Pagely® Reviews & Product Details

Pagely® Overview

What is Pagely®?

Pagely® is managed WordPress hosting for high-demand websites. Pagely has been serving some of the most popular WordPress sites for over 9 years. Companies like Disney, Verizon, and NGINX trust Pagely to host their WordPress sites.

Pagely® Details

PAGELY is enterprise WordPress hosting in the Amazon cloud.

Pagely, Inc
2009
Tucson, AZ
@Pagely

Pagely® Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Pagely® community
Have you used Pagely® before?

Pagely® Reviews

Showing 26 Pagely® reviews
Already have Pagely®?
Co-Founder / CTO
What do you like best?

They have a friendly, responsive, and effective support team Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I'm truly not happy with is that, recently, I've realized that a large portion of my life revolves around accounts held by two very large technology company's that I don't fully trust: Amazon (AWS) and Google.

I have taken steps to reduce the amount of Amazon in my life -- Google has proven to be much more difficult -- but I can't find a way to get off AWS without leaving Pagely and I'm simply not willing to do that.

This isn't a huge problem, it's really more philosophical than anything and it doesn't seem realistic to me for Pagely to have some other backend. But still... Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Before Pagely, our web servers took up quite a bit of my time to keep stable. Since switching I haven't had much need to worry about our servers or website stability. It just works (as promised) which has not been my experience with several other webhosting companies. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like the options menu interface and easy installation on the server for WordPress, it is fast and totally dedicated to this service. The support helps to solve all the problems that my system presents.

Server speed and optimization for this system is perfect for new connected users, dedicated DNS servers are stable and fast. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have no problems with this service, but the Premium package is expensive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend this system; the Premium offers dedicated support and fast DNS to always have 100% activity. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use this stable service to host my WordPress without problems, I control visits, security, hackers, DDoS, I visualize the problems with Pagely's graphics. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Web Team Coordinator
What do you like best?

Pagely's support team is very fast to respond to queries and their solutions and assistance is top-notch. I needed something done, that I didn't have access to, and they took care of it within minutes of my enquiry. They always to above and beyond to make sure customers are taken care of. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do have a bit of a problem with the 2-factor authentication to login to the Atomic dashboard, but that's just a minor petty thing. I really don't have anything bad to say about Pagely, especially the support team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have a very complex WordPress website, that uses not only the default WP database, but also an external database, which was quite tricky connecting to from Pagely. We find that the HA service is very beneficial to us when we expect a high traffic load. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CTO
What do you like best?

The support staff is some of the best in the industry. From answering questions about our environment to solving complex issues, I can rely on Pagely to be my DevOps instead of having to have an internal DevOps. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The new Atomic (management interface) is a little buggy, but it's been slowly getting better with more and more features being added in. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As mentioned above, I can rely on Pagely to be my DevOps and SysAdmins. This cuts down on my staffing and with 24 hour support, I know I can get in touch with them at any time of day. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Actual Writer
What do you like best?

No matter how much WordPress changes, no matter how little or much time I have to spend on site maintenance, I never have to worry about any Pagely-hosted sites I work with having problems not caused directly by site users or developers.

And even then it's easy to correct mistakes with help from Pagely's team.

It's like a safety net, which takes a lot of worry off my plate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

You certainly get what you pay for here, but I suppose I could complain about the price? Feels like I'm nitpicking here, because the value is certainly there. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's worth the money never to have to worry. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

No matter what I choose to host, whether old podcast episodes, years-old posts about my ingrown toenails, or portfolio pieces of my work, there's never a time I have to worry about my site getting shut down by some wayward update or incompatible "upgrade."

It just...works. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Developer / Operation Manager
What do you like best?

As I am Wordpress Developer I am always looking for website speedup and here on Pagely I have found the solution on my all speed up related issues.

Important features that I live with Pagely is -

- PRESSCACHE

- PRESSDNS

- PRESSCDN

- STAGING + SYNC

- POWERED BY AMAZON

- MANAGED WP UPGRADES

- SSH + DB ACCESS

- VERSION CONTROL Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing at this time. But one recommend at the is, If Pagely could provide Email service then it will be great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Yes it is always recommendation to all to go with pagely server. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Basically now I can concentrate more on Development on projects instead of worrying about server issues and website speed issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

President
What do you like best?

The platform is simple to use, secure and reliable. We have never once had any sort of breach. The load speeds are amazing! But, best of all, customer support is fantastic! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

No phone support! And way more expensive than the competition. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just do it! It's worth the money if peace of mind, lightning speeds and great customer support is important to you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Peace of mind that our important sites are secure and load quickly. We would put ALL of our sites there if the price was more cost-effective. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Mr.
What do you like best?

