eFileCabinet

eFileCabinet provides over 155,000 users worldwide work smarter and more efficiently with eFileCabinet.

Work for eFileCabinet?

Learning about eFileCabinet?

eFileCabinet Reviews

Ask eFileCabinet a Question
Showing 127 eFileCabinet reviews
eFileCabinet review by Arian P.
Arian P.

"Fantastic tool for the office"

What do you like best?

the ease of access and the unlimited space is exactly what our office needs. the system allows us to share and store client documents with ease. we are able to more quickly locate client documents from any location that we have access to internet. our time is better spent working more and searching the office less for physical files.

What do you dislike?

there are a few personalized options that we would find useful that just are not available yet. i have asked tech support to put it into suggestion for future updates. for example, adding a password to a file or folder, and mass deleting certain folders.

Recommendations to others considering the product

definitely consider digitizing your documents. it saves space and increases efficiency. just take your time uploading everything properly. i just wish we had hired a professional team to handle the bulk of the initial digitizing process.

we have digitized 75% of our files, we will be finishing the other 25% this summer. it has allowed us to access client files from any location with internet, we can take more work home, we are not wasting time searching for files, we will be able to open up a second location once we are 100% digital. it has also allowed us to expand our current workforce and continue to accept new clients.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about eFileCabinet
eFileCabinet review by Lisa D.
Lisa D.

"Organizing client Files made Easy"

What do you like best?

You can move files from File Explorer to a client drawer with a simple Drag & Drop. Easily create new Files within each Client Drawer by just Right Clicking on the Client's Name. Create Templates to apply changes to all of your clients at the same time.

What do you dislike?

I have one workstation where the secure email refuses to work. We always get a error and when we tried to fix the problem the technical staff at e-Filecabinet ended up creating a new user and basically forcing me to reinstall the user's specs all over again. So I would say it has some technical issues when using it in Windows 10.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this product for file storage, secure file transfers, and the Secure Drawer Portal is pretty good also.

It is a safe way to store client files in an encrypted format. The emailing of secure files is really a huge benefit if it is working. I have never had a problem on my workstation. It has become more and more user friendly over the years. Secure Drawer which is an available feature is really a nice portal.

What File Storage and Sharing solution do you use?

eFileCabinet review by Lauren V.
Lauren V.

"Outstanding Enterprise Document Storage Solution"

What do you like best?

Our users can log into eFileCabinet from around the world, sharing documents and information in a secure environment outside of email. Documents are easy to organize with standard templates you set up. It is very scalable and has grown with our organization.

What do you dislike?

It is cumbersome to create drawers in the cabinets and keep the profile information up to date. Pretty outdated interface without enough flexibility. It has been frustrating that they don't even seem interested in our feedback on how this can be improved.

They offer little support for any API features so much of our work has been manual to get documents into the system.

Reporting features are non-existent. Don't expect to get much in the way of reports on what is stored or usage information. It is not possible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The biggest drawback has been the manual work to create the drawers and maintain the profiles. Really consider how you are going to maintain the environment. We have found it takes quite a bit of manual work and have been disappointed with eFile not wanting to understand what we have to do to make this part of their system work.

Overall it is a very strong, stable platform to save documents. Has worked very well over the years and would highly recommend the system.

Had employee files in different areas of the business, in different formats along with a unruly file room. This brought all of our files into one place where users can easily access.

eFileCabinet review by David H.
David H.

"Organization and Management of Documentation with feature rich suite of administrative goodies. "

What do you like best?

Document versions and revisions are a breeze to navigate and collaborate. The OCR/Search function is amazing along with the automated zonal forms.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about this software - If I'm going to be critical, I would say the workflow features could be simplified with plug and play templates. Most small cap companies could use 'guidance' in the workflow arena whereas mid to large cap operations and workflow are more complex and this software really handles that function amazingly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The more you dive into the software the more you will discover its capabilities. You will be surprised to learn that efile team has really thought this through.

Access and efficiency to everyday/critical documentations has saved tremendous amounts of time and administrative headaches. Most of the time when we are in need of critical documents at a moments notice, we are no longer hampered by search and locate hurdles.

eFileCabinet review by Amanda A.
Amanda A.

