Pinegrow Web Editor Reviews & Product Details

What is Pinegrow Web Editor?

Build websites faster with Pinegrow Web Editor

1-25 of 28 total Pinegrow reviews
Most Recent Pinegrow Web Editor Video Review
Web Designer
Internet

"Create webs interactively with Pinegrow"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to use the application and how intuitive it is to create a website with Pinegrow that also uses Bootstrap, another great tool to create static websites that adapt to all sizes and current devices (responsive design ).

Technically it works in a stable way and without problems during the construction of a web, its interface is very beautiful visually and updated. Also it is updated very often which is to be appreciated. It also offers versions for Windows, Linux and MAC.

What do you dislike?

The price of the application, although it is a good application I see no reason to pay so much money existing free alternative applications, although it is true Pinegrow is much more intuitive than its competitors the price is exaggerated.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend using Pinegrow for web design if you are looking for a way to create websites quickly and with good results, especially if you are creating static HTML websites is a great option because the result is very good thanks to the use of Bootstrap. I also recommend using the trial version for 7 days before taking the step to buy the license.

It is very fast to create static websites, so it helps us not to waste time that we can use in other tasks, besides the result of the designs is very professional. Even being a WYSIWYG application the code generated for the HTML website is a very competent code if we compare it to that generated by other applications.

Web designer

""Make networks intelligently with Pinegrow""

What do you like best?

I cherish that it is so natural to utilize the application and that it is so instinctive to make a site with Pinegrow that likewise utilizes Bootstrap, another incredible apparatus to make static sites that adjust to all sizes and current gadgets (responsive structure ).

In fact it works in a steady manner and without issues amid the development of a web, its interface is extremely wonderful outwardly and refreshed. Additionally it is refreshed all the time which is to be valued. It additionally offers forms for Windows, Linux and MAC.

What do you dislike?

The cost of the application, in spite of the fact that it is a decent application I see no motivation to pay quite a lot of cash existing free elective applications, in spite of the fact that it is genuine Pinegrow is significantly more instinctive than its rivals the cost is overstated.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I prescribe utilizing Pinegrow for website architecture in the event that you are searching for an approach to make sites rapidly and with great outcomes, particularly on the off chance that you are making static HTML sites is an incredible choice on the grounds that the outcome is generally amazing gratitude to the utilization of Bootstrap. I likewise suggest utilizing the preliminary rendition for 7 days before making the move to purchase the permit.

It is quick to make static sites, so it encourages us not to sit around idly that we can use in different errands, other than the aftereffect of the structures is proficient. Notwithstanding being a WYSIWYG application the code produced for the HTML site is a capable code in the event that we contrast it with that created by different applications.

WEB DESIGNER

"THE BEST FRONT END WEB EDITOR - PINEGROW WEB EDITOR"

What do you like best?

- This program is easy to use to build websites with different designs and features. You are able to select website layouts as well as backgrounds and pages.

- One thing I love about Pinegrow Web Editor is that it is visual Oriented. It bridges the gap between front end design and development in a way that it gives me more ownership over my web projects.

- I also liked how easy it was to switch views inside of the program

- The ability to integrate with other JS framework, like Bootstrap, Angular JS, or Foundation. Its really an all-in-one web design tool for me.

- Pinegrow Web Editor supports SASS and LESS style format, an affordable WYSIWYG editor as compared to other html editors.

What do you dislike?

- There is no free-permanent package for this software and the price is not so cheap.

- Sometimes the code gets jumbled as you are editing.

- Does not support Hybrid platform and also sync with the cloud.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

- A good software for Front end developers as it has Pinegrow's Angular and Wordpress integrations.

- Easy to create quick mockups for presentations.

- Easy to make quick modification and changes of the work with clients

- Take your time to learn, It is worth it and don’t give up when it frustrates you

- I use the software to create mockups for presentations to various teams, to show them ideas I have in mind based in already made templates.

system administrator

"Pinegrow review 2019 "

What do you like best?

I honestly not sure I’ve ever seen a more beautiful code editor on the market than Pinegrow. The editor provides edit-in-place functionality along with real-time responsive previews. Best of all, Pinegrow doesn’t add any frameworks, layouts or styles to your code. Plus, you can create custom Wordpress themes in PInegrow that speeds up the production process. This editor puts Dreamweaver to shame and has stayed up to date. As a software platform, it's nearly perfect!

