Adobe Dreamweaver

(2,413)

Visually design and develop modern, responsive websites. The world’s most complete toolset for web designers and front-end developers lets you create, code, and manage websites that look amazing on any size screen.

Work for Adobe Dreamweaver?

Learning about Dreamweaver?

Adobe Dreamweaver Reviews

Showing 2,413 Dreamweaver reviews
Dreamweaver review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising
Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Adobe Dreamweaver
Dreamweaver review by Holly C.
Holly C.

"Adobe Dreamweaver for Web Design"

What do you like best?

Well, the main advantage I can see of this software is that it is more visually oriented and less code oriented, so that might make it easier for some designers to use who are less adept at coding. Some of my classmates majoring in graphic design were very uncomfortable with code and much more visually inclined.

What do you dislike?

Personally, I prefer to just look up the code to do something and type it in. Some of the time, if a new feature is added to HTML and CSS, it might not always be immediately available/compatible with Dreamweaver and so sometimes its easier to just implement with a text editor. My experience with that is mostly when I used an old version of Dreamweaver, though, (CS4) and wanted to implement HTML 5 and CSS 3 features, but that version of Dreamweaver was not compatible with HTML 5 and CSS3 because it was old. That was years ago before Adobe Creative Cloud was released and I finally got a subscription to Creative Cloud because my software is old. I haven't really used Dreamweaver very much recently because I usually just work with CMS editors like Wordpress and/or plain text editors to write code for websites.

Sometimes its a little easier to see the design/layout of the web design you're building in Dreamweaver because it lets you see a visual and the code side-by side, which is a nice feature. I built several old versions of my portfolio site with Dreamweaver and several simple websites for clients with Dreamweaver before, but now I predominantly use CMS for website designs and plain text-editors.

What Web Design solution do you use?

Dreamweaver review by Kris B.
Kris B.

"An excellent web design program."

What do you like best?

The ease of use for the program is by far my favorite part of it. The end user should have little to no trouble getting started with a simple website design that Dreamweaver will happily guide you through as you learn the ins and outs of how it works. This may be on one of the most simple pieces of software I have ever used and helped me tremendously on learning how to design a website.

What do you dislike?

I feel like the layout can be confusing at times as I saved my work inside of Dreamweaver and then suddenly found that when I hit the save button that nothing was where I though and it would often crash the program so that could become quite an issue if you aren't careful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend this product to ANYONE who is trying to become more skilled within the web development community. This product is SO easy to use and I would also take the time to learn to use CSS as Dreamweaver has the capability to incorporate CSS stylesheets and will make your projects look so much better and gives you more versatility in design.

I work in the IT department at my current job and my supervisor likes to see us succeed so I am working closely with our own web development team to understand web site design more and I am using Dreamweaver to further my web development skills while also helping out within my company.

Dreamweaver review by Mick M.
Mick M.

"Comprehensive software tool for creating websites."

What do you like best?

Adobe Dreamweaver is a powerful tool that allows you to create websites both visually and with code, and the code it produces when used visually is quite good. I especially like the split view in which you have quick access to the code and the visual rendering of the page you are working in as if it was in the browser, but editable.

What do you dislike?

The current licensing model in which your only option is to have a recurring paid subscription. I would rather prefer to pay once and being able to use the software for as long as I wanted.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a tool to build websites that supports WYSIWYG (What you see is what you get) editing mode, then I recommend Adobe Dreamweaver even if it's more expensive than other tools in the market. If you are a coder, maybe you'll use a code editor such as Atom, VS Code or Brackets.

I used it as my primary website creation tool for years, it allowed me to build websites efficiently. Nowadays I use it in conjunction with other more code focused tools such as Atom, but I still keep it installed and use it sporadically.

Dreamweaver review by Raymond N.
Raymond N.

"Dreamweaver, Good For Those Who Know How To Use It. "

What do you like best?

If you understand the mechanics Dreamweaver is a good tool for building websites. It is the best for HTML, CSS and Javascript. If you understand it, know how to use it and you want to use to build your website then go for it. If you have and are familiar with other programs in the Adobe family they can work well together.

What do you dislike?

For someone looking for a "do everything for you" type of website building this application is not for you. Also Dreamweaver is not cheap. If you use Dreamweaver, you end up fine-tuning a lot of the code by hand anyway. Writing your own code is cleaner and faster.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely compare Dreamweaver to other platforms before jumping in, depending on what you are trying to do with it.

I first started using Dreamweaver in a computer class I took in college. We learned about different options on making our own websites and how to design code. Now I use it in my Business Support position. The benefits I have realized would be that know I can compare what I know of Dreamweaver to other website design platforms.

Dreamweaver review by Tim G.
Tim G.

"A powerhouse for web designers and web developers alike!"

What do you like best?

If you are looking for software that is capable of creating a beautiful website, Look no further. There are fewer better than Adobe Dreamweaver. You don't have to be an expert developer that knows every code language that's out there. In Adobe Dreamweaver, you can drag and drop or some very nice looking templates that you can fill your info into. However, if ya happen to already know how to code you can also build your website from coding scratch. Dreamweaver even lets you choose from the code languages. Everything is up to date with industry standards too. That makes this software good for any level of user. Adobe Dreamweaver makes creating an Ecommerce site too. No matter what you need your website for, the outcome is up to industry standards, looks elegant, and is likely going to further you in your business pursuit. All the major search engines, like Google, rate websites on several factors. A major factor that can send your website lower in a search is bad code structure. This is your SEO ranking. Dreamweaver produces code that will make your site pop up higher on the list.

What do you dislike?

Adobe's Creative Cloud isn't the particularly my go-to when I am looking for new software. Adobe products in general can be pretty expensive. That being said, I really do love their software. In my personal opinion, this software might be more geared for someone who is an established freelancer. Perhaps someone who already has several clients. It's a must have for a web design firm. Otherwise I could see how the initial investment for Adobe Dreamweaver might be too high. That's not to say it isn't a valuable tool. I personally still use dreamweaver, but my biggest dislike was by far the cost.

You can produce websites pretty fast that are elegant in their design and fully functional for your business needs. No matter what that need might be. There are many options for exporting your sight up to your server as well. I have found using an FTP server to upload directly from the software to my host's storage and file directory to be very helpful. It allows me to make quick changes to my website frequently as new info comes along. Another benefit of using Adobe Dreamweaver is the benefit of getting a higher SEO ranking. For someone who is freelancing. It's always beneficial to pop up first in a search engine like Bing or Duck Duck Go, or especially Google..

Dreamweaver review by carlos b.
carlos b.

"excellent text editor for our web projects"

What do you like best?

The great advantage of this editor over others is its great power of extension and personalization of it, since in this program, its routines (such as inserting a hyperlink, an image or adding a behavior) are done in Javascript-C, which offers great flexibility in these matters.

