Circa Reviews & Product Details

Circa Overview

What is Circa?

Circa (previously EventGeek) is the first and only event management platform built to help marketing teams succeed in the new world of virtual and hybrid events. No other platform enables enterprises to adapt existing event marketing programs to virtual and hybrid as quickly or effectively. Circa’s cloud-based solution helps enterprises with dozens to thousands of events reset their strategy with event templates and data-driven insights, powered by integrations with Zoom, GoTo, Webex, On24 and leading videoconference, marketing and CRM solutions.

Circa Details
Discussions
Circa Community

Circa is a platform that manage company's events, manage checklists, schedules, budgets and track and improve event ROI.

Circa
2016
San Francisco, CA
@EventGeek
1 Twitter followers

Circa Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Circa community
Have you used Circa before?

Circa Reviews

Showing 21 Circa reviews
Already have Circa?
What do you like best?

I love the ability to make updates in real time, track budgets, share event briefs, integrate with other platforms such as zoom and GoToWebinar. Their customer service is also outstanding, they are very responsive and eager to fix any issue I'm having and have asked me for feedback regularly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Could have better budgeting options, looking forward to some changes coming there. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for a way to track events and other marketing initiatives, Circa is a great option! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Previously, we had an issue with organization and keeping everything in one place. We were tracking things in different documents and it was hard to see real time updates for an event from another team member. This has been solved with Circa. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Enterprise Sales Development Representative
What do you like best?

The ease of use and how clean each page is to read. Circa is an app widely used at Okta. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have yet to come across a factor of Circa that I disliked. So far so good! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With Circa, we are navigating the right tools and resources to increase our chances of generating quality pipeline as well as event marketing and planning. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Technical Service Advisor- Cementing BP Deepwater
What do you like best?

Event planning is usually a task that can unsettle people by taking so much time to organize that everything goes perfect, that nothing fails, that everything goes according to the initial protocol. This software is my ally in tracking, it is incredible to find everything in a single software, it helps me optimize time, it has a mobile App which I take everywhere is great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't find anything negative in Circa. Since I found this software I can say that my days using Excel are over. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a software in which you can perform recording and playback, real-time chat, participant management, among other monitoring functions that will be very useful. I recommend it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Since I found Circa, the conferences between those responsible for each event have been much more fluid and I am pleased to be able to connect during the organization of each event, It is a luxury organizational tool, the check list option is great to keep track of events and especially projects, being able to carry out the organization of project presentations effectively is a challenge for us that it is possible to avoid setbacks, template setup is very easy to handle, thank goodness I met Circa because I said goodbye to the sheets of paper that I ended up losing Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Software Engineer
What do you like best?

Event Geek provides a fairly simple and easy-to-use system that allows us to maintain better control and management of events to be held, it also gives us the option to access from our computer and smartphone, which allows us to access information from different devices. Customer service provided us with constant monitoring when there was a complication with the use of the system. Thanks to Event Geek we can forget about the use of Excel or physical agendas for the organization of our events since it provides us with an excellent environment to maintain order at all times during the planning of our events. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Despite having a fairly simple and friendly design, the only complaint I can have regarding Event Geek is that the menu design is somewhat complicated to understand, so a more traditional or simple design for those cases could be a good option to solve this problem. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

we use to eventgeek mainly as a system for the management and organization of events within our organization, and the results were favorable. Thanks to Event Geek, the work of the staff involved was greatly simplified, since the staff kept in touch at all times thanks to the deployable tools provided by the application, allowing everyone to know what activities they were responsible for to ensure the success of the event. to plan. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

As a marketer, Eventgeek has really helped me streamline my event-planning efforts. Previously it would require managing several different files to keep track of all logistics, staff, budget, etc. This tool allows me to keep a central repository for all important details. Even better, other stakeholders can easily keep track of where we are in a planning process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The layout and design could be more visually appealing. However the functionality is what matters most. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I've been able to share event information real-time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UD
What do you like best?

Circa takes care of everything needed to put up an event as virtual meetings became the standard during pandemic times. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It’s great to focus on content instead of management details but it can also be another tool to worry about. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you really need help for putting up a virtual event than this is for you. But I’d use it for big events only. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Event organization in general.

It’s helpful not having to deal with the trickeries of making an virtual event. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UP
What do you like best?

The team at Circa (fka Eventgeek) were extremely helpful during the onboarding and making sure we were getting the most out of the service. Really appreciated what they would do from a customer service standpoint.

The tool itself is easy to navigate and great for small teams running smaller events. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Before the integrations that they now have, helpful to compare with other project mgmt tools. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Easy, one place for remote teams to stay on top of event planning and execution. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Easy to use and navigate! I've really enjoyed working with my reps. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are so many custom settings - option overload! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have been able to keep all of our tradeshow information in one spot. Also, I like adding the attendees to the list and giving them tasks and reminders. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AP
What do you like best?

Workflow of event support requests, external calendar functionality, ability to tag team in tasks, budget management. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Lack of some integrations, which is now being worked on. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It has offered a way for our team to manage event requests from across the business, as well as build an external calendar. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It's an easy-to-understand tool. Very straight-forward. They're also on top of creating new features to make your event management experience that much easier Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike. If there was ever a problem, Circa support was always helpful in a timely manner Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ask questions - support is always available to answer all questions and concerns. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Pulling reports, tracking tasks and due dates that are visible to our whole events team, and the overall organization of event management. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Industry Relations
What do you like best?

I like that my team can interact all in one place and that our task management is housed on the platform. I also love the calendar views and scheduling views. I love that I can customize my columns and fields on my personal home screen, as I'm the admin and need to be able to see a complete view that is different than the team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to look at every event on my home screen. I would also like to be able to click the back button and go back to my previous screen without having to click back through. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Scheduling has become much easier. I also like that I can now put the own-ness on my team to manage through their tasks without having to remind them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

EI
What do you like best?

