Pulse Secure Virtual Traffic Manager Reviews & Product Details

What is Pulse Secure Virtual Traffic Manager?

Pulse Secure Virtual Traffic Manager is a software-based application delivery controller (ADC) designed to deliver faster, high performance user experience, with more reliable access to public websites and enterprise applications.

Pulse Secure Virtual Traffic Manager Profile Details

1-50 of 91 total Pulse Secure Virtual Traffic Manager reviews
Most Recent Pulse Secure Virtual Traffic Manager Video Review
Analyst
(10,001+ employees)

"One of the best VPN software used in industry today"

What do you like best?

The best part of the software is it uses PIN+RSA combination secure key to get connected to the enterprise clients remotely. It is more secure and hard to break into it. Well if you see it provides automated VPN access. It has a web-based administration interface that provides powerful real-time and analysis and history for traffic across Pulse Secure Virtual Traffic Manager clusters. Deployment can be automated by integrating interfaces like REST, SNMP and event monitoring can be enabled. Traffic managers cannot the script using the traffic script which is built-in. We can create our own traffic management rules to manage the traffic. Overall this is one of the best software, I have seen after CISCO VPN.

What do you dislike?

Firstly, As I have faced difficulty when the internet connectivity drops/ network is slow, it doesn't connect automatically to the VPN network. Once the network is back, it prompts for entering the secure id pin and RSA again. This seems to be a disadvantage from my point of view. Secondly, installation and configuration is a challenge where the IT department help is required. In order to do this manually, the IT department started pushing the software to all the system to solve configuration challenge.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend choosing software which is easier to install and configuration part can be done by the user itself expect where the admin user id and password is required.

Connecting the Secure VPN environment in order to access enterprise applications/clients remotely.

Freelance Web Developer
Internet

"Used based on IT requirements, difficult install Mac OS users"

What do you like best?

Once it's configured it works well and provides automated VPN access behind the scenes. Reboots and auto-logins aren't an issue, the software handles it for you (at least on a Mac).

What do you dislike?

The installation and setup process was difficult and in fact not possible to do individually. The IT department I worked with to configure this needed to install this with virtual screensharing software because specific codes and keys needed to match a specific version that only they could provide. This may or may not be the fault of the software, but either way an improved workflow for installation would be beneficial.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're considering this software as an IT department head then I'd suggest considering something that can be installed and configured easier. This requires one of your team members to work with each setup and configuration, which could eat into valuable IT time. I can't recommend an alternative however, this is the only corporate IT VPN provided I've used.

Connecting a secured VPN environment in order to work with an enterprise client and adjust onsite secured servers they maintained.

Software Engineer

"Clean and minimalistic UI - generally stable when properly configured"

What do you like best?

- UI is very clean. Few buttons, it's very straightforward and quick to connect.

- Very stable once connected to the VPN. I think I have almost never seen it fail.

What do you dislike?

- Unfortunately sometimes it's hard to connect. This generally happens in case of misconfigurations.

- If I close the laptop lid without before exiting from Pulse Secure, I'll get it in a weird state for which DNS lookup gets somehow broken and I have to restart my laptop.

- UI is so minimalistic that there is not much to try out when something fails. I wish there would be some diagnosis center or logs or a help center.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Easy to use, make sure you don't tamper with the DNS settings because it can cause problems. Configuration is not straightforward.

Used to connect to VPNs.

Founder
Research

"Amazing platform for managing data load."

What do you like best?

It is quick, easy to use and my department has people who were helpful is explaining its use. I've personally used it for managing how many users submit jobs to a computing core and how those jobs are managed. For a project, 6 of us had to design an auto encoder (machine learning model) and perform computationally intensive calculations. PSVTM was used by our team to manage the job submission and computing usage data.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really, I have liked Pulse a lot so far.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Their online user manual is very helpful in explaining the basic architecture of Pulse Secure.

It was used by our Statistics team to monitor user data. For a project, out team had to submit computationally intensive jobs to an HPC cluster, and PSVTM was used to better manage the process.

Sr. Consultant

"" An Efficient Enterprise VPN solution""

What do you like best?

I have used this VPN product for more than 3 years. It is the best VPN solution. This is one of the very simple VPN features multiple regions connections. It requires very less memory to install and supports a lot of features. After connecting to the network I didn't face any lag.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it disconnects automatically. This is not recognizing the private network frequently. I have to manually choose the location. If the network is slower then it will keep on disconnection again and again.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is highly recommended for Big organizations.

I mostly use it for working for home situations. Our servers are not reachable directly so we are bound to connect to pulse for a secure connection.

ORISE Research Fellow
Government Administration

"Pulse Secure Review"

What do you like best?

