Edgar Reviews & Product Details

What is Edgar?

MeetEdgar is the premier social media management tool for small businesses and entrepreneurs. MeetEdgar provides an effective way of scheduling and organizing content to automate publishing. With our automation features, we automatically generate social media updates for your content and post them even when you get to the end of your content queue. The time has finally come and we’re so excited to share that MeetEdgar now supports Instagram! Starting today, users can now schedule content in their MeetEdgar account for Instagram in the same place they schedule Facebook, Twitter, and Linkedin content! Everything you publish with Edgar is stored in an organized library and arranged into categories, like “Quotes,” “Blog Posts,” or “Cat Puns.” To save even more time, you can add content in bulk or connect him to an RSS feed. Create a schedule that tells Edgar when to publish from each category. That way, he always knows what types of status updates to post at which times, sharing the right variety of content automatically. When Edgar makes his way through all the new content in a category, he’ll simply start recycling older updates. He’ll never run out of things to say, and your posts will be seen by a new audience, bringing more traffic your way! Your library is organized into categories, and your schedule is built around the types of things you want to post. Once you define your categories and schedule, Edgar makes sure your queue is never empty – ever. When he’s published everything from a category, Edgar re-shares older updates that people might have missed the first time around – and every time he does, you can get brand new traffic.

Edgar Screenshots

Edgar Reviews

1-25 of 39 total Edgar reviews
ESL Teacher
E-Learning

"Almost everything I had hoped for"

What do you like best?

My favorite part of Meet Edgar is how they handle the recurring sharing of content. All the benefits of automation with really granular control over what goes out, when it goes out, and where it goes.

What do you dislike?

I'm growing wearing of waiting for publishing for Pro Instagram accounts and Pinterest pinning. Those are important features to me, and they've been promised for months now.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Edgar is worth every penny at full price, plus they periodically run discounted subscription plans. It does not do EVERYthing, but what it does it does extremely well.

I need to manage quite a few accounts that have revoling evergreen content. Edgar not only provides this feature, but has options where I can quicly and easily made changes to update schedules, edit content, or juggle queues.

My only disatisfaction with Edgar is that, when I started using the service, there was (and remains) a promise of Instagram and Pinterest integrations. There is Instagram service; however, the accounts I serve are pro accounts and Edgar hasn't made this feature avaiable yet. Also, Pinterest is now where to be seen. These channels have huge potential. If Edgar provided them, I could give a totally unqualified endorsement for social media management.

Marketing Director

"Time saving and efficient!"

What do you like best?

It simplifies social media sharing and management and makes like easier!

What do you dislike?

The limit of accounts is probably the most inconvenient thing.

Time that I would be using to update social media accounts is now being used in other areas. We all realize social media is an important part of a marketing strategy but too much time in the minutia can result in undesired consequences. AKA you aren't spending time doing the most valuable things. MeetEdgar frees up time and allows you company or agency to focus on higher value activities.

We are sharing across multiple platforms on multiple accounts and it is making a real difference in our day to day management.

"Great for One Man Shop"

What do you like best?

The ability to cycle my evergreen content automatically means I'm able to have a great social presence for each person on my team. Pricing is fair and hasn't creeped up over time. Additionally it is a big comfort to know that there will never be significant droughts in my feed if I don't manage to update each feed as regularly as I should.

What do you dislike?

I'd like the option for increased account management (even if it means a bill increase). As a growing team it would be very helpful to know that the platform is going to continue to grow with me.

MeetEdgar has made providing a social media presence for my team possible. As a 1 man shop it's great to be able to spend an hour or two a week and schedule a fresh, persistent stream of content on my teams (8 pages).

"Great Way to Repurpose Evergreen Content"

What do you like best?

I have a lot of content that I create, but as a small business person, I don't have the bandwidth or team to keep posting it to social channels. With MeetEdgar, I've been able to regularly share evergreen content that gives my blog and vlog posts a much longer lifespan. I've definitely seen an uptick in traffic by using it.

What do you dislike?

You can't tag individuals in LinkedIn posts which makes it more challenging for the B2B space that doesn't use Pinterest or Instagram.

I had a lot of content that was sitting there, doing nothing. If I wanted to keep it out there, I had to spend a lot of time crafting editorial calendars and then cutting and pasting. I love that the categories allows me to segment the content and then put it in the right platform queues at the right days/times.

Graphic Design & Web Development, Social Media & Marketing

"A great solution for rotating content to boost social media results"

What do you like best?

