Crowdcast Reviews & Product Details

Crowdcast Overview

What is Crowdcast?

Crowdcast is the most engaging and easy-to-use live streaming experience on the market. We are a browser-based solution for creating interactive webinars, live Q&As, workshops, and online summits that scale to your needs. We offer a simple platform to engage with attendees via live chat, polls, time-stamped Q&As, and face-to-face. Beyond collecting emails, Crowdcast provides advanced data and analytics around your event and audience, and so much more!

Crowdcast Details

Crowdcast lets you have highly engaging webinars and conferences that scale. Crowdcast makes it dead-simple to start a webcast and interact with hundreds/thousands of people at one-tenth the price of enterprise software. Beyond just emails, Crowdcast provides advanced data and analytics around your event and audience.

Crowdcast
2007
San Francisco, CA
@CrowdcastHQ

Answer a few questions to help the Crowdcast community
Have you used Crowdcast before?

Crowdcast Reviews

Showing 62 Crowdcast reviews
Already have Crowdcast?
Research Assistant
What do you like best?

Virtually inviting audience on the screen through chat.

Their customer support is very informative and knowledgeable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Quality of screen share can be improved.

Lack of dial-in by phone for speakers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Provides an easy way of engaging with attendees.

Engaging of delegates through conferences is made possible by Crowdcast.

The setup is very straightforward. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Automating workflow of our email distribution.

Recording and sharing webinars. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Open Discussions in Crowdcast
owner
What do you like best?

The ability to announce casts in advance, require registration if appropriate, charge if appropriate and for attendees to ask questions in advance. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's pricey. A good value, but I don't know if I'd sign up at the current pricing. My plan was grandfathered in. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't hesitate to reach out with questions. Excellent customer support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have a private Patreon group and Crowdcast is far superior to live-stream via YouTube, which I was doing previously. The group feels like it's getting a true benefit. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Chief Operating Officer
Legal Services
What do you like best?

I like how easy Crowdcast is to use. We use it for our company training and sales webinars and it's very easy for our customers to sign up and attend. I also like that the sessions are automatically recorded for those registered who couldn't attend and that all previous webinars and future webinars are listed out on a nice page. The support is very nice and helpful too. We also like the ability to save custom polls and calls to action in the webinars too. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We've had some quality issues with our screen share recordings and sound. But the support staff always does their best to help with pinpointing the issue. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Crowdcast helps us to communicate with our current and prospective clients in an effective way that is beneficial to both our company and our clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CO
What do you like best?

Integration with Patreon, the interactive functions (Q&A upvote, easy to create polls in an instant, user friendly tools for both admin and attendee). The community feel for the broadcasts is very good, if that is aligned with your brand. I also appreciate that another person can be logged into the same admin account as a "producer" to help with the execution of the broadcast, instead of having to purchase another "host" account like you do in Zoom. It is perfectly fine that with Crowdcast only one admin can be onscreen at a time; the behind-the-scenes "producer" allowance is more than enough.

It's extremely easy to get started with Crowdcast and set up your first event. The fact that you can customize each event on your channel is great --- private or unlisted, you can accept payments!!! so that only paying customers can attend, or if you use Patreon you can create patron-only broadcasts so that only active Patreon subscribers can access those broadcasts or recordings. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike, but if it's going to be your primary webinar platform and you want more of a one-way delivery, the welcoming community aesthetic may not be for you. For us, our authority is a very important part of our brand, and so a one-way webinar interface is more in alignment. However, for Patreon broadcasts, the community aspect is welcome. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure that this is the right webinar platform for you. Each is different and may or may not work for your brand or budget. That said, Crowdcast is excellent in every way and the company continues to improve on its product. Also, I was very impressed that the CEO gave the demo that I attended. High marks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Patron-only broadcasts for Pateron subscribers. This is the main reason I am using Crowdcast. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Film Hair and Make-up artist, course creator and tech support for the film industry
What do you like best?

Crowdcast experience is as easy and simple as can be, both for the people creating the webinar than the people watching.

Really easy to plan, make your webinar a paid one, it just works and you can be set in 5mn for a free webinar. You cannot have a smoother experience. It works super nicely on mobile as well which is super important for my audience. You can super easily make a webinar paid, free or private so all your marketing/teaching needs are covered. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't know. I haven't stumble on anything that's annoying yet. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just try it. the software is the easiest. I have been on many webinars and am always happier when the host uses Crowdcast. When I remember the hassle when I was doing through Youtube live with an extra chat box, it's such a waste of time compared to Crowdcast. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am giving online courses and masterclass to people who are not used to this type of content, plus they need to consume on their phone. with Crowdcast it's so easy. Even the reminder emails are already programmed and can be amended so they sound more like you. Magical. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

President
What do you like best?

