BrightLocal Reviews & Product Details

BrightLocal Overview

What is BrightLocal?

BrightLocal's mission is to make local marketing simple. Designed for marketing agencies and SMBs, our powerful multipurpose software automates reputation management to source and monitor reviews, provides a detailed analysis of local search rankings, and allows you to manage business listings — all from one dashboard. A separate offering from our tool, Citation Builder creates and fixes business listings (aka citations) on over 1,400 sites. Starting at just $2 a listing and $60 for all aggregators, building an online presence has never been simpler. Among all that, agencies will benefit from lead gen tools and whitelabel reporting.

BrightLocal Details

Powerful local SEO tools for Agencies & Consultants.

BrightLocal

BrightLocal Reviews

Showing 108 BrightLocal reviews
Already have BrightLocal?
Company Owner
Response from Myles Anderson of BrightLocal

Hi Hillary

Thank you very much for taking the time to record a video review for us!

It's great to hear what you enjoy about using BrightLocal for your citation work and how we've helped you to carry out these tasks efficiently.

A member of our Customer Success team is going to reach out shortly to see if there is any help that we can offer or if you have any suggestions for improvements.

It's great to have you onboard, Hillary.

Digital Marketing/SEO Specialist & Website Design
What do you like best?

I've always appreciated and used the citation builder service and reports, but recently I have added their new Reputation Management feature to my favorites. This is one of the best tools out there to get more reviews for your clients and monitor and manage them as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

If I had to include one complaint, and apparently I do for this review to go through, I would say that sometimes it seems like it takes a long time for reports to populate. Even with this though I have seen speed improvements over the last few months. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend BrightLocal to SEO consultants for their Local SEO campaigns. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Managing Local SEO for our clients and being able to share real improvements and results. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Myles Anderson of BrightLocal

Thank you very much for reviewing us, David

It's great to hear that you enjoy using our Citation Building and Reputation Management services, and that you've noticed the speed improvements that we've been working hard on.

Social Media Director
What do you like best?

Brightlocal has been super easy to use and I've been able to easily and cost effectively build citations for my website and elevate my SEO ranking. I've never found any other platform like this and it was referred to me by a friend. I've also had to speak with customer service in the past and they are super responsive, friendly and helpful. I would 110% recommend Brightlocal to anyone who wants to elevate their SEO ranking and manage reviews. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There's not really anything I dislike, the platform has been great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It helped me build citations to my website and in turn it has helped my get my website ranking much higher on google. It also manages my reviews for me so I can monitor our reputation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Myles Anderson of BrightLocal

Hi Jordan

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review for us. I'm very happy to hear that you've had a great experience so far, both with our services and our customer support. Don't hesitate to get in touch any time that you need help.

Owner, Head Photographer
What do you like best?

There are a lot of powerful SEO monitoring tools out there, but very few are tailored towards monitoring SEO for local businesses. I've used SEMRush and Moz before, but the data/dashboards are oftentimes irrelevant for my photography portrait studio.

BrightLocal does an awesome job of 1) Giving you LOCAL data on keyword rankings and traffic (vs national data) and 2) Tracking all of your citations for your business.

I also have a ton of respect for their features that allow you to "see a screenshot" of your citation/keyword rankings - so that I can verify their accuracy. I sleep a lot easier at night if I can manually spot check the rankings. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the Citation Tracker tool incorrectly flags a business directory listing as incorrect or as a duplicate. It's no big deal though. They give you a link to "check on the status" in the tool, so literally takes 5 seconds to verify. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Tracking my local keyword rankings and citations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Myles Anderson of BrightLocal

Hi Dan

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. We really appreciate your comments and feedback, and I'm very pleased to hear that our platform works so well for you.

Myles - BrightLocal CEO

What do you like best?