The interface for Pulse Secure Virtual Traffic Manager is easy to use and generally does its job as expected. I use the software when connecting to external networks outside my office, and it fulfills these responsibilities. The best feature is the visual display that shows my connection status and if there is anything requiring attention.

What do you dislike?

At times, the connection will fluctuate when I have not moved my laptop or done anything that would change my network status. It also disconnects automatically after a certain amount of time that is predetermined. This amount of time is relatively short, so sometimes I will have to connect to the network several times while working from an alternate location. This can be tedious and time consuming.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try for working remotely- it is easy to use and helps tremendously.

This has allowed me to work remotely and access my files and information from any public network. The ability to do this opens up my accessibility to coworkers and also my flexibility with working outside of normal business hours at my desk. This has created a lot of more work productivity and greater results being achieved by not being restricted to normal working hours or location.

Software Engineer
Defense & Space
(10,001+ employees)

"Simple and easy to use"

What do you like best?

The best feature of Pulse is its ease of use. No multiple pages of settings, no confusing menus; you set up a few fields one time and it just works. The stats available for review make it easy to troubleshoot pain points of applications.

What do you dislike?

My only complaint is the UI needs updated. The design is slightly outdated and could use some touch up. Besides some UI tweaks the software can be slow. It takes a lot of memory to run due to the nature of the application but I think it could use a bit more optimization.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a great tool for managing user connections and it's simple for employees to use, a benefit which should be overlooked.

Pulse allows me as a remote worker to connect to my company's intranet and collaborate with fellow employees. Being easy to use and unobtrusive keeps me productive and allows me to focus on important tasks.

Manager - Demand & Supply Planning
Food & Beverages
(10,001+ employees)

"Great for Secure Internet Usage When Utilizing VPN"

What do you like best?

This platform helps to encrypt browsing activity and therefore protect confidential company data while accessing the internet offsite from a company office.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike about this platform. It actively encrypts data and automatically connects VPN on computer startup when not docked into a secure corporate network.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

No major recommendations to share. This is a decent platform.

This solution has helped the company to actively protect its confidential information and relevant trade secrets from leaving the organization.

"When i need a Secure Workspace, Pulse secure is for me!"

What do you like best?

Solid endpoint security deployment for mobile devices.

Preserves the user experience, does not interfere with typical device

use while still protecting data.

Pulse Secure Makes it easy for a user to get access to a VPN.

verstaile, fast, easy to install and setup.

Great Product.

What do you dislike?

Refresh of credentials should not require VPN disconnect and maybe the price.

Provide a secure and remote access medium for users. Very flexible and can perform many intranet functions. Thus allowing work from home, or places that WIFI or hotspot is available.

The product works well. Even when a connection is lost, it will try to reconnect when the connection comes back.

UR

"Easy VPN Connection"

What do you like best?

I like that this VPN system is easier to use. All that is needed is the code that is sent to my phone and then logging in. I like that it is efficient and that there is not much necessary input from my end. I like that I don't need to access the system through a web portal. That reduces the risk of wifi connection issues messing with the VPN connection.

What do you dislike?

I wish the connectivity was better and I am not sure if that is a Pulse issue or something to do with my network with my company.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think it would be best if the connection could have a pre-selected choice. Where it remembers which connection I want each time I log on to it.

It has made my life easier when I need to continue to work but from home. I don't have to stress that my connection will always fail and I might miss a meeting or not be able to hit a deadline in time.

(10,001+ employees)

"Traveling Fundraiser who uses Pulse Secure for university database access"

What do you like best?

I have never experienced any "glitches" with this program. All I need is wireless internet access and I am able to use pulse to have access to my university's database from anywhere in the country.

What do you dislike?

We recently added a "multi-factor" authentication step in using pulse secure to access our database. I am not sure if this is a requirement for the program or an additional step added on our end for security purposes. It can make signing in feel tedious.

Before we used pulse secure, I wasn't able to access all the information I needed from the road when I was traveling and would have to plan ahead far more for my trips. Since we started using the program, I can work much more efficiently knowing that I will be able to tap into all the resources I need at any time.

Solutions Assistant

"Conectividad asegurada"

What do you like best?

Conexión a la intranet de la empresa en cuestión de segundos con el usuario LDAP corporativo. Además permite la conexión a todos los servicios corporativos como una VPN.

What do you dislike?

A veces la resolución DNS, si has intentado entrar antes, puede fallar, aunque es fácilmente solucionable mediante la limpieza del servicio DNS de Windows.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Permite conexiones a un gateway VPN de forma muy fácil y segura

La conexión con la intranet corporativa de mi empresa, cuando nos encontramos fuera de nuestras oficinas de forma ágil y segura.

CI

"Pulse Secure VTM (Enterprise VPN Solution) "

What do you like best?