I've used at least 6 different webinar platforms in the last few years on a quest to find one that offered a great user experience for both myself and the attendees. Crowdcast is it! I love the depth of the analytics, the interactivity of the platform, and the ability to provide attendees with a great learning experience. I also appreciate that Crowdcast has the ability to integrate with our CRM. This provides greater ease and better tracking of customer and subscriber date.

My customers have said that they like the Q&A feature in Crowdcast. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that comes to mind is the poll functionality. It's not really easy to use during a broadcast. I wish I could pre-load a couple of poll questions and then launch it as needed during the broadcast. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The problem Crowdcast solves for my business is providing an integrated, stable, and reliable platform for webinars - both paid training and list-growth training. Because of Crowdcast's analytics we've been able to pinpoint strategies that are truly working and are able to multiply our results because of this. For instance, we consistently see 20% conversation on sign up pages for paid training and as high as 60% for free trainings. We bring in more high quality leads that turn into paid training customers and consulting clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
What do you like best?

System is easy to use and reliable. Reasonably priced. And with just a half hour of training, I was pretty much ready to go and do my first webinar. (I did not have any previous experience with running a webinar) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

So far I'm quite happy with crowdcast. I've yet to find a downside, other than not having access to tech support during the weekend. That is usually when I do my webinars. So having some support then would be helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For a small business like mine, Crowdcast seems to be a great solution. I am new to using webinars, but at the moment Crowdcast has everything I need. And it has been very easy to set up and use Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Allows me to both provide helpful content for my audience, and monetize it at the same time. I like that the webinars can be accessed later and I don't have host any of the content on my website. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Business Operations Analyst
Professional Training & Coaching
What do you like best?

Crowdcast is very easy to setup, in terms of the account and also for each event. They offer extreme value for money, have awesome customer support, and the feature that my clients and audience love most is that there are no downloads they need to make in order to view. Another audience-side plus is that the URL for each event remains the same (if I'd like) so there's no need to hunt down emails to gain access. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not being to isolate screen sharing to a particular tab; but that also could be browser related. On a few occasions I wished that I could have a little more capacity to have others on-screen, but that's a minor wishlist item. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't let the simplicity fool you into thinking that Crowdcast isn't a powerhouse contender, it really is! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I've been using it for live demos and walk-throughs of software that have turned into booked consulting projects, so that benefit is revenue. Another use has been to hold client meetings, whether onboarding or monthly check-ins which is very beneficial because the client then has something to reference without necessarily needing to confer with me for quick recaps. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Library Director
Libraries
What do you like best?

We saved around 6 hours of work per webinar when we switched to crowdcast a couple years ago. Since then we've increased the frequency of webinars and grown our audience significantly. They are all about removing barriers and making it as simple as possible for both hosts and audience members, and then they provide amazing metrics we can use for our reporting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Crowdcast has been limited to Chrome for quite a while, and is not as useful for smaller meetings. Therefore we've had to use crowdcast for it's strengths which is to reach a larger audience. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's important to host a rehearsal webinar before starting your live event. Create a new event, login, and test out the features. The support docs and team are also really helpful. I've had some trouble with a microphone, or audio playback, but then I'm always able to fix it with Crowdcast's support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Right now it takes about 5 minutes to set up a new event and publish it to our audience. We start getting registrations immediately. The benefit is growing the audience with video and being part of a community of creators. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Scholarship Mentor
E-Learning
What do you like best?

Unlike other platforms, the technology is very easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would like to have a feature where I can add an attachment like a pdf for the participants to download. Other than that, it's perfect for my needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't wait! Try it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am able to use it a pre-sales vehicle for my discovery calls. I have people watch the video prior to talking with me. This has saved me time and also prequalified my leads. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Educator
Professional Training & Coaching
What do you like best?

The platform is so user friendly. It's quite possibly the easiest platform I use for my business now. They have nailed it with making it accessible and easy to configure. And the staff has been excellent in getting questions answered immediately. Super impressed. Definitely a top rated company to do business with. They go above and beyond. Highly recommend. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Haven't found anything that is notable yet. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

So many things... I can live stream on their platform and multi-stream to several others at the same time. They make growing my audience easy with their seamless interface that gracefully captures emails and names. Feels super professional and user friendly for my audience. They stay connected with my audience by emailing them every time I'm on live. And I have a professional page that stores all my events that people can purchase at a later date. So integrated on so many levels. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of Education
What do you like best?

