Justinmind Reviews & Product Details

Justinmind
2005
San Francisco, CA
@just_in_mind
Answer a few questions to help the Justinmind community
Have you used Justinmind before?

Justinmind Reviews

Showing 46 Justinmind reviews
Already have Justinmind?
Associate Design Director
What do you like best?

Once you get into the weeds there's a ton of functionality you can fake. Worked great for user testing complex user flows where the client required data entry and no developers were available. Great transitions and animations before other solutions were available. I liked the collaboration workflow once we invested in team licenses. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The lack of learning material with reliable solutions made training new users difficult. A job onto its own. Large/rich/robust Prototypes could become sluggish. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great software especially for large robust prototypes. A great collaboration tool when multiple folks are working on the same project. Make sure your global elements are built the same. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Most notably for the ups tracking and shipping experience and for the under amour mobile app. I Enjoyed using the software that allows for some pretty powerful prototyping. There is a bit of a learning curve that could use a more robust help desk for conditional actions. testing form fields. Literally tested all of the current ups tracking and shipping flows. As well as the account creation and dashboard creation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Lead UI/UX Designer
What do you like best?

It's easy to use, drag and drop feature and components helps a lot in making things. Import from photoshop and illustrator is a good edge. And most importantly sharing with the client make life easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes took too much time to publish. Font size did not match with actual HTML, should be in pixels. There should be option of using some video formats like flv or mp4 to help near to live preview. Import from photoshop and illustrator is not that friendly and need improvement. I still not find the gradient effect in JIM. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

JIM will make your life easier, it's easy to use high fidelity tool. You can share the prototype with your client for feedback. I am working on photoshop and then take my designs to this tool for sharing and feedback. This makes my life easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Mostly using it for banking and insurance sites/mobile app. Helped me a lot in fixing things quickly while in a call with a client. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love the UI library - it has everything you need for both Android and IOS, over 4000 UI elements to save your time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

alignment - no matter how many rulers and alignment I use to make sure everything is aligned on my artboards, when I proceed to simulate the prototype - there seems to be quite a lot of misalignments. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use Justinmind to build wireframes for websites and apps, and I love the fact that it's soooo intuitive, it took me less than 5 minutes to learn this tool and find out where everything is. It helps me to design much quicker than any other tool, thanks to all features and UI libraries, input fields, buttons and all the other helpful components. I do not have to waste time and create them from scratch, with a simple click it's done Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UX/UI Designer - Mobile Team
What do you like best?

Justinmind provides a very intensive libraries for all the interactions I need. It's perfect for hi-fi prototype where the product design is almost final. I love how I can synch my prototypes on different platforms seamless and make my presentation to the team so much easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There's a learning curve for sure, but once you get the basics down, it's pretty straightforward. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

There were several user experience design approaches that we needed to validate, but couldn't come to a conclusion on which one was the most optimal. The two designs required a very subtle animation to emphasize the interaction we wanted and most prototype tools couldn't do that except for Justinmind. The prototypes came out exactly the way I wanted and it helped the user study immensely. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

UX is one of the better among the other similar programs Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

pricing strategy might be a little bit too aggressive Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Mostly, mind maps for my projects Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

II
What do you like best?

Easy prototyping, Simulating with click through, very advanced, widgets, very much efficient and productive, very easy to convince clients by providing them with look and feel. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing much. Pricing could be little affordable for individual users like me Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Price can be reduced for individual user or a billing system can be introduced for the level of usage Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Look an feel of an mobile app or any softwares prototyping. Heavy Documentation can be avoided, less confusion and goofups. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Product Design Architect
What do you like best?

Collaboration is the key feature in justinmind. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not offering the web version of justinmind. Desktop is the old trend now. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Not happy with the overall experience. I shifted to the other tool that is very popular in the design world. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CP
What do you like best?

I like the data portion of the prototyper. I can add logic to show real animations, interactions or processes to help to better communicate my designs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

No dislikes so far. I wish more people used it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Showing complete processes in my designs for complicated enterprise designs. I believe the details I'm able to provide using JustInMind helps to bridge the gap when communicating and sharing designs with development and management. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UP
What do you like best?

Much many tools that can be used in building website pages' prototypes Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It take a while till finish, we hope it becomes faster.. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You will not find a software looks like this one. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Justinmind accelerated our project by allowing us to mimic web pages from our minds in an easy way that is faster than other ways around! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Software Engineer
What do you like best?

I liked design, prototype and animate very much. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I could not collaborate with my colleges and keeping everyone fully engaged and notified of changes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Justinmind had helped me and other my college to make product we love. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I had develop mobile application from idea to mobile application. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like the fact that it helps us project managers to create wireframes and prototype using the same platform easily Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

May be the UI can be improved. Other than that everything is fine Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Perhaps introduce new features Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Wireframing and prototyping Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CC
What do you like best?

Diagramming tools, easy to drag and drop. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are many other similar products in the market. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Marketing can be done better Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I used it for making web prototyping in one of my project. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Digital Marketing Executive
What do you like best?

Best for website wireframe

We can create stunning Mobile prototype

You can add user and share prototype

Good collection of entities Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing which is I dislike but limited features access in trial version Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am creating wireframe and prototype for mobile app for my project and continue sharing prototype with my team for review Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Master's in E-Business Technologies
What do you like best?

