Adobe Dreamweaver Reviews & Product Details

Adobe Dreamweaver Overview

What is Adobe Dreamweaver?

Visually design and develop modern, responsive websites. The world’s most complete toolset for web designers and front-end developers lets you create, code, and manage websites that look amazing on any size screen.

Adobe Dreamweaver Details

$11,171
@Adobe
25,182 employees on LinkedIn®
Description

Adobe (NASDAQ: ADBE) deals in digital media, digital marketing, and printing and publishing software with over 14,000 employees and $4.4 billion in revenue.

Adobe Dreamweaver Reviews

Showing 2,668 Dreamweaver reviews
Showing 2,668 reviews
Already have Adobe Dreamweaver?
artist
What do you like best?

What I like about Dreamweaver is it's intuitive design and the program itself. As an website designer I liked that while I was using it I can use live preview while I worked on my html and css. It not only showed the progress but it gave me an good idea of where I'm at. Another thing I'd like to mention is it's a nice program but beginners might find it harder to learn while more advanced designers think of it as too simplistic. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike about it so far is as opposed to other programs like brackets it doesn't have an ad-ons that will show your mistakes in the code so you can go back and fix it. It's expensive for what it offers compared to other programs. Lastly, it's just less efficient and cookie cutter compared to other programs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The problems I'm solving with Adobe Dreamweaver is I'm websites in an efficient time because it's not that hard to learn. It's pretty standard for companies to expect us to know dreamweaver because it's all part of the Adobe Suite. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Open Discussions in Adobe Dreamweaver
Graphic Designer
What do you like best?

I use Dreamweaver primarily to code emails. My favorite feature is the ability to see if and where I have unpaired tags. Tags missing an opening or closing could be catastrophic to an email design and combing through each line of code to find the error would increase my time spent coding exponentially. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

This is very minor, and some may find it helpful, but I don't like how Dreamweaver adds a closing tag right after I finish writing my opening tag. Every single time, I need to copy and paste the closing tag they automatically insert to the correct location. I wish this functionality was a bit smarter. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend using Dreamweaver, but as a first step to coding. You should always test your code rigorously with other tools, such as Litmus, because Dreamweaver will not show potential problems in different email clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

My team uses Dreamweaver for email design. It provides a quick and easy way to plug in new images/content to an email template that we've developed before we drop it into our CRM platform, where editing becomes much more difficult. Dreamweaver gives us the ability to make quick edits and allows easier reading of lots of lines of code. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Open Discussions in Adobe Dreamweaver
Web Developer
What do you like best?

Adobe Dreamweaver is my daily code editor. i am web developer i use this regular for developing my new codes. this is very fluent in writing codes. like html, css, php, javascript. mostly i use it to write html and css with javascript. also use it for edit pre developed codes. i like most the easy usability and the auto complete option . also the space tapping image or file insertion option. which is a great system i have ever seen. i didn't found it on any other code editor. this is the main thing i like. there is also some thing like theme option, plugins side by side edit, edit with live view. these are the most loveable thing to me. for all those features i use the Adobe Dreamweaver as my main and regular code editor. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

i don't found much thing to dislike Adobe Dreamweaver. i found one thing is the heavy weight of the Adobe Dreamweaver. For this reason it is not useable on low configuration devices. although this not a big reason to dislike Adobe Dreamweaver because of it's high quality features. so i must say if it can lose some weight then i think it can get more market popularity. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think this is the best code editor i ever found. the pricing , quality, support, usability, inbuilt functions are very good to use. so i always suggest it to my friends, clients, employ and also the g2 community.

everyone should use it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Normally is use it as my regular code editor. From beginning i used some other code editor for developing my codes. but those were not so fluent. but i had to use that because of my low configuration pc. for that reason i couldn't find more bugs of my codes. but when i upgrade my pc and install Adobe Dreamweaver after that now i can easily find the bugs of my codes and the auto correction system makes my work more easy . Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Photographer
What do you like best?

