eFileCabinet

eFileCabinet provides over 155,000 users worldwide work smarter and more efficiently with eFileCabinet.

Work for eFileCabinet?

Learning about eFileCabinet?

eFileCabinet Reviews

Ask eFileCabinet a Question
Showing 170 eFileCabinet reviews
Ben H.

"eFilecabinet is a valuable tool"

What do you like best?

It is easy to use the system; It makes my practice much more comfortable to navigate with the organization it provides. The color pattern is nice as well. My company logo is blue so we like that.If I was part of an organizaion with different logo colors, I would want a different color. I like the meter of this survey. It say A+. However, it still wants me to write more.

What do you dislike?

I wish the search functions were better. I wish it offered a way to sync my files with my computer.. I do not think that I know all the feauturs. There are probably a number of webinars that are pre-recorded that would help in this manner. I do not think I am getting any correspondence on where they are. If I were to get these emails that would be very helpful. I do not like the fact that an auditor profile is not included as it becomes very difficult to give control to an auditor and only allow them the files that they should be looking at. I feel like I might need to comparison shop with other compliacnce approved options now that I am being made to wtire a review.Why would you guys require I write so may words for this review. It seems trite.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

get it

I think that I am much quicker at organizing phone calls, web conferences, and office visits with clients due to the high level of organization.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about eFileCabinet
Arian P.

"Fantastic tool for the office"

What do you like best?

the ease of access and the unlimited space is exactly what our office needs. the system allows us to share and store client documents with ease. we are able to more quickly locate client documents from any location that we have access to internet. our time is better spent working more and searching the office less for physical files.

What do you dislike?

there are a few personalized options that we would find useful that just are not available yet. i have asked tech support to put it into suggestion for future updates. for example, adding a password to a file or folder, and mass deleting certain folders.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

definitely consider digitizing your documents. it saves space and increases efficiency. just take your time uploading everything properly. i just wish we had hired a professional team to handle the bulk of the initial digitizing process.

we have digitized 75% of our files, we will be finishing the other 25% this summer. it has allowed us to access client files from any location with internet, we can take more work home, we are not wasting time searching for files, we will be able to open up a second location once we are 100% digital. it has also allowed us to expand our current workforce and continue to accept new clients.

What File Storage and Sharing solution do you use?

Lisa D.

"Organizing client Files made Easy"

What do you like best?

You can move files from File Explorer to a client drawer with a simple Drag & Drop. Easily create new Files within each Client Drawer by just Right Clicking on the Client's Name. Create Templates to apply changes to all of your clients at the same time.

What do you dislike?

I have one workstation where the secure email refuses to work. We always get a error and when we tried to fix the problem the technical staff at e-Filecabinet ended up creating a new user and basically forcing me to reinstall the user's specs all over again. So I would say it has some technical issues when using it in Windows 10.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend this product for file storage, secure file transfers, and the Secure Drawer Portal is pretty good also.

It is a safe way to store client files in an encrypted format. The emailing of secure files is really a huge benefit if it is working. I have never had a problem on my workstation. It has become more and more user friendly over the years. Secure Drawer which is an available feature is really a nice portal.

Lauren V.

"Outstanding Enterprise Document Storage Solution"

What do you like best?

Our users can log into eFileCabinet from around the world, sharing documents and information in a secure environment outside of email. Documents are easy to organize with standard templates you set up. It is very scalable and has grown with our organization.

What do you dislike?

It is cumbersome to create drawers in the cabinets and keep the profile information up to date. Pretty outdated interface without enough flexibility. It has been frustrating that they don't even seem interested in our feedback on how this can be improved.

They offer little support for any API features so much of our work has been manual to get documents into the system.

Reporting features are non-existent. Don't expect to get much in the way of reports on what is stored or usage information. It is not possible.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The biggest drawback has been the manual work to create the drawers and maintain the profiles. Really consider how you are going to maintain the environment. We have found it takes quite a bit of manual work and have been disappointed with eFile not wanting to understand what we have to do to make this part of their system work.

Overall it is a very strong, stable platform to save documents. Has worked very well over the years and would highly recommend the system.

Had employee files in different areas of the business, in different formats along with a unruly file room. This brought all of our files into one place where users can easily access.

David H.

"Organization and Management of Documentation with feature rich suite of administrative goodies. "

What do you like best?

