Ganttic

4.0

Ganttic is a visual resource planning tool for project portfolio management that allows user to have the best possible overview of plans, by having the possibility to see them from both projects' and resources' perspective.

Work for Ganttic?

Learning about Ganttic?

Ganttic Reviews

Ask Ganttic a Question
Showing 29 Ganttic reviews
Ganttic review by Nathan R.
Nathan R.

"Great scheduler! (forget everything you know about excel)"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, once you learn the Ganntic way of doing things. Love how quick I can move from project to project. Edit resources, ear mark resources.

What do you dislike?

Inability to revert to a previous version. I would like the ability to make a copy of a particular job and then go crazy with edits to see if an idea will work, but am always leary of going too far down the rabbit hole in case I needed to retrace my steps.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For the price it has the potential to change the way you do things.

Running multiple job site across two different offices across three different jurisdictions or zones.

Really nice to be making changes and having counterparts in different locations seeing it as it happens.

Also love colour coding, really makes it easy to read.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Ganttic
Ganttic review by Administrator in Computer Software

"The Ganttic UI is too messy to be helpful"

What do you like best?

It is fairly easy to add a new project and resources to the app and make adjustments once they are in.

What do you dislike?

If you have a lot of projects and resources to manage, like our business, the resulting display is so messy and hard to see it in an organized view that it is not very helpful. You can run reports that help with this somewhat.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make the best use of the trial as you can. Determine if it works for you by getting in as much real information as possible and make an effort to keep it updated over time.

I can load in my projects and resources and get a decent idea of who is over-committed and who has capacity to do more.

What Project Management solution do you use?

Ganttic review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Ganttic for high-level resource planning"

What do you like best?

1. Visual representation of the company's resources - that's exactly what I was looking for when I found Ganttic.

2. Filtering by departments. That feature I found extremely convenient compared with several competitors I also considered.

What do you dislike?

1. Sometimes there are some glitches as follows:

- I can't log in to Ganttic with my Google account so I have to open an anonymous tab and re-log-in which takes additional time and especially that sucks when I'm moderating a meeting (obviously, it causes delays). The other day, it logs in well.

- Across different browsers and resolutions, sometimes Ganttic is not full screen in the browser and can't be scrolled properly. It annoys a bit but usually, a simple page refresh helps.

2. Not all managers strive to update Ganttic constantly and that sometimes leads to not up-to-date information. (That's not the problem of Ganttic, but rather the problem is that we use +1 tool in general or a simple human factor :).

We use Ganttic for the company's high-level resource planning by the management.

1. We found the tool very convenient to understand who's doing what on a weekly and daily basis. We don't use it for micromanagement (hourly basis) - for us, a 'task' entity of Ganttic is 'being busy on a project' without any deeper decomposition (for that we use JIRA).

2. It also helps us maintain/revise a sales and recruiting plan for the next months.

Ganttic review by Internal Consultant in Environmental Services
Internal Consultant in Environmental Services

"biologist"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that you can see your projects time constraints in real time. I like the pie graph on the home page that shows you where you are spending most of your time.

What do you dislike?

It's very hard if I don't know my project number to find projects sometime. I used to just be able to search within our old system by one name within the project. Now if you don't know the exact project name, it most likely will not pop up. Also, all of my projects do ;not show up within my que so this is where the problem comes from.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes but takes a long time to figure out. Not very user friendly.

working with each other to solve problem issues with gantic, such as billing forms not containing right billing amounts for each employeee

Ganttic review by Oivo M.
Oivo M.

"Excellent resource planning tool!"

What do you like best?

I like best the visual representation of used and unused resource. It's quick and easy to grasp and analyse and it's also quick and easy to make necessary changes.

What do you dislike?

There could be an option to send out weekly reminders to our department managers to fill in changes in resource usage.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it!

We are managing our engineering and architecture labour resource with Ganttic. It helps us to create a stable workflow and predict our resource openings so the sales department can fill the gaps with targeted sales. Stable workflow means for us less work stress and higher profitability.

Ganttic review by Cara M.
Cara M.