As a long time user of the Adobe Creative Suite, Dreamweaver was nice to walk into already knowing the layout that Adobe has. It provides a nice drag and drop format web builder than beginners can handle to create their content. It's a nice between space for those who have some experience but do not consider themselves web design professionals. I am a big fan of the coding hints, the autocomplete, and the spell check functions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Dreamweaver does have a less-than-intuitive interface for those who do not have web design experience. If you do not have a lot of time on your hands to watch tutorials on Youtube or have a teacher, I would recommend passing on this product as the built-in help functions are not too great. It can be seen as second rate to super professional web developers even though it works just as good as other products. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are already quite familiar with Adobe's others products and with the basics of web design, Dreamweaver would be no problem to use. However, if you are new to web design or code editing, learning and implementing Dreamweaver could be a bit clunky. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

A large part of my job is hopping in fixing issues that pop up on my client's websites. Because all my other workflows and projects are done in Adobe, I am committed to Dreamweaver. This is a huge benefit to me. I am able to implement the solution quickly and send back to my client in a timely manner. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Web Designer, Developer, Digital Marketer, Graphic Designer, SEO Consultant
What do you like best?

Dreamweaver has great live and code preview options. There are many features, menus, and more that make it a quick and efficient tool for custom web page updates and design changes. It works with a variety of file formats. It will work directly with ftp to make changes live immediately. This software makes working with HTML and CSS much easier with automatic suggestions when creating and editing code. I use this almost every day as a website designer and developer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

When upgrades are done with this software, it has been a bit of a learning curve to learn the new features and shortcuts. It has more features than I really need or use with this software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It would be beneficial to do some online training, videos, or webinars before starting to use this product. This way you can be aware and take advantage of more features the software offers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's a great tool to allow me to make custom web page changes for my clients. I use it all the time to review and edit code. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Creative Lead
What do you like best?

Dreamweaver is full of intuitive features. I particularly like the 'live code view' feature which allows you to see your html code in a live environment without having to commit your project to a server. You can create multiple sites within Dreamweaver so that you can manage many projects at once.

The built-in help section in Adobe Dreamweaver is full of answers to the most basic of coding questions. Dreamweaver is full of starter templates too, so if you are starting out your coding career, it's a really good tool to begin with. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the way tabs are displayed at the top when you have multiple pages open in one site, you can easily get lost.

Sometimes the program crashes and there seems to be no fantastic recovery of open files. I also wish the actual program icon was different to that of Adobe XD, I use both of these programs and I am constantly clicking the wrong one as they are the same colour icon. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's great for getting a website live fast, previewing that coded site locally is so important before having to commit changes to the server, this is done really well with this program. If you want the capability of building good solid websites that are responsive to multi-platforms, then Dreamweaver is a great choice. Dreamweaver is also included in the Adobe Creative Suite, so get started with no extra cost. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are using Adobe Dreamweaver to commit small projects and single page websites to the server or cloud storage space.

The benefits of Dreamweaver are great when you are trying to juggle multiple small projects at once. The user interface is sharp and very easy to use.

Integrating Adobe XD with my FTP client was easy and I love how seamless it is when they work together.

Dreamweaver is great for creating HTML emails and then exporting the code to use with services like MailChimp. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

There are a couple of things that I find helpful about Adobe Dreamweaver. It is the best site-building program for individuals to corporate projects. I can build my sites using WYSIWYG or by writing actual code. Plus I can grant others different work permission levels, just like I would do with WordPress sites.

One of the upsides of using Dreamweaver is the split-screen, which Dreamweaver has offered since I started using it over 15 years ago. With it, I can jump from Design View to Coding quickly and efficiently. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Well, not too much of a downside except the learning curve is pretty steep. But if you use other Adobe products the curve becomes more of a hill vs a mountain. Also sometimes when I am designing in WYSIWYG and dragging images or page elements in from Photoshop, Dreamweaver goes a bit flukey, and when I try to undo it, it doesn't work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want the capability to build amazing websites that are responsive to multi-platforms, then Dreamweaver is a great choice. It provides one the ability to preview live what your site will look like on a computer, tablet, or phone. Plus if you already have a site or are asked to re-vamp one that is say managed by Drupal or WordPress, no fear, Dreamweaver is here. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have to go back to its split-screen, the ability to travel from code to design in one simple movement is wonderful for I can see how my coding immediately affects the design. Even in user-friendly apps such as Wix or Shopify, I have to switch views, switch pages, or even save my code edits, then click on View Page to see the results of my coding. Time and energy saved. Business problem solved. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

This code editor has many professional tools focused on website design, from the generation of templates to the export of the files to the server, this program has from the tools and options of basic use to advanced use, we can incorporate and see a graphic environment in which while we are writing the site code, we can see the design in real time of how the site is looking with a preview within the program or in an external browser, we have all the tools focused on the codes html and php, as well as others intended purely for applications, the program has an environment where the code commands are divided into colors which makes them easier to distinguish, it also contains real-time error detection which helps to save time With projects, it also has a way to upload files to the server through an ftp client that the same program has already integrated Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would like the program to have some command dictionary or javascript templates to make the effects and designs of the sites that we are editing and make them a little more unique Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This program has a good thing is its way of seeing the progress of the edition in real time, so I always recommend seeing the previews of the project in the program window as well as in the option see in the explorer Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