Document versions and revisions are a breeze to navigate and collaborate. The OCR/Search function is amazing along with the automated zonal forms.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about this software - If I'm going to be critical, I would say the workflow features could be simplified with plug and play templates. Most small cap companies could use 'guidance' in the workflow arena whereas mid to large cap operations and workflow are more complex and this software really handles that function amazingly.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The more you dive into the software the more you will discover its capabilities. You will be surprised to learn that efile team has really thought this through.

Access and efficiency to everyday/critical documentations has saved tremendous amounts of time and administrative headaches. Most of the time when we are in need of critical documents at a moments notice, we are no longer hampered by search and locate hurdles.

Amanda A.

"Saved our Business"

What do you like best?

eFileCabinet has been an absolute lifesaver to our business. We started using it about 2 years ago and by using it, we have finally dug ourselves out of all our paper! We are in the health care business which means that paper is our best friend. By utilizing eFileCabinet we can easily store, monitor and maintain our records. Once that form is uploaded, I know its safe and it will be easy to find again.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about this program. It was definitely daunting to think about all the paperwork that needed to be uploaded, but once we started it was an easy process.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't be afraid of the startup process--you can do it! You will thank yourself in the end!

We are solving our "drowning in paperwork" problem! We used to have to file paperwork and hope it was there when we needed it again, now we know it is there and easy to find!

Oisin R.

"eFileCabinet - Efficient, Organized, and Large"

What do you like best?

eFileCabinet has given our Bookkeeping business the ability to store, scan, and easily retrieve tax and bookkeeping documents for future retrieval and printing needs. it has reduced physical document storage substantially and has never let us down when retrieving client documents. Never crashes, is affordable, and the solution for the financial services market.

What do you dislike?

I don't however like the inability to merge PDF documents together within eFile Cabinet. It would be extremely beneficial to be able to merge documents already scanned in. The append feature while scanning is amazing, but not so great after documents have been saved.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Investing in EFileCabinet will propel your storage issues, archiving needs, and drive client reliance on your business to do and save what it needs to. EFileCabinet is the solution your office needs.

We are solving major storage issues of hard copy documentation that we need to keep 5 to 7 years for legal purposes. This management solution allows us to digitally store documents permanently in efficient space, retrieval basis, and reliability for our clients needs. It has saved us thousands of man hours and valuable storage space.

Denise N.

"Great way to get organized"

What do you like best?

I like the convenience of having all my documents in one place and easily accessible. In addition, I am able to access my client information and documents from anywhere.

What do you dislike?

There have been times where we had documents disappear because the program was unstable and the document was not able to be checked in or our properly.

In our move to being a paperless office several years ago, we researched many companies and we found that eFileCabinet hit most, if not all, of our "want" list items. The entire office can access client information, reports, documents, etc. in one place with ease. I love that it is easy to use and I can access my information anywhere, especially when I am out of the office, which I was unable to do before eFileCabinet.

Brad B.

"Quick and Easy to Use!"

What do you like best?

eFile Cabinet is very easy to use and intuitive. If you have questions the support staff is always ready to help you out and answer questions.

What do you dislike?

I do not have many dislikes. I like how they are improving the work flow capabilities and other features. This makes me feel like they are giving me enterprise features for small and medium businesses.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Consider user interface and ease of use...this is very easy and users do not need much training.

We have gone almost completely paperless in our 2 offices in the US. This has allowed us to share information to empower users by giving them access to data that they need from the other location. It is also helping with invoice approval workflows.

"Simple, Clean software"

What do you like best?

The software is very intuitive. It is simple to load documents in, and easy to search and access them. When we run into questions it is very easy to get help on the phone and find a solution. Chat is also available via the website and support is able to remote in and solve issues quickly that route as well. Efile is critical to our business functions.

What do you dislike?

We have not run into many downsides or issues with e-file, and when we have had issues installing or similar, customer service has been very helpful and responsive.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Compare costs with other alternatives, this has been a cost-effective option for our organization. You pay per simultaneous user, not number of logins created, so you can have logins for every employee. You are just limited by how many can be signed in at one time based on the plan you select.

We had kept a lot of our documents as hard copy. Scanning them in allows us to share large amounts of information over our business quickly and effectively. It has also freed up space due to lowering the number of paper documents we have to keep on site. This was more cost effective than other storage options that we considered.

Wesley C.

"Easy, quick to deploy, and we're online with minimal training"

What do you like best?