· As a WYSIWYG editor that is, Dreamweaver allows you to hide the HTML code for the user, making it possible for someone who does not understand to be able to create pages and websites easily without the need to write code. this makes it ideal to work on our web projects in addition to its help wizards and text autocompletacion for html, php and javascript statements

What do you dislike?

Dreamweaver's simple point-and-click interface encourages users, and especially young students, not to get involved in learning the language of codes, such as HTML and PHP. With Dreamweaver, everything can be achieved simply by clicking. Although it makes your life easier, the Web designer fails to learn the skills required to move forward. In addition, Adobe, the creator of Dreamweaver, releases a new version every three or four years. Each iteration comes with a plethora of new features and options. Equally, if you were just writing the code in Notepad, you would hardly occupy space. Dreamweaver requires 1.8 gigabytes of hard disk space. In addition, each project can occupy hundreds of megabytes of space, depending on how large it is.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Although the interface is a bit intimidating, it is really a first class software and very competent compared to the others that exist, I recommend using it

Apart from its disadvantages, it is actually a very efficient software to work with, I develop the pages and web applications that request me for the benefit of the company, as are the updates of our services on the web and the promotions we offer eventually, dreamweaver is very practical to work both for the development of static and dynamic web pages with their php codes and connection to data bases in mysql and generation of reports in pdf files

Dreamweaver review by Richard G.
Richard G.

"Un diseñador web Profesional "

What do you like best?

Adobe Dreamweaver es muy bueno para los trabajos profesionales ya que nos permite ver los cambios que efectuamos en el código en tiempo real a la vez que los realizamos , nos permite la visualización de las paginas web en casi todos los navegadores web, se pueden diseñar paginas web sin ningún tipo de conocimiento en HTML ya que posee un editor visual, esto es una muy buena herramienta para los usuarios que estén empezando en el mundo de la programación web o para los programadores que se basan en el Backend y necesitan crear un diseño de su aplicaron web.

Adobe Dreamweaver cuenta con un autocompletado dinámico que te ayuda a escribir fácilmente y de una manera mas rápida tu código fuente , también permite el uso de exenciones que ofrecen nuevas funcionalidades al programa.

What do you dislike?

se debe pagar un precio un poco costoso para usar el programa, el programa puede ser complicado ya que no es intuitivo y su interfaz gráfica es muy confusa, consume mucha memoria RAM, el editor visual y la visualización en tiempo real consumen mucho CPU.

Recommendations to others considering the product

recomiendo este programa por su facilidad que tiene para el diseño de paginas y aplicaciones web

Este programa se usa principalmente para crear el diseño en HTML y CSS de las paginas web de nuestros clientes de una manera mas rápida y sencilla ya que nos permitía ver en tiempo real los cambios que se efectuaban en el diseño.

Dreamweaver review by Groshilin D.
Groshilin D.

"Best HTML editor"

What do you like best?

The best thing about it is convenience, design and ease of use.

I can also note a very comfortable design. Everything is. Functions are the most important, they are enough, but I wanted to see them more. Plus it’s a smart system. She understands what size a picture or settings are needed for this picture.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the features in it. As for me they are located in a not very convenient place.

As I noted, there are not enough features. They are and there are many of them, but some are not. Like me, the person who uses this program very often lacks the function of auto color matching or gradient.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For those who want to use this software, I can say. First use the trial version. You need to understand whether you can work in this program. Once you understand that you need it, buy it safely! You will definitely not regret this purchase.

I can do an example html site for a presentation in ten minutes. It is very convenient and practical.

Dreamweaver review by Serenity Z.
Serenity Z.

"The best web design software"

What do you like best?

I began coding in 1997, then in 1998, I tried 3 other programs before Dreamweaver. The others were too elementary (Front Page), not the right design environment (Go Live), and lastly, more appropriate for coders, but not quite the right fit (Homesite). Dreamweaver was JUST RIGHT! It felt familiar...like getting on a bike after many years. It was intuitive, user friendly, has a design environment & a coding side that makes designing so much easier than coding. The learning curve is very small due to its intuitive nature. There are many design elements and implementations that make creating code a snap! I highly recommend it.

What do you dislike?

About the only thing I can think of that I don't like about Dreamweaver is that sometimes in order to change font code within an anchor tag, it would have to be done manually on the coding side.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is your best bet for creating professional website and having all the tools you need to best streamline your project(s).

I've been able to produce many websites over the years with Dreamweaver. The ability to create parts of a website easily and duplicate it, such as page features and templates, as well as drop down menus, forms and so much more.

Dreamweaver review by jose  y.
jose y.

"Adobe Dreamweaver"

What do you like best?

Dreamweaver is the very advanced web design tool. It is a very efficient tool once you start to use it well you will see its usefulness, especially in terms of productivity.

It is spectacular to design pages with professional appearance, and supports a good number of technologies, it is also easy to use.

It works in layers which gives it a lot of versatility in its handling, the codes it generates are of good quality.

Its adaptability to other products makes it very flexible and adaptable in terms of information transport of other tools.

Your verion 4 is very good with respect to a database adapting very well to fireworks

Among the programming languages dominating Dreamweaver, it stands out: MX 2004 are ASP, CSS, PHP, SQL, JSP, and XML. therefore when making the web pages are very high quality

What do you dislike?

You pay for the license of the program and its cost is high you can not buy it is a single package, once the web you must acquire domain hosting to upload all the presentation made depending on what you want your cost is variable and expensive.

It is not a tool for beginners therefore you must have prior knowledge of what you are doing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend it for the accomplishment of the high level works in the web page, in the corresponding to text contents since a user with little experience can make changes, updates and modifications.

For more experienced people I could get a lot of benefit in the tool for the amount of functions and adaptability that it presents.

The main benefit we have is that we can redesign web pages of our clients and that they can see the changes that are made in a real time and can make their observations without losing the time to bring and bring information and above all we improve their quality.

Dreamweaver review by Alfonso V.
Alfonso V.

"Intuitive and nice UI"

What do you like best?

be able to have a design and code division, also be able to check design updates and code in live mode, to make a better implementation or use of this software my personal recomendation its buy an extra screen, so you can split correclty the software on code-code, code-design or the profile of your preference

What do you dislike?

if you are a newbie you can waste a lot of time doing a local server, some of tutorials need to be more easy to make some things, or maybe a youtube channel with a tutorial series to tricks and stuff about the new implements of the software

problems with responsive designs, problems with badly placed grids and misaligned images, when you have a lot of experience using the program you can make amazing and wonderfull things, and if you know about garphic design you can make things more and greatest

Dreamweaver review by Dan T.
Dan T.

"The Perfect Blend of Coding and Visual Design"

What do you like best?

Adobe Dreamweaver provides web developers with the ability to create engaging online spaces with the precision of code, but with instant live previews of design. Because it is an Adobe software, Dreamweaver works extremely well with other Adobe products, such as Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator for importing optimized web graphics.

