McKesson Connect Reviews & Product Details

McKesson Connect Overview

What is McKesson Connect?

McKesson Connect: comprehensive online ordering platform that supports the business needs of your pharmacy.

McKesson Connect Details

$214,319
@McKesson
23,173 employees on LinkedIn®
Answer a few questions to help the McKesson Connect community
Have you used McKesson Connect before?

McKesson Connect Reviews

Showing 30 McKesson Connect reviews
Already have McKesson Connect?
What do you like best?

It’s very easy to get your medical supplies and delivery is prompt. They have a very large supply of products and products are usually not on back order. Covid has caused some issues though. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

No dislikes! The website could use an update though. It’s a little slow and laggy and could be easier to navigate Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Ordering all of my medical supplies for the school I work at since I am a school nurse. I have a lot of students at our school, roughly 3,000 and they require a lot of medications and supplies. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Simple to use system. Best is the ability to create custom reporting. Also ability to work with other third party administrators. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The automated system with another third party administrator and it doesn't allow customization. Sometimes the reports are difficult to pull because there are so many options and it is unclear what each selection does. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Integration with other third party administrators. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Primarily working connect as a second wholesaler. Work's great for drug shortages. They seem to have more availability on some drugs than other wholesalers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Everything can be done in one place and in one easy step. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There wasn’t much about this software system that I didn’t like. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

None Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I don’t have any problems but benefits are that I can also order and look up stuff on the same site. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The most helpful thing is that you are able to create templates for each area of our unit and easily order with just a couple clicks once you have each item added. Also how easily it is to add an item to the template. What I love the most is how it allows you to sort the items to be able to find them faster. Any one from our department, once the training completed, can access it and order things when ever they see supply item that we are getting low on. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I really dislike how sometime it is hard to find a new item to add to the template, and how once submitted you do not get a receipt of what you have ordered only the requisition number. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

To create a confirmation button/print out to know what orders have been submitted. I recommend to have a "Superuser" per department. Sometimes it is difficult to search for an item. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to keep our department stocked when materials management is unable to get up to our unit fast enough, helps us not depend only on them. The biggest benefit is how fast we receive our supplies when our unit has a need. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like that you are able to group all of the products that your department is ordering into a section or a folder. Once you have them in the folder then you are able to create templates designated to each department. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how hard it is to use mckesson ordering system. It is complicated when you don't know if you actually ordered a product or not. It is very hard to go back and find where you have placed an order. It doesn't say it has been confirmed once you click that you want to add a certain amount of the items to your cart. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend that that there is a better way when ordering products that it would confirm that you ordered and also if there was a way that it would be able to tell you if someone else on the same unit ordered the same item within a certain amount of time. That way it wouldn't be duplicate orders arriving before items are expiring. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The problems are that you don't know what you are ordering sometimes if you actually have clicked to confirm or not. There is not a button that says confirm or there is not a page that comes up with a confirmation that tells you that you have placed the order or when it will arrive. there is no way to even track the order. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Engineering Lab Student
Higher Education
What do you like best?

What I truly loved most about McKesson was how timely it was with providing information that needs to be readily accessible on the job on a day to day basis. For instance, if you order a drug and it does not come in when it is expected to come in, you can hop onto McKesson connect and type the name and you will see why or why not it did not come in. McKesson Connect has all the details about discontinued drugs, back order drugs, manufacturer details and all that a pharmacy job needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I disliked the fact that the company I worked for was not able to detect the fact that a drug is not in stock to be ordered, it simply let you order the drug and you only find out if the drug is not in stock until it does not come in. So McKesson can maybe try to connect better with its buyers in terms of not letting orders come in for something that is not there this way the workflow in a pharmacy job is easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make the website user interface better by making it simpler. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Helps keep track of inventory, knowing more about the companies we are dealing with. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UP
What do you like best?

