4.9

ProfitWell provides subscription and SaaS metrics that are 100% accurate and absolutely free. Sign up takes 1-click, giving you access to your monthly recurring revenue, churn, lifetime value, and all of your other necessary subscription financial metrics. Integrates with Stripe, Braintree, Zuora, Chargebee, Chargify, Recurly, and others with the ProfitWell API.

Work for ProfitWell?

Learning about ProfitWell?

ProfitWell Reviews

Ask ProfitWell a Question
Showing 81 ProfitWell reviews
ProfitWell review by Steven B.
Steven B.

"Easily the best free financial tool for SaaS business"

What do you like best?

LOVE the UI/design. The dashboard is very easy to customize with "tile" reports showing raw number + % change + data visualization. Easily see current MRR, current customers, this month's growth, churn, retention, trials...all in one place. Slack integration is awesome, real time customer activity feed to show real time failed payment, expansions, churns...

What do you dislike?

Honestly my only complaint (and this is a very nit-picky design critique) is that when I am on the customers tab and I click into a specific customer, I forget to click the "X" in top right to close the individual customer view and often just swipe to go back a page. However, the UI does not change but the URL does (eg I am still looking at customer John Doe's information but the "page" has gone back 1 or 2 pages) so that when I do close out of the view I am at a completely different page.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want an excellent free financial tracking platform for SaaS revenue and customer retention, can't go wrong with Profitwell

- Better understand real time MRR + customer growth/churn/retention

- Saving money vs ChartMogul. We get all the same functionality for free

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about ProfitWell
ProfitWell review by Austin M.
Austin M.

"Essential Business Product for Small to Medium SaaS Companies"

What do you like best?

Several things are great about this product:

1) The metrics are accurate (most important)

2) You can't beat the price (free)

3) Super simple to setup (one-click)

4) It allows you to set goals (make sure you are moving your business in the right direction)

5) History allows you to see how you are comparing overtime.

At PagerTree we used to calculate all these metrics by hand, usually taking 4-8 hours. Now we don't, just check out the dashboard in ProfitWell.

What do you dislike?

Really I can't complain. One feature I would like to see developed next to the SaaS quick ratio, is a company valuation feature that combines revenue and quick ratio to determine a rough company value.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are serious about your company, and increasing revenue/sales you need this tool.

It's making sure we are making sales, moving the needle forward and growing the business.

What Subscription Analytics solution do you use?

ProfitWell review by Tyler W.
Tyler W.

"Absolute Essential for SaaS Businesses"

What do you like best?

Free, fast, easy integration. We use Stripe. We also use their retain service for our app. With how fast the SaaS industry moves, you need at a glance reporting every day. It's not affordable for a startup to have someone full time run reports. PW resolves that problem. With retain, PW resolves a collections team/agency. Their support has been great for us to answer our questions.

What do you dislike?

There are limitations to how software can treat reporting via API. So it cannot take into account every customer anomaly.

PW has resolved our issues of being pressed for time and money as a bootstrapped startup SaaS company doing whatever is necessary to make it. So glad that at-a-glance reporting is not something we have to worry about staffing for or paying a ridiculous service fee for. The retain service guaranteeing 100% ROI, is a big plus too to not worry about collections.

ProfitWell review by Marc P S.
Marc P S.

"A clean fresh system that helps me keep an eye on my figures"

What do you like best?

Retain - automagically collects lost money and keeps our customers paying. Pre-churn clients are emailed, chased and saved. The graphs and charts are clean and fresh and always showing you important data.

What do you dislike?

I didn't find this and start using it 2 years ago! We probably could have increased our revenue by 10-20% having this sooner. If I invent a time machine I will go back in time and set this up sooner.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start now - you will not regret it - you will regret delaying once you start - so stop delaying - I wish I had done it 2 years ago! This is keeping us more accurate and ensuring that we collect money quickly, easily and efficiently. The best thing about this is it is pretty much set it and forget it. Saved money on auto pilot.

Keeping a close eye on MRR and Churn. Having great looking charts to see what is going on in your business is awesome. All my team have access to see the figures that are important to them.

ProfitWell review by Tejas P.
Tejas P.

"ProfitWell reports help me to be on top of my MRR and Churn"

What do you like best?

1. Super Easy Reporting Dashboard

2. Super Easy Integration

3. The fact that the reporting part of the tool is FREE

4. Ease of Exporting various reports related to MRR and Churn

5. The fact that I am able to use various reports they have in my weekly leadership meetings.

6. I like their Customer Support too. Their responses are always in time and more importantly complete.

What do you dislike?

Nothing in particular. ProfitWell is really great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go ahead and plug this tool in.

Basic Reporting - I use their base tool which plugs in seamlessly to my customer data and provides insights related to MRR and Churn. This helps me present facts to my leadership and therefore take necessary actions.