I've used Edgar and am a huge fan. It's the best solution that I've found to date that allows you to recirculate web content and easily add new content. You'd be surprised how valuable it is to republish past articles and information from your website to drive more traffic. It's user-friendly and a great asset.

What do you dislike?

It is a little pricey and I can't tag other social media businesses and it doesn't integrate with Instagram. Adding the ability to tag other businesses within the workspace would be ideal. However, the workaround is that I just edit the post after it goes live - so not the end of the world.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are versed in Social Media and have content to share, this will save you tons of time

Pre-scheduling content and promotions and keeping my Facebook Business pages updating with content on a regular basis.

Content Marketing Manager

"Not nearly as useful as it used to be"

What do you like best?

I appreciate that Edgar makes it easy to schedule social posts across different channels. My favorite feature is the ability to categorize posts so you can decide, for example, that you want webinar promotions to go out every Tuesday at 1pm and new blog posts to go out every Friday at 9am.

What do you dislike?

When we first purchased Edgar, the tool offered the ability to report on social media engagement by category. In other words, we could compare how our followers engaged with posts in our "E-Books" category versus our "Webinar" category and make decisions accordingly. For some reason, they quickly removed that feature and Edgar now has no reporting capabilities.

It was also initially very useful for recycling and rescheduling old content, but due to recent Twitter TOS updates, that's no longer allowed. As a result, Edgar is pretty much useless to us now.

Save time on social scheduling

Project Manager
Accounting

"LOVE MEETEDGAR! Increased our ROI, Saves us time, and totally worth it. "

What do you like best?

The automation and the library where you can keep it all in one place. Also, the variation feature is great.

What do you dislike?

I wish we could share the post directly on IG without having to be near our phone to post it ourselves.

Saves time. Makes it easier to organize social posts and schedule. ROI b/c we were able to cut down on our social media staff. Provide a better ROI for Clients b/c an increase in frequency has increased the exposure for our Clients on Facebook and LInkedin, which resulted in higher conversions for Clients.

Content Strategist
Retail

"Shockingly, startlingly awesome"

What do you like best?

I'm 3-4x as effective in 1/4 the time. I used to be perpetually wracked by this feeling of 'uh oh' whenever I had been away from Twitter and Facebook for more than a half-hour or so. Now, I use those platforms to do the fun, network-y stuff that's enjoyable, and Edgar handles all of the ugh-type posting (inspirational quotes in pretty frames, links to articles along with a pull quote and image, evergreen brand-building posts) that used to occupy most of my Twitter and Facebook time.

Like everybody, I've been frustrated by rapidly-diminishing reach on social media. Edgar is the perfect solution to a lot of my woes, allowing me to gain followers, spark engagement and build the brand even while I'm not actively working (even while I'm actively sleeping).

I feel like I'm gushing, but the number of times that I've signed up for a platform/service and been overwhelmed with the value, efficacy and customer service after significant usage is 1. If you're wondering what that feels like, it's great. I recommend it.

What do you dislike?

I strongly dislike that Edgar only works with Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. If Edgar worked with Instagram, Pinterest, Goodreads, Spotify, Reddit, Snapchat and Messenger like it did with the current triumvirate, I would be beside myself.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Pull the trigger. You'll love the people you work with/speak to, the platform is better than advertised and the UI/UX is like a warm, blue dream.

Edgar is elegant. The content library/queue system allows me to automate background-level activity on social media (using Edgar's Chrome extension, I can take an article I'm reading and turn it into an evergreen, thought-leader type post with link & image in 3-4 seconds) without getting in the way of organic usage, networking, etc.

I would argue that Edgar is underpriced (or a great value, at least), given what it does, and that's allow me to spend 2-3 hours a week loading new/fresh content into Edgar's library/content queue, which then means that Facebook (Groups and Pages, both), Twitter and LinkedIn are all operating even when I'm not at a computer, blasting out links to good content (including mine), images I made and optimized in Canva, etc.

I do the kind of posting I don't care for (inspirational quotes, pull-quotes from good articles with proper hashtags, etc) in one block a week, and then the rest of my time on, say, Twitter is spent looking for and interacting with interesting content and users. I never have that nagging, guilty feeling of 'I haven't tweeted in _____ mins/hours,' because all of my work-related accounts are consistently blasting out good content, using a schedule I created.