I like that you can easily find generic equivalents, and replacements when an item is no longer available. I like that we can see on hands to know how available certain meds are Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike when I cant always see the exact pack size of certain products. This is hard when dealing with an injectable medication I've never dispensed before and need to know how many pens or mls are in each box (some have 2,3 or 5) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Mckesson is very user friendly. It is the first and only pharmacy ordering system I have ever used. I have worked in 3 pharmacies and have used it at all of them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to find our exact cost for meds and even run test claims for patients who are interested in certain meds. Mckesson helps us find specific NDC numbers and exact quantities and item specs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

Extremely user-friendly. They have everything for hospital and also ambulatory surgery center.T hey provide Pharma and able to apply for CSOS to order Narcotics through the software they have. The vendors are very reliable and respond quickly . Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The price used to be expensive however they have been contracted with HPG GPO and able to acquire at a cheaper rate . Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

AWesome system cheap and user friendly . They provide support on the field and online..Place orders, get product updates and review order status in the most efficient manner.

Access the latest information about your programs and services to get the most out of them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

No wasted time on getting the products for the surgeries Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

So easy to use , nothing on the market great as McKesson Connect. So easy to use and very transparent when ordering . Provides back order in real time , right when you place an order . I use other companies for ordering supplies and and nothing is close as this product. The pharmacy and ability to order medication for our healthcare facility is awesome . Deliveries are on time and a Mckesson vendor is alwasy available on site every week before placing the orders . Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing , I do like this product very much ! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Awesome product for healthcare distribution for supplies and medications . Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Distributor -Healthcare for supplies and medications . Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UP
What do you like best?

I like the fact that you can order all of your products in one place. There is a valid order history, ability to track past invoices and you can search by NDC, brand, or generic name. The software is very easy to use and the support is very attentive. Their portfolio is massive - this is a huge perk, being the largest pharmaceutical company in the world. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The pricing at McKesson is overrated. Things are very expensive - ESPECIALLY generics. They are doing pharmacies over when it comes to trapping them in their GCR's and it is incredibly unfortunate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

None. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I've realized that it's good to have a variety of wholesalers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

McKesson Connect cut the scheduling teams workload in half, saved the company tons of money, and allowed the schedulers more time to generate new orders. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only downside to McKesson Connect was the difficulties in using the software and being able to train and teach new employees or people filling in for a short time. It's a benefit to the scheduling department and managers, however, we had to undergo a week long training class just to know how to use it. With any healthcare company, the turnover rate is high, this means that everyone using the software needs to know how to also. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I worked as a scheduler for a hospice home care agency, we served over half of WA State and constantly had new orders coming in from doctors and hospitals. Before McKesson Connect, we would have to Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

There is easy input in the system, pretty easy to figure out. Wide array of products from medications to OTC items. Easy to look at past orders and look up medications by NDCs. I like the fact that it tells you when a medication is on back order and when the expected arrival date is. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is kind of hard to find the price for the customer. If the customer asks for a specific OTC item, and asks the price, it is easy to see what the price for the pharmacy is, but kind of hard to find the price that the patient will pay. My pharmacy makes us check in everything that comes in the order, and sometimes a few items on the order are in different places, which makes them harder to find. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think McKesson is very easy to use, and the orders come in correctly the vast majority of the time. The support line is very helpful and quick. I wish we could use McKesson to order all of our drugs, however this is most cost effective, and we need to order through our pharmacy warehouse. Mckesson does a good job of telling the user what is in the order, what is coming in the order, and what is on backorder. The only thing I wish was better was the quantities that are ordered be automatically inputted in the system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

My pharmacy uses McKesson Connect to order pharmaceutical products in order to increase our profits and provide proper medication for patients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