Both the team and the service are great. Only professionals working there from the support team to the ops, delivering a great product. Reliable service and fast reactions when it comes to handling critical situations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Can't really think of anything I don't like for the time I'm using Pagely's service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Hosting many and different WordPress setups with great scalability. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
Maritime
What do you like best?

The customer service is world class. The handling of issues is almost immediate. The technical team at Pagely is kind enough to go beyond the scope of work and assist us with site issues that are not hosting related. For someone focused on sales and business development I cannot afford to dedicate time to attend to technical issues on our site. Hence I count on Pagely to keep my site online and swiftly fix issues when they arise. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing much really. Atomic Beta a feels a bit too minimalist at times. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Pagely may sound expensive at first. Once you understand well what comes with the package you realize you invested well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With Pagely I don't need a dedicated website support staff. This saves us headcount costs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

President
Broadcast Media
What do you like best?

The support team from Pagely is Level= AWESOME!

We have been working with them for a couple of years now and the amount of knowledge they have on Wordpress and their platform can not be found anywhere else (maybe at Wordpress itself).

The support team is always willing to go the extra mile to get all your needs solved. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Actually there is nothing I can think of right now. At first you may dislike the pricing in comparison with othre WP providers, but let me tell you they are not playing in the same league. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are running large scale WP websites for television networks.

Their infrastructure is really powerful, no outages and immediate support! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Digital Marketing Specialist
Real Estate
What do you like best?

I'm not super familiar with Pagely, but I've had pleasant experiences when it comes to the technology support for it. I like that my tickets are responded to usually within a day and they assist to the point of following up on service thereafter. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I'm not entirely too familiar with Pagely and haven't used Pagely long enough or often enough to survey dislikes for it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

My company runs a blog site using WordPress. I think it's connected with Pagely somehow, whether that's backing up the site or maintenance or something connected with that. I'm not sure. Pagely solves customer support issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Head of Data
What do you like best?

The levels of support at Page.ly are always beyond my expectations. Rather than simply point you at some terse knowledgebase the support team work with you to solve any issue you may have. Their knowledge is excellent and Page.ly has often simply fixed the problem and then checked for any other related issues and fixed them as well. It feels like you have a dedicated SysOps team working with you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The nature of their Managed Platform means that a lot of the detail is not available to the end user and the server access via SSH is a little awkward. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is, perhaps, more expensive than you are used to but you will not regret paying for the piece of mind that Page.ly provide. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

High-Performance hosting of Wordpress publishing sites in a multisite configuration. Page.ly have outperformed every other host we have ever used in every category that matters. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

The site can handle the traffic! I never have problems with our sites going down due to a traffic increase. The support team is top notch. If you have customization needs, they will help you get it figured out. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Expensive. Hard to recommend to smaller shops. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Pagely hosts our blog, content pages, and store via WooCommerce. Our content creators are familiar and enjoy using WordPress. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Real Estate Broker
Real Estate
What do you like best?

Fast Response. Professional attitude. Great Customer Service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything. I 'm a real estate broker. I just need a company to host my personal blog. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

My real estate blog is on Pagely for almost 8 years. Dashboard is user friendly. I post my article without any difficulty. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It is fast , efficient, it works like a charm Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

at this moment there is nothing I dislike about this product Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

They handle WordPress so you I focus on everything else. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Web Developer and User Interface Specialist
Higher Education
What do you like best?

Uptime has been truly 100% except for a couple of very brief scheduled maintenance windows. Pagely even lets you choose your own maintenance window so you can minimize impact to your visitors. The support team goes above and beyond and they are all truly knowledgeable. They listen when you provide feedback and are frequently making improvements, such as adding phpMyAdmin where they didn't have it before, and now allowing users to set up SSH keys themselves where before it required a support ticket. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were an easier way to push between staging and production. There is a "Pagely Sync" tool you can use from SSH which is very helpful, but would be much better if they integrated this into their control panel. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need WordPress hosting and your budget allows for it, don't hesitate to try Pagely. They migrate sites for free and will help you in so many ways. It's truly set it and forget it - they handle all core, plugin, and theme updates. If you can't quite stomach the budget, SiteGround is an excellent shared host alternative. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Pagely has kept our sites stable. Prior to using them we were using a local agency for hosting and the sites kept going down. It was due to their staff not realizing the plugins they'd installed added so many transients to the database it crashed the server. Pagely is great at identifying the real cause of any problems you submit in support tickets and giving you a real, actionable answer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

COO
What do you like best?

