Outlaw Reviews & Product Details

What is Outlaw?

Outlaw is a modern contract management solution that streamlines the contract lifecycle for organizations - from templated document generation to cloud-based redlining to real-time negotiation and eSigning. With transformative technology and a modern user interface, the platform helps users shorten contract cycles significantly, redline & negotiate with full visibility, and ensure compliance. Features include Advanced Template Editor, Encrypted Smart Fields, Contract Activity Audit Log, Cloud-based Redlining, Word/ PDF export, Version History, Date & Time Stamped Mobile eSigning, Secure Cloud Storage, and more. Outlaw also supports seamless integrations to third-party tools like Box and Salesforce so users can do more with what they already have.

Outlaw Screenshots

1-22 of 22 total Outlaw reviews

Outlaw Reviews

1-22 of 22 total Outlaw reviews
Owner | Maker | Designer

" Super modern platform that is user friendly and therefore easier to make agreements w clients"

What do you like best?

Impeccable customer service, ability to create conditional sections and encrypt sensitive information. Super modern platform that is really user friendly and therefor easier to close deals/make agreements with my clients. Outlaw helped streamline my contract database in a clean and efficient manner.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I didn't like, persay, but since it is new to the market, there was initial fear of the unknown. I was unsure at first, but now so glad I took the leap for my company and moved away from docusign and to something better like Outlaw- which will continue to grow with Oohjacquelina's needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have questions, talk to their team right away and all your fears will be alleviated! Fear of the unknown is the only thing stopping this new platform from blowing up.

Overall, my experience with Outlaw has been extremely positive, and has helped streamline my company's contractual process into a database we are proud of. The customer service provided is unmatched and I will continue to grow my company and work with Outlaw, no doubt.

Sales Planning Manager
Food Production
(10,001+ employees)

"Cool App for contracts..."

What do you like best?

The best part about Outlaw is definitely the ability to customize all our contract templates dynamically. I have never seen a contract management product with such an advanced tool for template creation. We were able to put in place section references, set conditional sections, input default variable values, and even include what the platform calls “secret variables” to encrypt sensitive contract information. We have received positive feedback from our recipients about how clean and sleek our contracts look, as compared to Word/ PDF versions we were previously working with....

What do you dislike?

I have no complaints so far. The team has been able to address most, if not all our needs in the period we have worked with them, even throughout the decision process when we were comparing between different solutions.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The product is definitely highly intuitive with very robust features. We are very satisfied with their highly responsive customer support team, which has been valuable in ensuring our success on the platform. After several onboarding sessions with the team, it was easy for me to get the rest of my team familiar with the product. Before Outlaw, our contract process was a mixture of shared drives, Word, emails, sprinkled with DocuSign. Now we have a robust contracts database to keep track of all our documents and a smooth contract process we’ve always strived for.

If you have a specific process in your existing contract flow that your company needs to keep, I recommend talking it through with the Outlaw team to come up with a win-win solution. We needed certain contract variables sieved into an external database, and the team was able to customize an integration for us for a fee. It won’t be a negligible sum, depending on the level of integration required, )as are any custom integration fees), but will be extremely worth the price. Throughout the process, the development and customer success team were able to give us constant updates and were excellent in assuring us a fantastic delivery.

"Working with Outlaw and their team has been a breeze!"

What do you like best?

The team at Outlaw provides the best customer success for our SaaS company. Their willingness and desire to help is very evident in the personable service that they provide. They are always willing to help whenever the need arises, even if that takes them past the normal workday hours.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found a situation that they are not willing to help me resolve. The chat board is extremely helpful for time efficiency and they will set up a phone call, demo or online meeting for the more detailed conversation needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You will not find a better Customer Success team for this type of platform than Julie, Dan and the people at Outlaw. They will walk you through everything that you need to do for your needs.

We use the Outlaw platform for document formation, electronic signatures of record for several departments, within our company. The Outlaw platform is streamlined, organized and user-friendly.

Partner
Restaurants

"Outlaw saved me thousands in lawyers fees. Highly recommend!"

What do you like best?

Outlaw was an intuitive and easy to use, and Outlaw's affordable monthly cost is only a tiny fraction of what our lawyers costed us. In addition to the intuitive system and affordable fee structure, the customer service at Outlaw was great. Whenever we had an issue or couldn't figure it out, they would be available within a few hours to help us troubleshoot the issue.