It feels like cheating, it's so awesome and effective and intuitive. BUT, given what I've seen and heard, MeetEdgar's folks are among the most committed to not going afoul of TOSs, and they are SUPER communicative. I had the Support folks tweet at me on my personal account to answer a question I'd emailed them a few days prior bc they noticed I had not opened the mass email that answered that very question. Helpful and pleasant, always. I love them.

Communication Assistant
Media Production

"Going in the right direction but still not there"

What do you like best?

Edgar's interface is nice and beautiful, I love the post preview and the rotating libraries

What do you dislike?

I don't like that I can't just "stop" a calendar. If i need to stop my posts i will need to erase the calendar. This is very annoying if Im thinking about stopping my posts for a couple of days but I want to go back to my calendar later.

I also think it is very expensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Edgar is great if you have a big budget but if you're struggling with budget I better recommend Recur Post.

Edgar helps me liberating time. Before I would have to manually post every entry into my social media but now I can just schedule everything at the beginning of each month.

Executive Assistant
Photography

"A Godsend for your Evergreen Content"

What do you like best?

Edgar is built for evergreen content publishing. You will be able to keep a library of your best content, put them into separate categories, and assign time slots for them to be automatically re-shared in the future. Random content can also be assigned to time slots, and you can even decide which categories will be included in random!

What do you dislike?

Currently Edgar does not support multiple images in a single post. Photos are also shrunk to a more mobile-friendly resolution. As a photography-centric company, we would love to be able to show our photos in a bigger size.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Edgar works best if you already have a good number of (or plan on keep adding more) evergreen content to avoid too much repetition. You wouldn't want to bombard your audience with the exact same content over and over again. This will of course be dependent on the frequency of your schedule as well as how refined your categories are.

In terms of the networks supported, Edgar currently works for Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn, but it doesn't seem like they will be adding more networks in the near future. So if you're looking for evergreen content sharing for Pinterest, Instagram, G+, or Snapchat, etc, you might be out of luck. (At the time I don't think service or products exist for these networks, though)

If you're a social media manager, you would know that the organic reach is ever-dwindling, and how important it is to re-use your evergreen content so more of your fans will be able to see your popular or effective content. We used to manually re-post content via Buffer, but it turned out to be a very time-consuming task and the content-management is cumbersome and inefficient.

Then came Edgar. By setting up a schedule to share our evergreen content automatically, we saved a lot of time and can get back to the most important task: create more quality content.

The Writer's Muse + The Writer's Producer
(Myself Only)

"Social Media Scheduling Made Easy"

What do you like best?

I've been an Edgar customer almost since the beginning. It's easy to use, intuitive interface makes social scheduling a breeze, but what really sold me was the content library that builds up over time, so after you've done the initial set up and pulled in your RSS feeds, it really does become set it and forget it.

What do you dislike?

There are some scheduling features that I wish were a little easier to work with in terms of duplication and drag and drop.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be willing to take the time to sit down and spend several hours filling in all your content. Then set a scheduled time once every week or month to add in new content. Voila. All done.

Social media scheduling without the headache.

Digital Manager
Renewables & Environment

"Edgar Is A Great Way to Save Time on Twitter"

What do you like best?

I used to spend hours every week scheduling individual tweets on Crowdbooster. As a nonprofit with an international focus, it's important to post to Twitter around the clock, but it can be time consuming and difficult to keep track of how often we push different CTAs to different timezone audiences. MeetEdgar has made a huge difference in the amount of time I can spend writing tweets instead of scheduling them, and being more mindful about what CTAs different timezone audiences are seeing.

What do you dislike?

I wish it was easier to schedule a post at a specific time when necessary (rather than schedule a category). The feature is available, but it's a bit clunky and I can't see what I've scheduled in the "schedule" tab which seems a little crazy. I also wish that I could upload multiple images or a video, though I'm not sure if Twitter's API allows for it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a great scheduling tool for Twitter that has saved me loads of time, and it's very affordable (and offers nonprofit discounts). It's worth noting it's not an analytics tool.

I am saving an incredible amount of time by creating a library a scheduling categories from that library, instead of having to schedule specific posts. It's revolutionized the amount of time I can spend dedicating to social media strategy instead of content creation.

AL

"Great Time Saver!"

What do you like best?

I am new to handling our firm's social media activity and branding. When I first began I found it tedious and time consuming to post on different social media sites until I found Edgar. I couldn't believe how user friendly it was and for me that's huge. With Edgar I didn't have to be computer or social media savvy to use it. I like the ability to create categories and follow other sites to add content to my feed and then schedule everything at one time. This was by far the biggest win for me, not having to go to each social site I wanted to post content on, Edgar did it for me. I can't say how happy I am to have found Edgar and my boss is happy also.

