Hippo Video Reviews & Product Details

Hippo Video Overview

What is Hippo Video?

Hippo Video is a cloud-based video CX platform by Lyceum Technologies Inc, Newark, Delaware. Since its launch, Hippo Video has managed to acquire over 1 Million users before launching the latest video CX platform. Hippo Video is built for the needs of your Sales, Marketing, and Support teams enabling them to humanize communication thus allowing to have REAL engagement with your prospects and customers. It has more than 1,000 mid and large business customers globally including the likes of Panasonic, Freshworks, Chargebee, Tailwinds Transportation, Essilor, Clarify Med, etc. Visit: https://www.hippovideo.io for more details.

Hippo Video Details

Power of Video. Built for your Business.

Hippo Video allows you to take care of your entire video marketing funnel. We provide you the tools to create and edit videos which otherwise would take hours of professional help. With our tools, your marketing, sales, and support teams are always in sync to drive your business forward using videos. If you want to be a video-centric business, start using Hippo Video now.

Lyceum Technologies Inc.

Hippo Video Videos

Hippo Video Screenshots

Hippo Video Reviews

Showing 179 Hippo Video reviews
Already have Hippo Video?
New Business Development
Owner
Global Business Development
What do you like best?

The combination of emotional connection with your intended viewers and operational efficiency are remarkable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

This isn't a dislike of Hippo Video but of presenting in front of a camera in general and that is the comfort level required. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I own and run a small business in the home improvement sector. With Hippo Video I'm solving several problems.

1) I'm able to not only do what was once done on the road, now selling from my office, but I'm able to provide a more robust and streamlined bid package in the process as well. It's not just quicker and easier, it's better.

2) My prospective clients are able to have a convenient pitch for their project. Particularly relevant during COVID19, but going forward as well. Contrary to popular belief, not everyone wants 2-3 strangers walking through their home for a half an hour each every time they have an upgrade they'd like to make.

3) I'm inspired to make my sales process about personalized valuable content instead of glad handing and advertisement. There's much backend work needed to develop this level of workflow, but Hippo has the perfect platform to educate buyers while giving them easy access to all materials in one landing page where they can also see my face, hear my voice, and feel my energy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It's very easy to use. There are not a lot of unnecessary steps to create video, and our customers love getting that personal attention. It's fun too, and sets our company apart. It's a great way to showcase something that being an online retail store a customer might want to see before completing their purchase. We have used it for trouble shooting, to demonstrate how to do something, and even to show them their "defective" pen is not in fact, defective. It's great to bring a personal touch to the digital age. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice to bulk delete videos after they have expired, rather than one by one. That's really the only thing I would change. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take a look at the tutorials, but make sure you use it daily so you can keep up to date on things that are happening there. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We sell fountain pens, so anything where we need to show the customer a fix- the video is so much easier than just trying to describe it using words. It also allows us to put a face with the Customer Service Rep, so the customer sees we are real people, and creates that instant connection. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

• Pricing

• Integrated video editing features

• Customisation options. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

• The extension did not recognise my login sometime but seems to me that the issue has been fixed.

• Can be a bit slow at times compared to Loom but have seen improvements over time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're a part of a small team and need an affordable video capturing app, HippoVideo is the best option out there.

The storage provided, the features offered and pricing beats every other comparable product on the market. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As a part of the support team, we need to share video demonstrations of certain features, troubleshooting steps, our debugging videos, etc. Hippovideo is very handy is such cases instead of using the native video recorder on the OS.

We also need to take out audio from our recording very often and Hippovideo's video editor has made it really easy for us to do so. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Ease of use and the thoroughness of the product. The price is quite reasonable as well. They do a GREAT job of adding extra features to the product, but we don't always take advantage of them. The fact that they seem to be continuously improving the platform also means a lot - I feel confident that more will come and that we'll make even greater use of it. The fact that out team can login to the platform to create their videos from wherever that are located is nice especially useful during these times as we're all working remotely. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes features are not fully built out when released or can be a bit buggy. While the support has always been good, sometimes it takes a while for them to get back to you. While not that complex to use - it still takes a while to get an organization on-board with using it. While it's great that you can add calls to action on the videos, they can look a little hokey. The software automatically adds 'Hippo' to the search keywords when you try share videos via YouTube. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it out! The software is easy to use and the support team quite good (though sometimes takes a bit to respond). I don't think you'll likely find a better-priced product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recording videos for marketing announcements. Recording videos to use for product tours. We also use Hippo video to create support-oriented 'How-to' videos. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The best part about Hippo is the plugins for Linked In and Outlook. It makes it very easy to record videos quickly. Also, the teleprompter is great. Very easy to create scripts. In addition, the training videos are great. Really good tips on how to create effective videos. The training tools have helped to make videos a lot easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Needs an office in the U.S for customer support. Also, I've had issues creating sales pages. There should be an easier way to accomplish this. Even then, the fact that you can add a carousel of other content in addition to the video is great! Other than that, I don't really see anything to dislike about Hippo. So far, so good. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You should sign up for the free trial and see for yourself. Once you start using it, it is very hard to go back to traditional email. The engagement you receive is going to provide a lot of organizations with new opportunities to connect with their prospects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Reaching prospects in a more personalized way has increased the connection rate. I now have an alternative way to stand out and improve my email open rates. Another problem that is now non-existent is the doubt of whether or not the prospect opened your email. Hippo provides important information about the prospect's engagement with your video. It is very helpful to know when a customer has opened an email or looked at your video because it illustrates signs of interest. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like that I can utilize the landing page to have all of my email, company links, and personal links all in one page. It makes things very easy to be passed on to other members of the company instead of relying on the contact to forward an email. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