Retain - a Considerable amount of SaaS business is lost because of Delinquent Churn. PF's Retain is a product that has perfected a mechanism to reach out to customers who may be churning delinquently. They serve up a series of rich dunning messages via email and other notifications to help you recover business. We have been able to recover considerable business on an M-o-M basis.

ProfitWell review by Christoffer K.
Christoffer K.

"Profitwell is a SaaS business best friend"

What do you like best?

Profitwell is our go-to reporting tool for Waitwhile to understand our business revenue health from a revenue and retention standpoint.

It provides accurate, reliable MMR/ARR numbers automatically from Stripe (and makes it easy to supplement with manual transactions). By setting a monthly MMR growth goal in Profitwell, it keeps us focused on driving continuous growth and its daily performance email is distributed to our entire team - everyone loves it (at least on the good days!).

The charts over MMR growth are extremely easy to read and have been super useful for business reviews and investor conversations. Same with Churn decomposition and retention.

The Profitwell Retain product automatically helps us combat churn and has been a super useful tool in our toolkit.

What do you dislike?

Profitwell does not provide any Cost-related data, only Revenue. It would be amazing if we could connect it with our Bank account (SVB) and automatically include our operating expenses in Profitwell to show true net profit.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a SaaS business, don't think - just use ProfitWell now. It's free to get started with and will help you make better business decisions from Day 1.

Understanding our Revenue and Churn performance and health. Before Profitwell, we were basically flying blind.

ProfitWell review by Jack H.
Jack H.

"Super-awesome SaaS dashboard for free"

What do you like best?

ProfitWell has all the metrics you will need in your dashboard, is one of the easiest tools to set up and understand, and completely free. They make their money through other products, such as Retain (basically Dunning software) which, by the way, is also really simple to set up and use and makes subscriptions with expired credit cards a breeze to recover.

What do you dislike?

Would be cool if the UI was responsive so it worked nicely on my phone as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Really looking forward to their new engagement metrics (arriving in the next few weeks), which will show at a glance which of my customers are engaging with my product the best and which ones are at the most risk of churning. My recommendation is to get involved in this as soon as it's available - if it's anything like the rest of their product it will be totally awesome.

I use ProfitWell for both my SaaS products and it gives me all the insights I need into the financial status of my products, helping me make calculated decisions instead of shooting blind. It has also made recovering expired cards completely effortless.

ProfitWell review by Clifford A.
Clifford A.

"Awesome Insights into my SaaS to help my grow it smarter for FREE!"

What do you like best?

We just launched our SaaS a few months ago and came across ProfitWell from one of their blogs on pricing. It took minutes to setup and the metrics are presented beautifully and in an easy to consume manner. The insights offered based on metrics measured has helped us grow our SaaS. I love setting goals and getting the daily updates. My favorite was getting you reached 1900% of your goal on my birthday :)

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike, especially for a free resource.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it! You don't have anything to lose. It's everything you need as a SaaS startup to measure what matters so you can focus growing your business on numbers you can rely on.

Easily measure and manage my key SaaS Metrics from church to growth rate and customer overviews. Stripe nor my app offer me anything close. This saves us a ton of time, helps us grow our business and saves us money. All for FREE!

ProfitWell review by Cody M.
Cody M.

"ProfitWell Provides Much Value and Insight"

What do you like best?

There are not many analytics platforms that connect to Stripe, but I'd venture to say that ProfitWell is the best of them. ProfitWell understands tech startup needs, and provides the right measurements for small teams like mine to quickly understand our growth and goals. They actually provide insight that I didn't know I needed, and I'm thankful for them.

What do you dislike?

I can't say a single bad thing about this company. They're doing it right.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Honestly, you cannot go wrong by looking into ProfitWell. They have created a platform that presents almost no barriers to entry. It doesn't cost anything to get started and begin seeing your data in actionable ways.

ProfitWell has helped our team at Ashore better understand our users, financials, and growth. We now can create realistic projections and make more data-informed decisions.

ProfitWell review by Ryan M.
Ryan M.

"All the metrics you need - simple"

What do you like best?

ProfitWell user experience is super slick and really allows you to drill into the data that matters with simple navigation and great looking graphs that are not just vanity metrics.

What do you dislike?

They are missing a great forecasting tool, which would allow you to really dig into the data and project forward with similar metrics. In fairness, they do have an automated goal tracker and predicted column on all metrics. I think a tool that would allow you to forecast on your actual MRR / Churn etc would be super beneficial. Can't complain though as the tool does what it promises and does it well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have been looking for a great SaaS metrics tool that is affordable as you grow! This is the one. It will help you clarify the metrics that matter month on month and increase your accuracy - all automated.