"Saved our Business"

What do you like best?

eFileCabinet has been an absolute lifesaver to our business. We started using it about 2 years ago and by using it, we have finally dug ourselves out of all our paper! We are in the health care business which means that paper is our best friend. By utilizing eFileCabinet we can easily store, monitor and maintain our records. Once that form is uploaded, I know its safe and it will be easy to find again.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about this program. It was definitely daunting to think about all the paperwork that needed to be uploaded, but once we started it was an easy process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't be afraid of the startup process--you can do it! You will thank yourself in the end!

We are solving our "drowning in paperwork" problem! We used to have to file paperwork and hope it was there when we needed it again, now we know it is there and easy to find!

eFileCabinet review by Oisin R.
Oisin R.

"eFileCabinet - Efficient, Organized, and Large"

What do you like best?

eFileCabinet has given our Bookkeeping business the ability to store, scan, and easily retrieve tax and bookkeeping documents for future retrieval and printing needs. it has reduced physical document storage substantially and has never let us down when retrieving client documents. Never crashes, is affordable, and the solution for the financial services market.

What do you dislike?

I don't however like the inability to merge PDF documents together within eFile Cabinet. It would be extremely beneficial to be able to merge documents already scanned in. The append feature while scanning is amazing, but not so great after documents have been saved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Investing in EFileCabinet will propel your storage issues, archiving needs, and drive client reliance on your business to do and save what it needs to. EFileCabinet is the solution your office needs.

We are solving major storage issues of hard copy documentation that we need to keep 5 to 7 years for legal purposes. This management solution allows us to digitally store documents permanently in efficient space, retrieval basis, and reliability for our clients needs. It has saved us thousands of man hours and valuable storage space.

eFileCabinet review by Denise N.
Denise N.

"Great way to get organized"

What do you like best?

I like the convenience of having all my documents in one place and easily accessible. In addition, I am able to access my client information and documents from anywhere.

What do you dislike?

There have been times where we had documents disappear because the program was unstable and the document was not able to be checked in or our properly.

In our move to being a paperless office several years ago, we researched many companies and we found that eFileCabinet hit most, if not all, of our "want" list items. The entire office can access client information, reports, documents, etc. in one place with ease. I love that it is easy to use and I can access my information anywhere, especially when I am out of the office, which I was unable to do before eFileCabinet.

eFileCabinet review by Michael J.
Michael J.

"Fast, easy access to important documents."

What do you like best?

I own a financial advisory firm. While I have an excellent CRM system eFile Cabinet lets me organize and store important client and personal documents. They're secure and accessible from any online device. I also store reference material (own Financial Advisory Firm) media article, etc. Went paperless four years ago. I wanted to eliminate my clients' personal information which I have acquired over the last thrirty years.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. Does what I want and the few times I needed support I received it immediately. Very pleased with this product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for storing any digital file in a secure environment. Easy access from any internet connected device. Easy to use. Very pleased with this product after four years.

Easy access to business and personal information.

eFileCabinet review by Travis J.
Travis J.

"Good system. Intuitive to use. Some problems"

What do you like best?

Efile is intuitive and generally runs smoothly

What do you dislike?

When Im saving documents to efile it can take a very long time if the file I'm saving to is very large. If we have clients who have a lot of documents- especially jpeg. files it can take up to an hour or longer to print them all to efile. It's much easier to print out the documents physically, scan them and save them that way.

I always verify that documents were actually saved when I print to efile because I've had many instances where I've sent documents to efile and they don't actually get saved. This can take a very long time when the file is large and it has to load the file everytime I print

Recommendations to others considering the product

do it

A great software to store the majority of our client files. Easy to use, easy to look up specific information

eFileCabinet review by Lucille B.
Lucille B.

"Great DMS Software"

What do you like best?

Efilecabinet is easy to use and very reilable. It has offers a lot of great features that my firm does not use but I am glad those features are available so if I need them in the future I won't have to switch software.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike about the software is the scanning software. I would like to be able to edit the pdf rather than having to go to adobe to add "highlights" of other minor things to the documents.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try, you will like it!

I have been able to reduce the amount of paper my firm uses and I love being to find documents on my desktop rather than having to go to a physical file cabinet. This has greatly increased my productivity. When I client calls for information I literally have it at my fingertips.

eFileCabinet review by Ranae H.
Ranae H.

"Secure Document Storage with Extra Features"

What do you like best?

Ability to send documents with passwords, restrictions, time limits.

Encrypted storage.

Cloud Back Up.

Search tools make it easy to find documents.

Assignment abilities mean you can assign documents to coworkers.