1. Very simple and easy to use.

2. Justinmind allows prototype design for a variety of device sizes.

3. Client demos can be conducted very well due to the high resolution of the prototype that gets created. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

1. Difficulty in sharing the prototype as it doesn't offer any sharing via cloud or uploading of the prototype in a unique url.

2. For demos in end devices, the prototype needs to be extracted by using and played by using the Justinmind browser extension.

However all these cons are accepted as it isn't much cumbersome. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

1. Prototype design for the UI of banking and insurance clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It is a great tool that helps you in effective and both high standard and low prototyping. Now you can make variable designs according to device size requirements. It has high resolution that helps you with better client demos. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is an efficient tool so no dislikes about it yet. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is very easy to design and great. Very fine for use and setup. The features are very diverse and with great variety. It is very user-friendly and very time saving. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Due to different designs and complexity you get different types to create. That’s helps you to deal with good clients and with better compatibility. Helps to create more beautiful designs with more innovation and leads to customer satisfaction. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

It is a great tool for creating your app without writing the codes first. It’s is perfect for demos Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. The app did everything I wanted to do Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Business and IT people complaining about app not meeting their specs! now they can visualize before building Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IN
What do you like best?

I used justinmind when prototyping for the first time. It is very much user friendly, online tutorials are very helpful. I went from 0 to a good functioning prototype in few days of work! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is sometimes messy to handle variables and data masters. You can't send data from the simulation outside. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I've created an app prototype Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UP
What do you like best?

Pros:

Easy to use

Live preview

Can switch back in forth from preview to product Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Cons: a few small glitches at first but they seem to be straightened out Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Simple. Just get started Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Creating a simple interface Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UL
What do you like best?

This is a great software for prototyping. It is also a great way to collaborate on designs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have not discovered any issues with the web or app versions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Justinmind allowed me to collaborate with coworkers on prototypes. It also has a sleek interface that is easy to work with. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The workspace was well organized. Tools and presets was good and easy to use. I liked most about the presets which reduced my work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Few tools and placing of them was bit unorganised. It was taking time to search particular tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I create UI designs like posters, emailers, Website layout and so on. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I loved how easy it was to get up and running and how simple the interface was to understand and start building. It had all of the functionality that I needed to get going. I don't make super complex prototypes with multiple different interactions and animations and all of that. My prototypes are basic and right to the point so I can get stuff approved and move forward with things. Not to mention this is free. :) Also has free templates and Sketch integration. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I didn't like how redundant some of the tasks/steps I needed to take to get a functionality, but when it's free I really can't complain if it takes 10 more seconds. One problem is clients thinking I have this functionality already created, but then I tell them it's a prototype ha. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The problem that I was having was a quick design approval or change before moving on with development. Rather than trying to find a designer or freelancer to do this for me, I was able to adopt Justinmind quickly into the workflow so I was able to get the prototypes to clients and onto development. I wanted it to speed up the process but I didn't expect it to help me out with so much more. Yes it did help on time, but it answered a lot of questions that I didn't have to ask the client if it was just an image design. When they can see how it will interact and transition then those questions are already resolved. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UG
What do you like best?

I love Justinmind, because as the Layout Artist for the Wilmette Park District, I was given this job title in addition to my old job title, because I had design background and they needed people to help with the rebranding of our Park District. As well as make a mobile app to allow for easier renewal of payment, addition to services, and children's camp sign up. I do not know coding, and did not want to learn for this specific project, so it allowed me to create a mobile app prototype with the ease of any normal design application. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are options to chose from when going through the mobile sites, so if you do have a design in mind it is harder to create. It is kind of like when you click through resume options on Microsoft Word and there is not an exact one that you want. Really the only downside, but the ones they have are usually great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I'd say for the beginner app creator, this is the way to go, especially for a simple business model. But if you are looking to create a game app, or something like that, you may want to go another direction. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am trying to create the prototype app for my company, a town park district. This is the first time an app is being released for the park district so the business problems I am solving is more of an ease to use the park district services while adhering to modern day standards. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love Justinmind without a doubt. It's AMAZING for creating high fidelity wireframes, and even better prototypes. The functionality is amazing and has so many tools for you to make the closest to the real design as possible. You can make your prototypes interactive by creating connections between screens and buttons, and I love the simulation feature, where you can see your desired prototype running in real time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It can get buggy at times, but it's honestly no big deal. It is also a bit slow to load certain features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I create all my prototypes and proof of concepts with Justinmind. It's a great tool to present your ideas before actually developing an app. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Branding Consultant, Graphic Designer, Owner
What do you like best?

It seems really straightforward to set up designs as mock ups. I used the free version to set up an initial mock up page. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

For me, setting up a multi-page layout were elements were repeated was difficult. I am sure it is probably easy to do, based on how easy to use everything else was. But I could not figure it out for the life of me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take advantage of their training videos! Also, your free account stays a free account. They don't automatically charge you. So, you don't have to worry about it not working out and getting charged a bunch! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I used Justinmind to create sample, fast and amazing web mockups to help my customers realize quickly what their website could look like, especially when their current site is older and not working well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.