When we use this editing program for sites we focus first on the code by installing a template, and then we will add and insert scripts, which we will analyze their functionality in the design window where we see what we are doing in real time, likewise We are drawing the tables to insert the content, which we are modifying, at the same time that the same program detects possible errors to be discarded and solved, this is how we carry out the projects, and finally from the same program we proceed to upload them to servers Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I absolutely love the code highlighting feature that helps you quickly scan your code and find possible errors. Each type of code has a different color that will allow you to visually distinguish HTML, CSS, PHP, Javascript, etc. You can switch between coding mode and design mode to quickly check the result of the code you wrote. It also checks the code while you are writing it so you can immediately fix any errors. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

At the very top of the program, we see 15 options: these are menu items and icons for quickly changing the program interface. Below there are 5 to 50 more options (depending on the number of open files), and then we see 15 more items. Thus, we have more than 35 elements in front of us at the same time, with the help of which we can perform certain functions of the program. Not everyone can keep in mind the meaning of all these elements. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you choose to learn how to work in the Dreamwave program on your own, it will be very difficult. It's better if you watch some online tutorials. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Thanks to the useful features of Dreamweaver, it became possible to develop website layouts faster, easier, and without errors. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

President and Founder
Executive Office
What do you like best?

I have been using Dreamweaver for over 10 years. While I don't use it as much now that many clients are using WordPress, I still use it weekly. I find Dreamweaver very helpful. I love that I can customize the workspace with the tools you use a lot. It's convenient to take out things that I never use and add in things I use all the time. I also like how Dreamweaver will highlight mistakes or coding issues. It's helpful when I am doing something new and not 100% sure if I'm doing it correctly. One feature I use all the time is the find and replace! It saves me tons of time. I also love the split screen. It is such a pain to go back and forth in WP to see what your page is going to look like. The template feature is awesome, always saves me time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

While I love that Dreamweaver is updated continuously, they move things around and then I can't find what I need. I hate wasting time looking for an option that was in one menu and now is something completely different. I also get annoyed that Dreamweaver isn't truly WYSIWYG. It's frustrating when I code a page and it doesn't look like I wanted or looks differently on different browsers. It can be difficult to figure out why. Dreamweaver is so feature-filled that it can be overwhelming to some people. There are many features I've never actually used and probably never will. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It helps me check code that I use in WordPress. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

This is a code and design editing software for the development of projects such as sites and applications, it has multiple tools for editing code at a professional level, with division and colorization of command commands, and a detection of types of syntax, which with the help of its real-time error detection mode helps us save a lot of time when we edit, it also has different preview modes either on the same program, with split screen to see both things at same time or the preview in the explorer, it also has a wide library of code and auto selection which shows us different suggestions when editing, likewise the program already has templates for quick start to start projects quickly. as a possibility to connect the program to the server and upload our site or application constantly as we update Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would like it to have more tools and special options for the development of applications and design of mobile-focused sites since the size of the previews varies a bit Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The program works excellent for site and application design, as it has many high-quality tools and a large number of options, even so I recommend using the browser preview since the view of a site between different browsers varies a bit Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

En la empresa nos dan multiples proyectos y este programa a result muy bueno ya que para la edicion de codigo htm y php nos resulta excelente sobre todo por las vistas previas y deteccion de errores lo que ahorra mucho tiempo, y siempre nos dan trabajos a editar mismo que los desarrollamos rápidamente sobre todo cuando vamos insertando codigos el mismo programa nos va mostrando los posibles errores o si todo ell trabajo se a hecho correctamente, y algunas veces desde el mismo programa subimos el trabajo realizado a, los servidores Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UA
What do you like best?

When I need to take my conceptual layout from static design to an interactive layout, Dreamweaver is my go to. Because it has a very user friendly GUI, I feel comfortable jumping in even if I haven’t used it in awhile. Dreamweaver has a great interface which guides you along the way even if you are not completely up to date with the latest code standards. It is an Adobe product as well making it quick to pick up if you are familiar with Other Adobe tools. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It’s great for the novice coder to get in and get things wired up but can be a bit cumbersome as the project advances. The functionality works and generates the necessary code but it’s not necessarily the best practice for the application which can require getting a seasoned coder involved to assist. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you’re a graphic designer looking to expand your skills, Dreamweaver is an excellent application to do so. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Typically I’m prototyping a webpage or web based application. I create the artwork and layout and generate the base line intent for functionality and use it as a tool to present the concept before moving forward. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Industrial Designer
What do you like best?