What do you dislike?

Three versions of the program is a tad too much I rather have one program so educators, students, and professionals. Can share the same features and enjoy the total power of PInegrow!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Once again I wish it had an IOS version for my iPad Pro

The UI makes it difficult for first-time users here at my place of work. But, once everyone got on board we put away Dreamweaver and been Pinegrow users.

Interactive Director

"Great for getting started with Bootstrap"

What do you like best?

Easy to drag and drop elements. It allows you you design visually while also producing code. This is a great learning tool for people getting started coding html and css. You can edit text as if you were using Sketch, but it actually produces the html & css for it. The program writes good clean code, nothing like the nonse Dreamweaver outputs. Supports Bootstrap, Foundation, WordPress and much more!

What do you dislike?

Editing the code is a bit more cumbersome that using a program like Coda or Text wrangler, so ultimately when I got a good handle on Bootstrap and it's elements I switched back to a more traditional editor (Coda). Editting CSS wasn't quite as easy as just typing but it was helpful if you have less experience with CSS.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The trial is full featured so take it for a spin before buying it.

Being able to visually get a handle on how the bootstrap framework works and looks.

FAMILIAR FOME BUSINESS
Graphic Design

"BUILD A WEBSITE FASTER WITH PINEGROW"

What do you like best?

Pinegrow is an awesome web editor: maybe what I like the most is that I can choose one of its many themes and that will become my main web page to edit. After that, I only have to click on the content I want to edit, then click on the "edit" option, and then I start adding my own content. Can it be any easier? I don´t think so. Another feature I also like is that I can add CSS or code right if I want to edit any part of my site! I believe that Pinegrow will change the way we can build websites in a quick way.

What do you dislike?

Even though I love Pinegrow, I hate to say that it has some flaws: first, it would be better if they offered a lot more templates so that we can have many alternatives to choose from; this way, I think that Pinegrow would become a lot more popular. In addition, the site gets to be really, really slow, because when I add a new theme, it takes sometimes one or two minutes for the theme to load properly.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think that this is a nice software for creating websites quickly. if you want more variety or you want to customize the sites you create with Pinegrow even more, then you´d need to know a bit of coding.

With Pinegrow, I can create a website quickly and efficiently so that I can share with the world all of my knowledge and services. I like that there are tools and software like Pinegrow that help me create a site in a couple hours so that I can spend most of my time doing bthings related to my core business area (freelance design).

Physician Assistant, Thoracic Surgery
Hospital & Health Care

"Definitely worth it"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to use. I am new to the field and had trouble getting started in design. This software however made it so simple for me to learn quickly and become a productive member of my design team. Definitely worth using and taking the time (which isn’t a lot) to learn.

What do you dislike?

What I didn’t like about this editor initially was the Vast different options and buttons and I felt really overwhelmed, but once you take the time to sit and learn it really is easy to use and user friendly. I don’t have many bad things to say about this.

It’s fast, which in New York City, is EVERYTHING. I meet all my deadlines and not only does it make me look like an awesome employee but it’s actually great work!

"A real complete web editor"

What do you like best?

Pinegrow has been rapidly evolving to a really good web editor. It is one of the first to give multiple views within a screen if they can fit. This means being able to make decisions from web to mobile.

What do you dislike?

Pinegrow can be a little cluttered until you customize it. The ability to update the app via the software would be nice. Currently, you need to download and install over the existing version.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want a complete and affordable professional web design editor with a variety of payment options, buy Pinegrow.

It takes into account working with all the most used technologies without having to use a code editor. This includes Wordpress, Angular, Bootstrap, Foundation, and Materialize. You can also upload themes found on the web and easily customize them.

Digital Designer and Developer
Public Relations and Communications

"Sleek!"

What do you like best?

I really like the sleek, clean interface that Pinegrow offers. All of the tools you need are in a clean, yet accessible layout and is super easy to use.

What do you dislike?

The price tag. It is awfully pricey compared to a lot of the free tools out there and I do not see myself purchasing it over those free tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Beware of the price tag. If you're a beginning web design or developer, this tool would be helpful on a commercial level.

I was quickly able to edit PHP and Javascript files easily with all of the tools at my fingertips. No real interface customization required.