What do you dislike?

Not a dislike necessarily but often, I like to schedule items that I don't want to categorize as a once only item and trying to work with the calendar portion is a bit tedious. It's doable and manageable but I like the idea of being able to schedule items once in their specific category to keep track of that particular post topic.

The other thing I wish for - not a dislike - is having the ability to add the "Queue" to my outlook calendar. That would be really nice, since I do other marketing and track it on my calendar, not having to sign into Edgar or manually add it to my outlook would be nice.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend giving it a try. We started with a free trial and never looked back.

The main business problem is "time management". Using Edgar has saved a considerable amount of time. I used to spend a few days on social media marketing and now I work on it once a week and I'm done.

Owner, Designer, Artist

"Set it and forget it! At least for a little while..."

What do you like best?

I love that I can spend an hour loading up posts and memes and such, and have it literally take care of all of it for me for a month or more.

What do you dislike?

Facebook favors posts made from within it's 'walls' - so it's not an end-all solution. You still have to post manually once in a while.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There's a learning curve, but it's completely worth it, even if you're only using it for one-off posts. Ideally, though - use it to re-post. It helps to make sure people see your content!

Any regular posts or editorial posts we want to share repeatedly saves us so much time!

Digital Front End Developer III

"Saves me Hours of Work"

What do you like best?

I can add posts to my library and I do not have to think about it again its there and will rotate through

What do you dislike?

Wish I could create libraries that would only go out between two different dates and repeat every year.

I now do not have to spend hours planning facebook posts and can focus on other areas of business that make me money.

"Convenient way to keep resharing content"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to pause or skip posts. Also, the ability to add variations can be helpful, depending on the type of post. Linking the RSS feed to autofind new blogs we write is great too.

What do you dislike?

Instagram scheduling is only available for iOS.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make Instagram scheduling available for Droid ASAP please

Edgar is great for keeping your evergreen content in rotation - as a social media manager, it's easy to write a bunch of great posts for your website content and forget about them after awhile. Much like a favorite playlist, Edgar keeps them in your rotation.

Sales & Marketing Operations Manager

"Edgar is a great tool for building a social media schedule"

What do you like best?

- Ability to post to many company social profiles

- Complete control over scheduling by profile, topic, time, date or one time post

- Transparency with history and queue

- Use categories to organize social posts by topic or department

- Bitly integration for all posts

- Control over adding images to each post

- Can export data via CSV

What do you dislike?

- Can't view post interaction data

- Inability to add UTM parameters to links

- Save time with scheduling social media posts

- Our sales team shares the same content on their profiles, which creates a greater awareness for our product

- Categories features has enabled us to organize content by categories (ie product, content, community)

Assistant to the President - Web/Media
Religious Institutions

"My Favorite Co-Worker"

What do you like best?

I love that it keeps cycling through our evergreen content. We just set our categories, post them into the weekly calendar, and start entering content. It keeps our Twitter stream going and saves me hours/days every month. I like that it's always running, even when other responsibilities take me away from the need to post to social media.

What do you dislike?

I'd like to have multiple calendars that can be different based on platform. It appears that I can only have one schedule at this point. I think their stats/analytics could be more robust. For example, they could filter by time slots, so we can see what times are working the best.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The price tag may steer you away early on. I encourage you to consider how much time you spend copy and pasting tweets into other platforms, and you'll appreciate how many hours this will save you. I love that I can always dive in and review what content is performing well and makes adjustments.

This has saved us hours and reduced the need to bring on an intern who would simply be re-entering social sharing content into another platform. Building brand awareness and equipping our constituents to carry out their work. We've seen increased site traffic from Twitter, due to consistent content being presented to our followers. Our follower count on Twitter continues to increase each week as well, even when it's all on autopilot.

Owner
Design

"MeetEdgar Review"

What do you like best?

I love how simple and visual it all is. Makes scheduling easy and quick. Love how easy it is to import RSS feeds too.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I can't do at the moment is schedule to Instagram direct, but I know they are working on this.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want a cost-effective and easy to use social media management system then use Edgar. Easily the best I've used.

Efficient scheduling of my client's posts makes me and my business look professional and saves me time.

"Edgar is a must for social media"

What do you like best?