What do you dislike?

As is true for nearly all Adobe software, Adobe Dreamweaver has a bit of a learning curve to fully utilize it at it's full capacity. Extremely effective tools and utilities are scattered throughout the software, but users may have difficulty navigating the software to locate them. Dreamweaver, as one of the leading industry standard applications for design, utilizes high-level terminology for it's settings. This mean, unlike other web builder software that will explain as you go, users of Dreamweaver will need to understand the terminology used in the industry to be most effective with the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a user familiar with web coding (or coding in other programming languages), Adobe Dreamweaver may be right for you. If you are new to coding, Adobe is a great software to learn, but you will need additional resources to help get acquainted with the software.

As the Audio / Visual coordinator for a multi-campus religious organization, I utilized Adobe Dreamweaver to help create our church website, with multiple pages (including individual campus pages, pages for small groups and other church activities, and overall organization information. Dreamweaver allowed us to create a website using the live design functionality, while also providing the ability to tweak/revise specific areas of the site using code when the visual design tools were not making the cut.

Dreamweaver review by Clemente N.
Clemente N.

"my favorite html editor for websites"

What do you like best?

With Dreamweaver you can quickly create and publish web pages anywhere, thanks to the design that supports HTML, CSS, JavaScript and other standards.Thanks to the many pre-set templates, in a very short time we can create responsive websites, which guarantee optimal performance on all screens.Remote synchronizationBy accessing your Creative Cloud account, you synchronize the jobs developed in all the machines you work with: Desktop, laptop, at home at work, simply log in and all settings are synchronized. This makes it very easy to keep file settings on multiple computers. Even having all creative resources accessible from anywhere is a very useful feature.CSSThis software is also equipped with a useful panel to edit the css. By selecting an element, the calculated values ​​of the applied CSS properties are shown. The editor for css is also very useful, thanks to the suggestion menus.jQueryjQuery UI is now integrated on Dreamweaver and adding jQuery UI widgets is very fast. The complete list is available in the Insert menu. So, just choose the UI element from the menu and Dreamweaver does the rest, adding the necessary code, and incorporating both jQuery and jQuery UI libraries.

FTP.There is also integrated ftp software to publish your work directly on the web server.

What do you dislike?

It is a bit difficult to work on very complex projects in teams. Although there is the possibility of synchronizing data, this aspect is still difficult.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dreamweaver is a great web development tool. It adapts to all new technologies and new responsive web design structures. Moreover, having already some integrated elements, such as ftp, the css editor, interfacing with server programming languages, is very convenient in terms of saving resources.

Well of course the benefits are remarkable. By encouraging the creation of websites, it is very convenient to have templates for ready-to-use and more responsive templates. The integrated ftp software is also very convenient for publishing the job directly to your web server. All these features translate into time savings

Dreamweaver review by Maria Gabriela M.
Maria Gabriela M.

"The perfect tool for programming"

What do you like best?

The way to highlight and differentiate tags, properties and values by colors. The numbering of the lines, the wide variety of tools offered. Facilitates the life of the programmer. I love how the tags I use are completed. The facilities you have for the creation of tables, forms, the connection and synchronization with my server. I love the templates that it brings, especially the emails and the responsive ones. It would be perfect to have a version comparator, for example compare 2 versions of an html file, js or css.The Bootstrap components are wonderful as are the jQuery mobile.The Inspect feature makes it much easier to locate a code snippet from the code-live option.

What do you dislike?

Actually, I think there's nothing I do not like about Dreamweaver. I would like that I had the option to put the black background because it is more visually comfortable, in my case I see the dark background because of the theme that I use in my Macbook.It would be wonderful to have an autosave option and be able to configure it to do it every minute and minimize the loss of codes at the time of an unexpected closure of the application.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is an excellent tool for programmers. I recommend it 100%.

Actually they are not problems, it is a tool that has allowed me to schedule landing pages, forms, web pages. It's not a problem, it's a solution!

Dreamweaver review by roberto p.
roberto p.

"adove dreamweaver"

What do you like best?

I found Dreamweaver an advanced web design tool. Even if you are an expert programmer when you use it, you will always find reasons to use it, especially in terms of productivity.

It is good in the goal of designing pages professionally, and supports a large number of technologies, also very easy to use:

It is handled with style sheets and layers

Javascript to create effects.

It is also a program that can be updated with its manufacturer as other companies, to perform other more advanced actions.

The program is very satisfying, even the generated code is of good quality.

This program has advanced much in its new versions for its creation of very dynamic pagins, with access to database.

What do you dislike?

One of the difficulties is that being so advanced, and easy for the experienced, it can be a bit difficult to manage for people with little experience in web design.

We can also say that the cost of the package can be expensive even though we have to acquire them by hand.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Absolutely yes, I recommend the use of the tool although you can get some difficulty in principle you can download the tutorials and you will understand quickly.

Once you take the step you will see how practical it could be.

For this moment I am doing an update of the page for a company designed the micromedia has already been very practical, I do not deny my difficulty at first but I have taken the step and we are doing well in these updates and I will be using this tool so versatile practice and current.

Dreamweaver review by Kristen S.
Kristen S.

"Dreamy Dreamweaver"

What do you like best?

I like Dreamweaver best over other programs because of its stability. I have used Dreamweaver for many years, through many of its iterations of versions. I have trained many other people to use the software. I can say with confidence that it is the best software for webpage development that I have experience with.

What do you dislike?

The tools in Dreamweaver are extensive, and it can seem a bit overwhelming to a new user. The key to understanding dreamweaver is that it is very stable and forgiving and straight forward. I have never been unhappy with Dreamweavers usability

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Adobe Dreamweaver to any person, forum or group that asks for recommendations. I have used this product for many years and I think it is a great foundation for website develoment that others can benefit from. I have taught several people how to get started, I managed sites for other people using this production and I can say that it is a great tool for any serious web designers, UX/UI Designers, and Web Developers. Its ability to switch from front end development to coding, is very smooth. I would recommend this program to any other users that are looking for something new, just starting out or wanting to learn a new craft.

I use Dreamweaver for page building and site networking and organization. It benefits large projects with the ability to keep pages organized, including asset management and style guides.

Dreamweaver review by jose k.
jose k.

"The best Software for every starter in web design"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that Adobe Dreamweaver is the one web design software in the industry till date. the program has gotten more and more fascinating over the years. It has gotten more easier to use and accomplish difficult project, which has made it look to others like I have greatly improved my skills, but I am certain the improvement can be assigned to Dreamweaver.

What do you dislike?

The price is higher for many people and it is a bad thing for such a good software which is meant for all, not only that I found some issues in the responsiveness of the website I built.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is an extraordinary program in case you're hoping to get a sneak-crest at your fabricate, fix a snappy blunder in the code, or simply perceive how some alter may look. In any case, Dreamweaver nearly does everything, except it additionally dependably does it with expertise.