We were able to get 2 full time filers scanning in years of old paper records in a matter of days! Very little training was needed, and the simple workflows makes everything easy to do.

What do you dislike?

The Sidekick application is very limited in use, and the search function is disappointing. We are looking forward to their next iteration with Rubex, which is supposed to have more robust search functions.

We needed to be able to digitize YEARS of old paper files that were in our warehouse and our office. The cloud based solution greatly simplified logistics, and without being tied to a specific scanner, we can use the MFC devices easily at both locations.

Michael J.

"Fast, easy access to important documents."

What do you like best?

I own a financial advisory firm. While I have an excellent CRM system eFile Cabinet lets me organize and store important client and personal documents. They're secure and accessible from any online device. I also store reference material (own Financial Advisory Firm) media article, etc. Went paperless four years ago. I wanted to eliminate my clients' personal information which I have acquired over the last thrirty years.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. Does what I want and the few times I needed support I received it immediately. Very pleased with this product.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great for storing any digital file in a secure environment. Easy access from any internet connected device. Easy to use. Very pleased with this product after four years.

Easy access to business and personal information.

Travis J.

"Good system. Intuitive to use. Some problems"

What do you like best?

Efile is intuitive and generally runs smoothly

What do you dislike?

When Im saving documents to efile it can take a very long time if the file I'm saving to is very large. If we have clients who have a lot of documents- especially jpeg. files it can take up to an hour or longer to print them all to efile. It's much easier to print out the documents physically, scan them and save them that way.

I always verify that documents were actually saved when I print to efile because I've had many instances where I've sent documents to efile and they don't actually get saved. This can take a very long time when the file is large and it has to load the file everytime I print

Recommendations to others considering the product:

do it

A great software to store the majority of our client files. Easy to use, easy to look up specific information

Lucille B.

"Great DMS Software"

What do you like best?

Efilecabinet is easy to use and very reilable. It has offers a lot of great features that my firm does not use but I am glad those features are available so if I need them in the future I won't have to switch software.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike about the software is the scanning software. I would like to be able to edit the pdf rather than having to go to adobe to add "highlights" of other minor things to the documents.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try, you will like it!

I have been able to reduce the amount of paper my firm uses and I love being to find documents on my desktop rather than having to go to a physical file cabinet. This has greatly increased my productivity. When I client calls for information I literally have it at my fingertips.

Ranae H.

"Secure Document Storage with Extra Features"

What do you like best?

Ability to send documents with passwords, restrictions, time limits.

Encrypted storage.

Cloud Back Up.

Search tools make it easy to find documents.

Assignment abilities mean you can assign documents to coworkers.

Prepend, Append, Overwrite - these features when scanning make it easy to correct or add to current documents.

What do you dislike?

I'm not a fan of their partner program SecureDrawer - I find it confusing and difficult to use.

You can't grab a file while composing an email - you first must go to eFileCabinet and choose the file(s) you will be sending and choose the option to send in an email. Then you can only work on that email, you cannot go to Outlook or look at other emails. This was frustrating at first, but I've gotten used to it now.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Pick a naming convention that makes sense for sorting.

Example: YYYY MM DD

This will sort it by year first, then month, then day - makes it very easy to sort and view documents.

We needed somewhere we could store our documents that we knew would be secure but also accessible to all staff - efilecabinet solves that.

Each staff member has a login and can access the files from their computer - they can also scan/save/email based on the restrictions we put on them. That's great for keeping certain documents secure without having to use a entirely separate system.

AS
Administrator in Sporting Goods

"Solid product with great customer service"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to file documents digitally by using the print feature. Being able to search for specific content anywhere within files is also a great help. The Zonal OCR app is wonderful for saving time when naming and storing the same type of file over and over.

What do you dislike?

Occasional print jobs "stick" in the sidekick app, and need to be manually cleaned out. Zonal is quirky and requires some dedication to really make it work. However, there are constant updates to the product that I think will eventually smooth out most of the kinks, and there is excellent support when I run into issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get this! You won't regret it.

I changed cities, and was able to keep my job with the company as a result of digitizing our processes and storage with efile cabinet.

"Easy to use, but they got me over a barrell"

What do you like best?

Efile cabinet has been fairly easy to use and easy to train my staff to use

What do you dislike?