It's the perfect system for in person event management. I did an entire evaluation and nothing provided the same level of granular organization and team oriented structure. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I can't comment on dislikes as I have not used it for online management yet. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The ability for centralized event management for your team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

It allows me to keep everything in one place, so I don't have to work off of multiple files and spreadsheets. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Can be overwhelming when you start, but their staff is very helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are willing to take the time to build out the platform, it will completely change the way you manage all of your events for the better. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

EventGeek allows us to track all of our events in once place, we can use it to capture leads at events, track ROI, shipments, travel, and any other aspect related to each event. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AP
What do you like best?

All of your event details at your fingertips! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Takes time to master everything it does. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're looking for a solution to organizing event details and maximizing your event participation, Event Geek is a must have. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We never miss deadlines now. Budget info is easily compiled in one place. Our team can get all the info they need quickly - any time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

The Customer Success Team is so patient, thorough and very timely. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing! I love how intuitive the tool is. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't be afraid to ask the support team for help! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our team is managing more events as our company grow. EG really helps us stay sane and on track with our logistics deliverables. The ROI and budget tracker is very helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

Ease of use with sharing leads with sales reps. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I couldn't find the tool very useful, it seemed like I was doing double the work in some aspects. Additionally. I had a very bad experience with customer service. My account was set to auto-renew which I was unaware of. When I had logged in I was prompted to reach out to a sales rep. IF I wanted to renew, and since I did not want to renew, I didn't reach out to anyone. I was then charged for the year which is over $4k. I reached out immediately to cancel and spoke with several departments only to be told each time that I was set to auto-renew and that was it. The company must not be doing very well to have such horrible customer service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't purchase, its not worth it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

none. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

EventGeek's checklist allows me to see what I have done and what I need to do, keeping me very organized! I also like that it allows my team members to see what we are committed to. We were keeping everything in a spreadsheet but it was just too hard to manage. I also love that my office manager can attach travel confirmations. You literally can view/manage all of the moving parts of an event in one software!

The customer support is amazing too! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It''s definitely a ten for our marketing team. However, I wish it was more sales friendly though but it looks like they are working on updates that will help them, including a mobile app.

Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Train your sales team how to use it. I think it can be overwhelming for them because they see things they don't need to see. Train them on which tabs to go to so they can keep track of the event details instead of having to send questions via email. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I was having a hard time keeping up with what tasks were needed for each event. Some events required purchasing of carpet, electricity, booth furniture while some were simply registering a person. I would reference an exhibitor prospectus multiple times for each event to verify what needed to be done and then double and triple check my emails to ensure I actually completed the task. With so many events, it's hard to keep track of what you did for each event.

The checklist capabilities saves me so much time from having to go through email folders to verify what needed to be done vs. what I had already done. I simply copy/paste tasks in the checklist and I also copy/paste the exhibitor schedule in the "Info" tab so I only have one place to look when I need to verity information. It' makes my life so much easier and saves a tremendous amount of time.

Managing events before EventGeek was like trying to manage your life without a calendar. Everyone who manages multiple events/trade shows should use EventGeek. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The system works! It speaks the event planning language, its effective. It makes me much more efficient in my role, my favorite part about this product is how much less searching I have to do. Before Eventgeek I saved information in three different places and the biggest excel document - it took forever to find what I was looking for, now it takes me less than a minute to find anything I've ever uploaded, made a note about, created a task for. It's been such a time saver and helped me sleep better at night!

Customer service is second to none. This team has a devoted drive to always evolve and dive deeper into the industry making this product stronger, more productive every day. I'm excited to see how they keep growing and keep solving event planners most consistent headache. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Because of how dynamic the platform is, and how detailed our business is, it will take some time to set up the templates to speak your language. But after you've taken the time to integrate - you will only have smooth sailing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're looking for a backend tracking for all things events logistics, this is your one stop shop. I don't think words can explain the value, it's worth a demo, it's changed how I organize my life and made me a better planner. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

There's a consistent disappointment in the event planning business with software that truly speaks to the odd details we keep when it comes to back end logistics, sharing information across the team, budgeting, and communication with vendors, stakeholders and partners, just to name a few. Eventgeek really does check the box on a lot of these issues, and I think as they continue to grow, they will continue to be the answer that we're all looking for. The benefits of having this product are astronomical. What typically takes 130+ sheets in excel with hours of scrolling, is now organized in a compact, easy to search and decipher way. The ability to find organization in this world of event based chaos with the perfect balance of basic and detailed information, is a dynamic platform that is currently unparalleled in this industry. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Assistant Office Manager
Medical Devices
What do you like best?

Everything's in one place - and our entire team can access it from anywhere! Budget Tracking A+ Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Maybe a small thing, like customizing views / arranging columns - but nothing major I can think of at the moment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it - if you plan multiple events and care about tracking your spending - you won't be disappointed! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Budget tracking is HUGE for us - we have really been able to see cost patterns and prepare for next year. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Office Administrator
What do you like best?

Being able to keep all team members on the same page about our events in real time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing comes to mind, to be honest it's very smooth and they seem to have anticipated features that I'd think of. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Confusion and reduced emails about events, tracking budgets in one place, creating easy to replicate event templates for streamlined planning. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

Before event geek, we were tracking different parts of our events in multiple different places (confluence, google docs, One drive, desktop, etc). It's excellent having one place where our team can store all the event details including ROI, budget, important documents and travel logistics. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Can't wait for them to get international currency functionality in their budget tracking. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Managing multiple event teams and their events. Having all of our events in one place has helped us have a fuller picture on budget, team bandwidth and is great for historical record keeping. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.