I use Adobe Dreamweaver for both individual and expert use. I've possessed the capacity to make sites for benefit as an afterthought to produce additional pay on account of my comprehension of the fundamentals and past knowledge of Dreamweaver, notwithstanding my coding knowledge. Indeed a great software

Dreamweaver review by Frederick H.
Frederick H.

"Real-LIfe Dreamweaver review "

What do you like best?

I have been using Adobe Dreamweaver CC for work the last few years and website designers can push their creations to the web faster using Dreamweaver. That is because the application is equipped with templates that can be customized according to businesses’ needs. On top of that, the application also actively assists coders in reading lines of code for them to be able to quickly make edits and updates.

Moreover, the software also provides code hints to further advance learning. Visual aids also help in reducing errors and swiftly finishing sites. So if you code with two displays like me Dreamweaver helps create a faster workflow for all your needs.

One thing I really like is the Graphic user interface (GUI) of Dreamweaver that centers around helping you achieve these three things quickly and intuitively. You can code as well as see what your code is creating via the WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get). However, if you keep a close eye on your code and design, even the Notepad Purists can argue that DW can create Web Standard code as easily as any other program out there.

What do you dislike?

The Steel learning curve for newbies!

Learning DW for the first can be really daunting just by the user interface alone. Granted things are grouped kinda well, but here are some oddball interface items that can confuse even experienced users.

The tools that DW has to offer come at so many different points of developing a Web Site. For example, you can add your own type of Database using the Testing Server environment but if you are a learner then this will be way over your head.

For me, I find it hard to sometimes explain that a lot of what DW has to offer is for professionals who make large web sites. For the simple design, everything is surrounded by overly complicated things. For example, the standard Interface Layout has the Database / Bindings and Server Behaviour panel, this is way above any beginner and even I don`t use this functionality (main reason is that the server connection scripts DW uses are extremely bloated).

We needed an editor that was more fluid than using Notepad or OpenEdit. Dreamweaver makes the coding seamless and truthfully it is more pleasing than using the basic text editor.

Dreamweaver review by Chris G.
Chris G.

"Web Design made easy"

What do you like best?

Dreamweaver is a simple and efficient platform for people who need to design basic sites. Coming from a graphic design background with little to no coding experience this program makes it easier for me to create web design without having to know html. I love that you have the a "live preview" option so you can actually see how the design is coming out while you are still working on it. another great feature is that it helps you build websites for all types of devices, i.e. mobile, ipad, etc.

What do you dislike?

The one downside of this program is how really expensive it is. There are other platforms that offer the same thing for free or at a much lesser rate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dreamweaver is a great tool to use when you are just getting started with web design. I would recommend using it to begin your development as a web designer and to improve your work. Make sure to use the split view when you can it helps you to see what you are making live.

I use this software for the development and design of simple web pages for clients. It's great that I don't have to know code to be able to design web pages for my clients. It allows me to offer more services to my clients then I could before.

Dreamweaver review by Fernando V.
Fernando V.

"Great and user friendly"

What do you like best?

a very important feature of dreamweaver is the ability to see what you're coding in real time. I allows for better visualization and design. I also like that we don't have to buy an expensive software anymore and this can bought as needed on the monthly basis. I like the integration with Adobe Photoshop and Adobe bridge for asset management

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to "not like" about this product. The only thing I would suggest is a better integration with other adobe software to allow for vector images and automatic integration and conversion to raster. I also think that the panels/ windows can be easier to locate. Overall not much to dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great pricing, easy to use and if one already knows other Adobe products the learning process is easy and intuitive. It is often the case that updates to the software solve some concerns which are promptly addressed

Creating email blasts with coding and elimination having to edit email marketing provider's templates that seem to be a bit clunky at times. I also thing that color matching and image sizing is done with higher accuracy. I know very little HTLM and Adobe Dreamweaver helps me fill-in the knowledge gaps.

Dreamweaver review by Kirsten J.
Kirsten J.

"Makes me look more talented than I am!"

What do you like best?

They program has gotten more and more intuitive over the years. It has gotten easier to use, which has made it look to others like I have greatly improved my skills, but I am certain the improvement can be attributed to Dreamweaver.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there is a little bit of an issue in the responsiveness of the websites that I have developed, but that can be attributed to user error in most cases.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely use the tutorials that Adobe has provided, they answer many of the questions that I had just jumping into the software. If you don't have any experience with coding I highly recommend using Adobe Muse instead.

The workspace allows me to code and see what I am doing at the same time. This has made the process much faster as mistakes are caught immediately and I am not constantly searching through my code to see where I have messed up.

Dreamweaver review by Juan J.
Juan J.

"My coding weapon of choice"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that Adobe Dreamweaver is the one web design software that was taught in school for many years now. The design software can be used by beginners and experts alike as it became the staple for web design. I like that Dreamweaver lets you have a split screen for design and code which to me is very useful as I like to visualize the code unlike other software that just don't allow you to have any visualization. I also like the support that you can get through Adobe or pretty much any other means, since Dreamweaver has been around for some time and to me personally is one of the easiest web design software to use. There are lots of information and tutorials that can benefit beginners and experts alike.

What do you dislike?

I really don't have any dislikes about the software itself. I think the functionality of it is great and can do a lot of of the popular languages HTML, CSS, HTML5, PHP, Java.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If this is your first time, please go over the many books and tutorials online about web development and coding. Adobe Dreamweaver has been in the industry for years and there is a lot of good quality help out there.

I have learned to revise other HTML issues by simply pasting the code to Dreamweaver and looking for errors. We do a lot of email marketing and thus sometimes create our own HTML code for that using Dreamweaver.

Dreamweaver review by John W.
John W.

"An all-in-one solution for any web developer"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that you have both a WYSIWYG editor and a code editor. Couple that with the built-in FTP and it really is an all-in-one solution for any web developer. The code formatting is easy to read for any language and not just the standard HTML & CSS. You can customise the interface to show only the panels that you absolutely need for the job at hand. It also has an extension utility where you can install free or purchased plug-ins that extend the capabilities beyond the base install.

What do you dislike?

The code that it generates can be quite bloated with unnecessary spaces and gaps which can make page size bigger than it should be. It also does not have a built-in CSS and javascript compression utility.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Adobe Dreamweaver to other users who are looking for a decent piece of software that will enable them to build websites and maintain them. It's an all-in-one solution with the built-in FTP and support for many different web-based languages. The WYSIWYG interface makes it easy to make changes to any design of a website without too much in-depth coding skills.

This software enables me to manage my company's website and do the necessary updates that are required to keep the business running and up-to-date. It resolved the problem of having to learn every single piece of code with its WYSIWYG interface, allowing simple drag and drop for new users.

Dreamweaver review by Pedro C.
Pedro C.

"Adobe Is excellent."

What do you like best?