Tech support goes out of its way to help me do things, and I never feel like I should have known better. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything that I dislike yet. Pagely is one of my favorite providers of any technical service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Let them drive. They are true experts who look out for you. I asked one to help migrate a website from another host, and they pointed out multiple issues to be sure that we looked at first. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Constant backups are available for multiple days in the past. WordPress is kept updated, and the site speed is super-fast, especially compared to those discount hosting plans at other companies. This means that we can pass search engine speed tests with flying colors! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

EI
What do you like best?

Service is excellent, fast and responsive and I actually feel that they care, I am not a number I am treated as a client with respect and my questions answered in full. Even though my questions could have been asked 10000 times before, I feel that the reply is specifically designed for me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The fact they are in a different time zone, so sometimes I have had to wait until the team get in and start processing the issues to get a response and reply.

Being East of the team means that I may have an issue that causes a problem for several hours before It's solved and having a dev team in Manilla also adds to the delays Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Support hours to follow the sun as we are to the west of your company, and we have a dev team in Manilla, we can be waiting for an answer, that in fact is dealt with very quickly when you get in, but we have been working for several hours before we get the answer.

We also work weekends when needed and sometime, understandably, your team has left to go home. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Hosting 4 dev sites and back up..not used the capacity yet as these are just dev sites, we have not released these to the public yet so we have not yet benefited from the local storage speed applications or needed to use the backup system which is good news really, but nice to have Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Director, Marketing Strategy — RISD Media Group
Higher Education
What do you like best?

After hosting Wordpress sites elsewhere, Pagely was a revelation. Their Atomic Core dashboard is a well-designed view into the status and performance of all our sites. Their security standards are top notch and our sites are always 100% spam-free. On top of that, their customer service is fast and always friendly and helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some folks get a bit confused by the sites vs apps terminology. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The VPS-1 plan has made managing a disparate set of websites efficient and worry-free. We can count on regular software updates and rock-solid uptime so that we can concentrate on our core mission of creating great sites. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AE
What do you like best?

the product is great, and the support team is very helpful. I like to work with them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I hope I may have full control of all the users with friendly and easy interface Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Pagely takes care of the server OS and WP update, with security issue for the WP sites. The support team is very friendly, and productive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I used to host many WordPress sites on our own servers. It took a lot of my time to keep the WP up to date, keep the server OS update, and the plugins, themes, and the backups. After I moved them all to Pagely, I found they are all running great on Pagely managed server. I have saved a lot of time, and I feel great. I am very happy about this decision. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Chief Technologist and Founder
What do you like best?

Attention to details and communication with customers about any and all infrastructure changes that could affect your hosting.

They've put in the effort to ensure the infrastructure is rock solid and stable and redundant - FAR exceeding their published SLAs Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I've been using Pagely since week 1 of their operations - I can honestly state that there is NOTHING that I disklike. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If it's important to you, it's important to Pagely.

Trust that they will be proactive in assuring your investment in them exceeds your expectations.

You're in good hands with the infrastructure, product and service that Mr. Joshua Strebel and team have put in place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

High quality managed WordPress hosting.

By quality I mean flexible, stable, and available Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

Love the admin interface as well as the ability to contact someone and know they will respond quickly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We had some downtime but the crew was quick to respond and were able to figure out errors as fast as I could get a ticket in. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

As with any service there is a small learning curve but well worth it. Security and stability is key in the Education space and it really goes to show that they care about the customer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We migrated to a dedicated VPN instance and it has payed off well. Much easier to manage from an Admin standpoint as well as monitor our hosts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AP
What do you like best?

Pagely's management tools are great and handle WordPress site setup quickly and reliably. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

As far as I know, Pagely's management console is limited to a single user per company -- we'd prefer to have multiple users on the account, if possible, rather than sharing credentials.

And of course, now that I look, this *is* possible -- perhaps it was added since we started. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We were interested in using WordPress but without installing and maintaining it ourselves. Pagely are WordPress experts and make it easy to do WordPress right. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Ecommerce Manager
Construction
What do you like best?

Pagely has had the best customer service of any hosting I have dealt with. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

They removed the individual WP site option ;P Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Understanding more deeply what was happening on a technical aspect Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

Speed, professionalism, quick service from the Support team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Need more sites for the money. 5 sites for $99, but the next plan is (I think) $249. Need some options in-between. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Talk with someone and learn more about what Pagely offers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Improved site speed, which was my main objective. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.