Prepend, Append, Overwrite - these features when scanning make it easy to correct or add to current documents.

What do you dislike?

I'm not a fan of their partner program SecureDrawer - I find it confusing and difficult to use.

You can't grab a file while composing an email - you first must go to eFileCabinet and choose the file(s) you will be sending and choose the option to send in an email. Then you can only work on that email, you cannot go to Outlook or look at other emails. This was frustrating at first, but I've gotten used to it now.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pick a naming convention that makes sense for sorting.

Example: YYYY MM DD

This will sort it by year first, then month, then day - makes it very easy to sort and view documents.

We needed somewhere we could store our documents that we knew would be secure but also accessible to all staff - efilecabinet solves that.

Each staff member has a login and can access the files from their computer - they can also scan/save/email based on the restrictions we put on them. That's great for keeping certain documents secure without having to use a entirely separate system.

eFileCabinet review by Administrator in Sporting Goods
Administrator in Sporting Goods

"Solid product with great customer service"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to file documents digitally by using the print feature. Being able to search for specific content anywhere within files is also a great help. The Zonal OCR app is wonderful for saving time when naming and storing the same type of file over and over.

What do you dislike?

Occasional print jobs "stick" in the sidekick app, and need to be manually cleaned out. Zonal is quirky and requires some dedication to really make it work. However, there are constant updates to the product that I think will eventually smooth out most of the kinks, and there is excellent support when I run into issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get this! You won't regret it.

I changed cities, and was able to keep my job with the company as a result of digitizing our processes and storage with efile cabinet.

eFileCabinet review by Administrator

"Easy to use, but they got me over a barrell"

What do you like best?

Efile cabinet has been fairly easy to use and easy to train my staff to use

What do you dislike?

I was using efile cabinet for several years an then, of course, the software I purchase had to be upgraded for an additional fee and then a couple years after that, they significantly raised the annual subscription. Now, I have all these documents stored in efile cabinet and it would be a project to move my documents to another program. So, they have me over a barrell with their increasing subscription costs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great system for storing and managing documents, just be prepared to be married to it for years to come.

I do like having a central location for all my documents that is easy to use and understand and can be backed up on a regular basis.

eFileCabinet review by Erin M.
Erin M.

"Effective"

What do you like best?

eFilecabinet has truly been a life saving software for our office. It brings smiles to our faces and a peace of mind to our souls. If someone is looking for ways to maximize time and efficiency while being organized then this is you key to success. We could not process the large amount of paperwork that comes through our office and be effective without eFile.

What do you dislike?

We really do not have many negatives things to say about eFile software, we use it on a daily basis about 7.5 hrs of our day. It is very seamless, and beyond easy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can't go wrong with your decision to team up with eFileCabinet, their staff is fantastic and it is a seamless process to get started and be able to manage.

Efficiency profitability, space, and organization skills.

eFileCabinet review by Lee S.
Lee S.

"Easy to use and organized data base"

What do you like best?

I can transfer any word document or excel spread sheet as is (it's not converted to a .pdf file) into EFC. I can modify the drawers or add folders to my drawers as I see fit.

What do you dislike?

It's difficult or close to impossible to reinstall or upgrade the product or solve issues on my own. However, the support staff is more than happy to assist in the process but they almost always have to do it with remote access.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good choice unless you are a wizard at Adobe Acrobat.

It has made it so very easy to have communications, emails, documents transferred to my client data bases in EFC. It allows me to look up any document or communication, scanned notes, whatever I need to reference with a few clicks. Very convenient!

eFileCabinet review by Ayanna T.
Ayanna T.

"LEADS Coordinator "

What do you like best?

I like that it is web based and user friendly.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the concept of monthly availability based on contract. When services are no longer needed, the information can no longer be accessed. I would rather not be able to edit or add additional information, but be able to access everything uploaded prior to ending services. This avoids the need to find storage for the files, which could be done oppose to obtaining the services initially.

The business problem is storing inactive files that need continual access. The benefit is the immediate access and availability.

eFileCabinet review by David J. R.
David J. R.

"E-File Cabinet - Big company service for the smaller firm"

What do you like best?

Ability to search for client or documents.

Flexibility to change templates as needed.

What do you dislike?