I was using efile cabinet for several years an then, of course, the software I purchase had to be upgraded for an additional fee and then a couple years after that, they significantly raised the annual subscription. Now, I have all these documents stored in efile cabinet and it would be a project to move my documents to another program. So, they have me over a barrell with their increasing subscription costs.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a great system for storing and managing documents, just be prepared to be married to it for years to come.

I do like having a central location for all my documents that is easy to use and understand and can be backed up on a regular basis.

Erin M.

"Effective"

What do you like best?

eFilecabinet has truly been a life saving software for our office. It brings smiles to our faces and a peace of mind to our souls. If someone is looking for ways to maximize time and efficiency while being organized then this is you key to success. We could not process the large amount of paperwork that comes through our office and be effective without eFile.

What do you dislike?

We really do not have many negatives things to say about eFile software, we use it on a daily basis about 7.5 hrs of our day. It is very seamless, and beyond easy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You can't go wrong with your decision to team up with eFileCabinet, their staff is fantastic and it is a seamless process to get started and be able to manage.

Efficiency profitability, space, and organization skills.

Lee S.

"Easy to use and organized data base"

What do you like best?

I can transfer any word document or excel spread sheet as is (it's not converted to a .pdf file) into EFC. I can modify the drawers or add folders to my drawers as I see fit.

What do you dislike?

It's difficult or close to impossible to reinstall or upgrade the product or solve issues on my own. However, the support staff is more than happy to assist in the process but they almost always have to do it with remote access.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Good choice unless you are a wizard at Adobe Acrobat.

It has made it so very easy to have communications, emails, documents transferred to my client data bases in EFC. It allows me to look up any document or communication, scanned notes, whatever I need to reference with a few clicks. Very convenient!

Ayanna T.

"LEADS Coordinator "

What do you like best?

I like that it is web based and user friendly.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the concept of monthly availability based on contract. When services are no longer needed, the information can no longer be accessed. I would rather not be able to edit or add additional information, but be able to access everything uploaded prior to ending services. This avoids the need to find storage for the files, which could be done oppose to obtaining the services initially.

The business problem is storing inactive files that need continual access. The benefit is the immediate access and availability.

David J. R.

"E-File Cabinet - Big company service for the smaller firm"

What do you like best?

Ability to search for client or documents.

Flexibility to change templates as needed.

What do you dislike?

Their mobile app needs updating as it doesn't work with the latest releases. This would have been a good thing for them to have completed BEFORE tax season.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you set everything up ahead of time - makes the transition and continued usage less quirky

I am able to store and retain client documents in a secure manner while still being able to retrieve them from anywhere I log in.

Bill J.

"On-line eFileCabinet is FINRA approved and is easy to work with."

What do you like best?

I have eliminated paper and able to retain and store information that I had to keep in filing cabinets in the past. I can find records without having to get up from my desk.

What do you dislike?

There are some functions that have to be done on the main site instead of the "Side Kick" mode.

I have eliminated hundreds of paper files that I kept in the past. As a result, when I moved my office I didn't have to get a larger office to accommodate all of my clients records.

"Excellent solution to create a paperless office"

What do you like best?

I love the search-ability of documents. I can find documents based on minimal information. I can save documents with many profile fields and the fields can be edited, added, and removed depending on our company's needs. Search by date, $ amount, payment number, check number, name, etc.

What do you dislike?

The layout could be a little easier on the eyes. It seems that the layout could be improved. Maybe the font size/style and also the few graphics/images that are visible could be improved. Images that would help a first- time user be able to navigate the system a little easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you have enough licenses for your facility. We occasionally have issues with too many users trying to access efile and not enough licenses. We are in the process of obtaining more, and expanding so that our nursing department can also utilize efile cabinet for their needs.

We no longer have to keep hard copies of payment information. We are saving hundreds of pieces of paper a day. The workflow with approving documents is seamless and has greatly increased our efficiency.

"Great Way to Keep Organized!"

What do you like best?

eFileCabinet is very easy to maneuver around! Its pretty straight forward and there are a lot of personalizing you can do as well when it comes to details. Being able to create templates is very time efficient as well. Being able to add a retention to a cabinet helps ensure we are remaining compliant with some of our recordkeeping policies. You can also add additional notes to anything uploaded into efile for other users to view.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is the new view. I switch back to the classic as I find it more user friendly. Also, sometimes when trying to view a document in efile, it errors out and you can not view it. A simple log out and back in fixes that however. Sometimes the website can freeze or be very delayed as well.