You can build websites using multiple tools—some that run online, some that run on your local machine or desktop. Adobe Dreamweaver stands alone as one of the only site-building apps that's just as suitable for individual designers as it for large scale projects with commercial needs. The code is there for developers when you need it but is hidden when you dont, creating a great layered experience. The program works for individual users or teams when there are different levels of freedom and skill level. Also if you are a current Adobe user it will work with all over Adobes portfolio of products and tools very seamlessly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some of the things I dislike is that like most other adobe programs it can be cumbersome to use for first time users. The interface has a steep learning curve that takes awhile to overcome. The undo feature also only works when working within the code interface portion and not when you are placing assets or imagery into your workspace. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Using Dreamweaver is a great way for people that are more visual to develop a website that works on the backend as good as it looks on the frontend. The program is very versatile and flexible enough to build many different types of websites. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Dreamweaver is a professional HTML Editor, which is used to create, publish and manage websites. The program supports all current web standards such as HTML 5, Java Script, CSS3 and PHP. One of the best features is the live view so called WYSIWYG view. It helps you to see which effect changes in the code have directly on the designed view. The CSS designer has been improved and also FTP protocols, jQuery widgets and a lot more is available. All in all Dreamweaver is one of the HTML editors out there with the most features and functions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Using Dreamweaver for the first time is quite challenging. You will have to find your way around the program, but fortunately there are a lot of tutorials and also the manual is quite useful. Another thing is that the installation will take some while. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Dreamweaver is a professional Tool for web design, however before you are making a subscription you should take advantage of the 30-days trial offered by Adobe. So you can make sure if it is really the program you are searching for. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We introduced Dreamweaver in order to have a development tool that supports all major and currrent web design standards. Also the support with WordPress was important. We design websites, for all different kinds of applications for our customers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

This editor of codes specialized in the development of websites is very complete and has multiple tools to make the development of our projects in a professional way, in this editor we can from importing files to organizing the sites so that the export is of It has an easy way, it has a very versatile interface that helps us save time with the separation of the color codes of commands and detection of errors in real time, at the same time that within the same program we also have the option of preview which helps us detect changes in the design of the site that is being developed, as well as multiple insertions of images or tables to better accommodate the site as we progress on the projects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is very complete but it only remains to add some tools more focused on the design of websites for mobile phones Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Whenever you are going to work with this editor, it is advisable to organize your websites in folders so that it is even easier to export files to the server Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Since we started the projects of the websites with this program, we organize everything in folders, since the same program detects if all the files on the site are in the same place to easily upload them when we export, when we write and edit the codes. It helps us a lot to detect errors in real time since the same editor and the preview mark them, we can also work with the editor and preview at the same time on the interface, the program already has everything necessary for editing of code and site designs in the tools, as well as a configuration where we see the urls of the other data such as images or hyperlinks that we are adding, and once the project is finished from the same program we can export by adding the ftp protocol configurations Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Computer Graphic Designer
What do you like best?

Adobe Dreamweaver is an ideal software for website designing. As a beginner it is the best tool you will get to learn web design and it will help you create website design very easily and a simple way. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

As popular as this software is, there are some limitations with it. For advanced level of web designing this is not the most recommended software. As a beginner it's good but as a an expert this is nothing the best platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are a beginner and looking to start your careers in web design then Adobe Dreamweaver is the perfect software to start. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am creating web pages and design with great ease and in very less time I am able to create a very awesome looking website with many wonderful functionality and themes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

This program is very useful since it has many very useful tools that help to make a better design and programming of websites, it has wide ways of editing, inserting, importing, programming, error detection and preview, which can help to develop our projects more quickly, since it allows us to see and analyze what we are developing in real time while simplifying everything we do in this regard, such as programming and inserting codes in designs Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that the program would lack is the most focused preview of mobile devices since the use of these is the one that is most used now Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend first of all to save our projects as we progress, as well as to divide our projects by folders since the program is so good that it also identifies the same to simulate a good functioning of the links with which we work Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

In the work that we develop we are always working on what we see in the processes, as well as the programming is facilitating us since the program presents us as any good editor of different colors codes in the texts, which helps us to identify the commands that we develop, already with the preview it allows us to analyze the quality or errors of the work that we do all in a real time if the program is updated as new trends in web design emerge. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Freelance Graphic Designer