Love the ability to fix citations once instead of having to pay a monthly subscription fee. All SEO and local SEO tools are excellent and very useful. I also appreciate the role Brightlocal plays in the SEO community from an educational point of view. I have learned so much from their webinars and blogs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike about Brightlocal, it is an excellent service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use Brightlocal to fix NAPs, monitor GMB and fix other local SEO issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Myles Anderson of BrightLocal

Thank you for your great feedback, Chris

I'm very happy to hear that you've been enjoying our educational content and that we've helped you to learn about local SEO, and that you find our tools to be useful.

Thanks for taking the time to review us.

Digital & Marketing Lead
What do you like best?

The local SEO dashboard is great at visually displaying the data you need and identifying where things need to be fixed or adjusted. The client facing dashboard that can be white labeled is the cleanest one I've seen. So many of them look gimmicky and in turn I feel less confident sending them to a customer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Please note, the local citation tracker is one of the better tools I've used, but it still like so many others will not pick-up citations you already have. I don't understand if this is an error on their end, or the site the listing is on. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

An all-in-one Local SEO dashboard for my clients. This makes it so I don't have to manually send them updates, they can check it at any time to see what's going on. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Myles Anderson of BrightLocal

Hi Alex

Thank you for taking the time to review us, we really appreciate it.

I'm really happy to hear that you enjoy using BrightLocal and feel confident in sending our reports to your customers.

Regarding Citation Tracker, it's good to hear that BrightLocal is one of the better tools that you've used for this. I'm sorry however to hear that we might have missed some of your existing citations.

We put a huge amount of effort and resources into finding business listings, however in spite of this there are a few reasons why there may be errors; we grab data from over 400 sites and many of these sites don’t have APIs so we have to scrape the data. Each site has a different structure and many are not well structured which makes finding listings tricky.

I won’t go into the detail but finding listings isn’t an exact science and while we invest a lot on it, it’s unlikely to ever be perfect. Because we know that listing data isn’t an exact science, we give our customers controls so they can review, approve or change the listings before we include them in their reports.

We’ll continue to spend lots of time & effort on improving and expanding the data that we collect. It's always helpful to us if we have new examples of listings that might have been missed so you're always welcome to send these through to us at support@brightlocal.com and the team will be happy to help.

Founder, CEO
Internet
What do you like best?

Excellent online service to build legitimate back-links. Great support for submissions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

A few of the directories toward the end of the list are marginal. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just do it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Citation Builder is great for search engine ranking & traffic building. We use it for clients and ourselves. The BrighLocal services provide additional competitive edges for our clients and ourselves. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Myles Anderson of BrightLocal

Hi Keith

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us and for your great comments

Owner/Marketing
What do you like best?

I like that BrightLocal offers my clients a flexible way of managing and monitoring their citations and directory listings in one single location, and ensuring all of their information is consistent and accurate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The UI and menus are a bit busy and a little unintuitive sometimes. But too bad. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

My agency can handle managing and monitoring client citations and directory listings in one single location, and ensure all of their information is consistent and accurate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Myles Anderson of BrightLocal

Hi Thomas

Thank you very much for reviewing us, we always really appreciate hearing your feedback.

I'm very happy to hear that our tools help you and your agency to manage your clients' citations.

And thank you for your thoughts on our UI and menus; we continuously take feedback on board and have some great updates coming soon.

AC
What do you like best?

Really easy user interface with tons of great insights Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The initial Pro fee is really reasonable and includes a lot. They also have a ton of add ons which I haven't needed yet, but are a little less clear to understand. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You don't have to buy the plan/package to use the Citation Builder. We did because of the other useful info and reports it provides. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Using primarily as a Citation manager at the moment, running Builder campaigns. But plan to expand into other tools and services eventually. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Myles Anderson of BrightLocal

Thank you for reviewing us and for leaving your feedback, we always appreciate hearing from our customers.

I'm very happy to see that you're recommending us and that you find our tools useful.

Don't hesitate to contact the team if you need support at any time.

UB
What do you like best?