We were able to move from having our Financial Data in our accounting software and payment gateways with a manual spreadsheet to having ProfitWell provide a day by day account on what is happening. We can now set a monthly target for the team to achieve which has lifted our Growth Rate and given us clarity around when in the month we are at risk of slowing down etc. It has been a game changer.

ProfitWell review by Jeff B.
Jeff B.

"ProfitWell is a great, easy to use tool to measure your sales/retention growth!"

What do you like best?

It's simple, easy to understand. They've got something for everyone. If you want just the base model (free), you can do that. They have some upgrades that you can also explore.

Next, their team is highly responsive, engaging, and take criticism well.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any complaints per se, though I do wish they had more integrations to push data out (e.g., Geckoboard or other dashboard tools for reporting, and the ability to manually override certain transactions such as when a "discount" gets counted as churn).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't forget that they aggregate a lot of data and freely share that (after they carefully anonymize the data, of course!). This includes a lot of very helpful and beneficial data.

Talk to some of their other users/customers, but, honestly it's free so other than investing a couple hours in integrating with your billing system and seeing the financial health of your company, it's a pretty quick and painless evaluation.

Measuring:

* Sales

* Churn

For the companies I've used this with it's been super helpful for the teams to know how we are performing, what our growth curve looks like, and the ability to extract and dissect data.

ProfitWell review by Lee H.
Lee H.

"Powerful tool to track performance metrics"

What do you like best?

We use ProfitWell as our source of truth for data related to customer revenue growth, revenue churn, and other important growth metrics. Because the tool is easy to use and provides great ways to visualize our month to date progress and the trends for our important business metrics, our leadership team uses ProfitWell on a daily basis.

What do you dislike?

It would be great to have more control over which Stripe payments are displayed in the monthly dashboard metrics. It's possible to exclude a customer from the dashboard, but it's not possible to exclude a particular customer transaction. There are billing edge cases and sometimes it's necessary to have more control over what is included to ensure monthly reporting is accurate. Also, I'd appreciate the ability to drill into the total for the Cash Flow Breakdown to see the individual transactions behind Refunds, One-Time Payments, etc.

Before we standardized on ProfitWell as our source of truth, we lacked a common frame of reference for tracking our most important growth metrics. We depend on the tool to monitor the health of our business. The data visualization tools give us the ability to quickly identify problem areas.

ProfitWell review by Scott B.
Scott B.

"ProfitWell shows my SaaS data better than any of the other platforms I've tested"

What do you like best?

It makes it really easy to visualize and compare months in any time period. Lots of other platforms show you previous months, but being able to compare same month 1 year or 2 years ago on all the metrics is great. I love the goal line graphic presentation. This is not to say others don't offer this (I also have an account with baremetrics and chartmogul) but I've found profitwell the best at visually displaying my data.

What do you dislike?

I wish it had a bit more tie into Braintree so I could take advantage of some of their other features (like upcoming churned customers that month). I also wish I could adjust the way it recognizes a churned customer (I prefer to remove the customer from our system the moment they have quit, not at the end of their subscription period).

Recommendations to others considering the product

I've used chartmogul and baremetrics (still use baremetrics) but have found that I go to profitwell the most each day now to view and interpret our SaaS metrics.

Faster interpretation of the health of my SaaS subscriptions. I find I have better visibility than what I get with the other platforms.

ProfitWell review by Steven B.
Steven B.

"Great App for getting SaaS financial understanding"

What do you like best?

Profitwell is able to quickly calculate key data like MRR, cash, growth, etc. They can show what is going on in stripe in a easy to understand way.

What do you dislike?

They aren't able to include all deals in their service. The system does not Include deals in MRR that aren't set to autorenew in stripe, but should still be in MRR - right now they show as one time payments. But actually the customer just didn't want us autobilling them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is worth looking at if you don't have a clear understanding of your metrics.

Profitwell gives us insights into the cash, churn, and financial metrics of a Saas business.

ProfitWell review by Arvid K.
Arvid K.

"ProfitWell takes the sigh out of revenue insight"

What do you like best?

I'm using ProfitWell to keep an eye on the revenue metrics, particularly since I don't have the domain knowledge as a technical founder to extract or even find them without serious work. The product is free, and their upsell product is non-intrusive.

The Stripe integration is superb, which makes ProfitWell almost hilariously easy to set up.

The UI was reworked recently, and is now (even) more clear and concise. The visualizations are understandable and instructive, and their customer support is excellent - I had a small hiccup with my Stripe plans and they resolved it immediately.

What do you dislike?

The few wishes I have would be to have more insight into how ProfitWell calculates certain values and to have a way of forecasting a full year, but that is certainly a non-essential feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If nothing else, ProfitWell will present new insights into your business. It has a great Stripe and Slack integration and their marketing is subdued and friendly.