Pulse will automatically match a physical ssl certificate as your login credencials on a remote proxy. Like many VPN clients it can be customized to fit any variety of locations/servers regardless of host system and hardware. Most useful secure protocols are supported, and you can script it to run at any given time

What do you dislike?

Most of the great features must be preloaded. There is no room for playing with different configurations without messing the m whole deal.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It resolves connectivity issues for trustful employees.

Business benefits are very clear. Pulse allows for multiple employees to login remotely to our infrastructure. This allows to perform HomeOffice

LIS Analyst
Hospital & Health Care

"Data Security "

What do you like best?

In our company we use Pulse Secure to provide our employees connectivity to the enterprise network especially when they are working remotely. Any device type is able to connect with the right credentials. Pulse Secure gives our company outspread security and protects our data.

What do you dislike?

There really isn’t much that I don’t like about Pulse Secure. It works as it should and I usually use it when I work from home. It has kicked me out unexpectedly once or twice but I’m always able to log in after.

Access documents from a remote location

Product Development Manager, Flotation
Mining & Metals

"Pretty Straighforward!"

What do you like best?

- Pulse is easy to use and generally does its job as expected.

- The best feature is the minimalist dashboard and status button that shows the if my connection is still active!

What do you dislike?

Couple of things that are troublesome:

- Its pretty hard to configure by yourself even if you are updating the version. The IT department has to do it for you.

- Sometimes the connection is problematic and its hard to determine the cause. I had to involve IT desk to solve it for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Its pretty easy to use just make sure you have somebody to configure it for you.

I used pulse VPN to connect to office drives when I am working away from office or from outside the country.

LIS Analyst
(5001-10,000 employees)

"Pulse Secure Virtual Traffic Manager is a secure way to VPN into the office network"

What do you like best?

Pulse Secure Virtual Traffic Manager is easy to use. You simply enter your credentials and login. Once your login has been verified, you have a secure and stable connection to the office network.

What do you dislike?

Pulse Secure Virtual Traffic Manager maybe easy to use, but extremely annoying to set up. Fortunately, my company has our IT Service Desk configure all company laptops with Pulse Secure before distributing them to users.

Pulse Secure Virtual Traffic Manager is used to VPN into the office network when working remotely, keeping our network secure.

Solutions Architect

"Good product"

What do you like best?

I really like the ability to have always on VPN. No more key fobs or apps running on my phone to provide a secondary authentication method.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the VPN doesn't connect correctly and I have to disconnect and reconnect.

Ease of use and reduced time to connect. Reduced helpdesk calls since there isn't an external secondary authorization method.

"Useful but flaky at times"

What do you like best?

Easy to setup and get started. The support website has great documentation available for all users that greatly helps the set up process step by step and also has a forum that greatly helps with troubleshooting issues from time to time. It does help to accelerate, inspect and direct traffic in real-time, control service levels, and reduce costs as it claims... when it worked.

What do you dislike?

Very flaky. It is not unbearable but it is not uncommon for the connection to the traffic manager to disconnect during the day. Many times I would have to re-login up to 3 times a day because it would disconnect.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would consider giving Pulse Secure Virtual Traffic Manager a try first through one of the trial options. I know the environment and hardware at my previous company where we used the manager was lacking a lot of support and was not the best. You may have a better luck with this tool depending on how your system and cloud is set up.

I did notice that when it worked, the company was able to enhance the user experience by boosting the throughput and performance of application testers. Performance was also greatly improved by the abilty of the manger to scale up.

Systems Support Analyst 3
Retail

"Systems Support Analyst"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use and provides a secure connection, even over a hotspot on my phone.

What do you dislike?

Since I have to pick something to say I don't like about it I'll say the passcode could be shorter. You have to enter an 8 digit code of your coding and the 6 digit code from pulse.

A secure connection.

(10,001+ employees)

"Intelligent Clustering, Greater Efficiency and Higher Performance and Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

pulse Secure Manager can be installed on any hardware platform, or VMware, Microsoft Hyper-V, or Oracle VM. Faster web pages with support for HTTP/2 connections. Traffic Manager can enforce an IP black/white list and limit the number of connections to a service

Boost the throughput of application servers by up to 50%, by offloading SSL and compression

Traffic Manager can restrict the number of requests (per min or sec) to a service, from either all or a set of clients

What do you dislike?

Bit difficult for installation and setup process

DNS Lookup stopped in sleeping mode also while in N/w Flocculate

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Easy to use, make sure not tamper with DNS settings. Configuration is not straightforward.

Connecting a secured VPN environment to work with an enterprise client and onsite secured servers they maintained.

UR

"Customer-friendly!"

What do you like best?

The automated VPN access to users is easy to use once set-up. I use it nearly every day for a quick email check.

What do you dislike?