Dreamweaver, I love it because it let me preview the things that I design with code. All the products of ADOBE are vanguard in the themes of Graphics, Web, UX/UI design. I really like Dreamweaver because the interface is very friendly to Web designers. I love that.

What do you dislike?

The price is higher for many people and it is a bad thing, they want to use it but they can´t because they can´t pay it so.. I think if many persons would like to use it, it is going to be free and with the downloads Adobe wins.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The interface is really good, you can use it always when you need it, if you are a web designer, you are going to really like it.

I can make pages with it so.... I work freelance and I win with that so I can paid it and it is too much good.

Dreamweaver review by Jaron K.
Jaron K.

"The Little Program That Does"

What do you like best?

Dreamweaver gives me an easy, all-in-one set-up to effectively build out a new site, make edits to one already up, and utilize the Beast that is Adobe and all its mighty platforms. Dreamweaver also has a very thorough set of tools to help make your build be all that it can be. Lastly, this software makes the most of it your system's hardware in that, at least for the Creative Cloud version, it does seem to run fairly smooth - all things being equal.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the sheer opportunity available before you can be a bit overwhelming. I also find it to be a bit unstable at times when under heavy load.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Invest a LOT of time learning what Dreamweaver can and can't do, how and how not to do those things, and, finally, execute with excellence. This is a great program if you're looking to get a sneak-peak at your build, fix a quick error in the code, or just see how some edit might look. Either way, Dreamweaver almost does it all, but it also always does it with skill.

Adobe Dreamweaver helps us find long-term, highly effective solutions by simplifying the tasks that too often get in the way by frustrating us to no end. We have benefited greatly in the following ways: 1) by having a fast, reliable means to implement in real-time edits to a website build; 2) by giving us a visual medium that we can share with our clients in a simple, secure way; and finally, 3) by giving us the ability to save our projects on the Cloud.

Dreamweaver review by thom y.
thom y.

"Good to make a website being just a graphic designer"

What do you like best?

I dont need to be an expert on code, I can use my design knowledge and if need something specific from a code I can google it. I can switch between code, graphic and mixed view, that way I can focus on an specific aspect of the website Im building or can see both at the same time. You can also see an offline website before you upload all the files on the server, that way you can work on it without showing to the world while you are editing the website.

What do you dislike?

You need to spend so much time to build a very complete website. Is not a very friendly app like wordpress, so you must spend several time to be able to use the app properly, sometimes is hard to connect to the server and there are no plugins or templates like wordpress have, so everything that is on the site must be done by you and that makes you spend more time working on it, that is a big negative point compared with wordpress

Recommendations to others considering the product

Is a nice software for graphic designers when starting on the web designing business, it helps you a lot to understand some basics concepts like FTP, Database, Server, hosting, domain, etc.

When a client ask specifically for a website without using wordpress, 100% made by me. The most comun problem I solved with this is make a website responsive 100%

Dreamweaver review by John B.
John B.

"Dreamweaver Packs Renewed Power for Deploying Websites to Any Device"

What do you like best?

Dreamweaver has added new tools to easily deploy multiple versions of websites to computers, tablets, mobile devices and even mobile apps. In many cases this is accomplished with a simple "toggle" to view the same design on multiple devices. Then the code can be modified to better optimize the site for each device, operating system or environment. Perhaps the best feature for regular users of Adobe products such as Photoshop and Illustrator is the tight integration between those design applications and Dreamweaver. In the past it was necessary to "finalize" graphics to be placed in web design programs, including Dreamweaver. But now the original files can be kept essentially "as-is", brought into Dreamweaver, and when edited the program shows those changes instantly -- a tremendous improvement which is also a boon for workgroups.

What do you dislike?

However the massive addition of new features came with a cost: interface confusion and clutter. It simply is not as easy to find features and organize your project as it was before.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Adobe has a 30 day trial, so anyone can take advantage and open the hood. My suggestion would be to hit the ground running, bringing a specific design or website plan to the trial, instead of mere tinkering. It would be a far more "real world" experience to evaluate.

Dreamweaver makes rapid prototyping possible for even a beginning user, which is a constant need in the corporate environment these days. Dreamweaver also provides easy sever setup -- reducing the need to constantly involve the IT department to set things up. Adobe also gave Dreamweaver quick and easy database access and deployment. That means even designers can add data-driven abilities to their design prototypes in minutes instead of hours.

Dreamweaver review by Jared M.
Jared M.

"It's consistently improved over the years"

What do you like best?

I like the dual frames. As a fairly amateur coder, the preview frame helps ensuring the code is up to snuff. I also like that it recommends classes and ids that are already defined in the document. I also like that dreamweaver brought the inspect feature from Chrome.

What do you dislike?

I wish the live field was a little more interactive. I end up spending more time trying to figure out the correct way to code it than just typing or moving things around in the wysiwyg editor.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just use it. It works well for amateurs and professional coders as well. Dreamweaver guides you through many expected issues and often helps to complete code fully and correctly with autofill.

It has many features that I don't even know about and seems to have a few bugs here and there, but nothing that's a real deal-breaker. I'm not a fan of the Creative Cloud subscription service, but it does keep it updated with the latest features on a regular basis. Even the major updates only take a few minutes to install. Do yourself a favor and get it now.

I'm doing many things that I wouldn't normally be able to do with just a simple non-preview code editor. I'm making custom intranet pages (with a lot of Googling) and forming things I would never have on my own.

Dreamweaver review by Jessica A.
Jessica A.

"Web Design with Promise"

What do you like best?

I've used several website designing systems before and I find, as I often do with Adobe systems, that I prefer Dreamweaver over all others. My professional team is still in the process of designing an official website, but through it we've had the best success with Dreamweaver. The live preview is a fantastic feature that has helped me spot many errors in not only code but also design. Code Highlighting has also been a lifesaver because it makes finding my mistakes so much easier.

What do you dislike?

The code needed to make certain processes happen can be bulky sometimes, but that's normal for any coding software. I haven't gotten the chance to utilize all the features available, and I feel some of that comes from how hidden certain features are. I know that it would cause a lot of bloating on the pages to make everything very obvious, but I feel there's so much that it can be overwhelming at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go into it have a basic understanding FIRST, don't just try and learn it all at once. It will overwhelm you if you do. Also, take advantage of the many tutorials online, and practice with them. Even if its not for a project you need, get practice in before you dive headfirst.

I use Adobe Dreamweaver for both personal and professional use. I've been able to create websites for profit on the side to generate extra income because of my understanding of the basics and beyond of dreamweaver in addition to my coding experience.

Dreamweaver review by Ann S.
Ann S.

"Adobe Dreamweaver review"

What do you like best?

I loved how the program gives options on reformatting and custom formatting.

What do you dislike?