I need to keep track of my metrics. Actually, I need to find out which metrics are actually there to keep track of. ProfitWell allows me to browse current and historical data about my subscription plans, which led me to understand how well CLTV correlated with plan choice. That alone intensified my marketing efforts.

ProfitWell review by Cyril G.
Cyril G.

"The Best Financial Dashboard we can use"

What do you like best?

The fact that we can assess the financial health of our company in a few seconds on one page and how the daily email helps us focus on our growth targets. The fact that it is free made it easy to decide not to develop our own financial dashboard.

What do you dislike?

We would love to see a historical graph of the free trials and the ratio of users that converts to paying users

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is free so trying it is really a no brainer

We didn't know how our growth and churn were performing and if it was seasonal or not. We can now run promotions at the right and implement tools to reduce churn

ProfitWell review by Antonio R.
Antonio R.

"Metrics under control"

What do you like best?

ProfitWell simply put all the metrics I need to run my business (https://ludwig.guru) under my nose.

Simple integration, great UX, neat design and great customer support. My team and I love it.

What do you dislike?

The only thing they are missing is to integrate Stripe and PayPal in one account. Having two separate accounts is a bit of a pain. A minor flaw in a perfect piece of software.

They could add something for A/B testing too.

We use it to control Churn, MRR, Revenues and other KPI's. I use it every day. If you are running a SaaS business you, then give it a try.

ProfitWell review by User

"Really helps us to report to our current and prospective VCs!"

What do you like best?

Simple! Really easy to plug in your data. Even if not all your data is in Stripe (or one platform), I can add "offline deals" manually. I also like that the team creates great contact that I can learn from and that I often share with my team to rethink our pricing strategy. I am sure these guys will go a long way!

What do you dislike?

Once you go into data, there is always one more query we want out of it. There are a few queries that we cannot do today. But we have been using ProfitWell since early 2016 and have seen it progress significantly, I am hopeful that it will only get better and will even enable the most complicated queries.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you check out their blog (also the Pricing Intelligently blog). They do a great job on those, I learned a lot.

Reporting on our team's performance. Raise venture capital (for a startup like us this is a big deal)! They are always a good source to find out what we are currently doing and they send emails to keep the team on track. Really well done product.

ProfitWell review by Pawel B.
Pawel B.

"Instant, accurate and reliable SaaS metrics"

What do you like best?

I love using the product. It's simple but the insights derived are very useful. Contains just the right level of complexity to be useful without getting us bogged down with unnecessary clutter. Also, their engineering team simply rocks, whenever I had to interact with them I was absolutely impressed with the thought they put into the product.

What do you dislike?

Not much really. I think it would be useful to know more about how they forecast the metrics for the current month but that's a minor thing. I love the product and the team.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it. It's a no brainer. Especially if you are growing the company from $0 MRR, this is all you need to get started. It seriously helped us to get a better handle on our key metrics.

Setting monthly MRR targets and tracking the progress. Monitoring cash-flow. Monitoring churn/retention.

ProfitWell review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Does the job. Great team."

What do you like best?

I think this sounds kind of negative, but I mean it so, so positively - I love ProfitWell because it does exactly what it says it does - it accurately tells us our numbers and does it with no uptime issues. We switched from one of their competitors because of this basically, and we haven't been disappointed, which is great. The reason the accuracy is so important is we use this data to report to our board and team. We ended up getting burned by another product as we were reporting the wrong numbers, which caused us not to be able to plan effectively.

There was an added bonus we didn't thin of, which was the team behind ProfitWell. They're the folks behind Price Intelligently and the content is just insanely good. When we on-boarded they ended up reaching out and we asked them a few questions that lead to us getting a ton of free analysis around what we should be doing with our churn and pricing. We didn't pay them anything and they never asked for anything, which was an experience I've never really experience after 15 years working in software. Was really cool. Plus, ProfitWell is free. Made me a little nervous when we signed up, but they explained the business model, which made a ton of sense (they make money through add-ons and such).

What do you dislike?

Fundamentals are strong, but want more features - always more features. They're working on some cool stuff, but we're a bigger company, so need a lot more to have ProfitWell fully replace our reporting. I"m assuming they'll get there, but we'd need some of these things to fully replace our reporting stack with ProfitWell.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Anytime you think you may have an issue, just ask the team. They're amazingly helpful.

We're using thew product mainly for our financial and customer reporting, which allows us to accurately know exactly what's going on at all times, which is great. Love the ability to also click down into any number to understand exactly what's going on with it or what aspects make up a particular change.

ProfitWell review by Trevor W.
Trevor W.

"My daily go-to for the cleanest business perspective by the numbers."

What do you like best?

