CardConnect Reviews & Product Details

CardConnect Overview

What is CardConnect?

CardConnect is a leading provider of payment processing and technology solutions, helping more than 67,000 organizations – from independent coffee shops to iconic global brands – accept billions of dollars in card transactions each year. Since its inception in 2006, CardConnect has developed advanced payment solutions backed by patented, PCI-certified point-to-point encryption (P2PE) and tokenization. The company’s small-to-midsize business offering, CardPointe, is a comprehensive platform that includes a powerful reporting and transaction management portal which extends to a native mobile app. For enterprise-level organizations, CardSecure integrates omnichannel payment acceptance into several ERP systems – such as Oracle, SAP, JD Edwards and Infor M3 – in a way that minimizes PCI compliance requirements and lowers transaction costs.

CardConnect Details

CardConnect is a service provider of electronic transaction processing services.

CardConnect, a First Data Company
2006
King of Prussia, PA
@CardConnect

CardConnect Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the CardConnect community
Have you used CardConnect before?

CardConnect Reviews

Showing 17 CardConnect reviews
Already have CardConnect?
What do you like best?

We switched from our previous card processor to CardConnect after doing a cost analysis and using CardFellow to compare processors. The rates were as promised which was much better than our previous company. Also the portal is extremely user friendly and much more helpful than the two other portals I have used with previous processors. It's very simple to run transactions, get reports, manage users, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We've had some issues with their CardPointe gateway on our website where the connection times out before the card is processed. At this point we still haven't been able to determine if it's the CardConnect service causing the problem or something else. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We were looking for better rates, which we got. We were actively looking for a better portal experience but we definitely got that as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Their promises great seamless great service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Before we agreed to change over from Heartland, Mitch Reisberg took our banking information so we could be approved. Card Connect immediately started placing charges on our bank account. We called Mitch and he reversed those charges each time with the promise no other charges would follow; however they continued to charge us until we had an electronic stop payment placed on our account. They have never paid back the last two charges but at least we don’t have to worry about anymore charges after our “stop payment” went into effect.

Buyer beware! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Beware!!! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I’ve given up asking for our May and June refund. I want others to beware of Card Connects crooked tactics. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

I like that you can customize customer fields in the virtual terminal. You can add in a customer ID/code or a random field that identifies with a customer that will save to their profile. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that I can't connect to my quickbooks in the way I would like. It can connect through a third party add on but you can't record a payment that covers multiple invoices. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We solved a problem as to why big transactions weren't going though. It had to do with our compliance status that was set up wrong from the beginning. All is working now. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

the ease of use - very fast processing cards, and also for refunds and looking for other payments from the same customer Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

that I don't have administrative rights within the program (my co-worker does) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

our company's tech support guy at CardConnect is awesome! He is attentive and gets answers quickly when we have them!!!! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

we can use it on the go with a mobile swiper, so easy to use and process Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Office Manager
What do you like best?

The ease of the dashboard is definitely a nice plus. Being able to submit support tickets from the dashboard/copilot is pretty useful as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The customer service is awful. I've been passed around from person to person multiple times when trying to get support. You should never be passed along to three-four different people throughout a support call. IT's unprofessional! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try to stay away -- this is a rough company to do work with on a regular basis. I try to get my issues taken care of at least once a week, but it is just awful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Credit card processing services -- takes the time out of reporting (when it works correctly.) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Account Executive
What do you like best?

I enjoy the flexibility and support received from them, able to do so much with gateway for a nominal fee Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There’s no convenience fee feature yet supported that I’ve found Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I’d recommend going through a channel like ClearPay Financial MidSouth to get setup Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Have used hosted payment page and integrated solutions for clients, also rental program helped with not having to have a client continuously buy equipment Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UT
What do you like best?

My company only used CardConnect for a short period of time to try and find a way of taking credit card payments easier. I like CardConnect because it is easier to process credit card payments, as most individuals use their credit card as the preferred method of payment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

If I had to find something bad about CardConnect I'd have to say there was one situation in which the app froze, and getting in touch with customer support was a little difficult to accomplish. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

When my business used CardConnect things ran much smoother from job to job. We were able to finish a job much quicker and move onto the next one. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

We switched to use them because they are cheaper than our previous payment processor. API documentation is good. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

When I reach out with questions, answers aren't detailed. If I asked multiple questions in one email, I usually just get a response to one or two of my questions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It provides the payment processor we need to accept online credit card payments. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CC
What do you like best?

It has simple and easy to understand features. Pricing is easy to calculate Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Swiper can die if not charged and no tracking of inventory. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

When clients can’t process due to internet or computer issues they can use the app. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UA
What do you like best?

