Kiddom Reviews & Product Details

Kiddom Overview

What is Kiddom?

The Kiddom Education Platform connects curriculum, instruction, and assessment in one place with integrated tools for communication. With Kiddom, schools and districts stay prepared for teaching and learning in any scenario – blended learning, hybrid, or distance learning. For a more flexible, interactive digital curriculum, educators can import their own curriculum and standards into the platform, or hit the ground running with pre-packaged high-quality curriculum by Open Up Resources. With Kiddom, educators can easily adjust scope and sequence to their district's needs, share, and give teachers freedom to contextualize lessons freely for their classrooms' unique needs. Teachers and students never have to leave the platform to record videos and audio, assign, view, complete, or grade lessons, view realtime reports (summative or formative), or communicate in a multitude of ways. And now, with an upgrade to Kiddom Live, teachers can host live sessions for 1:1, student groups, or the entire class. Provide actionable data to every member of your learning community, ensure resources and coaching are delivered at exactly the right time, and empower teachers and learners to unlock their full potential with Kiddom.

Kiddom Details
Discussions
Kiddom Community

Kiddom is the all-in-one school operating system, that allows classrooms gain access to a library of teaching resources and curriculum development tools.

Kiddom
2014
San Francisco, CA
@kiddomapp

Answer a few questions to help the Kiddom community
Have you used Kiddom before?

Kiddom Reviews

Showing 11 Kiddom reviews
Already have Kiddom?
English Teacher
What do you like best?

Easy grading with rubrics (that students can see), which makes grading go by much more quickly; the subsequent data linked to specific rubrics and skills gives a much more meaningful, comprehensive picture of student learning than a simple letter grade (even if the grade eventually has to be boiled down to one score by the end of a semester or year). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could have a teacher-facing unit/lesson-planning tool... but I know that's in the works! I also wish there were an easy integrated way to leave comments on student work, like a comment bank I can set up and drag comments onto assignments as I'm grading. It would be cool if it were color-coded to coordinate with rubrics too, if an assignment is using more than one rubric. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It helps me identify where my students are struggling, so I don't waste time re-teaching something they either already understand or can't get because they're missing an earlier step. I can also use it to show students how much they do know and how much they've improved, if they're frustrated by not getting a new concept. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Secondary Mathematics Teacher
What do you like best?

I like the newsfeed format for the assignments which feels like current social media setups. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that I am unable to switch to a grid mode for easier grade inputing and how the system does not allow me to make an assignment and quickly assign to all classes without first putting it in the planner. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you use Kiddom if you would like a whole system for assignments and support. If you only want a gradebook system you may need a different resource. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Standards based grading allows for less overall grading and more focus on skills. Also, the grade readout of “on track” or not allows for easier conversations with students. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Teacher
What do you like best?

I’ve used Kiddom in my 5th grade classroom for the past 3 years and love it. I’m able to successfully utilize personalized learning paths with my students because of the user-friendly features. I’ve shared Kiddom in district PD events and encourage my colleagues to give it a try! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I’d like to be able to drag and drop items in the timeline into a different order after they’ve been added. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Differentiation is a breeze. It makes my students more independent and has helped teach task management. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Teacher
Education Management
What do you like best?

During the PD session they had experts walking around making sure each teacher was at the right step before progressing on. They all maintained a positive and professional demeanor throughout the entire day. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There was a little bit of a technical problem, which caused a little confusion among the group. However they were more then will to step up during that time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I love that Kiddom creates rubrics that alone with the standards. That will make my life a hundred times easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Math Teacher
Education Management
What do you like best?

I like the open resources that are already created, so you don't have to reinvent the wheel. I also like that I was able to add my own curriclum as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some of the open resouces have the answers attached. This won't work for our students that we want to complete the assignments. There are some awesome lessons on learnzillion, but they are lessons and not activities per se for the students. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Kiddom helps us with personalized learning. The teachers created curriculum and the students will choose which subject and skills they want to work on. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Third Grade Math and Science Teacher
What do you like best?

I love the calming colors because as a teacher things can become overwhelming but the colors help to cal me Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not sure. I have to play around with it more Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

One-stop shop for extra practice work Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Information Officer
What do you like best?

Effective with file sharing.

The messaging is nice which is faster for passing information.

The reports are nice and friendly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

No dislike for it was great for file sharing Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Yes it's so great for file sharing Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sharing files is great and convinient with use.

Reliable for assignments.

Great for task management Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The option to manage classes online such an interactive way to communicate, teach and learn at the same time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It freezes somtimes or it become buggy that I have to restart the app Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ease of use, the functionalities are the best better than google classroom Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I can download my stats, works well with my students who arent that tech savvy Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Computer Programmer
Computer Networking
What do you like best?

Makes learning new things easier and exciting for everyone. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is an excellent learning software which anyone can you, as such no downsides to Kiddom Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a very good application for learning Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I helps me share and personalise feedback. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

I like that it is loaded with resources sorting by grade and subject that you can easily connect to standards and assign to students. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Although it was very easy to search standards, I did dislike the fact that I had to actually search for them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Kiddom is very easy for those who are not tech savy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am solving the problem of consistently using data to assign differentiated work. One benefit is being able to get an overview of student mastery by analyzing data. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

I love that everything is in one site. I don’t have to search 5 different sites to find something that fits in with a standard I am teaching. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

So far there is nothing I dislike about Kiddom. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Everything in one space. And analyze student data. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.