Their mobile app needs updating as it doesn't work with the latest releases. This would have been a good thing for them to have completed BEFORE tax season.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you set everything up ahead of time - makes the transition and continued usage less quirky

I am able to store and retain client documents in a secure manner while still being able to retrieve them from anywhere I log in.

eFileCabinet review by Bill J.
Bill J.

"On-line eFileCabinet is FINRA approved and is easy to work with."

What do you like best?

I have eliminated paper and able to retain and store information that I had to keep in filing cabinets in the past. I can find records without having to get up from my desk.

What do you dislike?

There are some functions that have to be done on the main site instead of the "Side Kick" mode.

I have eliminated hundreds of paper files that I kept in the past. As a result, when I moved my office I didn't have to get a larger office to accommodate all of my clients records.

eFileCabinet review by User

"Excellent solution to create a paperless office"

What do you like best?

I love the search-ability of documents. I can find documents based on minimal information. I can save documents with many profile fields and the fields can be edited, added, and removed depending on our company's needs. Search by date, $ amount, payment number, check number, name, etc.

What do you dislike?

The layout could be a little easier on the eyes. It seems that the layout could be improved. Maybe the font size/style and also the few graphics/images that are visible could be improved. Images that would help a first- time user be able to navigate the system a little easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have enough licenses for your facility. We occasionally have issues with too many users trying to access efile and not enough licenses. We are in the process of obtaining more, and expanding so that our nursing department can also utilize efile cabinet for their needs.

We no longer have to keep hard copies of payment information. We are saving hundreds of pieces of paper a day. The workflow with approving documents is seamless and has greatly increased our efficiency.

eFileCabinet review by Administrator

"eFileCabinet is easy to use!"

What do you like best?

I don't worry about my computer getting overloaded with documents that I don't have room to store.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that documents cannot be opened when another person has checked them out onto their computer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would get this product so that you can sort documents into an organized fashion for all the employees who will be using it. It is easy to use and helpful when you have a ton of information you need to save in the cloud, and don't have room for on your server.

We are able to store all of our important files in one location where everyone can have access to the items that they are authorized to view.

eFileCabinet review by Lisa S.
Lisa S.

"Love eFileCabinet"

What do you like best?

I like that all the files are at my fingertips and available when we are out of the office.

What do you dislike?

The occasional service outages when we need to access the files.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is so nice to have all the files at my desk instead of tracking down the file.

Love having everything online. We spend time out of the office and don't have to take all of the paper files with us anymore.

eFileCabinet review by User

"Don't know what we'd do without it"

What do you like best?

The biggest benefit for our office is the ability to share files between different users in different locations in a secure way. Sure, you can transmit stuff through email, but that is not as secure and does not meet the regulations we are required to uphold.

What do you dislike?

Backing up the files can take a long time and needs to be coordinated after hours etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

eFileCabinet review by Tracy T.
Tracy T.

"eFileCabinet"

What do you like best?

Organization, easy to build cabinets, drawers and folders. Templates are very valuable as well. Other than what I have listed in the "dislike" section, which is a major hit, everything else is great. Upload speeds are superb, scan features are excellent - regulated only by the speed and quality of your scanner & Internet connection speed for the upload. They have recently introduced a web based version of the software, the previous version - which is still very usable and available - is based on Microsoft Silverlight which does limit which browser you can use (Chrome is out, but Firefox and IE are in). I have no issue with that small nuance. Bottom line is, we would not still be using the software if it was not a quality product. We were their very FIRST cloud customer! We currently have almost 100 users, and with support being part of my responsibility, it now takes very little of my time., The company has matured, and we have been along for the ride, and it has been a pleasure.

What do you dislike?

As mentioned in the previous section, I am the Admin of our eFileCabinet subscription, We have 18 offices throughout the state, and while it allows for that type of volume, I regularly have to remedy permissions that change - literally on their own. For example, on any given Tuesday afternoon everything is fine. However, I come in Wednesday & overnight Office 1 can now see Office 4's data, and Office 6 can see Office 10's data, and so forth. The only permission that gets modified is the "View" permission. No editing, moving or deletion allowed, but we are mandated to stay in compliance with HIPAA regulations and this is a big issue for us to deal with. Other than that, which is a major hit, everything else is great. When that problem gets resolved, and if history holds, it will, I would recommend it to anybody and everybody.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try them and you will like them....long term user

Increasing organization while reducing paperwork. Easy to train users. Although nobody likes to be audited, it is part of our industry. So now an auditor can come to one location, the corporate office, and audit any or all of our offices. In the past, we would have to get a listing of what the auditor needed from one of our offices, then that office would have to gather the data and FedEx it to us. Now I just create a login for the auditor, copy the requested records from their static location in eFileCabinet, to the auditors cabinet/drawer and everyone does their job.

eFileCabinet review by Ricky J.
Ricky J.