With BrightLocal, you'll easily track your rankings, perform SEO audits and get necessary insights you need to improve your local rankings. With its reputation manager capability, you can easily respond to reviews and manage your reputation better. Its citation builder also lets you increase your online visibility so you can get found online. If you want to improve your SEO performance and get more visitors to the door, you should try BrightLocal. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

No dislikes at all, this is a nice SEO solution for us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

With BrightLocal, you'll easily track your rankings, perform SEO audits and get necessary insights you need to improve your local rankings. With its reputation manager capability, you can easily respond to reviews and manage your reputation better. Its citation builder also lets you increase your online visibility so you can get found online. I Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Myles Anderson of BrightLocal

Hi there

Thank you so much for your fantastic review! It's great to have you on board.

Director & Senior SEO Specialist
What do you like best?

Contact Support Submit the Query Get Results and the tool provides so much useful information that is easily conveyed to our clients to help them understand what we are actually doing to improve their online footprint. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

What is there to dislike? Nothing when you consider their support team is on the ball should we get stuck with anything. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a great SEO Tool for me being able to support a wide range of micro and small businesses who otherwise wouldn't really know what efforts we are trying to make on their behalf to help them grow online. Being able to share visual data that can show these small businesses month on month how their overall strategy is impacting on their online footprint lets them see how hard at work we are on their behalf. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Small businesses don't have time to know where they are at with their website marketing strategy, especially when considering Local SEO. Having this powerful tool to support those businesses and what it produces, allows us analysts to clearly display to clients the results being achieved so they can get on with doing what they set out to do - their business - and make money. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Myles Anderson of BrightLocal

Thank you very much for the wonderful review, Brian!

It's great to hear that you're seeing value from the tools and that you have been supported so well by the Customer Success team.

Myles - CEO of BrightLocal

SEO Strategist
What do you like best?

The citation tracker tool is pretty much the best option for those trying to monitor citations in the UK. Most other tools and software mostly use US based priorities, which is annoying. Using Brightlocal citation tracker for citations has made it much quicker for monitoring current citations to update and submitting new ones (manually or via the citation burst feature). Given that this is only one feature from Brightlocal, this in itself is the main reason I keep returning to use it because it's so helpful and efficient. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The tool often doesn't pickup the exact citation results you're looking for, so does require you to manually look through the results and fine tune them a bit. However, this is a small price to pay considering it's still much quicker than manually doing the task. Also, the results have UK based results but this could still be much better, often I find that new directories that are added are quite small. Or, I've noticed when I do a citation burst, some of the main directories fail and instead I get a listing for a much lesser directory which is sometimes annoying, though you do get the option to state which directories you want as a backup in this event thankfully. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Calculate the cost of doing these tasks manually to see if it's cost effective to use this tool, then you'll know exactly how valuable the tool can be and the minimum number of tasks/projects needed on a monthly basis to justify the cost. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Previously finding citations would have been a hard and repetitive task involving spreadsheets and manually checking and updating listings. With brightlocal citation tracker, I can enter the clients details and have it scan the web for all available info which I need to update or add information to. It saves valuable hours for me and efficiently uses time paid for by a client, a win for both sides. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IH
What do you like best?

Everything has been positive from everyone I've dealt with. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

So far, nothing to dislike… and I doubt this will change Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

BrightLocal in my estimation, leads the bunch in Local SEO Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

BrightLocal will save me time in getting local SEO tweaked. My time will be freed to work on other aspects of SEO. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Myles Anderson of BrightLocal

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave this wonderful review for us, we always appreciate hearing from our customers.

Personal Trainer
What do you like best?

I took weeks researching the best system to improve and monitor my SEO. BrightLocal is by far the best choice because you can cancel at any time workout losing your listings while their competitors force you into lengthy and expensive contracts without the tools to monitor your website for improvement. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing! I can't think of one thing they need Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just do it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Their SEO tools have helped me generate consistent leads from Google searches that I never got before. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Myles Anderson of BrightLocal

Hi Charlie

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us.

I'm thrilled to hear that we've helped you to consistently generate leads for your business. We really appreciate your recommendation.

Founder
Insurance
What do you like best?