Profitwell has become my daily geek-out on business performance and analytics. I love the simple but accurate presentation and clean, understandable alignment from data set to data set.

What do you dislike?

There may be an obvious answer here but reporting customization opportunities seem to be a bit limited.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A great addition to your general business management tools, both front end and back. Keep it simple or dive in a little deeper, ProfitWell provides a great vantage point for SaaS business performance evaluation.

Our self built analytics were providing a deep data set but shallow analytics opportunity

ProfitWell review by Danny V.
Danny V.

"A very useful tool with some interesting insights"

What do you like best?

Its got amazing breakdowns of monthly profit, churn, retention and other items that make it worth it

What do you dislike?

It doesn't represent our annual plans or bundles in a way that helps us see the whole picture

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think you should get some ideas of what kind of insights profitwell can show you with your own data before buying but overall its a great tool.

We are solving problems like getting insights into the number of users we have, their ARR, MRR, and churn rates, it also helps us with delinquent churn and fine tuning our offerings.

ProfitWell review by Tim B.
Tim B.

"The one stop shop for SaaS metrics"

What do you like best?

I love this company, and the services they provide. It allows me to keep the finger on the pulse in terms of what is going on in the company I work for, though its well thought out dashboards.

What do you dislike?

That I can't get Apple App Store stats, but that is the fault of Apple, not Profit Well!!

We had a number of different methods and systems to calculate chur, report revenue etc. We use Profit Well so we can report using one set of numbers and definitions that we trust.

ProfitWell review by Jerre B.
Jerre B.

"Handsdown the best financial SaaS metrics"

What do you like best?

I love how super easy it is to get insights into important KPIs. Personally, I mostly use the growth and revenue trends overviews. Projections are also really useful. Apart from that, I love the simplicity of Retain. It's saved us quite a lot of churn without any effort!

What do you dislike?

Honestly, the only minor "issue" I run into is that I have multiple platforms on PW, but they only support one platform per account so I have to sign in and out of multiple accounts.

Great retention improvement with minimum effort.

ProfitWell review by Jake P.
Jake P.

"Insanely useful metrics for SaaS companies"

What do you like best?

It's really easy to tell at a glance how we're doing with our growth, and it's great to be able to set a goal for each month. Plus the email & Slack updates I get each day prompt me to keep an eye on our metrics. Oh, and Retain—what can I say? It saves us a bunch of money, and it was zero setup.

What do you dislike?

It's a little tricky to navigate the app on mobile—I'd love to see a native app, or a mobile version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a go! The team's great, super responsive, and the product just works.

We get detailed insights into our SaaS metrics. It lets us focus on growth, not reporting. And makes it a breeze to share our metrics with the team.

ProfitWell review by Thomas G.
Thomas G.

"Great software to track MRR"

What do you like best?

Unlike competitors, Profitwell is quite conservative in what it calls MRR: it gave me a clear and accurate picture, while other softwares were overestimating MRR.

The integration with Braintree was also very simple (using OAUTH, while others softwares asked me to go on the Braintree backend and generate credentials for them)

And well, it's free, which doesn't hurt!

What do you dislike?

As of today, ProfitWell doesn't support multiple data sources. This was an issue for me as I was considering switching from Braintree to Stripe, and would have appreciated to be able to aggregate all of my data to 1 dashboard. Apparently they got this feature coming for 2018 though.

Seeing a clear picture of MRR, being able to give clear updates to my teams every week.

ProfitWell review by August K.
August K.

"ProfitWell - Accurate SAAS Metrics Made Easy"

What do you like best?

I like the accuracy of ProfitWell's SAAS metrics. They compute MRR expansion and contraction immediately instead of waiting for the next billing cycle. MRR is also more accurate due to the way they include delinquent churn. Unlike their competitors they support the more advanced subscription features from Stripe such as multiple product subscription items per single customer.

What do you dislike?

The main dashboard could be a little better. i.e. It would be cool it it included more of the Growth Rate

metrics like ARR, Quick Ratio, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out.

ProfitWell helps me understand the health of my SAAS business and gives me the motivation to keep going!

ProfitWell review by Thibaut D.
Thibaut D.

"The best SaaS business metrics dashboard I ever used"

What do you like best?

What hooked me with ProfitWell at first was the "growth" tab and especially the ability to set monthly goals, which ProfitWell automatically tracks and sends updates about throughout the month. As I report on a weekly basis to my team, it's very helpful to tell them if we're on track with the objective.

In general, the reporting is the cleanest, and most accurate I've seen in all the softwares I tried.

What do you dislike?

As a conscious design choice, ProfitWell doesn't go beyond a monthly granularity, on any view. This works to keep the app clean and useful at a glance, but is a straight up limitation when you need to go beyond that.