Edgar has made social media simple and organized. Once a week is all it takes to upload new content. It's super user-friendly.

What do you dislike?

It creates similar post copy for Twitter since you're unable to tweet the same tweet twice. However, the majority of the time, this auto-generated copy isn't something we'd use.

Social media used to not be a focus for us. Now seeing the Edgar's ROI, we've contracted someone solely to run our social media via Edgar. Game changer!

Product Marketing Manager
Information Services

"Best social media tool I've used for repeatability"

What do you like best?

I was looking for a tool that would allow me to schedule a bunch of posts on several social channels and let it running repeatedly and indefinitely. I tried HootSuite but I had to keep rescheduling, which meant I had to keep generating previews each time I bulk-uploaded my posts, which was unpractical. Edgar solved my issues, since I can bulk-upload my content, generate previews for each one once and then let it randomly pick content on specific timeslots and post on social.

What do you dislike?

I track all URLs with utm parameters, so each URL is different, even if it's from the same article, but for different channels. That means it takes up spaces in my library, which is not unlimited. Plus, I have to generate the URLs by myself. I'd love to see Edgar filling out the source and medium automatically for me when I add a new URL to my Library.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Even if your use case is different, I suggest you try it. The interface is really nice, the newsletters are well written and enjoyable.

Mainly, sharing information through social media in a hands-off manner. I gained a lot of time since I don't have to keep coming back to it for triggering posts. I can just let it be and it will work by itself.

"Edgar"

What do you like best?

- The software helps you to keep the content organized by groups and it posts them accordingly.

- With Edgar, you can manage a few different Facebook, Linkedin and tweeter accounts at the same time.

- Since only about 10% of all users are reached with each post, we use the tool to re-post the content regularly.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the system does not pull the images properly from the blog article and I could not find the way to fix the issue.

Content posting automation. We completely automated the process of content posting.

Owner, Graphic Designer
Graphic Design

"Edgar simplifies my social media management."

What do you like best?

I love that using Edgar helps me to be more consistent with my social media scheduling. I don't have to spend time every week finding things to share, and then scheduling those posts. I can add to my library as needed, and post my content on a consistent basis, which helps me grow my following.

What do you dislike?

I wish that Edgar would integrate with Pinterest -- that would be amazing.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You'll want to have a library of content ready to post. When I made the switch to Edgar, I went back through old tweets and Facebook posts that had done well, and added those to my Edgar library.

It saves me a ton of time, and I've seen an actual increase in followers and engagement.

Creative Director
Arts and Crafts

"Edgar has freed up so much time by looking after all my evergreen content - amazing!"

What do you like best?

The fact that my social media accounts will always have content published. There will never be a day without something posted. Easy to set everything up and you can do everything in advance before going live.

What do you dislike?

The price is too high when compared to the number of social media profiles you are allowed to setup. Although it's an amazing product, the number of profiles should be increased by 5 to be in line with other platforms.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Plan everything out in advance. When getting started, have at least 30 posts ready to get the biggest bang for your buck. Their webinars are fantastic too so you can see things in advance and they also have a 2 week free trial.

I'm not having to post evergreen content manually to my social media accounts. I put everything into Edgar, setup a schedule and let it do it's thing. The time saved is the biggest benefit.

AI

"Easy Social Media Management"

What do you like best?

I work on a very lean team and don't have a lot of time to manage our social campaigns. I actually found Edgar when it was still in beta and loved it right away. Automatic RSS importing, auto-scheduling, auto-everything. It's a busy marketers dream!

The software is easy to navigate, which is a big time saver as well. There are limited top-level nav options, so it's easy to find what you're looking for and they have easy-to-reach and quick to respond support.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can be a little glitchy. I've had issues a couple times where it will post the same content multiple times in a small time window and have had to make adjustments to remedy that. I also wish there were more analytics baked in.

There are also a couple small UI things that are somewhat buggy. When you're working through checking content, the photos don't always pull through so there can be some manual work there. It also reloads the first page of content when you save a change, which is annoying when you're working through multiple pages. Last but not least, the calendar feature isn't drag and drop, which means scheduling is a bit more tedious than it could be otherwise.

All of that said, those are very picky, miniscule complaints.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you take the time to front-load lots of updates so you get a lot of variety in your outgoing posts.

The biggest problem it solves is it just saves a ton of time without causing you to lose sight of what you're doing. It's easy to check in on once in a while to make sure it's doing its thing. \

Edgar Pricing