It's much easier to maintain organized and neat by utilizing eFileCabinet. Its quick to upload documents and just as fast to download if needed. I also like how you can set a retention, it helps tremendously! It automatically organizes each cabinet alphabetically so you do not need to take the extra time. You can use the search tool to find anything will also saves time.

"eFileCabinet is easy to use!"

What do you like best?

I don't worry about my computer getting overloaded with documents that I don't have room to store.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that documents cannot be opened when another person has checked them out onto their computer.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would get this product so that you can sort documents into an organized fashion for all the employees who will be using it. It is easy to use and helpful when you have a ton of information you need to save in the cloud, and don't have room for on your server.

We are able to store all of our important files in one location where everyone can have access to the items that they are authorized to view.

"An Effective and Cost Efficient Way to Go Paperless"

What do you like best?

eFileCabinet (EFC) is a very easy to use and learn method of storing client data in easily retrievable form. We really like the fact that EFC does not change the character of the materials being stored, so a *.pdf remains a *.pdf and a *.qbb remains the Quickbooks Backup Filing templates are easy to set up, and you can modify as necessary for clients who need files that are not on the template. You can have sub-files as needed as well. It is a powerful tool and a competitive price, and offers client portals, direct scanning to an EFC file, direct email from the program, and much, much more/

What do you dislike?

The only drawback that I feel is worth mentioning is the necessity of having a back up services for our servers. I would have an off-site storage site anyway, but EFC files are very large and that adds cost to cloud storage. EFC has a version that works solely in the cloud, but we have not used it and we cannot comment on it. We prefer the desktop version.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There are a lot of programs out there, but in a long career as managing member of a small firm, I have found the EFC is a great tool, with power we have yet to fully utilize, and we have been using it for a long time, that is both cost effective and efficient.

The two biggest factors we gained from EFC are the saving of tons of paper, first and foremost, and a significant savings in filing cabinet space. We actually reduced the files by two full five-drawer filing cabinets.

Brad B.

"Great Features for a Great Value"

What do you like best?

This system is easy for my users to utilize and learn.

What do you dislike?

eFile is still a smaller system that does not have enterprise level features.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Look for systems users do not need a lot of training on...this is one of them!

Electronic filing of our physical documents is our number one use of the system. This has allowed out multiple locations share information without manual intervention, like sending an email with needed info.

Lisa S.

"Love eFileCabinet"

What do you like best?

I like that all the files are at my fingertips and available when we are out of the office.

What do you dislike?

The occasional service outages when we need to access the files.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is so nice to have all the files at my desk instead of tracking down the file.

Love having everything online. We spend time out of the office and don't have to take all of the paper files with us anymore.

"Don't know what we'd do without it"

What do you like best?

The biggest benefit for our office is the ability to share files between different users in different locations in a secure way. Sure, you can transmit stuff through email, but that is not as secure and does not meet the regulations we are required to uphold.

What do you dislike?

Backing up the files can take a long time and needs to be coordinated after hours etc.

Tracy T.

"eFileCabinet"

What do you like best?

Organization, easy to build cabinets, drawers and folders. Templates are very valuable as well. Other than what I have listed in the "dislike" section, which is a major hit, everything else is great. Upload speeds are superb, scan features are excellent - regulated only by the speed and quality of your scanner & Internet connection speed for the upload. They have recently introduced a web based version of the software, the previous version - which is still very usable and available - is based on Microsoft Silverlight which does limit which browser you can use (Chrome is out, but Firefox and IE are in). I have no issue with that small nuance. Bottom line is, we would not still be using the software if it was not a quality product. We were their very FIRST cloud customer! We currently have almost 100 users, and with support being part of my responsibility, it now takes very little of my time., The company has matured, and we have been along for the ride, and it has been a pleasure.

What do you dislike?