"eFilecabinet has a great vision but needs work to become an industry standard."

What do you like best?

Their software support is great. The basic vision of the software and layout of the software (especially the latest version) is done very well.

What do you dislike?

Our company has 7 efilecabinet online users and we all dislike the new changes for "storing and saving as" for imported documents (print, scan, upload). All imported documents have to default to one folder instead of letting you choose "save as" where you would like to store the document(s). This option used to be available and now it isn't with their new sidekick and 2.0 software. I have spoken with their support teams for over a year now and get the run around that this will be brought back in a future version yet isn't. It seems unnecessary to change the workflow that worked efficiently for many. Especially for the price that is charged for this software.

Other items that are disliked are the install and configuration process of the desktop client(s) of the legacy software and for the new 2.0 software (sidekick, etc). Many times, things don't install correctly and you have to go on google to find out why, or contact their support, or a new windows update breaks the efilecabinet scanner or printer. It's very disappointing to have to allocate our IT resources to these items for the price that is charged for this software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They have a good vision but the software isn't quite there yet. The installation is a hit or miss, and juggling back and forth between the desktop sidekick software and the web browser and having to hit refresh is very confusing to the users.

Not being able to choose where an imported document is stored and being forced for all imported documents to be stored in ONE folder is very disappointing and annoying too. So please consider these items before purchasing this software which comes at a pretty high price which should include the above instead of exclude them.

We have gone paperless using this software which is a huge benefit. We can search documents, search for documents, etc instead of having to file through a file cabinet.

eFileCabinet review by Lauri P.
Lauri P.

"I had a terrible experience with this software and I would not recommend it. "

What do you like best?

I do not like this software at all. I had nothing but issues with it from the very beginning, literally spent entire days working with their tech support people and it still didn't work. I switched to another solution even though I'm paid up with eFileCabinet through April - it was costing us too much money in time and productivity.

What do you dislike?

The sync tool didn't work, it crashed my computer constantly and I spent days with tech support and it still wasn't fixed. My remote workers couldn't access files because they never syned.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would not recommend this product at all.

None - I thoroughly detested this software. Also, by their own admission - they messed up my monthly billing, and did not bill be for several months in a row, then when they tried to bill me a huge amount at one time it didn't go through on my credit card and they shut me down without any notice, again causing me huge amounts of lost time in productivity. When I finally managed to talk to the Accounting Manager he admitted that it was their mistake.

eFileCabinet review by Michael E.
Michael E.

"Excellent Document Management System"

What do you like best?

The ease of moving files from one location to another. No matter where the file is you can drop it into a cabinet and it will move automatically. I like the fact that I can control what cabinets, drawers, and files my co-workers and customers can see. I have total control over all of my documentation. Also, if a customer requests a certain document, EFC makes it simple with SecureDrawer. Excellent software and so thankful for it.

What do you dislike?

The only dislike I have is that when you move a file, it doesn't ask if you would like to delete the previous location of that file. You are moving a copy of the file, not the entire file which I think would be beneficial.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Once you have it installed and you begin to work with the features, you will be amazed at the ease of use the software really is. You will find that you are spending less time looking for documents and actually doing more work if that's really possible. It's a great document manager and I am thrilled with it as well as my co-workers and upper management. I believe you will be too.

We had a really big problem with version control of our documents. That no longer exists since we instituted EFC. Also, it is so much easier in searching for documents instead of going through all the folders and locations on a personal computer.

eFileCabinet review by Administrator

"Great File Storage System"

What do you like best?

This is a great E-storage system. I really enjoy the customization level within the software to organize my files in a way that suits my needs.

What do you dislike?

The desktop app has a logo that is perpetually at the front, even when minimized. This can get annoying but its not horrible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking to go to a paperless office or storage system, I highly recommend eFileCabinet. Our company looked at several options and after comparing cost, ease of use, and features we chose eFileCabinet and have not been disappointed.

This is cleared my office space enough to put in an extra desk and hire another assistant.

eFileCabinet review by John D.
John D.

