ProjectHuddle Reviews & Product Details

ProjectHuddle Overview

What is ProjectHuddle?

A WordPress plugin for website & design feedback. Sticky-note style feedback on your designs and web projects. White-label, self-hosted and powered by WordPress.

ProjectHuddle Details
Bulgarian, German, English, French, Spanish

A WordPress plugin for website and design communication.

WeBuild
Milano, Italia
1,093 employees on LinkedIn®

Answer a few questions to help the ProjectHuddle community
Have you used ProjectHuddle before?

ProjectHuddle Reviews

Showing 8 ProjectHuddle reviews
Already have ProjectHuddle?
Creative Director
What do you like best?

Project Huddle is by far the easiest and most effective tool in my design communications arsenal. I honestly can't say enough good things about it.

This plugin has empowered my clients to give direct feedback during all phases of graphic design, branding, and visual marketing projects. From initial concept, through drafting, to final approval I am able to receive productive communications about my working designs in a fast and easy to use way. Since all comments / annotations are directly viewable on design mockups, the editing / drafting process is smoother than anything else I have tried. The same holds true for website design. Project Huddle is capable of mapping comments to virtually any part of any page and will stay in that same location until they are marked as resolved. The comments are not only emailed to both you and your client, they are also logged on your core site for easy tracking. Resolved comments are then archived within the project for later reference (great for billing, client meetings, etc.)

Last thing I must add is that the comments themselves become complete communication threads, so you can have back and forth conversations within any given comment for easy tracking. What's more, is that there is even a screen shot automatically included as a point of reference when you are reading or responding to comments on your home site.

Support is stellar. The creator obviously understands his user base and responds quickly to even the dumbest questions. I can personally attest to this fact. Lol. But seriously, if you have a support issue, tickets are resolved quickly, clearly, and professionally. The plugin receives regular updates and has only gotten better with each iteration. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes clients get confused about the process of logging in to their WordPress site first, or remembering to use the provided access link. So, the training process in the beginning with new clients can be a little frustrating. However, that is probably true of any project management solution that I have tried implementing.

I would like a way to confirm and confirm project huddle connection to my client sites from my within my home site. If something goes wrong with the connection - I won't know until the client is frustrated with my lack of response. This may be my own learning curve here, but I wish there was a way of being alerted when something isn't working - so I can catch it before the client does. ;)

I also wish that projects were able to be visible on the admin dashboard. It would be very helpful to be able to customize my viewport so that I can overview more quickly, in way that works best for my flow. Maybe this is a big ask, but I dislike having to search through submenus to get to the information / communications that I would like to see up front. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Project Huddle helps to cultivate productive relationships between client and designer. Communication with regards to your active projects has been simplified in so many ways. The Dashboard of my own site becomes the commination hub, connecting me directly to the font end of multiple clients websites, design mockups, and proofs. It's the next best thing to having face to face meetings - and (if I am honest) preferable. Clients are empowered to directly annotate on and within projects (without affecting your designs) helping you to get to what really matters. (often avoiding hours of unnecessary conversation and emails). Issues are quickly resolved and projects come to completion with ease and clarity. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I work with all types of visual media clients. Communication needs to be very clear and comprehensive, in order to avoid costly (time wasting) mistakes. Project Huddle gives a helpful visual reference to virtually any digital design, photography, print, or web project communications. Conversation threads are trackable, giving everyone involved accountability, and the peace of mind that comes with being able to quickly resolve issues and finalize projects.

This plugin has easily integrated into my core website, alongside my project management and billing plugins without any issue / conflict. It is clearly well designed from top to bottom and I feel confident that I will be able to continue using this long into the future. (I have been using it for two years already). The clarity of communication is also reassuring and helpful for most of my clients who need an easy way to be able to make simple requests, give feedback, ask for support, or quickly upload content for use at a specific location within their project.

For the less technical clients there is a little handholding in the beginning, but training them into using this process it WAY easier than anything else I have tried with my high-need / low-tech client types. Just sayin, it saves me a lot of headaches.

My work days are so much smoother since I started using this plugin. I know that probably sounds really overstated... but it is true! I generally start my day by checking the activity log inside this plugin. This gives me a quick overview of what needs doing, and helps me to quickly map out my day. It's almost like having an automated checklist made by my robot assistant. Let's call her Mary.

I simply prioritize the list as necessary, and check them off as I go. Clients are made aware by email when issues are resolved. I can follow up with additional emails if needed, or get straight to billing - using the plugin's project archive as a way of creating billable line items. :) $$$ Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Mr
What do you like best?