I did not find the installation and setup process impossible, but it could have been easier at the same time. Someone had to show me how to do the configuration the first time around.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

As a user, I found the product hassle-free.

The largest benefit is connecting a secured VPN environment in order to work remotely from home. It doesn't take much time to do so, either. It seems stable when connected to the VPN and I don't remember it ever failing.

SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER

"Secured Connection"

What do you like best?

Its make my work easier, As i can take Work form home now. Now we can do our job form anywhere.

What do you dislike?

For now, there is no such dislikes, as it help us in more effective way and makes our life easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Its very useful for nowadays where most of the employee are willing to take work form home, in that case this tool help them most effectively.

Now no need to do work from company location. As now we can do our job from home.

DevOps Engineer

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

It follows the 3 clicks rule, click to connect, enter your credentials and click on accept the connection

What do you dislike?

For now, I don’t dislike it. The only thing I could say that need improvements is sometimes the vpn list you see on Pulse doesn’t show if it is working fine or not, you really know it doesn’t work after the third try, so pulse should put a status flag or somethings

Proving way secure vpn managing different profiles.

(10,001+ employees)

"Great security for businesses that are very concerned with security"

What do you like best?

It allows me to connect to our work network securely without having to worry about someone else penetrating the system. You make an 8 number pin and use an RSA token to add to the end which refreshes every minute so it's very secure.

What do you dislike?

There's really nothing to dislike about this. It may be a hassle to get into the system but if you're working for a company like a bank then it's understandable.

Connecting securely to the work network is easy enough but hard for others to penetrate. People need an RSA token and your pin to get in so there's basically no chance for them to penetrate from a distance

UA

"Nice VPN tool"

What do you like best?

It's easy to log in and use on a daily basis. I like that it keeps my data protected from people seeking to steal our data. The program has an icon on in the bottom right that moves when you login indicating it's in process. I like it that the VPN can be suspended without having to fully log out of the program.

What do you dislike?

I would like it more if it automatically popped up when I started my computer every day. I wish the display was bigger though but otherwise, it works great from the user perspective.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend they increase the size of the user display that we login to.

This is firm mandated VPN tool used to protect firm data. We use it to ensure that our proprietary data is safeguarded from online theft.

"Pulse secure"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Pulse Secure is that it is very intuitive and easy to use. Its interface is very simple, which simplifies the way of working with this software. The configuration you need to be able to connect to a VPN is very simple, they are very simple steps and easy to perform.

You can configure the time in which the connection is restarted.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, in the time that I have been working with Pulse Secure I have not found anything compared to the previous software. Perhaps, the time in which the connection is reestablished is short, but I suppose it is configuration of my particular company.

This software allows you to establish a VPN connection, which is very useful for working remotely.

"Pulse Secure—Does Just What It Says"

What do you like best?

Pulse allows me to access my campus servers from off-campus, an invaluable resource for my research.

What do you dislike?

It’s easy to forget to turn it off, and I find that I’ve been connected to another server for hours checking personal things (email and social media, for instance). It says it’s secure, but one never knows for CERTAIN.

Pulse Secure allows ease of access to campus and onsite materials from offsite without the arduous process of logging in every time I need to access a document. It’s much easier than other managers I’ve used in other locations.

(5001-10,000 employees)

"Secure your work using Pulse"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to install and manage. It works great with iOS devices where I can remotely connect to my PC using Ipad. The authentication process is very streamlined as well and hardly takes few seconds to secure a VPN connection.

What do you dislike?

It sometimes seem to bog down the network. It does not happen often but when it does the only solution is to restart VPN Pulse.

Remote connectivity to secure work data.

Journal Manager
Information Services
(5001-10,000 employees)

"Pulse Secure is Shockingly Easy"

What do you like best?

I like that it is SUPER easy to connect to my work network from anywhere with Pulse Secure.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, there is nothing I dislike about Pulse Secure. It's easy and simple to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

USE IT!

Pulse Secure keeps employees connected to the server from anywhere and is very secure.

Product Security Engineer
Computer Networking

"Pulse Secure Security"

What do you like best?

Pulse Secure client allows people to VPN directly without having to go through a browser

What do you dislike?

When switching between Ethernet connectivity and Wi-Fi there is a minor disruption in the app and takes a couple of minutes to load

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Pulse Secure manager load balances traffic well and is a much efficient way to stay securely connected to your Intranet without the pain of generating a token each time and trying to connect.

Pulse secure app caters to a wide variety of platforms,, controls real-time traffic through VPN and is cost-effective

Network Voice Engineer
Retail

"It’s great"

What do you like best?

Interface works well. Easy way to login vpn as a home agent.

What do you dislike?

Nothing in specific as everything works as expected and sometimes I feel it’s slow

VPN