"Easy way to see your current production and future schedule"

What do you like best?

how easy it is to read and navigate the calendar

What do you dislike?

i don't know what all the widgets do so i sometimes have a hard time finding the actions that i don't use everyday

Making sure the crew has something to do all day and to plan out several weeks for installations. It's great for long term planning

Ganttic review by Matt C.
Matt C.

"Ganttic is a nice product, user friendly, easy to use. "

What do you like best?

The drag and drop features. Web based, is nice, works across many platforms.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes we drag and drop and we'll need to refresh. Not a big deal. It would be great to be able to export a PDF or a view.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ganttic is a well thought out and user friendly product. There are more complicated programs, but that is not always better as the learning curve keeps people from using it. Ganttic is easy to get started.

We are able to schedule our labor resources.

Ganttic review by Anna R.
Anna R.

"Easy to use and safe with backup"

What do you like best?

I like it the best that I know the Ganttic has security with back ups and my data is safe. I can access it everywhere and it is easy to use.

What do you dislike?

I kind of miss some zooming possibilities working with Ganttic

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get lot´s of help from Ganttic in the beginning so you can maximise your use of it

Planning of people when working in different projects also connected to their leave/vacation.

Ganttic review by User in Computer Software

"Visual tool for managing project team members"

What do you like best?

Ganttic shows me a graphical view of the team members, when they are on each project, and where there are conflicts. At a glance I know where everyone is.

What do you dislike?

Ganttic does not help me see unfulfilled project needs. For instance, if I know that next month I need to add a developer to Project X, there is no good way to show that missing role. At least, I haven't found a good way.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Setup a project to try it out.

I schedule team member assignments, making sure all team members are assigned to a project and that all projects are fully staffed.

Executive Sponsor

"Ganntic, the intiuitive planning tool"

What do you like best?

What I like best is that you do not need more than a 5 minute tutorial to get started, unlike some mainstream planning tools from Redmond.....

What do you dislike?

Not much integration options. lot of people have trouble copy/pasting info to excell and make sense of it (date/time info). If you do that you need to know a thing or two about data types.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a gantic type tool which is robust, scalable and quick in set-up and usage, look no further.

People planning on projects, getting a better insight on utilization/capacity on short term period (week-4 weeks)

Ganttic review by Eran H.
Eran H.

"Airline Training Resource Management"

What do you like best?

Everything! The system allows us to schedule and manage all our resources efficiently, including instructors classrooms and simulators.

What do you dislike?

The user interface has frequent changes that take time to get used to, especially for our non technically oriented users.

Allows us to see the big picture, schedule multiple resources on various projects concurrently, and prevent schedule clashes

Ganttic review by User

"Great but needs a little work "

What do you like best?

I like that cross functional teams have access and visibility to everything and you can add to calendar easily. Only hard part is the UX of navigating (creating new events)

What do you dislike?

See above - it’s just hard to view at a birds eye and hard to add new events and most of the time we just copy and paste or drag and then go from there

Recommendations to others considering the product

It really helps organize projects no matter where your colleagues are in the world

We are using it as a chart to allow us to better coordinate events

Ganttic review by Juan Carlos S.
Juan Carlos S.

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

Interaction with Ganttic is very easy and friendly

Perfecto to share resource scheduling in a group

What do you dislike?

I would like more integration capabilities

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ganntic is easy to deploy inside your organization

I weakness is to ability to integrate with external applications like SAP... for instance creating / updating resources

Resource scheduling for engineers and consultants

Ganttic review by Administrator

"Essential job management tool for our construction company"

What do you like best?

We're able to quickly look ahead at our operations schedule and forecast equipment and personnel availability across our nationwide business.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there's a few instances where the website won't take updates until we refresh the page and try again.

Much easier to plan our jobs and get all employees on the same page.

Ganttic review by William R.
William R.

"planthe work of the team"

What do you like best?

the collaboration part, we are 4 lead for the same team so we need to plan on the same board

What do you dislike?

the ergonomic management of the tache

the fact that the % of occupation is not visible execpte in the edit view

Recommendations to others considering the product

cool

plan the team with different leader on the same team

Ganttic review by User in Computer Software

"Project manager"

What do you like best?