What do you dislike?

When we first started, Outlaw was missing some features, but they have been very effective in listening to our feedback and rolling out new features. We have no complaints about Outlaw in its current form.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

When you complete new legal templates, have your lawyers review the templates for errors. We oftentimes gave our first contracts to lawyers to review prior to signing, so we knew we could roll out effectively and without issues.

Outlaw allowed us to do the repetitive work ourselves that our lawyers loved to bill us for, which was unnecessary in our opinion. We realized that we were working extra hard to pay off the legal fees, and as a start-up company, these costs can be the difference between life and death, so Outlaw's simple and reasonable fee structure was an incredibly effective way for us to focus our energy and resources to grow our company.

Director of Growth
Venture Capital & Private Equity

"Outlaw is the very best contract-management platform we've seen."

What do you like best?

Simply put, it's a high quality platform made for salespeople, account managers, and legal counsel (on both sides of a deal) to execute contracts together more smoothly. A lot of this is possible due to the intuitive interface, pre-approved/conditional contract terms that can be swapped in and out, and the fact that Outlaw can basically serve as word-processor purposely made for constructing, editing, and executing contracts.

This was a pain I experienced previously many times over in past sales jobs, and Outlaw eliminates it. After a few meetings with their amazing team, it was clear to me that this was the best contract-management platform I had seen.

What do you dislike?

I can't name any dislikes at this point in time.

Ultimately, Outlaw eliminates excessive back and forth, helps you sign contracts quicker, and increases your close rate as a result. The biggest problems it's been able to solve are:

-Reducing time spent editing, submitting, and agreeing on contracts.

-Keeping sales teams in line with what legal has approved for language, while still giving team members the flexibility to edit, swap, and adjust terms. The interface makes this easy.

-Smooth integration with Salesforce which makes constructing contracts more seamless, and also eliminates time spent updating various tools related to contracts.

-Onboarding. It's just faster with Outlaw compared to other tools we've seen. Who wants to spend more time setting up a product than using it to move the needle?

"Great contract collaboration tool"

What do you like best?

I'm a contractor that regularly receives contracts and invoices from a company that uses Outlaw. As a one person team, being able to redline in real-time, see tracked changes, and esign all within a browser has saved me from so many headaches. The Overview summary section is also a nice touch especially when I don't have a legal team to interpret.

What do you dislike?

The first time for sign-in I wish the guest login button was just a tad more prominent. On the receiving side, there isn't much to dislike about it. It's a very intuitive product.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If the end user experience is just as important to you as the the administrator, then try out Outlaw.

If you're a company that regularly uses contractors and freelancers, be a hero and get Outlaw. There's a certain tediousness when dealing with contracts especially when you're not near a printer or are on the same server. And the tracked changes helps establish trust right away.

Mr

"Great solution for contracts "

What do you like best?

I like it's layout editorial manager. I'm ready to make dynamic layouts effectively. The stage is instinctive and the client support is extraordinarily useful. I like that it keeps it straightforward for viable outcomes. Their onboarding procedure surpassed desires and the client administration group reacted to inquiries in an auspicious way. On the off chance that I ever have any inquiries, the Outlaw group has been excessively responsive and accommodating.

What do you dislike?

Only I would love to see this coordinate with a blockchain so the agreement once marked is undeniable.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The onboarding session was useful, certainly suggest that. When you complete new legitimate formats, have your legal counselors survey the layouts for blunders. We are receiving a ton of significant worth in return.

Customer commitment, rental understanding, capital leases, and ACH approval frames. It has streamlined the procedure for both myself and advisors, customers, and accomplices. Spares personal time and cash. Formats makes it simple and predictable to send as often as possible utilized contracts. It additionally enables track to bargain stream.

Response from J Cha of Outlaw

Thanks, Roy, for your insightful review, and we're happy to hear that you had a great onboarding experience. In regards to blockchain, that's a good idea, and we'd be happy to figure out a partnership. We've done lots of integrations so we're blockchain-ready. Reach out to Julie - let's talk!

"Outlaw makes the usually painful contracting process dead simple"

What do you like best?