BrightLocal has developed the best tools for developing, optimizing, and maintaining a local online marketing infrastructure. Over the last five years or so, Myles Anderson and his team have continuously improved their tools and services to become one of the best All-in-One or One-Stop-Comprehensive local online marketing resources available today--and for a GREAT VALUE.

All applications are best-in-class, easy to setup and to use. The comprehensive reports which may be white labeled, are full of useful data, continuously update, and are available as an external link, which makes them easily accessible to clients and team members.

BrightLocal also provides excellent, responsive support. Individuals, companies and marketing agencies can depend on BrightLocal as a long term, solid marketing partner well into the future. A partner, based on historical precedence, will continue to evolve and to develop world class marketing products and services. BrightLocal receives my highest recommendation without any reservations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do not have any reason to dislike anything about BrightLocal. They are AWESOME! The support is very responsive and they are always willing to help. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We have used BrightLocal for the last 8 years or so to improve our online marketing. All of their services are easy to use and provide the best results in the industry. All on one platform. We regularly check our Keyword rankings with the Rank Checker. The Reputation Manager provides an efficient interface and process to monitor and respond to reviews. We expand our online accounts with the Citation Builder and manage our online accounts with the Citation Tracker. The comprehensive reports from each are available as a continuously updated external link. We put these report links onto a our website report page--easily accessible and continuously updated.

The individual applications with continuously updated reports save much time and is easy for clients to access. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Myles Anderson of BrightLocal

Hi Roger

Wow, thank you so much for your review. It's fantastic to hear that you've had such a good experience with our tools and our support.

I hope that we'll continue to have you on board for many years to come.

Myles - CEO

What do you like best?

Citation Builder & Tracking. Keyword tracking is also helpful although a little clunky on the navigation. They also have tremendous customer support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The navigation takes some time to get used to but, once you have it, you'll love it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Just tracking local SEO keywords rankings! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Myles Anderson of BrightLocal

Hi Brent

Thank you very much for taking the time to review and recommend us.

We've taken customer feedback about the design of our Rank Checker tool (which provides keyword tracking) on board and we'll be updating the designs soon, so I hope this will improve your experience.

Our Customer Success team are on hand if you should ever need help with anything, for example if we release a new tool they'll be happy to screenshare with you and dempnstrate how everything works on a call - and this is also an option for anybody who is new to BrightLocal. It's great to hear that they've supported you well so far.

Myles - BrightLocal CEO

What do you like best?

Oliver attention to details and his extreme care for customer satisfaction made my days!!!! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to say bad here, Simply Nothing! Oliver Rocks! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Any other agency. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

SEO for my Local Dental Clinic needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Myles Anderson of BrightLocal

Hi Richard

Wow, thank you very much for the great review!

I'm really pleased that Oliver has been of such great help to you so far, and we'll be sure to pass this on to him.

CM
What do you like best?

Having everything you need to manage your local SEO in one place. The BrightLocal Dashboard is phenomenal. Local Search Audit, Rank Checker, Citation Tracker & Builder, Reputation Builder and Google My Dashboard are all essential tools. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The Rank Checker could incorporate a more friendly tool to easily inspect the website for keywords and keywords suggestions. I now use other tools for this and then manually plug them into rank checker. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Almost everything I do related to Local SEO has become much more easy and less cumbersome. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Myles Anderson of BrightLocal

Hi there

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us, we appreciate it.

I'm really happy to hear that BrightLocal has made your local SEO work easier and that you enjoy using our tools.

Thank you for your suggestion to include a keyword research tool - we'll certainly take this on board.

Account Manager
What do you like best?

The ability to link Google Analytics and Google My Business Insights to a client-facing dashboard that includes ranking reports, etc. It's really easy to white-label and deliver monthly reports. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have had some problems with Rank Checker reporting continuity. Sometimes the software has limitations, but BrightLocal is great about adding and improving services. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

BrightLocal has come a long way towards being a one-stop-shop for all your Local SEO needs. They can probably fill the role of several vendors for your company if you want to consolidate your reporting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our needs are pretty basic. We just have to deliver something to our clients each month to demonstrate progress and we need to maintain historic records of their rankings. We don't use every BrightLocal feature as we employ other vendors for these purposes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Myles Anderson of BrightLocal

Hi Tim

Thank you for your review!