Though I love all adobe products for my design; I find this the most modernized and difficult of their softwares.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Watch videos online for support in navigating the program, as well as taking time to learn the basics on your own time at home. Become familiar with any adobe programs for best use, including but not excluded to adobe photoshop, adobe indesign, adobe illustrator. Keeping your teammates and classmates in network about the general guidelines of any task using this product helps. It takes up a lot of battery and space on your computer, so I recommend really limiting the amount of other applications, internet windows, and other documents that you have open in your desktop or laptop computer. Under files, edit, type, illustrations- try to become familiar with the programs tools and how you can manipulate things within the program.

I didn't have any issues using this program for work. I've realized most designers use mostly adobe programs and keeping it within the family tends to be helpful.

Dreamweaver review by Mario A.
Mario A.

"Creador de web para diseñadores y programadores"

What do you like best?

Lo mejor es la capacidad que tiene para integrar equipos de programadores y diseñadores en una misma plataforma, ya que está pensado tanto para los que trabajar el código como para los profesionales de la imagen.

Dispone de multitud de recursos para el mobile first. Puedes trabajar el css sin necesidad de manipular el código y tiene estructuras html predefinidas para solo insertar y relllenar.

What do you dislike?

Al ser una aplicación completa y "visual" puede llegar a consumir demasiados recursos, aunque por lo general funciona de manera muy fluida.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Si tienes un equipo en el que deban convivir programadores y diseñadores en el desarrollo web, esta es una gran solución.

Imprescindible para la creación de páginas de aterrizaje y formularios de contacto. También nos resulta muy practico para realizar sencillas animaciones css sin tener que manipular código.

Dreamweaver review by PEDRO G.
PEDRO G.

"Good web designer"

What do you like best?

good environment for the development and design of web pages. It allows visual design, code editing or both at the same time. Includes lot of pulgins and addons for code self-generation and debugging.

It also allows at any time to see the result in real time of the document that is being edited. The colors that it offers allow to distinguish perfectly the different types of codes like (HTML, Javascript, CSS ...).

What do you dislike?

The problem with this tool is that they are becoming outdated with respect to other free and open source solutions. There are many text editors for web development, and although Dreamweaver is very complete and powerful, it has some shortcomings that should be enhanced.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you work in development or web design, and you need some of the Adobe tools such as photoshop, Illutrator, Indesign ... The Adobe package includes Dreamweaver which is an excellent tool to develop and design web pages.

in our organization it is used as a complement to other editors for the development and design of simple web pages for clients. is part of the Adobe package and as we need Adobe Photoshop for the designers we take advantage of the rest of the package.

Dreamweaver review by manuel C.
manuel C.

"Dreamweaver el mejor software para diseñadores web."

What do you like best?

Bueno para manejar dreamweaver debes tener un conocimiento medio, mas sin embargo a incorporado plantillas para facilitar su uso así como también opciones que facilitan el trabajo para personas no tan avanzadas pero luego que ya le tomas el hilo posee todas las herramientas necesarias para diseñar cualquier pagina web profesional y con grandes detalles y modificaciones tanto en la interface como en el diseño de tu pagina o código que utilices. Una de las cosas que mas me gusta es su navegador en vivo puedes editar e ir viendo como va quedando tu trabajo, Si seleccionas un elemento Html te ubica el archivo css, acepta variables css y muchas otras configuraciones.

What do you dislike?

Bueno lo único que me disgusta es que cuando cambio el valor de la variable no se actualiza, no eh encontrado otra cosa que me disguste.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Si buscas una herramienta para diseñar webs desde cero o continuar trabajos hacer paginas interactivas esta es la indicada.

Perfecto para desarrollar sitios web personales y para clientes, cargar documentos y terminarlos así como también iniciarlos desde cero.

Dreamweaver review by Antonio M.
Antonio M.

"excellent WYSIWYG html editor"

What do you like best?

the CSS3 Transitions tab visually helps to create "special effects"; visual preview that also supports HTML5 and the ability to interact with Business Catalyst, hosting platform that allows you to create ecommerce sites thanks to preconfigured modules.

Convenience in working on multiplatform sites with media queries, thanks to the insertion of fluid grid layouts, comfort in the management of screens for multi-resolution previews and the interaction with jQuery and jQuery Mobile is equally convenient.

The integrated FTP client is very efficient and fast enough.

What do you dislike?

One point to the detriment, in my opinion, is the difficulty of managing jobs where team development is required.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need software to manage less complex projects, where you do not need to develop in teams, it's the one for you

speed in the development and management of web applications, where team work is not required and where server-level problems are minimal

Dreamweaver review by Brian R.
Brian R.

"It takes a more experienced person to dive in all the features, but does everything a web dev needs"

What do you like best?

Once you overcome the learning curve, Dreamweaver has every feature needed for designing, testing, and launching websites to their full potential. The limitation is only in the user's skillset and knowledge of HTML, CSS, javascript, and any code in general. The best feature is the cross platform testing, where you can preview the finished code in a polished format on small - to - large screens and multiple browsers to ensure cross-browser/platform compatibility. The second best feature is how it automatically parses and highlights code, allowing you to jump around from line to line, while visually seeing the colors change depending on the type of string. The CTRL+F (FIND) feature is powerful, as it allows you to search throughout a websites entire structure, an entire folder, or if you wanted to simply the document that is open. So you can search for a small code string in an entire websites files.

What do you dislike?

It does have a large learning curve, the UI, typical to all Adobe software in the suite, can be a bit intimidating at first, and may hide features unbeknownst to the user. Requiring the average user to forage into tutorials and online help forums or the Adobe help site to dive into some of the most beneficial features of the program, such as the "Put" and "Get" functions and the customization of server-to-local file synchronization.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to learn all the bells and whistles, and this program will become an anchor for life. Whenever and wherever, I'm always referring back to the program for even basic tasks to more complicated client-driven initiatives. Because it's technical yet also very simple - it can come in handy in a variety of scenarios. You can even LIVE PREVIEW websites as you're messing with the code.

Building websites for clients, from scratch using HTML, CSS, Javascript, and flash. I am able to design full interactive web pages using designs from Photoshop or Illustrator, and convert them into user-friendly, fully functioning websites.

Dreamweaver review by Pedro L.
Pedro L.

"Gran editor para todos los perfiles profesionales"

What do you like best?

Es un editor muy completo que permite realizar trabajos de diseño y desarrollo web sin necesidad de tener amplios conocimientos de código, aunque es recomendable saber algo de html y css.

Su interfaz y sus asistentes hacen que el proceso de maquetación sea sumamente intuitivo, merece la pena cuando tu equipo esta formado o integrado por diseñadores gráficos que tienen nociones de desarrollo web. Se integra perfectamente con mobil first y con plataformas como wordpress.

What do you dislike?

Consume demasiados recursos y no facilita el código identado por si mismo. Me gustaría poder cambiar el fondo a negro con facilidad.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Es una herramienta muy interesante cuando se trabaja con diseñadores gráficos que controlan algo de html sin dominar íntegramente el código.

