented format as a software package. I can take it and start building things and deploy into the task queue and run flows.

What do you dislike?

Python celery sometimes has ambiguous documentation and that confuses me.

The business problems I'm solving with python celery is the ability to run a job flow without much thought. It's simplified our business a lot.

python celery review by Daniel S.
Daniel S.

"Top notch async job scheduler in python"

What do you like best?

Celery is a great tool to help manage more complex workflows that can be relatively automated on our data side.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how celery is sometimes challenging to use when it comes to people without much of a programming background.

The business problems I'm solving with celery are plentiful. It's simply allowed us to automate certain workflows to a point and click situation.

python celery review by Rebecca B.
Rebecca B.

"Job scheduler written in python"

What do you like best?

Python celery lets me manage data engineering jobs in a easy to use, fruitful system. It's relatively easy to use and straight forward

What do you dislike?

Celery is a tool without the best documentation and support.

Celery lets us run our ETL jobs in an asynchronous manner. After setup, we can get going in record speed with a tool that is efficient.

python celery review by User

"Very helpful to manage distribution of tasks"

What do you like best?

Really reliable to keep our most important tasks and functions in line.

What do you dislike?

No bells and whistles pretty old school design but it just gets the job done which is what matters.

As a powerful website, we often have many tasks running at the same time. Celery is perfect for managing these tasks and keeping the site working well.

Learning about python celery?

* We monitor all python celery reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.