Honestly, you shouldn't really need to check business metrics on a weekly/daily basis (at least as someone working on Growth I probably shouldn't spend time worrying), but since I report every week, it could be helpful to get a snapshot of that specific week instead of the evolution from the beginning of the month.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the "Growth" feature, it's awesome and will go a long way in saving you time when comparing your metrics.

Not: I've only used the ProfitWell app dashboard. Didn't check the other Price Intelligently tools, so this review is focused on what I used.

Saving tons of time in reporting and not having to check other apps. I still use other tools from time to time but ProfitWell is now my go-to business metrics dashboard. I don't need to click around and fiddle with views to understand what's going, I just open it up and I'm good to go.

ProfitWell review by Mariano R.
Mariano R.

"A must have tool to track your Startup health."

What do you like best?

It offers you a glimpse of your subscriptions status. First thing I look in the morning after my coffee. The support team it's awesome but hopefully you won't need it because the app works great.

What do you dislike?

Not much, would be great to have more than one Stripe account connected, but I know it's something on the roadmap.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Totally worth it.

It keeps track of the most important KPIs for a Startup, specially a SaaS one. You can keep track of different revenue sources in one place.

ProfitWell review by Błażej A.
Błażej A.

"The best SaaS metrics for free"

What do you like best?

I like using the main dashboard where I can set up a monthly goal. Metrics are clear and methodology is a little bit different than in another solution like Charmogul, so you can compare results in both and be more accurate.

What do you dislike?

There is no one strong thing that I can mention here. Time to time something does not working as it should, but these are minor things that not disturb in using a product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Worth to test. It's a free product that can give you lot of insights. No-brainer deal.

ProfitWell helps us with better understanding churn and offers predictions so we can easily estimate results.

ProfitWell review by Jonathan B.
Jonathan B.

"Reliable, helpful and extraordinarily well designed"

What do you like best?

ProfitWell's interface is one of the best designed I've ever used, and they've kept on making it better since we started using it. It gives us quick and easy insights into our sales, MRR, ARR, projections, and how well we're growing over time. They give us an amazing set of tools for free, whereas other analytics companies would charge for it.

What do you dislike?

There's really nothing to dislike. I would like to see a video of their premium products, such as Retain, without having to request a demo.

It solves our need of sales analytics without us having to write custom reports ourselves. It gives great insight into our churn rates and other important data such as LTV and MRR.

ProfitWell review by Brian S.
Brian S.

"Great tool to gain SAAS insights"

What do you like best?

I use ProfitWell everytime we have a SAAS finance related question. Before we started using ProfitWell we had to manually calculate things like MMR, upgrades, downgrades, churn, etc, and we were likely wrong a lot of the time. ProfitWell gives a solid baseline on the basics, extends into the more complicated metrics like LTV and Revenue Retention, and also covers us for more advanced analysis like seeing which of our plans has the most revenue, cohort growth, etc.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike. I guess there's a lot of different screens to move between in order to see all of the information? Not sure how you'd show as much info as they show on one page.

See the 'what do we like best' section; this allows me to have a firm grasp on the financial state of our company without being a expert in SAAS financials. We use this data to make financial decisions, verify if the experiments we're running are working, and this serves up the data we need for our investors.

ProfitWell review by Sofia Q.
Sofia Q.

"It just works!"

What do you like best?

Simple interface, constant improvements, and transparency. The team is very helpful and their content adds a ton of value to SaaS companies like ours. ProfitWell is the whole package!

What do you dislike?

Customer statuses could be better, sometimes customers are marked as canceled when they are not. Apart from that is all good.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just do it =)

Keeping track of my SaaS metrics, sharing data and goals with my team and keeping on top of changes in cash flow, churn, and growth.

ProfitWell review by Eva R.
Eva R.

"LOVE ProfitWell - great product for recurring revenue businesses."

What do you like best?

I love the easy to digest metrics and retain widgets - really helpful when working on projections and looking for trends. I've even told my dev team to recommend to their other recurring revenue clients.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really to report besides VERY occasionally the pages load slower than usual, but that's normal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for any company of any size. These guys are dedicated to making a great product.

The business problems are solved just by having metrics and insights to growth, churn rate and retain methods at our finger tips. They do all they for you with user friendly filters and GREAT UX/UI.

ProfitWell review by Austin F.
Austin F.

"Love these guys ! "

What do you like best?

Their tool is super easy to use, no set up required, and their team is awesome and helpful.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything I dislike about this product.

This tool helps me quickly and easily spot problems and get an overall picture of product health. I especially like that you can split statistics by plan so that if you have 2 different plans you're using to charge your customers , you can see how each plan is performing separately.

ProfitWell review by Chris R.
Chris R.

"I Measure My Business' Health With ProfitWell"

What do you like best?