Imprescindible en diseño desarrollo y maquetación de páginas web y plantillas para tiendas virtuales. También lo usamos para generar cómodamente animaciones con css3.

Dreamweaver review by Shazia V.
Shazia V.

"If you can't use a browser-based editor use it...!"

What do you like best?

Dreamweaver is my HTML editor. I use it for PHP/CSS also. I like the code view / visual editor. Sometimes I can do an advanced search and replace and change dozens of files in one go. It is better than Frontpage and Expression Engine and Adobe Muse. It has a prepetual license with Adobe CS5.

What do you dislike?

I use Wordpress and Joomla and Drupal more often now so I don't need to have this extra application / resource heavy on memory application open on my Windows. Database connectivity still stumps me. It doesn't have as good use as a browser editor.

You must use it if your site is in PHP/MySQL/CSS or if an older HTML site. Also need it for Symphony, Lavarel, React and more. So it has it's purpose I just mostly do CMS systems nowadays.

Dreamweaver review by Hannah S.
Hannah S.

"Great for all levels of coding"

What do you like best?

I love how the software has auto fill options. It makes it great for beginners and experts who want to move through their code quickly.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the tabs and how it doesn't always make it clear what tab your are on and which ones are your CSS and which ones are your HTML.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend that you buy the Adobe suite because creating designs for your web page on Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator. Once the design is created and saved it is easy to add the jpeg of pdf to your code and have it appear on the site you are creating. Very expensive but worth it if you rely on it for your job or educational duties.

One great benefit is you can preview how your code works in an actual web browser before you save over previous work. It also finds errors in your code quickly so you aren't having to review every single character in the code to find your issue.

Dreamweaver review by Sheetal P.
Sheetal P.

"Adobe Dreamweaver Review"

What do you like best?

There are many good features that come with Adobe Dreamweaver.

I like that I can easily connect through FTP or using other methods in order to remote websites and to keep everything in sync. Dreamweaver has a great set of features, but I prefer the real-time preview and code management features and cleanup. It allows me to customize the fonts and coloring for the script and it makes the code easy to view and work with. The menu for code editing and options is well-organized and you can easily find commands even though you are not familiar with the product well.

What do you dislike?

I found it hard to determine the layout without running the site, but I believe that this is not the limitation that comes from Dreamweaver. I don’t have any real dislikes about this product. However, it can be slow from time to time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend Adobe Dreamweaver. It's one of the best software in the market for web designing. With its full raft of features an extensive selection of tools, Abode Dreamweaver CC is suitable for building complex and cutting-edge websites as well as simpler pages. On top of that, if you are a creative cloud use it offers a surfeit amount of templates to work with for web development, cloud storage, and many other features. In my opinion, it's really worth investing, for the features and support it provides.

As web-designer sometimes it can be hard to come up with my own templates. I work in a marketing department and often redesign and rebuild multiple websites, all of these websites are similar to each other but they all have unique features. This software helps me with great templates and CSS. With this tool, I can easily design and work on my projects. As a creative cloud user, it offers great updates and templates that are easy to use and attractive. I can easily navigate through the files. I can get my project set up quickly and effortlessly. Licensing cost are easy because it is a part of the creative cloud, it has great integrations with other Adobe products that makes the managing of web code easy. In nutshell, it offers a great and intuitive interface for writing codes.

Dreamweaver review by Shanna M.
Shanna M.

"Great for all skill levels, best for pro users"

What do you like best?

Best thing is the split screen gui, so you can use the html you know while continuing to learn more of the code while at the same time using an easy drag-and-drop, what-you-see-is-what-you-get interface. The drop-down menus of suggested/auto-complete text when using the text/html editor side of the split screen is additionally helpful for learning code variations and nuances.

What do you dislike?

Can be unnecessarily heavy for non-pro users and a difficult learning curve for newbies, but can also be a great learning tool for the same.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're a novice to web design, or uncertain that you will be spending a lot of time working on web design, I don't recommend starting with this product. Test out other cheaper or free options first. But, if you are an experienced web designer, or know that this is a career you'll be embarking upon, this product is a great investment. Once you have learned a bit of html, or have tested out similar - but less robust - programs, Dreamweaver should be your final go-to program.

One thing I've always loved about Adobe Dreamweaver is the easy-to-use file transfer protocol (FTP), which makes it easy to edit websites from anywhere with an internet connection, and enables ease of file-sharing among content contributors and web designers. The check-in/check-out tag for files is also a great feature when multiple users are collaborating on content, although forgetting to disable it can lead to annoying/unnecessary reminders if you are not in a collaborative situation.

Dreamweaver review by Charles B.
Charles B.

"Dreamweaver It's More than a Dream!"

What do you like best?

Where should I start? Dreamweaver has been the most prominent software web designers have been utilizing for years. Creative Cloud is a blessing I can have all of my design files synced across all the Adobe softwares that I use. Then I can create my PHP post actions on the Fly. Adobe Dreamweaver is a simple software solution that can produce many different types of code. I believe it would be extremely hard for somebody else to replace this software!

What do you dislike?

I really wish Adobe would create ready to use toolbars rather than having to click window and add your own.

Being able to sync files across all Adobe software and making team collaboration easy for our development team is what we really needed for efficiency. Adobe Dreamweaver does that and more.

Dreamweaver review by Ramon G.
Ramon G.

"A full environment to create websites"

What do you like best?

Dreamweaver it the best software to develop static (and not so static) websites. It's compatible with the actual languages but it's oriented to the HTML with CSS and PHP part. It include a dual view, where you can see the code and the rendered website in real time. Also include a WYSWYG with the normal functions, that it's useful

What do you dislike?

Not all options that you will need are available with the mouse in the menus and side bars, therefore you need a good level of programming to get a full website with a nice aspect.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dreamweaver it's a very good program for people that develop websites, it's fast and easy to use. The dual view is perfect when you are setting the CSS properties.

With Dreamweaver I develop some parts of the websites that I do with CMS like Drupal or WordPress because I get the code ready with much less effort than with the integrated WYSWYG of CMS.

Also I use Dreamweaver for develop small websites that normally don't need database connection neither availability of different users

Dreamweaver review by Adrian M.
Adrian M.

"Top application for designing"

What do you like best?

Adobe Dreamweaver makes it much easier to determine where your CSS, PHP, JavaScript or HTML code is, in such a way that the learning process is much faster to be able to use the program as soon as possible with all its functions. Many programs will allow you to see the result in real time, which is very good for companies that are dedicated to this sector. It makes things much easier without any doubt.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it seems that Dreamweaver adds pieces of code that are not necessary, and that need to be removed. This is a thing that ends up tiring, since they have to be removed manually. Although it is not a fat problem that affects, the question of updating the program without this failure should be raised.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend using this program because it has all kinds of functions. Web design is essential for any company in this sector. Do not do like me, I did not start using it until I really saw the great potential of this application. I definitely recommend 100% to change to this program, you will notice the difference

The use of Adobe Dreamweaver for any company in the sector is essential, and really if you do not have this application you are losing many customers. There are many companies that are dedicated to the same, but if you do your job well, rest assured that a large number of new clients will be interested in working with you. The sector of web pages is growing a lot in recent years, so you will never be short of work using this program.