"Greatly simplified filing system"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to use. Initially I had some difficulty figuring out the file structure I wanted, but learned that with the robust search functions, simpler was best.The videos were espesially helpful, as well.

What do you dislike?

Things tend to get a little hinkey when there are updates, since some of the settings tend to get reset to default. However, the service team has been prompt to respond and either help to reset back my choices or explain how to work with the new default settings.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For a small firm like mine, this is a really good value.

Filing is easier/quicker. And locating documents once filed is very easiy.

eFileCabinet review by Jenese M.
Jenese M.

"The Best Tool I Ever Purchased"

What do you like best?

My favorite aspects of the program are ease of use, consistent performing, excellent customer service

What do you dislike?

My only issue is that I can't seem to verify that the OCR aspect is working. But I haven't contacted Customer Support about that yet!

Recommendations to others considering the product

The quality of the software, scanners, and customer support could not be any better. It is so easy to learn and implement. You will LOVE putting all of that paper in the shred pile!

The problems solved for me include ridding myself of a ton of papers having to be filed or stored, no more worries about WHERE something is stored, and no more wasted time searching

eFileCabinet review by Richard C.
Richard C.

"Easy to use and flexible"

What do you like best?

The flexibility for the solution to handle multiple different department needs in one product is amazing. It is easy to setup, train, and manage. We were able to satisfy the needs of multiple departments and organizational leaders needs. Teams are now working in the way they want with the security management wants.

What do you dislike?

The product could evolve to handle a greater level of complexity with template file creation and workflow management. It is strong in this area. However, we have run into a few situations where our needs were more complex than it could handle.

We were trying to unify the entire organization into a single electronic filing solution. It was able to handle those needs well. It also gives us a way to securely share information with outside sources, so it eliminated the need for Dropbox/FTP type file sharing.

eFileCabinet review by Administrator in Food Production
Administrator in Food Production

"eFile is great for keeping everything organized in one place"

What do you like best?

Easy to navigate and create different categories and folders to keep organized

What do you dislike?

Not the easiest to combine folders, sometimes has issues loading and it is kind of slow, which is likely due to the amount of information we have in it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to keep things organized and don't accidently create duplicate files that you will have to clean up later.

We keep all employee documents here as well as paper copies. This is much easier and quicker to reference a specific document for a specific employee than it would be to go find their paper file and look through it.

"I Love EFile Cabinet!"

What do you like best?

The ease of filing and retrieving. The fact that all documents are now in one place and everyone can view them.

What do you dislike?

The colors. Would be nice to customize the filing cabinet colors. With all cabinets being the same color, it's hard to find what you are looking for easily.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You won't regret your decision with choosing eFileCabinet. Easy to use and great customer service.

We are now able to find our files easier. Everyone has access to the files and can retrieve them by themselves without asking me for the paper copy.

eFileCabinet review by Rebecca N.
Rebecca N.

"Ultimate Electronic File Cabinet"

What do you like best?

I can store all the files i need right in eFileCabinet and find them with ease.. The files can be PDF, e-mails and so much more. Works well with my bookkeeping and tax cleints. Plus it is secure so both my clients and I can access 24/7 in the cloud.

What do you dislike?

Haven't found anything to dislike yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a secure and safe electronic filing system, this is the one to choose. Reliability and support are excellent. They offer live and recorded webinars to make it easy to train staff. You can also print materials for in house manuals. Works well for all types of files and allows your to customize the types of filing system you want, but with an easy to use search feature for all types of documents.

Allowing my tax and bookkeeping clients 24/7 access to documents that they need. Protection of my files in case of natural disaster.

eFileCabinet review by Dan C.
Dan C.

"Utilized in a tax and financial services business"

What do you like best?

It is easy to store items from anywhere without scanning. I can also add commentary on the document that I am scanning to help me later remember what I did. It is preferred by my broker, HDVest Investments, and has a level of security.

What do you dislike?

I do not do templates very often (once a year sometimes) so it is hard to maintain functionality and I need to call support usually for help. There is so much in it that I do not use it to its fullest capabilities.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It takes a little time to work it into your own company needs and wants but it is very easy to use.

Storage of old documents requires a lot of space which I can now eliminate.

eFileCabinet review by Administrator in Legal Services
Administrator in Legal Services

"Great Product for Document Retention and Privacy"

What do you like best?

I like that you can like drawers and only give access to specific users. This really helps us with HR documents that need to be kept confidential.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that the look is very outdated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend eFile. It is essential for HR and Legal departments.