1. I don't like how it freezes quite often when trying to create a new video from Gmail.

2. I think the lading pages should have more editing options (Might be the package we have) I felt very limited in my creativity and wanted to add more photos to the landing page.

3. I don't like that it doubles my signature if I create a 1-1 Video from Gmail. (This might be a setting I'm not aware of) but other folks not as tech-savvy would not know this was happening.

4. I think you have good educational content on the home page but think it would be better if you could add more things to this page like "your video files" or "created landing pages" etc. People see the home button and think everything will be located there.

5. Off of 4, I think it would be helpful to have better guidance of where things are located within your web page. Something that guides people where to go a little better.

6. I think it would be better if you had the video already started as private instead of the public for personal users.

Hope this helps with some feedback! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend understanding how to integrate the landing page and video first! Once you have a great landing page it gets super easy to complete. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm letting customers know more about new products coming out with Dwyer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Working with Hippo has be an excellent experience. The software works like a charm and the team behind in unbelievable, I am really impressed I have to say. This year was a rollercoaster ride and we all had to adjust more than we ever could have imagined prior. The decision to empower our sales team to add this new sales vehicle paid off significantly. I did expect that customers would react positively, but what I did not expected how well this tool was received with our sales team. A side effect was a motivational boost at the team what lead to great positive energy.

We will continue to use Hippo and intend to introduce this concept into other global markets we are active in. It seems that the pandemic has fast tracked a process of change in our society and who does not recognize it will be stuck in the past.

I am glad we found Hippo and look very positive into the future. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is not much I do not like about Hippo. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is always difficult to stand out when leaving a voice mail by phone. Also your message cant be shared that easy by the receiver. This changes when sending a video. The voice gets a face, a human face gets memorized and you can show what you have to offer. The video can be forwarded by the person who receives it. Customers find it appealing to work with a company who is modern. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Hippo Video is very easy to start with. You can quickly record a clip, insert into a message and send it off. I integrated it with Gmail and can send it directly from there. I also like that if you need to restart, you can do that as well. If you really want to plan a video out, you can even make a scrolling teleprompter while you are recording. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that if you send a video with a 'Reply to Video' link, the response is not in a direct email reply to you, but instead a response that you have to log into the Hippo Video site to see. If you don't make a habit of login into the site to check your responses or metrics, then you will be missing some information.

If you use a signature in Hippo Video settings, but make a video in Gmail and also have a signature setting by default, then videos sent through Gmail will have a double signature. It's an extra step that you have to delete one of the signatures before sending out your video.

It could be a little easier when re-recording a video. Currently, it requires making what appears to be a few unnecessary clicks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

At least give the trial a shot. Use it, at first it may be unusual to make videos, but it won't be long before you make it a normal tool to aid in the selling process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have been able to bring a bit of authenticity to our selling process. It brings the person factor back into digital selling. It is also something that still stands out from many of my competitors. Putting a face to a person, as well as that customer hearing their name being said helps promote a connection and helps you not look like you are just mass messaging people. Responses from customers have been positive. I suppose if they were not a fan, you may not have got any response - but it is something that is different. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Agent
What do you like best?

Very easy to use. There is a ton of training videos on how to use the platform correctly. Customer service is superb. I like the fact that you can also send videos as a text message. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is not comparable with IOS on my Ipad. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

What are you waiting for? This is so easy to use and will put you miles ahead of your competition. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It saves me time to just shoot a video and say the same thing I was going to say in an e-mail. There are training videos are how to approach a prospect, how to ask for the sale, how to follow up, say thank you. Clients and prospects will look at your video, sometimes two or three times. The clients can see your smiling face, your enthusiasm, your gestures, body language etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It is a easy way to share a video message with many people quickly. I think video is easier to get people to open.

It has been great send messages to my team quickly instead typing out long messages for people. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is sometimes is difficult to record a message and have it go into the right template. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a cool tool to have your emails stand out. I love the idea of having the video included in the email. One click is convenient for others to view Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have been trying solve the problem of having people open emails after I have connected with them. It is a second layer to get people to open the email and re connect.