The app is intuitive, data is well organized, and it has every metric that I need to see how our business is doing month to date, or over longer trends.

What do you dislike?

When I get emails that we are behind our goal for the month :) But, the accountability is great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try! It's free to start and they offer a lot of support as you get going, so I've been really impressed with the company.

I am using the data inside ProfitWell to project our cashflow, decide how often to focus on selling our annual vs monthly plans, and determine how much I can spend to acquire a customer. I also constantly look at our trialing users to predict who will convert to a paying customer, and how that will impact our MRR.

ProfitWell review by User

"Profitwell for SaaS business"

What do you like best?

Profitwell is a great product with awesome freemium features. It integrates directly with our Stripe account, and makes setting revenue goals easy. I really love the monthly projections for revenue and churn, as some other products we use just display revenue or churn to date, which is not helpful as it is not forward-looking.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a segment integration available, as this would make integrating Profitwell with our application much easier. I also wish there was more clarity around which dashboards are pulling in complete data from Stripe vs. which use our "virtual plans.' The nature of our business requires us to segment our users by plan, but in order to take advantage of the full capabilities of Profitwell and get actionable insights, we'd almost need to have 2 Stripe accounts and 2 Profitwell accounts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Profitwell has a great freemium product but we haven't yet seen a need to pay for a subscription. There is a wealth of revenue/churn data within Profitwell that would take analysts a lot of time to make in any other product. It comes ready to use right out of the box, so there's no real risk in giving it a try.

Segments and cohorts have been the biggest help to our business in trying to solve problems like: which user groups churn the most, what monthly cohorts have the highest retention rates, what countries do our most valuable customers reside in?

ProfitWell review by Nelson J.
Nelson J.

"The heartbeat of our business"

What do you like best?

Profitwell was so easy to set up and start getting value from. We've been using since day 1 to measure our SaaS metrics 100% accurately. The daily emails keep everyone on the team up to date with the latest revenue numbers. At previous companies, this type of data took a full time employee to calculate.

What do you dislike?

Doesn't have quite as many segmentation options as some competitors.

Knowing what our SasS metrics are minute to minute keeps our entire team focused on what matters. Having to pull this data manually would be a massive time investment

ProfitWell review by Elias N.
Elias N.

"Great tool to manage our subscriptions"

What do you like best?

ProfitWell has a great set of charts for us to manage our subscription clients but what we find most useful is that they provide also data about failed payments. That way we can act immediately and get in touch with our customers.

What do you dislike?

To my realization they don't change the tag on the customer page, once a payment is settled but apart from that there isn't something our team dislikes and even that it's not something that important.

We're using ProfitWell almost exclusively for subscription and payment analytics. They do also provide some great insights and archive concerning payments and basic KPIs which is also a great plus.

ProfitWell review by Jackson N.
Jackson N.

"Great product - free, actionable KPIs to build your SaaS business"

What do you like best?

Their Stripe integration makes it dead simple to review our KPIs. Analyzing the performance cohorts, viewing churn rates by plan types, etc. — all dead simple with ProfitWell. Plus others charge lots of $$ for this and it's free with ProfitWell.

What do you dislike?

From time to time, we have some odd transactions, like when a customer stops paying us by credit card and moves onto an annual plan paying by check/ACH. ProfitWell will, by default, present this as a churn and a new customer with affects our metrics.

Maybe we could adjust this ourselves with their API, haven't tried. But luckily when this occurs, the ProfitWell support team is super responsive to make manual adjustments in their backend.

KPI tracking, easier metric gathering for meetings, goal setting, etc. Plus we just started using their credit card dunning and have seen a reduction in delinquent churn.

ProfitWell review by Greg K.
Greg K.

"Effortless SaaS metrics"

What do you like best?

Before ProfitWell, I had to compute stats manually, which was time consuming, so I rarely did it. Now, I just have to log in and it's all there: customer count, churn, new business, MRR/ARR, historical data, and predictions of customer count and revenue, and more. The daily emails of progress are nice, too, as are the customizable goals.

What do you dislike?

Could be mobile-responsive, but on a desktop it's great.

Saving time not having to compute metrics. I also use Retain (which I also recommend) which automates follow-up for customers whose recurring payments have failed.

ProfitWell review by Nick G.
Nick G.

"Great way to track your growth"

What do you like best?

I really like being able to set growth goals each month and track how I'm doing against them. It's a really clear graphic and easy to set goals. I also really like the activity feed so I can quickly check new signups, upgrades, and downgrades.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it takes 30 minutes to an hour to see a new signup show up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's free and easy to setup, so I recommend diving right in a giving it a shot to see if it works for you. Their support team is responsive and awesome.

Profitwell is helping us track our growth and compare it to past results in an accurate and clear way that we couldn't get with just the data from our payment provider and database. We're using their retention feature as well to reduce delinquent churn.