The support is great - the ease of use for the client is great - it makes my company look great - it uses our logo so seems whitelabel as if it's our own software Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Like most software there is a period of learning how it works and getting it setup. After getting it setup and using it with the first client though, it will be simple. Like everything, once you know it, it's easy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you design anything and you want feedback from your clients, then I would say get ProjectHuddle. I'm very glad I did. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Getting feedback from a client on a project. It would seem to take ages and the clients would miss things. Plus it maybe not clear what they're taking about. With Project Huddle it's all visual, right there in front of you. The clients must either leave comments, or approve the designs. I had sent the designs over and got all the feedback I needed the same day. It's so quick and easy. Saves us time and makes us look awesome to the client. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
What do you like best?

What I like best about ProjectHuddle is it's simplicity and reliability. It's something I have to get my customers (who are often not very technical) to use, and because it was built with ease-of-use in mind— even my most technologically illiterate customers pick it up right away.

The team at Project Huddle has continued to improve the product— but not by stuffing it with unnecessary features, instead they make sure everything is stable, works effeciently and continues to be the best way to collect client feedback during the design and development process.

I also enjoy the fact that I am able to send proofs over for graphic design work (like flyers, brochures, logo design etc.) which comes in handy since my agency also provides graphic design services on top of website design services. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I really don't have any complaints about ProjectHuddle— it's exactly what I need! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I can't imagine trying to build websites for clients without this tool. If you want to make client feedback a breeze, I can't recommend ProjectHuddle highly enough! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm able to get through the client feedback portion of websites much quicker and with less back and forth than ever before. Trying to do this kind of collaboration through email is difficult (having to explain where you want changes made) but with ProjectHuddle it's as simple as point, click, type.

I routinely get compliments from my customers about ProjectHuddle. I have lost track of the number of times people told me they wish they had this on past project, or asked for a link so they could implement a similar solution for themselves (specifically when I'm working with other agencies in a white-label capacity).

I've even started to use ProjectHuddle as part of my maintenance plan features so that customers can quickly and easily request changes to their projects. Since the software doesn't load for logged out users (because of the settings I selected) it doesn't have an impact on the website for visitors, but works perfectly for when my customers login and want to provide feedback. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Digital Producer, Corporate Video Creator, and Video Marketer
What do you like best?

Collecting feedback is visually friendly. It really delighted me to have clients be able to provide comments directly on websites. It was such a time server and saved us from getting those long bullet based emails with hard to track revisions. It has some nice ideas on how you can streamline your communication with different user access types and automated email triggers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

First off, it's very unstable. The tool is great when it works but I've had many issues with the plugin having disappearing comments and seems like the way it manages sessions causes conflicts with user accounts getting me blocked by my sites firewall regularly for it's sketchy requests. The development cycle is also very slow. Many of their feature requests have been "under development" at the top of their request board for over a year with no sign of any update coming. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's worth trying out and I hope it improves over time. The idea is there but it's not ready for professional use with reliability issues plaguing the plugin. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It allowed us to smooth out the communication process between clients and designers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

André was quick to help solve a weird technical problem affecting a client and ourselves. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Having to manually connect sites to the ProjectHuddle dashboard is a tedious necessity due to the security settings on the sites we develop and launch. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

ProjectHuddle enables clients to comment directly on the sites we develop for them, taking a lot of guesswork out of reading lengthy emails and enabling us to deliver what the client wants. It also helps to replace TrackDuck, the tool we used to use prior to ProjectHuddle, which became obsolete. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It's easy to install and use, and the support has been excellent so far when I have had questions! The summary emails are super helpful for both me and my clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike so far! I have no complaints. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Buy it! And once you do, don't be afraid to ask for support, Andre is friendly and helpful! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

My clients are now able to add notes wherever they'd like content changed, or wherever they're noticing any issues with their websites. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Project Huddle has been a game-changer for gathering feedback for websites and design mockups. Our clients love it as much as we do! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike or see as a downside. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

ProjectHuddle has saved countless hours of back and forth with clients. Streamlined the feedback process and lets the client know as progress has been made which saves emails and multiple review calls. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner/Makeup Artist
What do you like best?

I love that ProjectHuddle is a plugin that you can put on each website you need feedback on. It isn't a stand alone program that a person has to switch back and forth to give feedback on their website. it is easy to install and to implement and for me had little to know learning curve. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I can't say I dislike anything about the program. I would like for there to be a dashboard that brings in all the comments for each website or something that alerts you to when a user logs on and makes comments. Other than that it is a good, straightforward plugin Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need something that is simple and don't mind adding in a plugin that you will later need to remove or at least deactivate this is for you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Getting feedback on any website design can be a pain especially if a person is using email to try and describe where and what they need a change on or what they like etc. This keeps it all on the website that is being implemented and makes it so much more visual and user friendly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.