As mentioned in the previous section, I am the Admin of our eFileCabinet subscription, We have 18 offices throughout the state, and while it allows for that type of volume, I regularly have to remedy permissions that change - literally on their own. For example, on any given Tuesday afternoon everything is fine. However, I come in Wednesday & overnight Office 1 can now see Office 4's data, and Office 6 can see Office 10's data, and so forth. The only permission that gets modified is the "View" permission. No editing, moving or deletion allowed, but we are mandated to stay in compliance with HIPAA regulations and this is a big issue for us to deal with. Other than that, which is a major hit, everything else is great. When that problem gets resolved, and if history holds, it will, I would recommend it to anybody and everybody.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try them and you will like them....long term user

Increasing organization while reducing paperwork. Easy to train users. Although nobody likes to be audited, it is part of our industry. So now an auditor can come to one location, the corporate office, and audit any or all of our offices. In the past, we would have to get a listing of what the auditor needed from one of our offices, then that office would have to gather the data and FedEx it to us. Now I just create a login for the auditor, copy the requested records from their static location in eFileCabinet, to the auditors cabinet/drawer and everyone does their job.

Ricky J.

"eFilecabinet has a great vision but needs work to become an industry standard."

What do you like best?

Their software support is great. The basic vision of the software and layout of the software (especially the latest version) is done very well.

What do you dislike?

Our company has 7 efilecabinet online users and we all dislike the new changes for "storing and saving as" for imported documents (print, scan, upload). All imported documents have to default to one folder instead of letting you choose "save as" where you would like to store the document(s). This option used to be available and now it isn't with their new sidekick and 2.0 software. I have spoken with their support teams for over a year now and get the run around that this will be brought back in a future version yet isn't. It seems unnecessary to change the workflow that worked efficiently for many. Especially for the price that is charged for this software.

Other items that are disliked are the install and configuration process of the desktop client(s) of the legacy software and for the new 2.0 software (sidekick, etc). Many times, things don't install correctly and you have to go on google to find out why, or contact their support, or a new windows update breaks the efilecabinet scanner or printer. It's very disappointing to have to allocate our IT resources to these items for the price that is charged for this software.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

They have a good vision but the software isn't quite there yet. The installation is a hit or miss, and juggling back and forth between the desktop sidekick software and the web browser and having to hit refresh is very confusing to the users.

Not being able to choose where an imported document is stored and being forced for all imported documents to be stored in ONE folder is very disappointing and annoying too. So please consider these items before purchasing this software which comes at a pretty high price which should include the above instead of exclude them.

We have gone paperless using this software which is a huge benefit. We can search documents, search for documents, etc instead of having to file through a file cabinet.

Lauri P.

"I had a terrible experience with this software and I would not recommend it. "

What do you like best?

I do not like this software at all. I had nothing but issues with it from the very beginning, literally spent entire days working with their tech support people and it still didn't work. I switched to another solution even though I'm paid up with eFileCabinet through April - it was costing us too much money in time and productivity.

What do you dislike?

The sync tool didn't work, it crashed my computer constantly and I spent days with tech support and it still wasn't fixed. My remote workers couldn't access files because they never syned.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would not recommend this product at all.

None - I thoroughly detested this software. Also, by their own admission - they messed up my monthly billing, and did not bill be for several months in a row, then when they tried to bill me a huge amount at one time it didn't go through on my credit card and they shut me down without any notice, again causing me huge amounts of lost time in productivity. When I finally managed to talk to the Accounting Manager he admitted that it was their mistake.

Michael E.

"Excellent Document Management System"

What do you like best?

The ease of moving files from one location to another. No matter where the file is you can drop it into a cabinet and it will move automatically. I like the fact that I can control what cabinets, drawers, and files my co-workers and customers can see. I have total control over all of my documentation. Also, if a customer requests a certain document, EFC makes it simple with SecureDrawer. Excellent software and so thankful for it.

What do you dislike?

The only dislike I have is that when you move a file, it doesn't ask if you would like to delete the previous location of that file. You are moving a copy of the file, not the entire file which I think would be beneficial.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Once you have it installed and you begin to work with the features, you will be amazed at the ease of use the software really is. You will find that you are spending less time looking for documents and actually doing more work if that's really possible. It's a great document manager and I am thrilled with it as well as my co-workers and upper management. I believe you will be too.

We had a really big problem with version control of our documents. That no longer exists since we instituted EFC. Also, it is so much easier in searching for documents instead of going through all the folders and locations on a personal computer.

"Great File Storage System"

What do you like best?

This is a great E-storage system. I really enjoy the customization level within the software to organize my files in a way that suits my needs.

What do you dislike?

The desktop app has a logo that is perpetually at the front, even when minimized. This can get annoying but its not horrible.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking to go to a paperless office or storage system, I highly recommend eFileCabinet. Our company looked at several options and after comparing cost, ease of use, and features we chose eFileCabinet and have not been disappointed.