My absolute favorite part of Crowdcast is the tight integration of video, chat, and Q&A. It is so simple for me, as an organizer, to invite presenters on screen and host a great session. Moderation is so straight-forward. I also like that questions composed in the chat window can be converted for use in the Q&A feature. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were direct API access to the platform for creating and deleting events and registering/unregistering attendees. The current feature set is practically perfect in every way otherwise. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I like to create private "Equipment Test" events for my guest presenters so I can give them a quick tour of using Crowdcast ahead of the public event. Usually I schedule these anywhere from a day to a week prior to the real event. Sometimes, due to presenter schedule, I have to run them same day at which point we just use the public event's green room. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

My entire business is virtual education events and Crowdcast provides practically everything I need in one tidy platform. It has made scheduling and running each of my monthly webinars and annual virtual conferences so much easier. My whole process is streamlined from where it was a year ago, all thanks to Crowdcast. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Founder
Higher Education
What do you like best?

Here are my 4 favorite things about Crowdcast: (1) The registration page, the event page, and the recording page are all at the same URL. (2) Recordings are available almost immediately after the event. (3) It has great interactive capabilities, namely the chat and Q&A functionality. (4) Everything is nicely designed, so it's easy to get up and running. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

In the early days, the recording quality was not good enough, but it has gotten better over time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I've been using Crowdcast for years. They have continued to come out with new, innovative features without adding bloat to the product. The support has always been top-notch: quick, friendly, clear, and generous. I recommend it to everyone who asks! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I need a way to teach highly interactive data science classes online, and Crowdcast provides that! My students have enjoyed using it, and it has also helped me to grow my audience. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Co-Founder, Chief Strategist + Designer
What do you like best?

It's so easy to use, I can recommend it to all of my clients, no matter how tech-savvy they are. It's beautifully designed, and feels like one of the most modern platforms out there. It has a nice FEEL to it. The lack of a need to download any software is also a huge benefit for participants. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have had problems with slight clicking sounds in the audio whenever I have exported the video/audio after events. The login system is sometimes confusing for older, less savvy participants. Limit of 4 people on screen. I've experienced trouble with people having trouble accessing or hearing the video in their browser, even on chrome. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I love having an easy link to send someone to in order to join a training or group call. It saves me time, it's easy to use, and makes it easy to run group programs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
What do you like best?

I love that Crowdcast is so easy to use. There are so many webinar platforms that are difficult for the presenter and attendees to use. There are also many features that were helpful during the webinar. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see the option to add an admin during the live webinar (it's a small fix) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am helping teachers become better educators. Having this ease of access was great because it is on a platform without a lot of distractions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

Fantastic, responsive support - when I had questions, the CEO joined the chat to answer them. Exactly the features I need. Easy to use, and super-intuitive too -- I was up and running in under 5 minutes. One of my best experiences with a web service ever. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's more expensive than I'd like. They do allow you to cancel at any time and they have a $10/month "pause" feature, but the minimum useful feature set is around $60/month. It's a premium product so I can justify the price, but only if I start and stop the service to only be active every few months, which will involve some hassle. At half the price, I'd probably set it and forget it (and have more frequent livestreams for my patrons.) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Reach out to their chat with any questions you have -- it's super-responsive. Join their weekly livestream -- it's run by their CEO, and goes over all the features in depth (and you get the experience of using their product as an audience member.) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I make my living on Patreon and I wanted a fun way to connect with my patrons. Creating a livestream was super-intuitive and easy for me, and watching the livestream and using all the features was super-easy for my patrons. It has all the features I'd want-chat, voting on questions, time-stamping the answers, polls, being able to bring readers up on "stage" with me, nearly instant Rewatch for those who missed the livestream, downloadable emails. It was a great way to strengthen my relationships with my super-fans. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Mrs
What do you like best?

The ease of use for host and consumer. We all like the chat feed and the video when live, communication is easy and nothing is missed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

can't think of anything specific. (I'v not explored many of the extra features, like sharing screen or sharing to FB) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Worth the extra learning curve for ease of use for host and consumer. My members love the chat feed and the question box is so helpful to revisit questions with timestamps on replays. The fact that the registration, live feed and replay are all using the same link is an extra bonus! It makes it so easy to use and reduces chance of human error! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Chatting easily to membership without the distractions that we get on Facebook. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Podcast creator, host and editor
Music
What do you like best?