Dreamweaver review by Alex P.
Alex P.

"Perfect Text Editor for Front End Devs"

What do you like best?

Easily the best feature of Dreamweaver is the ability to see live visual updates as you code.

What do you dislike?

Two major pain points when I use Dreamweaver are the auto-closing tags (sometimes closing out of order) and images not updating when I upload a new image to our server, even when you tell it to reload images.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Adobe Dreamweaver is, in my opinion, the best available text editor to show live results. I know the program has many more capabilities than I use it for, such as embedding libraries such as Bootstrap and jQuery, but it definitely fits my needs.

My primary uses for Dreamweaver are writing HTML emails and doing HTML and CSS coding before applying it to our WordPress site. It's much easier to do the coding in Dreamweaver and link our CSS files so I can see the live updates of what I'm coding compared to doing everything in Wordpress, saving, and reloading the page to see the outcome.

Dreamweaver review by Natalia Q.
Natalia Q.

"It's falling behind despite the pros it has"

What do you like best?

It's easier and more intuitive than other similar software. I feel it's best for someone how's new to webdesign or IUIX development. The layout and general feel of the display feels more comfortable and it's easier to manage. Also, there's a huge community where you can always find help for any issue or question.

What do you dislike?

Compared to others like Muse it's falling behind and I don't believe it will be able to keep up with the competition in the next few years.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While is has it's own charm, I would totally pick Muse over DreamWeaver since it has more tools and it's easier to understand things like responsive menus and such.

AS I said before, for web design (such as mock ups and tryouts for clients) and IUIX and other kinds of app development (mostly oriented to mock up and to check on the client first). A lot of new online classes or tutorials are already switching to new options while DreamWeaver fails to adapt and improve.

Dreamweaver review by Fernando S.
Fernando S.

"El mejor editor HTML para usuarios avanzados"

What do you like best?

Si eres un usuario avanzado y conoces bien HTML / CSS, Dreamweaver es el programa para ti, su inspección de código es la mejor disponible y la visualización wysiwyg es la más fiel a lo que veras en tu navegador que hemos probado, genera códigos muy limpios y cuenta con una infinidad de recursos, tanto de HTML5 cuanto de optimización de código que te permiten crear páginas rápidas utilizando las ultimas tecnologias .

What do you dislike?

No es para principiantes, sino para usuarios avanzados, su uso no es intuitivo y la curva de aprendizaje para su utilización puede hacer que más de uno elija otra alternativa, pero si eres un profesional o si tienes aspiraciones de hacer páginas web profesionalmente es una herramienta indispensable de aprender.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Prueben, Dreamweaver ofrece un increíble retorno de la inversión.

Creación de páginas web más complejas que las creadas con Muse, exige la colaboración de un programador y aumenta el tiempo del proyecto, en comparación pero te da mucho mas libertad ya que puedes usar cualquier recursos o librerías disponibles.

Dreamweaver review by Thomas V.
Thomas V.

"Use for Email Design"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the instant feedback I get from the Design/Live views. Dreamweaver has a lot of shortcuts and user experience perks to speed up the process. Dreamweaver predicts what code you are writing and shows you errors.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. I really enjoy the experience I have with Dreamweaver.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do a trial first and see how it works for you and your company. Once you learn how to navigate and use the shortcuts, Dreamweaver can be a coding gem.

I use Dreamweaver to solve problems in our email marketing. I design and code everything together in Dreamweaver before I import it to our email marketing system. Our email marketing system does give you the option to code and preview html emails inside the product itself, but it's not as intuitive and full functioning as Dreamweaver.

Dreamweaver review by Marta S.
Marta S.

"Lo mejor para la creación de páginas webs"

What do you like best?

Dreamweaver es un excelente editor de páginas web, incluye bootstrap que permite la creación de páginas web interactivas, responsivas y con énfasis en dispositivos móviles (mobile first) un requisito necesario en cualquier página web que quiera tener buen posicionamiento en los buscadores hoy en dia. Además te permite modificar páginas web que utilicen bootstrap aunque tengan sido hechas usando otro editor. Tales bibliotecas nos facilitan mucho el trabajo y reducen la cantidad de código necesario además de tener compatibilidad universal.

What do you dislike?

Su estabilidad es siempre una incógnita, funciona fenomenal a la mayoría de los trabajadores en nuestra empresa pero en mi equipo, específicamente se cierra varias veces al dia, estamos en contacto con el soporte de Adobe para solucionarlo, pero de momento aún no tenemos solución definitiva... pero lo más probable es que sea algun otro software en el equipo que esté interfiriendo.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dreamweaver garantiza el retorno de la inversión con sus actualizaciones frecuentes y, estando a tanto tiempo en el mercado, es muy improbable que pase lo mismo que con Adobe Muse (descontinuado)

Somos una empresa "puntocom" así que la creación y edición de contenido HTML es esencial para nuestro negocio, Dreamweaver es sin dudas uno de los programas más utilizados en la empresa.

Dreamweaver review by Irina G.
Irina G.

"Esencial para el desarrollo de cualquier .com"

What do you like best?

Distinto de otros softwares, incluyendo de Adobe, Dreamweaver nunca intentó ser el programa para todos, mantuvieron enfocados en usuarios avanzados, añadiendo más funciones y atajos (como la nueva edición rápida de CSS a través de la ventana de HTML) y crearon un programa separado (Adobe Muse) para los con menos conocimiento técnico. En mi opinión fue la apuesta correcta de Adobe ya que la simplificación de la interfaz muchas veces termina por alienar a los usuarios de toda la vida que ya conocen muy bien el programa.

What do you dislike?

Podrían añadir más plantillas y plugins, Dreamweaver ya incluye alguna pero no más que un par de ellas... pero eso es buscar algo de qué quejarse ya que probablemente seguiríamos utilizando nuestras plantillas propias.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Difícilmente alguien usara Dreamweaver sin Photoshop y (quizás) Illustrator o otros programas... miren las suscripciones a los paquetes de Adobe que ofrecen mucho mejor valor que programas sueltos, además ofrecen pruebas gratuitas (aunque dudo que un desarrollador aun no lo conozca).

Somos una empresa .com así que es el software más importante de todos, para nosotros... nuestra empresa está prácticamente hecha en Dreamweaver y aunque haya una infinidad de otros editores HTML, ninguno ofrece ni de cerca el valor que aporta Dreamweaver, hacer paginas responsivas en un editor más de "texto" dificulta bastante nuestro trabajo.

Learning about Adobe Dreamweaver?

* We monitor all Adobe Dreamweaver reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.