Owner
Design

"Amazing tool for front-end developers"

What do you like best?

As a web developer, I can say that this is a wonderful tool to reduce the time required to build an HTML+CSS website, since you can build everything visually, without (sometimes) even looking at the code.

Also, the Wordpress integration is very great, helping a developer create templates very fast.

It also comes with an option called "Bootstrap Blocks", that are pre-loaded pieces of code that save you a lot of time, specially when it comes to mockups (for production sites you might prefer to code your own styles).

They have video tutorials available that can help you get used to the program.

What do you dislike?

Some might say that the price is not too high, but considering the benefits, I would highly recommend it.

Even when the interface might seem familiar, it takes some time to get used to all the options available.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Even when it is a WYSIWYG tool, it is highly recommended to know a great deal of HTML and CSS before using it, since you need to understand the different options that you will be using.

Also, remember to watch the video tutorials available. They will save you a lot of time while learning the tool.

The main benefit I've found using Pinegrow, is that I can reduce development time considerably, specially when it comes to build a Wordpress template (assuming you've paid for that option).

Programmer
Computer Games
(10,001+ employees)

"A Super Tool to Create Magnificent Websites"

What do you like best?

As a web programmer, this tools helps me a lot in creating web design. I love how they design the control panel. Its simple and elegant, all the buttons were clear and descriptive, the main space is big and i really love that they make the background black, instead of white.

They also provide an integration with other JS framework, like Bootstrap, Angular JS, or Foundation. Its really an all-in-one web design tools for me.

What do you dislike?

They don't have a free-permanent package !, and the price cannot be called as cheap also. I think they can provide at least a free trial (So far i didn't see the free trial button). Nowadays, there is a lot of free but powerful web design tools also, i think Pinegrow can also provide a free package with limited services.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Having a lot of issue with client in making a website ?, Use this software to create an early prototype to be shown to client. This will reduce the knowledge gap between you and client, thus will make your client trust your profesionality.

Pinegrow helps me to create a mock-up website easily and fast. This tools help me in doing my job, so i can make an early prototype to be shown to my client. This result in reducing misunderstanding between me, as a web programmer, and the client. If the programmer and the client were on same page, development of website can be easier, since there would be minimal revision or correction from client. So basically, Pinegrow helps me to do my job easily and helps to increase trust of my client.

Merck Vaccine Contract Representative
Pharmaceuticals

"Pinegrow Web Editor"

What do you like best?

What do you dislike?

The program can be confusing to new users, but once you learn how to use it the website becomes much more efficient.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend this product to people considering a web design program because it is very easy to use for beginners. The program features allow the user to create website from their personal preference.

Pinegrow Web Editor allows you to create websites for different businesses depending on the market. It provides benefits to all companies because each company uses a website for different purposes.

Founder
Internet

"Intuitive interface and great results"

What do you like best?

Pinegrow is easy to use for any audience. You can create mockups for a new client, create wordpress templates, create html5 templates. Imagination is the limit

What do you dislike?

I have been using this app for a few years, and so far there is nothing I don't like!

I use the app to create mockups for my clients, to show them ideas based in already made templates. I can import any page using the URL and make the changes I need to do.

Owner / Founder

"Pinegrow Good, But Not Perfect."

What do you like best?

I like the visual and code editing. It seemed like a good process. I also liked how easy it was to switch views inside of the program

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the code would get jumbled as you were editing. I also didn't like how they started upcharging for Wordpress features. We quit using it due to the pricing model and what felt like continual beta updates.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Front end developers may enjoy Pinegrow's Angular and Wordpress integrations. Backend developers, not so much.

We are no longer using Pinegrow. I think if we were building apps and things that weren't interdependent on external content managers we might use it more. If I were building more freestanding apps and integrations I think Pinegrow would be a great solution.

UF

"Great tool for designers who want to get better at coding"

What do you like best?

I like how visual of a tool it is. I feel it really bridged the gap for me between front end design and development in a way that gives me more ownership over my web projects.

What do you dislike?

It took me longer to pick up than I would have liked as it feels like despite the interface being relatively simple, some things were nested or hard to find. Simple things like placing images where you want them, rather than where they pop up, was something I struggled with initially.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a great tool for designers who want to gain experience and comfort with coding HTML and CSS at their own pace.

