COINS

3.2

COINS provides commercial and engineering contractors with an integrated construction software platform to manage the project lifecycle.

Work for COINS?

Learning about COINS?

COINS Reviews

Showing 5 COINS reviews
COINS review by User in Construction
User in Construction

"Outdated interface"

What do you like best?

It can give you quite a bit of information. I also love the feature of exporting any report to excel. All of the information I need is there, it just takes some steps to get it. I do like how I can view any invoices that have been entered as well. That makes it very easy to go back and look at pricing.

What do you dislike?

For the version we use, the interface it outdated. It can be very clunky to navigate to the information I need. I do need several cheat sheets to make sure I know what I am looking at. It is not very intuitive and takes time to learn how to use it.

I do wish there was a way to set up report templates for my jobs, and have them emailed to me ewither daily, or weekly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While the software does work, and has all of the information you need. I would make sure there is a training plan in place. This can be very daunting for new employees especially. It can take a while to get the hang of it, and use it correctly.

It lets me know how my projects are doing, and lets me forecast for the future, and what steps I need to take to correct any problems. I also use it to go back and look at the invoices I have received. It helps me ensure I am holding to my budgets for materials and subcontractors.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about COINS
COINS review by Administrator in Construction
Administrator in Construction

"Good inclusive product but hard to customize and integrate with"

What do you like best?

It is very inclusive for the construction industry and able to handle most, if not all construction situations. Sales was very good as he knew the industry, product and competitors along with being very candid on what would\would not work for us.

What do you dislike?

While it was very inclusive and functional, the architecture, reporting and integration capabilities are extremely dated. Essentially, the only way to customize fields, a report or integrate would be custom development. Additionally, I found it not to be a cloud product as advertised as it is more like partner hosted.

Recommendations to others considering the product

COINS is inclusive but definately not for everyone because of the limited architecture. Additional field, custom reports and integrations are difficult but the canned reports are pretty good.

This would take care of all construction billing, projects and all financials. We ultimately did not go in this direction due to it's limitations.

What Construction Accounting solution do you use?

COINS review by Administrator

"User friendly"

What do you like best?

Easy to navigate and filter different criteria

What do you dislike?

Can be very slow and not work all the time

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a good software to use and you are able to get the work done that you need. The only issue is that it can be slow and disconnect you every so often. There are a few things I wish it was able to do that it cannot.

AR, invoicing issues

COINS review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Construction tailored ERP"

What do you like best?

The job costing methods are great! You can really tailor how you would like the job cost to spread throughout the system.

What do you dislike?

Slow development for new projects. COINS is very willing to work with you to come up with a solution, but the development for the project can take too long.

Full ERP tailored for construction, awesome that those kind of calculations are built in. Having payroll and HR within the system has made businesses processes much smoother.

COINS review by User in Construction
User in Construction

"Coins "

What do you like best?

The UI is very clean amd user friendly

Its easy for any client to follow through

What do you dislike?

Dislike to navigate to different tabs continuously

Would be nice to have jump back and forth feature

N/a

Learning about COINS?

* We monitor all COINS reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.