Pros: real time inventory levels. Can see brand & all generics available with 1 click. Easy to find OTC pricing and product descriptions. Easy returns and tracking online as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could order directly from McKesson connect with no subs option. Meds with Inventory levels marked as less than 100 available are sometimes out of stock. It would be nice to see what your allocation limit (if you have exceed your max for the time frame) is when items are in short supply. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Solving supply issues for patients by quickly finding alternatives for out of stock items or preferred items at lower cost. Also saves time if an item in a class of meds is unavailable, I can know right away and call doc for a substitute without wasting time on the phone or waiting for the invoice to show up with an out of stock note. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I used McKesson Connect when I was working for a medical office and I really loved the simple user face and quick delivery. Most times we got our delivery the next day! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I managed multiple offices and sometimes I would accidentally be on the wrong office and had to deal with moving the products from the wrong office to the right one. Maybe there could be a “are you sure?” feature to make me look twice. User error, I know! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Streamlined ordering. Their prices were great so instead of having to order from multiple sources, we just had one place to reference now Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Certified Pharmacy Technician
What do you like best?

Mckesson Connect was very easy to navigate and see if drugs were available. It was easy to learn and order stock for the pharmacy. It was easy to see which manufacturers medications were in stock to meet patient needs Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The last month or so I used it I could not order straight through the website was a bit of a hassle Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It made it easy to see if a specific manufacturer was in stock to order for those hard to please patients that had their preferred manufacturer's Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

We use McKesson at work, every day. In the medical field, this program is top rated. It allows us as clinicians to follow a patient through their entire hospital stay and chart as needed. Confidential and easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

At this time, I have not found anything I dislike. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Accurate charting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AR
What do you like best?

I like that I can actually see what medications are in stock and what is not. I also like that usually there is an update as to when the medication could be coming off manufacturer backorder. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do not like when it says there are over 100 bottles in stock but you can't order it. I feel like that it a glitch that needs to be fixed in the system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The benefits I have realized with Mckesson is that you can tell the patients for certain if the medication is in stock or not once you try and reserve the medication over the phone. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Everything is separated into sections based on the order we go in and it is all clear and concise which makes it easy to use and chart with. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are some glitches that make it sometimes difficult to complete charting. It should save automatically when enterimg information because if you forget to save you have to start over. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is beneficial for charting on patients and being able to connect with other departments and their documents on that particular patient. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Pharmacy Technician
Supermarkets
What do you like best?

A lot of the program is very self intuitive. It’s easy to use, especially for those of us familiar with Pharmacy programs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Seems to be slow, at the few different companies I have noticed the program can slow down to a crawl. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Inventory. Being able to assess the actual inventory vs what is in McKesson connect helps us see where errors may be occurring. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Medication Therapy Management Technicia
What do you like best?

Links and search tools are upfront and centered. This makes for seamless search functions. I love the up to date mass information that is readily available for all to see. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is quite a bit of duplication of information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are given clear answers to relay on shortages and outages. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UP
What do you like best?

This system is basic and easy to use. It rarely malfunctions which is important for daily use. Patients rely on the system and it’s proven itself. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can freeze up from time to time but could be our computers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to go through our patients quicker, and get things done Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Ease of use is huge. Able to search via ndc, generic, brand and strengths Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not always the fastest processing system Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Good supplier, efficient system, great for service and large variety of drugs and medical supplies Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Overnight deliveries on urgent/semi-urgent medications & products. Allows buyer to get earlier than ordering from company warehouse Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AP
What do you like best?

System is very user friendly, can easily switch between users in a busy pharmacy with limited computers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The McKesson Connect Support system is a separate entity. Would be nice if all one system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The software is very easy to use. We have multiple groups of staff members that use the system on a daily basis and it was very easy to train all parties. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The software allows for us to easily generate reports Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like the options you can choose to view charts differently. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes patient charts automatically sync with each other when you don't want them to. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great to use I could not go a work day without it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Has streamlined use for the coding team to be on the same page. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

The best thing about Mc is it’s ability to see current work in the production que’s. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Lack of ability to change program layout or link things to patient profiles Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

During the work day the way McKesson connect is set up makes it easy to escalate orders for patients who are waiting in the store. This helps tremendously with customer service and helps to retain loyal patrons. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.