Any way that you can get someone to open the email is wonderful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love the ability to integrate with my gmail/gsuite! Being able to send a campaign without leaving my email is fan-doggone-tastic. We are all looking for ways to reach our customers while being productive. This is it and the fact that it is video is so awesome! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I want a mobile app! I want to be able to send quick Hippo vids from my phone without the browser, especially when I'm on the go! Did I miss that? Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get it. There are other software application that do similar jobs but my measurement is the fact that I keep coming back to Hippo Video. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Helping clients to see what they can do on their computers. Responding directly to challenges. It gives the benefit of body language and facial expressions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

HippoVideo has made it possible for us to build connections with potential clients right now. The landing pages allows us to present clear and concise information to our target audience in a presentable and professional layout. Our videos are being well received! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Downsides are that you can't make a document the feature of the sales landing pages. We are constantly attaching way too many documents to emails and I was hoping HippoVideo could just allow us to use a URL to feature one document when needed : ) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Schedule a personal walk through to learn how to use Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

HippoVideo is helping us build relationships with clients before even meeting them. They get to see our face, hear our story and share with others right away! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Major Market Sales Executive
What do you like best?

I explored a lot of video platforms and Hippo Video seemed to be the most flexible, offering the most options. Key items for me are the greenscreen capabilities and built-in teleprompter. Also, they are very strong in training and customer service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike much. The control panel can be a little clumsy at times but nothing too bad. Trying to figure out the "sales pages" can be confusing too but once you do they are awesome. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I've been able to connect in a new way with prospects and stay top of mind during the sales process. Since we can't meet in person video has allowed me to stay connected with prospects and clients in a way that phone and email never could. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like the ability to create the video and create pages that would include the video as templates. Actually used it when I accepted the offer for my new job! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The editing wasn't too clear but the helpline folks were great. There are some things I am not too sure about but I just recently got the system and just need to use it. There are some tools that I am not sure how to use them but it is from the fact I haven't tried using them yet. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want to standout it is a great tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As I have used it, it allows me to get in front of decision-makers who check their own email. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I really like the ability to record a video as many times as I need to before I hit send. Also, I like that I can include the video in the body of an email so that it is not an attachment Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is much easier for me to make videos on my laptop vs doing it on my cell phone. it takes too long to upload from my cell phone. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Hippo Video has solved the huge problem of not being able to visit customers becasue of Covid. We can now, visit via video and sell using video Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

VP of Marketing
What do you like best?

I love the gmail integration. I can easily send someone a video, screen share to get their attention. I love the analytics to see if they opened and viewed the video so I can see if my strategy is working or tweak it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

With the gmail integration, I often end up clicking the button when I’m going to draft an email. It take a second to close it out, so I can go back to writing a regular email. This can be all my fault too, as I’m super quick and sloppy with my mouse. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This helps to differentiate my agency, build more one-on-one connections. And I love the ease of creating landing pages! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CH
What do you like best?

Customer service is fantastic as they walk you thru all the moving parts of their system and are very friendly along with being knowledgeable. What a great concept to have a video that your customers do not have to download. Client love it and very responsive to my emails. Even though they are overseas, they will work tirelessly to provide outstanding service and answer any questions. Great patience with non tech people like myself. Patience by all staff that interact with me. Very knowledgable and friendly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Great organization to work with for a new product. Looking forward to their constant improvements within the products to make it even more outstanding. All companies should model after their great service and products. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great company that will help you sell more. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Connecting with clients and they appreciate the personal touch. They respond back to an email with a video as compared to a just words on a page. Hippo Video provides another level of connection with the client. First class operation. Keep up the great work Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Hippo intregrates with mail, Linkedin and many more tools /social media we use to reach our prospects. This makes it easy to personalise each message which gives a bigger rersponse rate. All are team members are able to make their message how they want it within the company guidelines. But with the personel toutch it makes it succesfull. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It takes a while before you get used to the way of managing every thing but it is not a real dislike. More easy to use templates would be nice but than again original templates custom made are more presonel Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just try it for a while and you will see that this is the way to engage with your focus group. All the time you spend will be rewarded well. Within the sales team you will notice a collaboration and a movement out of the comforte zone. Excalty what you need to get in the right flow. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have quicker interaction with our focus group and we get very possitive feedback on the effort we took to make a Hippo video massage. We have a new way to reachout to our audience. We are a step ahead of our competittors. It makes our day of work more collourfull and we got new energy in the team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Western Regional Sales Director, Adams Print Solutions
What do you like best?

Hippo Video Is easy to use. Emails I have sent to customers have been opened and the response has been awesome. Customers and Prospects love them and a few have led to sales. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately I was unable to work with Sugar CRM at this point. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure your team gets over the fear of making video, just jump in and do it. If you try to be perfect the video will never get made. Just Do It! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The biggest problem I have been overcoming is reaching prospective customers now working from home. Has been great reaching customers I have never met face to face with, only through prospecting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.