Using Outlaw has made executing contracts incredibly easy for us so that we can focus on other business priorities instead of being bogged down by the confusing legal docs. The design is super intuitive, you can tell they spent lots of time thinking through the user experience. The audit log is very useful so we can track changes without the version control issues we normally have. Love the commenting feature so our team can quickly collaborate during our internal reviews. Also, really nice and responsive support team when I had a minor issue. Julie was quick to solve the issue (which, to be honest, was mostly user error). All around would recommend.

What do you dislike?

Nothing major, generally a big fan as it saves me lots of time. I had an issue with my pdf conversion the first time, but after contacting them it was fixed immediately. I think this is now more clear on the platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Super simple. I wish I had this years ago.

Our contract process is now so streamlined and easy I dont dread when I have to review a contract (which is saying something!). Outlaw has made it much easier for us to predict when a contract will close with a client since we can track contract activity. Overall, nothing but good things to say about a normally painful manual process.

Product Designer
Internet

"Simply amazing!"

What do you like best?

I like Outlaw best for its deal execution structure that brings my contracts from generation to execution seamlessly. I'm also particularly impressed by the platform’s template editor. I'm able to create dynamic templates easily by importing a Word document which is a really powerful thing. So far the platform has been incredibly valuable in helping me manage my contracts, and the support team is simply amazing.

What do you dislike?

So far, I have not found anything I dislike. I did not start off using the platform well but realized onboarding sessions with my account manager was an easy fix.

I'm using Outlaw to send and manage agreements with my partners and clients. I used to do this over Word documents and print scan sign cycles, but now Outlaw has helped me completely digitize this process. My contract process is now much more efficient. Collaboration and negotiation workflows within the team, and with my clients have also been massively streamlined.

Design Lead

"Easier to get contracts signed"

What do you like best?

Outlaw’s user interface alone makes Microsoft Word look so tired. It’s intuitive design made onboarding new users simple. The dashboard makes it easy to track all your contracts and see their progress. The contract drafting process is so much more efficient, error-free, and easy now.

What do you dislike?

Not a dislike per se, but take the time to set up your templates properly. From there, you’re in the land of error-free, easy contract generation.

It has been easy to draft new contracts and then even easier to get contracts signed within a quick timeframe.

(Myself Only)

"Effortless Contracts"

What do you like best?

This really is an all-in-one platform. From authoring to signing, and all of the necessary work in between, Outlaw has designed and built an efficient and more accurate workflow, with the user experience in mind. They've streamlined a traditionally laborious, time-intensive, and sometimes opaque process into a scalable, indispensable tool.

What do you dislike?

The major integrations are there but we needed a specific-to-us integration. The team was more than willing to help us customize.

We're using Outlaw for every step of our workflow. Previously we were using multiple platforms. Now we have a central area where the team can view, collaborate, negotiate, and track all our documents.

CEO / Founder
Internet

"Much love for Outlaw"

What do you like best?

Particularly impressed with Outlaw’s negotiation functions. Specifically, their redlining, version control and commenting tools. Our contract negotiation and internal approval processes are much more streamlined. Editing contracts is also a breeze for us. The onboarding session was helpful, definitely recommend that. We are getting a lot of value out of it, big thanks to the Outlaw team!

What do you dislike?

There are some minor features that would be good to have, and we have provided feedback to the team. But so far, the team has been incredibly responsive.

We were wasting a lot of time managing our contracts via email and Word. Now, the amount of time we take to close a contract has reduced significantly.

"Contracts made more efficient"

What do you like best?

Saves time because there is less need for Microsoft Word “tracked changes” and “compare”; returned documents from third parties are in the system and tracked instead of emailed outside the system in MSWord where the other party could have changed something without tracking or notification.

What do you dislike?

Initially could only use Facebook to login, but they have added other options so that isn't much of an issue anymore.

Contracts stored all in one place (instead of usingSharepoint as before). Better track of version histories (along with the associated timelines for each), contract activities and negotiation threads. Wide range of contracts templates that has quickened the generation/negotiation timeline across the board for all types of contracts (NDAs, Teaming Agreements, SubContracts, etc.). Overall, Outlaw has been extremely valuable in providing us with streamlined contracts capabilities without the extravagant law firm prices.

"Outlaw from the beginning"

What do you like best?