This is cleared my office space enough to put in an extra desk and hire another assistant.

Troy B.

"eFileCabinet is a great tool"

What do you like best?

Search functionality is awesome and we find ourselves looking for stuff in eFileCabinet before looking elsewhere.

What do you dislike?

No ability to send cold docs (original) then attach automatically the signature doc to it. For example if I was printing a invoice at our sales counter then My POS software should print a original (unsigned) copy to the cabinet automatically filed then when I get a signed copy there is no way to automatically file it. I have used this feature with competition products and it saves hours of time.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Awesome product. Great company and support.

Mostly paperwork simplified but more physical storage space and easier retrieving.

John D.

"Greatly simplified filing system"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to use. Initially I had some difficulty figuring out the file structure I wanted, but learned that with the robust search functions, simpler was best.The videos were espesially helpful, as well.

What do you dislike?

Things tend to get a little hinkey when there are updates, since some of the settings tend to get reset to default. However, the service team has been prompt to respond and either help to reset back my choices or explain how to work with the new default settings.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For a small firm like mine, this is a really good value.

Filing is easier/quicker. And locating documents once filed is very easiy.

Jenese M.

"The Best Tool I Ever Purchased"

What do you like best?

My favorite aspects of the program are ease of use, consistent performing, excellent customer service

What do you dislike?

My only issue is that I can't seem to verify that the OCR aspect is working. But I haven't contacted Customer Support about that yet!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The quality of the software, scanners, and customer support could not be any better. It is so easy to learn and implement. You will LOVE putting all of that paper in the shred pile!

The problems solved for me include ridding myself of a ton of papers having to be filed or stored, no more worries about WHERE something is stored, and no more wasted time searching

Richard C.

"Easy to use and flexible"

What do you like best?

The flexibility for the solution to handle multiple different department needs in one product is amazing. It is easy to setup, train, and manage. We were able to satisfy the needs of multiple departments and organizational leaders needs. Teams are now working in the way they want with the security management wants.

What do you dislike?

The product could evolve to handle a greater level of complexity with template file creation and workflow management. It is strong in this area. However, we have run into a few situations where our needs were more complex than it could handle.

We were trying to unify the entire organization into a single electronic filing solution. It was able to handle those needs well. It also gives us a way to securely share information with outside sources, so it eliminated the need for Dropbox/FTP type file sharing.

E
Executive Sponsor

"Great platform that is customizable - able to mate up with SFDC."

What do you like best?

Easily create templates for directory structure of customer/project files. Can link to Salesforce such that project documents are linked to a quote and customer record.

What do you dislike?

Levels of security - we needed to create a whole separate ORG for our HR department to maintain confidentiality and meet HIPAA requirements.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Set up user credentials and access levels first. Consider 3rd party help in setting initial directory structure. It was a series of course corrections to get it right on our own.

Much easier to sort and save projects and customer records by linking to their Salesforce account data.

AF
Administrator in Food Production

"eFile is great for keeping everything organized in one place"

What do you like best?

Easy to navigate and create different categories and folders to keep organized

What do you dislike?

Not the easiest to combine folders, sometimes has issues loading and it is kind of slow, which is likely due to the amount of information we have in it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure to keep things organized and don't accidently create duplicate files that you will have to clean up later.

We keep all employee documents here as well as paper copies. This is much easier and quicker to reference a specific document for a specific employee than it would be to go find their paper file and look through it.

Vartan Y.

"Great product"

What do you like best?

Easy of use and very friendly and tech support

What do you dislike?

Creating new folders can be slow at times

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a great time saving tool

We have managed to store over 17 years of client files in eFileCabinet. It has saved us countless amounts of time to retrieve documents and has reduced the overall storage costs

"I Love EFile Cabinet!"

What do you like best?

The ease of filing and retrieving. The fact that all documents are now in one place and everyone can view them.

What do you dislike?

The colors. Would be nice to customize the filing cabinet colors. With all cabinets being the same color, it's hard to find what you are looking for easily.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You won't regret your decision with choosing eFileCabinet. Easy to use and great customer service.

We are now able to find our files easier. Everyone has access to the files and can retrieve them by themselves without asking me for the paper copy.

Rebecca N.

"Ultimate Electronic File Cabinet"

What do you like best?

