ConceptDraw MINDMAP

3.2

A versatile, yet easy-to-use tool for organizing ideas and data. Creates mind maps that intuitively illustrate your thought process. Outputs a wide variety of document styles and formats. Delivers presentations from mind maps with built-in modes and MS PowerPoint export. Perfect for brainstorming, project planning, meeting management, note taking, and more.

Work for ConceptDraw MINDMAP?

Learning about ConceptDraw MINDMAP?

ConceptDraw MINDMAP Reviews

Ask ConceptDraw MINDMAP a Question
Showing 10 ConceptDraw MINDMAP reviews
Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about ConceptDraw MINDMAP
ConceptDraw MINDMAP review by User in Media Production
User in Media Production

"Great mind mapping tool from quality company."

What do you like best?

I used and tested about a dozen mind mapping tools. I ended up using ConceptDraw's Mindmap through several versions now and have stuck with it almost exclusively. It has everything I need and I alternate between list/outline and actual mapping depending upon how I am thinking at the time and what is most appropriate for what I am doing. I started with Mindmap. I think most ConceptDraw users started with ConceptDraw. But I have since found the integration with CD Project and CD very useful at times. The theming, arranging, and relational tools are easy to use and intuitive. There are also a lot of free additions in the CD Store that are useful in themselves and for example and inspiration.

What do you dislike?

Overall I am happy with the CD universe but it is pricey compared to a lot of other options including some decent options that are free to use. I also wonder why they chose to directly incorporate Twitter, Evernote and MS OneNote as they seem arbitrary choices subject to personal preferences. My biggest pet peeve is that in the Outline view I always have to reset the font and I cannot set a standard font and size. It cannot be set globally or for the document being worked on. In the middle of working after I have already reset the font, I will need to update all new work with my font choice. It is relatively minor but this becomes really tedious for me!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very good product and the company has been good over the years at responding to my support questions. I believe this product is targeted to larger corporate customers or project management and facilities management related professionals. So if you are just looking for a cheap mindmapping tool this may not be your first choice. But if you want reliable software that is well supported and put a premium on that, this was my best choice.

For Mindmap specifically this is a great tool for organizing and developing thoughts for a variety of purposes. Specifically it can be a starting point for a project which can then later be fleshed out in a more formalized way. On the level of presentation it can be used for graphical purposes into a different medium presentation or on its own direct from Mindmap. It is also useful for reference points/notes in project management.

What Presentation solution do you use?

ConceptDraw MINDMAP review by User

"Mindmapping made easy in speed times"

What do you like best?

Mindmapping with ease of integration with MS Office apps (Word, Powerpoint) and the other ConceptDraw software... but who needs Powerpoint when from inside MindMap you can create your own presentations without any formatting

What do you dislike?

Limitation in bubble formating oposed to other mindmapping software available. Asides from that, this software is made to make you more efficient.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Mindmap is great when used as a standalone app, but when used with other ConceptDraw products, its potential is really met. It's not a cheap option but buying the ConceptDraw Office suite could definitely take you to the right path.

ConceptDraw Mindmap was the first commercial mindmapping software I really used, and many of the key features of other competitors are, to my consideration, taken form this app. The main feature is the availity to integrate it with the Project and Diagram makes it all worthwhile.

Plus the time dedicated to mindmap formating is reduced alot when applying or desiging your own themes.

Mainly time reduction throughout the use of this software when brainstorming and presenting to clients or the boss is the main advange over other Mindmapping software.

ConceptDraw MINDMAP review by Frans M.
Frans M.

"Great way to share and discuss ideas"

What do you like best?

MINDMAP provides me the right tool to easily present and share ideas and status with the project team

What do you dislike?

The integration with other tools (like export to Powerpoint) is a bit cumbersome. However, some smart copy/paste could do the job as well

MINDMAP is an excellent addition to PROJECT, as the graphical reporting and integration with PROJECT is a real add to get the project teams aligned in the programs I'm running for my customers

ConceptDraw MINDMAP review by User

"Neat Software for Creating Idea Maps"

What do you like best?

I like best that it has a very familiar user interface. It is very much like existing Microsoft software (word, excel, etc.) so I feel that I already know how to navigate it.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it is a "local" software so it is not as easy as other chart creation software to "share" documents with coworkers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are familiar with Microsoft products then give this software a try for sure because the interface is so similar.

I am solving the problem of keeping track of ideas and brainstorming. I used to just use paper/pencil but this gives me a digital format to keep track of everything easily.

ConceptDraw MINDMAP review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Mind Map"

What do you like best?

It allows me to put my ideas out in an organized fashion. That is all I really like.

What do you dislike?

It s not user friendly. It is really clunky. You can put a map together rather quickly, but I don't think it has enough customizations. Also, the learning curve is long. You need to dig around to find features. I got a trial version and don't plan to upgrade

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try. There are free trials out there, so you have noting to lose. I found others that I like better.

I was writing my strategic plan and I was using it to lay out my ideas.

ConceptDraw MINDMAP review by Victoria M.
Victoria M.

"Mind mapping for projects "

What do you like best?

The best part of using the software was that I did not have to waste paper ink or lead.

What do you dislike?

No in-depth ways to create a time line, or auto generation features for outline purposes.

Teen used for indirect Grassroots marketing techniques for Street teams.

ConceptDraw MINDMAP review by Leah W.
Leah W.

"Not what I Needed "

What do you like best?

Did not like it, was hard for me to use.

What do you dislike?

Hard to use for me.went to the right soft ware thats is good for me.

No benefits for me was not able use in landscape as wanted

ConceptDraw MINDMAP review by User

"ConceptDraw Mindmap works well"

What do you like best?

I like the integration with other apps, styles available and ease of use.

What do you dislike?

I didn't like that I needed to use either Windows or MAC OS to run the software, would've preferred a native linux version

Effective for note taking and brainstorming. Also good at documenting different aspects of a problem/product.

ConceptDraw MINDMAP review by User in Financial Services

"Simplicity"

What do you like best?

Beautifully designed and simple to use. Good for collaborating and ranking ideas.

What do you dislike?

Has an occasional crash when you use certain features

Getting ideas down on paper. Multiple users can collaborate on it and it helps put things in a format that makes it easy to visualize.

Learning about ConceptDraw MINDMAP?

* We monitor all ConceptDraw MINDMAP reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.