I'm sorry to hear that you have had problems with Rank Checker reporting continuity. We'd love to look into this further for you so a member of the Customer Success team has reached out to you by email.

Thanks Tim

Myles - BrightLocal CEO

What do you like best?

When I have a question, I get an in-depth honest answer, sometimes by video if it pertains to something technical. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any complaints about BrightLocal. Of course, there is always room for improvement. Thankfully, BrightLocal is constantly improving their product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Talk to their team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Helping local business owners implement a working long-term strategy for generating reviews. Helping to prove the value of our digital marketing services to clients through awesome reporting. Improving local search rankings for local business owners through local listing management. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Myles Anderson of BrightLocal

Hi Bob

Thank you for taking the time to write this great review for us, we really appreciate it.

It's a pleasure working with you!

Managing Director
What do you like best?

I really love the citation burst / citation alignment software, as building citations and properly maintaining a healthy citation profile can be tricky, especially with older companies with a history of address or name changes. So the ease of use and the functionality of the citation search/maintenance software is really handy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sales process can be quite pushy at times, I’ve found it’s easier to implement the campaign yourself through the software rather than be guided by a sales team/account manager. This aspect took a lot longer than I had anticipated. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Implement citation campaigns yourself as the process of dealing with the team on the phone (although helpful and friendly) can be quite slow and laborious. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Improving your citation/directory profile is essential and BrightLocal allows you to easily manage all of this in one interface on a pay as you go basis which is really beneficial for a small business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Myles Anderson of BrightLocal

Hi Ryan

Thank you for taking the time to review us, and for recommending our Citation Builder service.

We'd like to find out more about your experience with the sales team as it's certainly never our intention to come across as pushy, so I apologize if you've had this experience. I'm glad to hear that you did find the team to be helpful and friendly.

Our Head of Business Development, Mathew, has reached out to you by email to find out more about this, and we'd welcome any further feedback that you're happy to provide.

Thanks Ryan

Myles - CEO of BrightLocal

What do you like best?

I had a couple of questions, and the Bright Local team responded promptly and thoroughly answered my questions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have nothing to complain about like i said above the answered my questions Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Well, I had a question about pricing, and I have an interest in getting my business listed on their city directory page. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Myles Anderson of BrightLocal

Hi Mike

I'm really happy to hear that the team were able to help you and answer your questions.

Thanks for taking the time to review us.

AC
What do you like best?

Ease of use. Everything is completed without worry. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

More clarification needed on graphs. A chat feature would be helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Bright Local is the unique plat form that all small business should seek out to achieve a firm grasp of their local and regional online foundation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Having to physically contact all of the platforms. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Myles Anderson of BrightLocal

Thank you very much for reviewing us, we always appreciate having customer feedback.

I'm very happy to hear that you've found BrightLocal to be easy to use and that you are recommending us.

You are more than welcome to book in a call with our Customer Success team if you would like any help with interpreting our reports, or if you have any other questions. You can book here: https://www.brightlocal.com/about-us/#call

We also do offer live chat so you can start a chat with one of our agents through the Support widget which you'll see at the bottom right of the screen. The team will be happy to help you at any time.

UA
What do you like best?

Helpful staff and powerful tools that are fairly intuitive to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The various reports and tools could be joined up a bit more. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Improving local rankings Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Myles Anderson of BrightLocal

Thank you very much for reviewing us!

I'm very happy to hear that the team has been helpful, and thank you for your feedback

Myles - BrightLocal CEO

What do you like best?

Mike gave me all the answers i needed , no sales pitch, no BS, just perfect customer service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The other services not purchased through bright local. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I just saved about $2000 a year by having some simple questions answered. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Myles Anderson of BrightLocal

Hi Greg

Thank you for the great review, I'm very happy to hear that Mike has done such a great job in helping you. I've passed along your comments to him.

Don't hesitate to get back in touch with the team if you need any further help at all.