Pinegrow has helped me do both the design and development on client websites, so it has eliminated the need to work with a web developer on pieces of a project that I couldn't complete myself. It has also made me realize the benefits both financially and otherwise of fully owning a project from start to finish and has been very helpful in being able to bring my ideas to life.

Software Developer

"Ever the best tool for fast structured webpages"

What do you like best?

The supported frameworks, and the easy editing features. Unbelivable good property handling, and the component like elements is the best. The responsive design support is the best, never ever seen in other software, like this.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the speed, but it is normal in the web development.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

More frameworks, but it is not too important, because always have an alternatives in the Pinegrow.

Websites and admin backend mocup and some mobile responsive sites.

Web Designer & Developer
(Myself Only)

"This is a great tools for development"

What do you like best?

I really love the WordPress integration. It makes template construction and/or customization a lot easier and maintainable. The visual interface helps to keep things ordered in the best way

What do you dislike?

Pinegrow is growing at a really fast speed, so it's understandable that sometimes you got bug and performance issues, but I use it almost every day since its release and I can say it's not a big deal, and the development team is really fast with solving issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want a simple yet powerful system to build websites and WordPress themes choose Pinegrow

I am using Pinegrow to build WordPress websites and to updates it.

Business Owner
Internet

"Pinegrow is a Great Tool"

What do you like best?

I was an early adopter of Pinegrow and bought into their program for a couple of years. Their product was new at the time but their development team is aggressive and is constantly innovating the product.

What do you dislike?

There wasn't anything that I didn't like as much as I just didn't end needing the software as my business progressed.

Early on I was developing themes for wordpress. I no longer do that.

WebDesigner/Grafiker im Bereich eCommerce
Design

"Pinegrow a smart and strong tool for Webdesign"

What do you like best?

The direct, visualisation of the code template, the structuretree and the simple and easy use of the software

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is buggy, but now there was an update to version 4. I'll hope most of my minor problems will be solved.

Building little mockups or edit fast code snippets to create samples.

AT

"Pinegrow Web Editor Review"

What do you like best?

Help working with HTML and CSS more efficiently

Visual Interface

User friendly and intuitive interface

Wordpress integration (pro version)

Multiple page modification (can have mobile view in the same time editing a page)

What do you dislike?

The pricing since there is a lot of other option in the web which are free (like Bootrap, Wordpress...)

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Good to create some quick mockups

More for front end dev

Easy to make quick modification and work with clients

Reduce development ad coding time!

Counselor
Hospital & Health Care

"great way to edit web and data analytics"

What do you like best?

We loved how compatibe and accessible this was! It made our data analysts have a easier time developing web designs and other technologically savvy things!

What do you dislike?

We didn't like the cost and the layout. We were looking for something that could help us to let more novice people edit and web develop.

We are trying to find a better way to create an online store and/or webpage for our business.

"Bootstrap even easier"

What do you like best?

easy to use once you figure out how. CSS classes are simple but takes some time to learn.

What do you dislike?

being a hard coder, there were somethings that tripped me up in the beginning

Recommendations to others considering the product:

best web editor that I have found. learning curve but super simple

easy to manipulate. makes for easy static pages

Lead Preschool Teacher
Education Management

"Easy and effective "

What do you like best?

Easy navigation . You can multitask very easily . It is great for beginners who like design

What do you dislike?

The cost To many premiums features. Not app friendly . Technology has come along way

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take your time and don’t give up when it frustrates you

Graphic design and video editing

Designer
(Myself Only)

"Powerful webeditor, with a learning curve"

What do you like best?

Flexibility of use, can open sites from url.

What do you dislike?

An interface you need to get used to. Not to easy to use, but powerful.

Webdesign, prototyping

UE

"Using Pinegrow is a great timesaver and helps me learn"

What do you like best?

I like being able to see everything at once such as the css, html, preview, different window sizes, list of files, elements, page structure etc.

What do you dislike?

I have not gotten answers to my questions in the slack group.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go for it! You can use the trial, and be sure to watch the video tutorials they are helpful

I am streamlining the creation and maintenance of my websites. I am also moving to bootstrap 4 from 3.

Pinegrow User Ratings

8.3
Ease of Setup
Average: 8.6*
* Web Design Category
Do you work for Pinegrow?

Pinegrow Categories on G2