That I am given full access to and control of my community's data (emails, stats, etc) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I can't livestream from my phone yet, though I'm sure I'll be able to some day Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

As a premium product, this might not make sense for everyone. But if you're serious about livestreaming, and especially if you want to integrate livestreaming into your Patreon workflow, I would highly recommend considering Crowdcast Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I love livestreaming but don't enjoy the middlemen who come between me and my audience, and control how we can connect. With Crowdcast I feel like they just enable me to connect directly with my people, and stay out of the way otherwise. Amazing! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Founder
What do you like best?

I love that Crowdcast is easy to use and very reliable. It is one of the main components of my business and brings in most of my customers. Plus, their support is amazing! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that when you create an event with multiple sessions that there are no notifications going out for each session and that the date and time stated for the event does always only show the first session. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it! It's the best solution on the market today. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use Crowdcast to show potential customers how I work and what the process of my service looks like. I also use it to generate content to share on social media. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Historical Actor/Speaker
What do you like best?

Crowdcast has a fresh interface that appealing for attendees and functional for hosts. The ability to provide almost instant replays at the same URL is a big bonus. The video quality is also excellent. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Getting panelists set up to broadcast is more complicated than it needs to be. I'm also disappointed with the ease of creating templates for doing the same kinds of webinars. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Crowdcast offers a good registration experience for attendees, it runs in the browser without any special apps, and it provides high quality hosted replays. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Executive Director
What do you like best?

Crowdcast has streamlined and simplified every part of the live stream process to multiple locations. Awesome and effective tool that builds and strengthens relationships. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is having to pay :)... then I think about all the time Crowdcast saves me and remember how much value I receive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just do the 2 week trial and see for yourself. Only bad thing is you'll have no more excuses to not go live anymore. Game On! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

My core audience and clients have been hundreds of miles away for almost 10 years, but is's so easy to jump on a Crowdcast to stay in touch, keep relationships strong, and keep projects moving forward.. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Founder, VP Marketing
What do you like best?

there was nothing remarkable about this software other than a shocking number of bugs, horrible product instability issues, and an unapologetic CEO who seems to be oblivious to these and other serious issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

crowdcast is extremely buggy. According to correspondence with Crowdcast's CEO, their database "locks up" from time to time when lots of people try to sign in, which makes it so that nobody can watch the live event. This seems like a pretty huge design flaw given that the purpose of this software is to host events with a few thousand people. We tried to stream our live event through this platform and received thousands of user complaints saying they couldn't access the livestream to the event. This software is supposed to do one thing (live casting of a video stream to thousands of people) and it fails miserably at doing that one thing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

as this product doesn't scale to thousands of users, there isn't much benefit of using it above conventional web event software like gotomeeting, zoom, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We attempted to host a Facebook Advertising Summit event via crowdcast, on january 24th, there were around 14k sign ups with maybe 3k live attendees (we will never know the full number though, since crowdcast was down). It was a major event that our team spent a lot of time and effort to prepare. Immediately we were inundated with over a thousand support requests of users complaining that crowdcast was frozen. Approximately 25% of our sales resulted in returns due to technical issues with crowdcast. Users were very angry for having blocked off their day to access this content, but it wasn't streaming at all. Major issues persisted for the entire day, randomly booting users off the platform, and was overall a spectacular failure. If you have an important company event you are working on, and if you are OK with being completely sabotaged by crowdcast, then i suppose this is the software for you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

First of all they are so personable, and always available to help out in any way at any point of learning, setting up, having your actual event, and even after too.

The system makes things so easy, to taking payments or registrations, to automatically emailing the participants, to reminding them with the link to join, and the recording is available IMMEDIATELY after so there's nothing that needs to be done really but show up! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

That my laptop overheats even on googlechrome browser, and I have very high speed internet. And because it has to be on certain browsers, my students sometimes have issues getting on, or watching the replay. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You have to try it to see how easy it can be, how high quality the video is, how the features help you stay in contact with your audience, and having the replay available to even download is just incredible! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It saves me so much time. With Zoom I have to do so much myself, and then get the recording, and send it out, etc. And Crowdcast makes everything so easy! Also, having a call to action button is awesome, and the other features make it super fun and interactive for the participants. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Coach Author
What do you like best?

That I can build a personal profile presence and business channel whilst recording excellent Workshops and Podcasts Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

That it's only on Chrome - Crowdcast are looking to change this Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Chrome; and setting up new Recordings from my Phone app Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.