We solved the issue of confidentiality with HR documents. I didn't realize how organized it would help me become. Keeping everything in drawers, then folders underneath really helps me to be able to separate and label everything down to the smallest detail.

eFileCabinet review by Administrator

"Easy to learn, keeps the office organized"

What do you like best?

We love the ability the quickly create new client folders based on templates, as well as knowing who created content. The security of only allowing information on a need-to-know basis is fantastic.

What do you dislike?

We don't like that we can't attach documents to an email when starting from Outlook. The email has to be started from within eFileCabinet.

We use eFileCabinet to organize tax and accounting e-records. We find it has helped us to quickly and efficiently store electronic records, keep telephone logs and notes, and encourage adoption by all users.

eFileCabinet review by Administrator in Insurance
Administrator in Insurance

"Great way to store and file your documents safely"

What do you like best?

It's easy to install and maintain. The interface is easy for our employees to understand. Searching is intuitive. It's easy to store documents, just click print and choose the eFileCabinet printer.

What do you dislike?

Seems to be a bit overwhelmed when you have too many users logged in at once.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get to know thier support team. They've helped us a lot with questions, upgrading, troubleshooting, etc.

We needed to store important documents related to our customers. This is a safe way to do so and makes searching from them a breeze.

eFileCabinet review by Jeff H.
Jeff H.

"EfileCabinet & Hyperride Technologies Solutions"

What do you like best?

Software, User Interface is user friendly. The mobile app is fast when searching.

The tech support is knowledgeable and is accessible during business hours. not much hold time involved

What do you dislike?

Lack of pre-sales information that can be used by partners when attempting to acquire new business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

this product will greatly enhance workflow and increase productivity. good source for external access from your clients to their data.

Fix lack of workflow. Improve office staff productivity. Increased overall security of data handling. Provide backup for cloud solutions. Business practice streamlining.

eFileCabinet review by User

"I love the concept of auto filing documents using the zonal OCR"

What do you like best?

I obviously like the idea of having all my files stored and organized on the computer rather then in actual cabinets, it make the process so much easier, it takes a second to find any document throw their search engine, easy to share it with your boss, colleague or customer. But what I really love is the Zonal OCR engine, that files all the files for you, you tell the software what to look in the documents and how to file and it does just that, saving hours of hard work!

What do you dislike?

Talking about the Zonal that i love so much, in my opinion the software has a lot to improve still in many ways, a new version was just released and it has great improvements, but there is still a little way to go..

Filing tens of files everyday would never happen and you end up with 100s of files a week and so many hours to file them manually, with eFileCabinet and Zonal OCR, your just a click from letting it to happen

eFileCabinet review by User in Biotechnology
User in Biotechnology

"Software is not working for us the way they presented that it would wokr"

What do you like best?

It appears to be a really great system for archiving and storing files.

What do you dislike?

The sales rep told us that it would work for what we needed it to do, but we have spent several months talking with various people at eFileCabinet and we are still trying to figure out if it will indeed do what we need it to do. We have had several communication issues as well, where we got different answers from different people, or people not communicating to each other at eFileCabinet. This software also does not come with a great digital approval system (need to purchase additional software).

We are trying to digitize the process of matching invoices, packing slips, and purchase order that come in to a variety of different locations. We are also trying to get digital approves on all invoices and purchases orders. We have not been able to even get it set up with our information because we aren't even sure this product will work for us.

"Great Product"

What do you like best?

I like the file drawer concept. I am a very visual person and being able to see the file cabinets, drawers and files make it very easy to navigate.

What do you dislike?

So far, no dislikes regarding the product itself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely look at this product.

Our previous document management program made it difficult to search for documents and any time we had a problem or needed to make a change, we would have to wait sometimes up to a week for the company to make those changes for us. eFileCabinet is very straight-forward and it is simple to find what you are looking for. We have more control in our set up and if changes need to be made. Also, the customer service is great.

eFileCabinet review by Erik S.
Erik S.

"Easy Secure Filing System "

What do you like best?

Easy to set up new clients and great volume of storage space per subscription

What do you dislike?

Recent price increases were not appreciated. Frequent and often unannounced upgrades make it difficult for clients we share this with to get a consistent experience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good product, a touch less intuitive with the most recent update than it used to be, but still fairly easy to use for those that are computer savvy

We can securely share documents with clients that are too large to be emailed, as well as creating a digital filing cabinet thus reducing our need for paper

eFileCabinet review by Deanna G.
Deanna G.