I can store all the files i need right in eFileCabinet and find them with ease.. The files can be PDF, e-mails and so much more. Works well with my bookkeeping and tax cleints. Plus it is secure so both my clients and I can access 24/7 in the cloud.

What do you dislike?

Haven't found anything to dislike yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for a secure and safe electronic filing system, this is the one to choose. Reliability and support are excellent. They offer live and recorded webinars to make it easy to train staff. You can also print materials for in house manuals. Works well for all types of files and allows your to customize the types of filing system you want, but with an easy to use search feature for all types of documents.

Allowing my tax and bookkeeping clients 24/7 access to documents that they need. Protection of my files in case of natural disaster.

Dan C.

"Utilized in a tax and financial services business"

What do you like best?

It is easy to store items from anywhere without scanning. I can also add commentary on the document that I am scanning to help me later remember what I did. It is preferred by my broker, HDVest Investments, and has a level of security.

What do you dislike?

I do not do templates very often (once a year sometimes) so it is hard to maintain functionality and I need to call support usually for help. There is so much in it that I do not use it to its fullest capabilities.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It takes a little time to work it into your own company needs and wants but it is very easy to use.

Storage of old documents requires a lot of space which I can now eliminate.

AL
Administrator in Legal Services

"Great Product for Document Retention and Privacy"

What do you like best?

I like that you can like drawers and only give access to specific users. This really helps us with HR documents that need to be kept confidential.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that the look is very outdated.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend eFile. It is essential for HR and Legal departments.

We solved the issue of confidentiality with HR documents. I didn't realize how organized it would help me become. Keeping everything in drawers, then folders underneath really helps me to be able to separate and label everything down to the smallest detail.

"Easy to learn, keeps the office organized"

What do you like best?

We love the ability the quickly create new client folders based on templates, as well as knowing who created content. The security of only allowing information on a need-to-know basis is fantastic.

What do you dislike?

We don't like that we can't attach documents to an email when starting from Outlook. The email has to be started from within eFileCabinet.

We use eFileCabinet to organize tax and accounting e-records. We find it has helped us to quickly and efficiently store electronic records, keep telephone logs and notes, and encourage adoption by all users.

"eFile is an efficient way to store everything you need/use in one place "

What do you like best?

eFile is easy to navigate and use and it makes the storage process very simple

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about this, its great

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Could be easier to integrate with our practice management software. I would also like if we had one specific rep to help us through our needs

I have been able to convert all my desktop files easily to one spot while organizing them by drawers and files making it simple to find what I need and put things where they should be

AI
Administrator in Insurance

"Great way to store and file your documents safely"

What do you like best?

It's easy to install and maintain. The interface is easy for our employees to understand. Searching is intuitive. It's easy to store documents, just click print and choose the eFileCabinet printer.

What do you dislike?

Seems to be a bit overwhelmed when you have too many users logged in at once.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get to know thier support team. They've helped us a lot with questions, upgrading, troubleshooting, etc.

We needed to store important documents related to our customers. This is a safe way to do so and makes searching from them a breeze.

Jeff H.

"EfileCabinet & Hyperride Technologies Solutions"

What do you like best?

Software, User Interface is user friendly. The mobile app is fast when searching.

The tech support is knowledgeable and is accessible during business hours. not much hold time involved

What do you dislike?

Lack of pre-sales information that can be used by partners when attempting to acquire new business.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

this product will greatly enhance workflow and increase productivity. good source for external access from your clients to their data.

Fix lack of workflow. Improve office staff productivity. Increased overall security of data handling. Provide backup for cloud solutions. Business practice streamlining.

"I love the concept of auto filing documents using the zonal OCR"

What do you like best?

I obviously like the idea of having all my files stored and organized on the computer rather then in actual cabinets, it make the process so much easier, it takes a second to find any document throw their search engine, easy to share it with your boss, colleague or customer. But what I really love is the Zonal OCR engine, that files all the files for you, you tell the software what to look in the documents and how to file and it does just that, saving hours of hard work!

What do you dislike?

Talking about the Zonal that i love so much, in my opinion the software has a lot to improve still in many ways, a new version was just released and it has great improvements, but there is still a little way to go..

Filing tens of files everyday would never happen and you end up with 100s of files a week and so many hours to file them manually, with eFileCabinet and Zonal OCR, your just a click from letting it to happen

Learn more about eFileCabinet

eFileCabinet Videos

Learning about eFileCabinet?

* We monitor all eFileCabinet reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.