ProfitWell review by Administrator

"A Must-have for SaaS Companies"

What do you like best?

ProfitWell's analytics is a fantastic free tool for SaaS companies. It is so easy to connect your Stripe account and immediately get deep insights about your subscribers, churn, etc without having to do any Excel math. In some ways, ProfitWell becomes a lightweight CRM to quickly reference a customer's financial history.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there is a confusing metric and I wish there was additional explanation from ProfitWell within the app about how it was calculated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is no barrier to try it out - just connect your Stripe account and ProfitWell generates its insights automatically.

Better understanding our metrics, seeing trends and reducing churn.

ProfitWell review by Simon M.
Simon M.

"Powerful tool to understand your SaaS business"

What do you like best?

Profitwell makes it extraordinarily simple to understand where your SaaS business is going right—and going wrong. Their charts are simple, yet detailed, and they have the right mix of customizations too. Their support has been outstanding.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, nothing. Have yet to find a problem that Neel and Patrick didn't take care of instantly—amazing team.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just do it. It's ex

We're trying to scale our SaaS business—growing the customer base, and especially trying to get the *right* customers. So the insight into our growth is crucial.

ProfitWell review by Alexander C.
Alexander C.

"Great software, easy to use, and free !"

What do you like best?

There are quite a few SaaS metrics dashboards but the only free one I have found was Profitwell. Tried a couple of others and PW was not lagging behind in anything.

What do you dislike?

Would like more segmentation options and connection to other sources like Google Analytics for this segmentation

We use it as our go-to dashboard for our product metrics

ProfitWell review by Samuel C.
Samuel C.

"A service each subscription business/SAAS company should use"

What do you like best?

Profitwell gives us a vital view on some core metrics of our business. It's free and does way more than many services that charge +$100/month.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. Profitwell is great and should be used by each subscription business/SAAS company. It's a powerful tool.

We are able to have a view on vital metrics of our business just by connecting ProfitWell to our Stripe account. Since we've started to use ProfitWell we are feeling confident about our metrics and are sure that we are not missing any important piece of data.

ProfitWell review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Amazing tool for SaaS metrics"

What do you like best?

MRR calculation and Goals around it, so everyone on the team is committed to the same goal.

What do you dislike?

The collaboration model is not working well to allow one user, such as investor or mentor, to access many different companies dashboards. It also does not allow to save some views in a shared way, such as plans breakdown, so, every time o go back to the dashboard, I see the saved view.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Must use if you are a SaaS company.

Its our main dashboard for keeping track of our goals and unit economics. We use it on our daily basis to check the health of the company and make sure everyone is aware of it. Anyone can do anything, as soon as help on metrics :-)

ProfitWell review by User

"I love everything about this product and the company behind it. "

What do you like best?

ProfitWell is intuitive and pleasing to work with. I find myself coming back to it all the time because If I have a SaaS metrics question, it usually provides the answer. Another huge plus is the company behind it seems really good. Their support is great and the dev team keeps rolling out new stuff. Great product and company overall.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing i dislike about ProfitWell. It would be cool if when I looked at the ''over all churn'' graph I could break it down by plan with a click of a button on that same screen...but this is a minor detail and there is probably a way to do this I'm not quite aware of.

Recommendations to others considering the product

don't hesitate to reach out to their friendly support staff.

Profitwell calculates our churn and LTV so we don't have to spend time doing this. Also, using their retain service, we get automation that helps us recover delinquent customers that maybe didn't realize their CC expired.

ProfitWell review by Justin M.
Justin M.

"Everything you need to know about your business's revenue"

What do you like best?

Love that it has all the data we need right at our fingertips. Really like how I can quickly see who has cancelled, but not yet churned out.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to really dislike. Looking forward to future updates and ability to choose what metrics are on my dashboard.

I have a monitor dedicated to ProfitWell so it's always in view. We know exactly what our numbers are aside from just revenue (such as churn).

ProfitWell review by Adam T.
Adam T.

"I love profitwell so many muches"

What do you like best?

Profitwell gives me all of the key metrics I need for understanding my SAAS business so I can see trends, understand progress, and have the visibility I need to make informed decisions. As a bonus, the beautiful charts/graphs make preparing for investor meetings a snap.

What do you dislike?

There are times when I wish that I had more reports and more flexibility for slicing and dicing the data in Profitwell, but I'm certain that the team is making great progress on this for future updates.

The main problem it solves is understanding trends in bookings and revenue for my SAAS company. The benefit is that I can view and interpret the data without having a finance degree (or much aptitude).

Learn more about ProfitWell

ProfitWell Videos

Learning about ProfitWell?

* We monitor all ProfitWell reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
4.9