"Underwriter"

What do you like best?

I like that it's an electronic database that the company and various users within the company can use to see intake through invoice delivery and who uploaded the document

What do you dislike?

Errors do occasionally occur where something will be submitted to submission level and hard to transfer to a different location for the account. I think lack of training for efile is the culprit

Recommendations to others considering the product

It serves its purpose

Solves accountability and allows a submission to be thoroughly documented in the process if utilized correctly

eFileCabinet review by Administrator

"Efile Cabite Performace review"

What do you like best?

This product is so easy to use and so practical, you don't need special hardware to use this product, you can just install it on any server and your good to go and all their files are saved as pdfs. also it is at a fraction of the cost that other eFile programs charge for their programs, plus they require special equipment.

What do you dislike?

easy of use inexpensive and practical, oh lets not forget heir great tech support

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it by far this is the best eFile Solussion out there .

to start we eliminated the 10, 4 drawer physical cabinets, we clear lots of storage room, we utilize that space to put al least 2 more Desks.

eFileCabinet review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Great Software for Most People's Document Imaging"

What do you like best?

eFilecabinet uses the same methodology as a regular filing cabinet uses. This makes it incredibly easy for the end users to use. Very little training to let people find the software. Apps for IOS and Android is nice so users can access the files from wherever they are.

What do you dislike?

The cloud version is nice but at times it can run slow even with good internet. Single sign-on using either Google Apps or OAuth would be preferred.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend it. Easy to use and very affordable.

eFileCabinet allowed us to digitize our documents and have access to them wherever we needed them. It was very cost effective and very easy for the users to get up to using. Our users love it!

eFileCabinet review by User in Public Relations and Communications
User in Public Relations and Communications

"Great for tracking - eliminates having other email boxes"

What do you like best?

I can save any type of correspondence including invoices in one place and easily retrieve and download if needed

What do you dislike?

I had a hard time thinking of anything I dislike, but sometimes it's a bit slow uploading and saving files that are large.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be organized and save files with names that make sense so you can find easily when needed.

Archiving documents and correspondence. I don't have to save anywhere else, and can retrieve when needed. Our team can also fine if I am not available.

eFileCabinet review by Valeria  S.
Valeria S.

"eFileCabinet On-premise "

What do you like best?

That is an innovating system and the suport they provide is excellent.

What do you dislike?

Maybe the capacitation plan they have, all by documents and videos. Maybe we could have live sessions with other companies. On the other hand, all the documentation, videos and even the software aren only available in English, eFileCabinet is a company that should be thinking on selling their products around the world. We are in Nicaragua and not everyone know english.

As a financial company, client documentation is really important. Now we are having more control on documents, we have streamlined our procesess.

eFileCabinet review by Maggie N.
Maggie N.

"Extremely helpful but I can't wait to switch to the online version!"

What do you like best?

This changed our business in so many ways. It is secure, easy to use and it was nice to get rid of the filling cabinets and ridiculous amounts of papers.

What do you dislike?

Using the desktop version has been proven to be frustrating at times but only due to our server issues. We will be switching to the online version and that should resolve any past headache we have experienced.

increased storage, transparency, security, efficiency, etc...

eFileCabinet review by Administrator in Retail
Administrator in Retail

"I have complete access to all my documents in a organized environment"

What do you like best?

I'm able to locate any of my documents with key words, as if it were stored on my computer, but in a secure location. I like that I'm able to upload documents to my Secure Drawer for people to access as well as how it is connected to Right Signature. The accessibility makes life a lot easier.

What do you dislike?

Secure Drawer has it's perks being connected to EFC, but sometimes it's not the easiest to set someone up. It will occasionally not send an invite and it leaves me stumped on how to move forward.

We are able to keep all our files in a secure location, we've gone paperless and rely heavily on it.

eFileCabinet review by Amanda E.
Amanda E.

"Great system, room for improvement"

What do you like best?

Customer service is fantastic. Platform is simple and easy to navigate.

What do you dislike?

MAC Compatibility, Zonal OCR is more work than its worth

Improved communication and easy in file sharing, as well as easy-to-organize company files in a secure location

Learn more about eFileCabinet

eFileCabinet Videos

Learning about eFileCabinet?

* We monitor all eFileCabinet reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.