The ability to manage the data center fabric from a single interface and/or by making calls to the API. It's much simpler to manage the data center from a single pane of glass. The flexibility I have in breaking up my endpoints into endpoint groups. The increased security. The ability to automate processes. The ability to integrate with other Cisco devices as well as 3rd party products; such as Firewalls and Load Balancers. The integration with hypervisors (for instance VMware) is outstanding. The overall increased visibility and flexibility I have in the data center fabric.
It's not that I don't dislike anything about the product, it just takes the time to learn it. The concepts are so different than what we are used to in Networking. It takes personal commitment and training. I think Cisco could make the interface a little more streamlined and easier to use. It takes the time to understand the flow of configuring things in the fabric.
The benefits of Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure include:
* Reducing provisioning time of data center resources from days to minutes
* Improving ability to deliver on service level agreements (SLAs)
* Configuring infrastructure more quickly
* Using an application delivery model that is more in line with today’s workforce
* Reducing errors and overhead