MinuteDock - Smarter time tracking software Reviews & Product Details

MinuteDock - Smarter time tracking software Overview

What is MinuteDock - Smarter time tracking software?

MinuteDock is an online time tracking application that integrates with Xero, QuickBooks and Freshbooks, it makes tracking time flexible and easy and can set targets and budgets for users, teams, clients or projects - and see your progress in real-time.

MinuteDock - Smarter time tracking software Details

MinuteDock
2010
Auckland, New Zealand
@minutedock
706 Twitter followers

MinuteDock - Smarter time tracking software Reviews

Showing 7 MinuteDock - Smarter time tracking software reviews
Already have MinuteDock - Smarter time tracking software?
What do you like best?

What I like most about MinuteDock is that it does exactly what it says it is going to do. It doesn't have a bunch of confusing bells and whistles that a lot of minute timers do. I don't always track my freelance time (lots of my work is per project, not hour), but MinuteDock is the one I use when I do. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

While it's pretty simple to use, there are plenty of bells and whistles that I'm just never going to use. I kinda wish I could offload them. For someone using this all the time, it is definitely ideal though. I would suggest that they get the free trial and see if it's too much. Usually, people looking for something like this won't mind paying the cost of MinuteDock, but they might just need a time or general billing software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would consider using this if you have a lot of time to track. If you just need a simple billing tool, I'd avoid it. It might just be too much for you if that's the case. You might want to use something free or keep track of the data yourself with a spreadsheet. I'm even considering switching back to that based on the price of MinuteDock alone. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It hasn't done anything too extraordinary for me. I've used the export billing feature once or twice but not a whole lot. The reports for time is pretty interesting to me, but I don't need it. I think if I used it a lot, I'd probably use the reporting to see how efficient my work is. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Business Operations Manager
What do you like best?

With 12 executives, multiple level project managers and nearly 100 freelancers, it’s amazing how organized we were able to be using MinuteDock. It's such a great tool to keep up with your own time and stay on track of your team's time. With freelancers in the field it can be tough staying on top of their efforts but this software has made it so much simplier! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

More program integrations. Would love to sync this with ADP's programs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Timekeeping for internal teams and invoicing to customers Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of Human Resources
What do you like best?

It's very user friendly and pretty easy to set up. For a company our size, there are features missing that would be beneficial for us. The editing process was not as user friendly as I would have liked it to be Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't have all the resources a company like mine needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It needs to upgrade it's features to keep up with it's competitors. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

No more manual time sheets and easier to manager on the management end Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Payroll Specialist
Financial Services
What do you like best?

i can allocate hours worked to a specific client by using hahstags Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

based on my most recent experience nothing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

taggings hours worked for a certain client helps us invoice the number of hours worked for a project Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It is a very easy platform to use, you can include in this environment the members of your team and even other areas that you think should be, group the activities of each one and categorize them by project, assigning completion dates, including the budget that It is required to execute each one. In addition you can categorize the reports also, if you require them per worker, per execution time, per project, this will help you to detect critical knots that must be resolved so as not to affect the projects. At the level of integrations it will be easy to pay your suppliers if you integrate your accounting software this will allow you to have control over the invoicing and subsequent payment of taxes Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The free trial should last at least a month, so it would give the whole team time to go a little deeper into the use of the functions and measure their usefulness Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I started grouping all my team of accountants to this application, that helped us to organize our activities and to establish more precise times of realization, but to others it was ideal to organize our control of accounts payable to our suppliers and have everything up to date for our tax yield Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Digital Designer / Front end developer
Internet
What do you like best?

I used Minutedock for a very long time. It was a very useful time tracking tool. It was very intuitive and quick and easy to understand. Logging time was straight forward and the interface was good. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I didn't like was that on other time tracking tools, they have the option to have a start/stop option within your web browser. This makes it a little easier when you are working within the browser. If minutedock had introduced something like this then perhaps I would've continued using it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For anyone out there considering using Minutedock for time tracking, then I would encourage them to try it. The only reason I don't use this anymore is because I discovered a more all-round piece of software that can incorporate more into my day to day work. However if you are just looking to track tasks, time and give clients access to timesheets, you cannot go far wrong with Minutedock. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Working in web development, you always tend to be working on different jobs and within those jobs, working on different tasks. Minutedock allows you to log all the time you spend on any given task and even links up with your invoicing to make everything so much easier. Clients have access to timesheets and it gives them piece of mind as to what exactly is being worked on. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director
What do you like best?

Integration with Xero, and ease of tracking of time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Would be better if it integrated with more project management tools to bring in tasks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Integrate it with your accounts package to do the invoicing automatically. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Consulting labour time tracking. Increased chargeable utilisation rate through better time tracking. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.