Outlaw has been an incredibly powerful tool for growing our business. For our staff, it's made contract generation and drafting fast and error-proof; but just as important, Outlaw's sleek design and user-friendly interface makes a big impression at the beginning of a relationship, which matters a lot in a culture and image-driven industry. It feels like with Outlaw the contract process is actually exciting, which is kind of insane.

What do you dislike?

It takes a bit to onboard an initial template and could be a bit more intuitive, tho it is quite powerful once finished

ease of repetetive workflows

CEO

"Outlaw helps us organize!"

What do you like best?

The customer service from Outlaw is above par. They are attentive and accommodating.

What do you dislike?

We do run into a few clients that don't understand why a contract is coming from a third-party, but once we explain, they understand the ease of use!

Our contracts are organized and we are able to manage signatures efficiently.

Product Manager

"Great product, awesome customer support!"

What do you like best?

The platform is very intuitive and the customer support is incredibly helpful

What do you dislike?

It took some time to set up all templates in full but it ended up working flawlessly. Customer support helped me along the way!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We love Outlaw's ability for granular and easy customization on contract templates. This makes contract generation seamless and really 'wow' our clients. Also, customer service is very reliable!

Our business requires us to send out contracts regularly to our partners and clients. Managing this process on Outlaw has drastically reduced the time we spend on executing contracts because their efficient deal structure makes it so easy.

AC

"Closed a bunch of great deals & candidates"

What do you like best?

The interface is super simple and very easy for a non lawyer to navigate. Our clients don't want to read through 20 pages of legalese paperwork, they want to sign paper and get to work.

What do you dislike?

I'd love to see this integrate with a blockchain so that the contract once signed is verifiable.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Check out zapier and see how easy it is to chain together all your workflows.

I'm sending NDAs, RFPs and other basic project based paperwork to my clients. I'm also sending employees and contractors paperwork for internal projects. I've saved lots of time and my client pipeline is always feeling respected.

"Collaborative Document Management and Signing System"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, cost effective, reliable. From one template, I can create 5-7 different types of contracts that are customized to the deal. AND within seconds. Great customer support and onboarding training.

It is for more than contract documents. I can use it for various types of documents that require edits and reviews within a team and the final approved documents signed and archived.

What do you dislike?

I have not experienced anything negative so far; my expectations have been met and exceeded in many aspects.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ease of Use, Flexibility, Customer Support.

Mainly using Outlaw for contract generation based on customized templates. It has worked out great and started looking to use the system for collaborative document revisions. There are a lot of features we have yet to explore.

Strategy Consultant
Facilities Services

"Exceptional Customer Service. Game Changer."

What do you like best?

Outlaw keeps it simple for effective results. Their onboarding process exceeded expectations and the customer service team responded to questions in a timely manner.

What do you dislike?

No major dislikes. Any minor ones are in the cosmetics and organization which I anticipate will be corrected over time.

I use Outlaw for client engagements, rental agreement, capital leases, and ACH authorization forms.

C

"Eliminated redlines in email"

What do you like best?

I love that you can handle the entire contract signature process in 1 place. Not having to go back and forth on email saved me SO much time and energy.

What do you dislike?

The tool is pretty pricey. I understand that it's more robust than others out there, but it makes it tough for very small companies to use.

It helps to be able to have everything related to a contract in 1 place. It adds visibility and allows all parties to know where the hold up might be. You don't have to worry about if there is an email sitting in someone's inbox that may have gotten lost.

Founder & Principal
Design

"Outlaw saves me time and makes contracts simple for all involved"

What do you like best?

Great user experience. If I ever have any questions, the Outlaw team has been super responsive and helpful. Everything is in one place, and I don't have to manage multiple Word docs and PDFs.

What do you dislike?

There's not much to dislike about the product.

It has streamlined the process for both myself and consultants, clients, and partners. Saves me time and money.

UD

"Faster, easier, and the way contracts should be done"

What do you like best?

From creating the contract to templatizing, everything is online, in the cloud, and in one place. No more redlining Word docs and sending back and forth or asking for an editable version of a PDF.

What do you dislike?

Nothing I have encountered yet has been negative.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's inexpensive and robust. It will save you time.

Templates makes it easy and consistent to send frequently used contracts. It also helps track deal flow/where it is in process as well as get signatures quicker.

Response from Ying Ying Lim of Outlaw

We're glad you enjoy using Outlaw! 👍

Outlaw Features