They tried a bait and switch and say they can't honor the original proposal I received before it was cardconnect, and can you accept the much worst one. I would avoid this company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

BS fees and fees for not knowing about those fees. Total scam. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

None--ive since switched to other companies. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Love how easy it is to use and how I can log all my data in the app Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I can’t say that there is much I dislike about the app Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The fact that I can connect my accounts and transfer funds, make payments quick and easy Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

There was no benefit to this company. I had no choice they bought my contract. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I am so upset with this company. Never have I been so deceived by a so called legitimate business. I have been in business for 20 years and I have had other merchant vendors and have never had an issue in the past. ON December 15th, 2017 I received a letter that my contract was bought by Cardconnect and I would be charged a fee of $199 if I continued service past 12/31/2017. Ridiculous to receive 15 days notice of erroneous fees for a contract they decided to purchase. I then looked elsewhere and found a merchant who was nearly $90 less per month and decided to cancel. I sent in my cancellation letter so avoid my $199 fee. I have no contract and my documents do NOT state a cancellation fee and I am charged almost $500 to my checking account as a deposit that was debited out of my account and rantings from my sales person that I was charged fees for cancelling. How is it possible that I am to be charged $199 if I continue with the buy out and then I cancel as indicated as choice and I am charged nearly $500 for cancelling. I own all my equipment outright I have no contract and I never committed to this company. This is outrageous. I don’t care how nice any review is on this page read all the BAD ONES and be mindful of how they will charge you and STEAL YOUR Hard earned money. This company is crooked all the way. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

RUN Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

None Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Billing Manager
What do you like best?

Our set up was very easy. This website allows us to set up customer profiles to run one time payments, recurring payments, or online bill pay payments and is secure. The customer set up takes only moments and is customizable to our needs and simple to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Company is in a different coast then us so our batches close out and hit the bank in a way that we don't love. The website takes some time to get used to. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

A secure place for our company to store patients credit card information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

The CardConnect website is simple enough to navigate. Transactions can be done online, using a terminal or a swiper on the computer. The fees associated with CardConnect are at a lower rate than our bank was offering. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The company is on the East Coast so transactions are cut off before the end of our business day. The reports aren't the best. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to use CardConnects hosted payment page for our patients to pay their bills online. Now our online bill pay and in office credit card transactions are handled all by the same company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AL
What do you like best?

I like the fact that we have a lower fee than stripe and that it's broken out by credit card type rather than just charged a flat fee for all cards. The end of month reports are so in depth and can tell you a lot about your customers based on their CCs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Their documentation is the worst. We made a very large error where we charged a user an erroneous amount because the API treats decimal and non decimal values as dollars vs. pennies. You would think something that important would be mentioned in the documentation, but it's not. Also their error codes are terrible. Also you need to have zip codes for AMEX cards or they may be declined for no reason. Wish there was better support and explanation for these things. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be prepared to put on your detective hat if you need to find a charge Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Credit card fees are just a part of running a business, but if you're doing volume you should take advantage of lowering those. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AL
What do you like best?

CardConnect's API was fairly straightforward and simple to setup. Communication with their engineering reps is quick and painless. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Their documentation is lacking. For instance, if you send their payment API an amount with a decimal, it treats it as a dollar amount and if you omit the decimal it uses cents. This resulted in a floating error accidentally charging 100x the intended amount. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be careful with amounts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We needed a card processor that was cheaper than Stripe's 3.5%. Our negotiated rate with CardConnect is significantly cheaper and has saved us thousands within a few months. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Developer
Food Production
What do you like best?

We switched to this product from a competitor mainly to handle our B2B portion of the business and expand the B2C options. Overall it's working well for both sides. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Dislike is a strong term. There are things that can indeed be improved upon.

Transitioning over from a fully working processor with options to card connect with less options took more time than expected. Not having a simplified .Net API and requiring the user to really roll their own. We need to make like 7 total call types...

The usability of the web site in terms of reconciliation users/general users is lacking in a few areas, namely search functionality and information on the particular transaction. Most information is there if we hunt around for it, but we shouldn't have to. There is a lot of general bells and whistles when it comes to display (like making it very bootstrapish). Honestly a simple grid would make it easier to read, and scrolling down on ever page to get to the information when there is technically real estate available is one complaint I've heard from our users on this end.

An option to auto decline based upon AVS/CCV would also be great. I know we had this with the last processor but now this seems to be an "added value option" or not an option as well (unless we tie into a 3rd party which is the same thing as an "added value option"). You guys are our brokers into the credit world and to not include tools which would help mitigate fraud is just ridiculous. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The overall business goal was storing credit information in a PCI complain way without needing to implement compliance on our side. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.