It is easy to use and shows a graphical view of resources and tasks per week.

What do you dislike?

I do not have any dislikes at this time since I am new to this software.

We are sharing resources with multiple projects and project managers. Benefits include planning resources for projects.

Ganttic review by Tyler D.
Tyler D.

"Ganttic helps keeps us organized"

What do you like best?

Ability to coordinate multiple resources from a single view and shareable by all.

What do you dislike?

The ability to toggle between months and weeks is kludgy and confusing. This seems to have changed in a recent release.

We have increased our visibility to team utilization and capacity for new projects.

Ganttic review by Administrator

"Very helpful to keep track of everyone's projects"

What do you like best?

The filter and sort function, it can filter by resource, project, country or any other thing that can be individually set up

What do you dislike?

It would be good if along with the utilisation percentage for the time displayed, there could be also an hourly equivalent shown.

We have been using it to manage resourcing within the team and it has helped a lot. People can go in on their own and check if someone has time available or how long a project is expected to take.

Ganttic review by Brendan H.
Brendan H.

"It is easy to use, but some basic functionality is missing"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and being able to see where our employees are and their availability.

What do you dislike?

When we create new projects there is no simple way to see if we have used that color already.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Continue improving interface

Scheduling and availability

Ganttic review by User in Leisure, Travel & Tourism
User in Leisure, Travel & Tourism

"Perfect tool for carrental"

What do you like best?

flexability, Online, history of changing the tasks

What do you dislike?

Deleted tasks are loosed ... no way to save them somewhere ... maybe in future?

Planning our fleet of busses and minibusses

"Essential tool"

What do you like best?

The easy viewing of resource allocation/availability plus the ability to create and run reports

What do you dislike?

The search function only allows you to see your current view and you cannot search archived resources.

Active scheduling of resource tasks using a live system that all team members can view simultaniously. the ability to see if all tasks are good to go or which are missing data.

Ganttic review by Jason J.
Jason J.

"Ganttic Feedback"

What do you like best?

Ganttic is an easy visual tool for tracking.

What do you dislike?

Lack of ways I need to see reports and exporting.

Managing our fixed asset fleet.

Ganttic review by User

"Simple, web-based tool with basic functionalities for recource planning."

What do you like best?

Very simple set of functionalities.

Gives a structured overview about the resource situation for the whole team.

Once you got used to the clumsy interface, using it is actually very straight forward.

What do you dislike?

Due to the fact that it's online based, the user interface often seems a bit clumsy.

Simple ressource planning for a non-centralized team.

Executive Sponsor

"We use Ganttic to organize our resources"

What do you like best?

Ganttic is a great too to easily and quickly organize and visualize a team of 50+ software developers.

What do you dislike?

The UI is a bit oldscool but we can work with it which is the most important.

By visualizing the always morphing projects and resources we can make quicker decisions.

Ganttic review by Internal Consultant
Internal Consultant

"Yes I would recommend ganntic to others. "

What do you like best?

Ganttic is very easy to use, it has great web accessibility and features, drag and drop functionality is easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Copying tasks between resources is a bit cumbersome and could be done better.

Scheduling issues. Benefits realized include better visibility and big pictures.

Executive Sponsor

"Ganttic March 2018 Review for a gift card"

What do you like best?

Graphical view of projects, resources on a timeline

What do you dislike?

sometimes on my 15 inch mac book pro, not enough is shown on screen, some things like buttons, rows may be to tall or wide

Forecast and staffing

"So far so good."

What do you like best?

the colors option and the different views

What do you dislike?

moving tasks for resources could be better and easier

changes and notes in projects could be saved automatically

agenda conflicts with resources shared among several managers

Executive Sponsor

"Useful and practical tool"

What do you like best?

It's an easy tool for the coordination task of Field Servicies workforce.

What do you dislike?

Difficult to implement SLA and time management of activites

Team coordination and planning activities

Ganttic review by User

"Great Service Once Permissions are Set Up"

What do you like best?

Active tracking of multiple team member workload.

What do you dislike?

unclear how to set up permissions for new users.

Workload tracking for the entire department.

Learning about Ganttic?

* We monitor all Ganttic reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.