Revel

3.2

Revel presents an affordable, seamless blend of author-created digital text, media, and assessment based on learning science. Revel keeps students engaged as they read, practice, and study in one continuous experience anytime, anywhere, on any device.

Work for Revel?

Learning about Revel?

Revel Reviews

Showing 5 Revel reviews
Revel review by User in Sports
User in Sports

"Great for learners and teachers"

What do you like best?

I love that my students can work on classwork remotely. Being able to see if they even log in or not is a great feature and helps me know how my class of 75 is doing. It's a great way for kids to save money as well, as they don't need to buy the loose leaf textbook. The interface is clean and easy to look at. It's also great for those who have learning accommodations because the text can be read aloud to the individuals.

What do you dislike?

My students still complain about the price, which is definitely difficult. Highlighting also seems to be a little difficult, just technology wise. I think there could be an easier way to highlight, or rather, make it not feel like we're doing it in the early 2000s.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I've heard that the support is great if you just contact them.

Like I said, being able to see what my students are doing and what their activity is on the site is really helpful when it comes to seeing what I need to lecture about. It solves issues with students who have reading disabilities as well since the text can be read aloud. It accommodates commuter students and helps me and run my classroom more efficiently. It's also nice that students don't necessarily have to pay for a textbook - they definitely appreciate a little bit of a lower cost.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Revel
Revel review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Acceptable tool for e-learning and continual testing of students."

What do you like best?

I liked best that the software allowed you to have online access to textbooks and purchase a digital code instead of a physical book. It was nice to have audio reading for passages and interactive videos with the texts. It is always helpful to have built in highlighting tools and definitions right on the page.

What do you dislike?

The software lacks due to the fact that it errors continually, and you have to refresh the pages. Quizzes and questionnaires are often not in line with the book’s content and trick you. It can be difficult to navigate back and forth or get to your place that you left off. It’s also sometimes not true to the physical text which can leave gaps in learning.

Revel assists with helping students learn in a convenient fashion, where texts can be accessed on a phone app, computer, and other devices. It’s great when you need to hear the text while reading, which is often not available in physical versions. It allows for more interactive learning and integrates supplementary sources. It’s beneficial for the environment and saves money versus a physical text. It’s great for continual learning and testing one’s self on what they read with multiple choice questions.

What Online Learning Platform solution do you use?

Revel review by User in Higher Education

"Revel is Great"

What do you like best?

I like the easy to follow flow of the content, and eh overall ease of access. he presentation to the student is great.

What do you dislike?

I wish the audio files could be sped up a bit more and that the audio navigation would bookmark locations more precisely on the current page. Also, sometimes the grades do not always sync smoothly with the LMS.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Establish a good relationship with your regional sales rep. They can push problem-solving of tech issues through to the correct people much faster than going through standard tech support.

3rd party content supplementation of several courses.

Revel review by Katina B.
Katina B.

"Good source "

What do you like best?

I do a lot of online corse work at school and this quarter using revel is a great source with the Togo study app!

What do you dislike?

Having different pearsons courses, my account locked at times because I’m using more than one Pearson product

As I am a consumer, I’m getting more work done and lots more information retained

Revel review by User

"Always crashing"

What do you like best?

easy to use when it worked which was not often. The interface was very sleek.

What do you dislike?

always crashing or really slow, made it hard to do anything. It would take it sweet time while we had customers in the shop waiting to order

na

Learning about Revel?

* We monitor all Revel reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.