BackupAssist Reviews & Product Details

What is BackupAssist?

BackupAssist makes backups and data protection simple and fast by performing automatic, scheduled backups of Microsoft Windows Servers.

BackupAssist Screenshots

BackupAssist Reviews

1-18 of 18 total BackupAssist reviews
Software Associate
Telecommunications

"Easy and Secure Backup Platform"

What do you like best?

Easy to setup and use.

I like how it integrates with other applications like AWS.

You can create a backup for your SQL databases from local server and have it stored on their Cloud platform.

Fast synchronization speeds and highly secured platform.

What do you dislike?

To use certain feature like cloud storage and server backup additional license is required and its quite expensive.

This platform really saves on time to backup files and its easy to use, essential for any business and has recovery options as well as remote access which I believe its quite helpful, I would recommend its implementation any day.

Customer Service Representative (CSR)
Telecommunications

"BackupAssist software"

What do you like best?

It is compatible with all Windows operation system. It can back up almost all the media storage files. t is one of the easiest software i found for my work.

What do you dislike?

They do not offer much feature.Maintenance of the software can remove many bugs from it which is very necessary.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommended thi software to most of the people who are running their business or working in a good organization.

With the help of this software i am able recover my deleted data which happens by mistake. I can recover my emails and other important files.

Coordinador de operaciones

"Security your information"

What do you like best?

I like that you have a complete backup of all the data that you can recover quickly and easily. You also have a backup copy of all the files and folders in a backup unit.

What do you dislike?

More storage space is needed than in the other types of backup. Additional bandwidth is also required.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend it is very good.

There are backup strategies in wich a complete backup is made with certain regularity (weekly, biweekly, monthly) and this program gives you the option to say which one you prefer or which one suits your needs.

"How this product helped me grow."

What do you like best?

It's predictable backup it is secure and all the backups i do aren't compromised by attacks or anything . It's priced moderately and whenever i need to any kind of support it's always available .

I'll highly recommend this product to growing businesses.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that i dislike is it's only available for windows servers .While most of the servers by small businesses use linux platforms as they are open source . So this is the only thing i dislike about it .

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a great product . Go for it !

Well i am currently using it to backup my data efficiently and securely. . Using this product i don't have to worry about losing my important data .

"Great for small businesses"

What do you like best?

The single screen control is very user friendly. It's convenient that you can choose to back up your data to both onsite and offsite. The free trial was a great way to figure out if this tool would work for us.

What do you dislike?

We haven't really had any problems, so for now, no complaints.

Luckily, we haven't had to use the disaster recovery feature yet, but that's the main reason we started using this product. We feel much more confident now knowing that 100% of our data is backed up. Also, as a small business, we're probably not going to be a target for ransomware, but it's great to know that BackupAssist can both detect and protect against it.

IT Specialist

"Great Backup software, modular costing too."

What do you like best?

Setting up backups are no hassle, restoring is equally simple.

What do you dislike?

When I first began buying and using BA I found the backup types a little confusing but having read the site guides, its much easier to understand now.

Large Backups were taking too long, using system protection with incremental backups to NAS and data containers I can restore to dates while only using minimal extra backup data to achieve this.

ITSM Specialist

"Nice solution for a good price"

What do you like best?

The price. Your money really worth it, even the scope of this solution is limited

What do you dislike?

Lacks of more feature of backup. You can only works with HyperV enviroments, would be nice to include Vmware

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If your enviroment is not too big, and your virtual servers are in Hyper-V, BackupAssist is the correct choice for you no hesitation

Basically BackupAssist helped me to make trustable backups of my SQL Servers

Senior security specialist

"good backup system for virtual machines."

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use of this product. It 's easy to schedule backups of virtual machines on different systems. like vmware and hyper-v.

The restore solution for Exchange servers is excellent. It 'easy to perform a granular restore of an Exchange server.

What do you dislike?

The exchange server management is delicate, it happens to have incompatibilities or incomplete backup. Most often this is independent of the backup software, but is given by exchenge. make good maintenance on the exchange database and apply system updates can solve.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

backup assist è una soluzione all in one per gestire i backup. è un marchio che da tanto tempo è sul mercato. è un punto di riferimento per questo genere di prodotti. backupassist è fondamentale che tutti le società che gestiscono una grande quantità di dati.

I used very often the program to manage the backups of virtual machines. But the feature I use the most is that of exchange, I am often contacted by clients to recover deleted mail by mistake. with a good backup management you can increase data security.

"BackupAssist for offline backup"

What do you like best?

Once configured correctly, the backup jobs run well

What do you dislike?

The user interface is a little tricky to understand when it comes to initially setting up rotation schedules when you only have one daily and one weekly disk.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This product is one of the best I've worked with for offline backup

Regular offline backups that can be rotated are completed with no manual intervention.

Restoring data is also a quick and easy process.

UA

"Solid Backup software"

What do you like best?

Backup assist is easy to set up, easy to use, easy to find files

What do you dislike?

It took me a little while to get used to the reports and interface, but now that i've used it i like it.

We needed backup software with drives to secondary backup our data. Our IT outsourced guy did not want to leave it all in cloud .

Teacher

"Excellent for hardware. backup!"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is for me to backup my hardware on my computer.

What do you dislike?

I do not dislike anything about this product.

It makes backing up my network hardware easier than ever. Very trustworthy knowing that all of my files are safely backed up.

UE

"Sendible"

What do you like best?

Easy scheduling for social media post to different platforms. Easy view of scheduled post and easy organization of drafts.

What do you dislike?

Occasion technical errors and unable to create format desired for social media post. For example, breaking of paragraph in Facebook post.

Best time to schedule post to reach optimum audience. Realize popular content vs unpopular content.

"Backs up everything! "

What do you like best?

I like that it’s realky easy to use. It’s user interface is well crafted and you can choose what to backup and when.

What do you dislike?

I’ve used a lot of different backup prograbd and there’s not much I don’t like. There are ones I Might like the UI better but in general it serves the purpose.

Ensuring that our data is secure and easy to access at a time I specifically need it.

"Saved my life"

What do you like best?

Updated contacts list daily, kept all my contacts through every phone I’ve owned

What do you dislike?

Sometimes does not update name of contact

No longer losing contacts even if phone breaks

"It's good"

What do you like best?

BackupAssist is scalable and easy to use, so it's ideal for small businesses. It provides many of the same great features and options needed by large corporations, but it's packaged for smaller operations.

What do you dislike?

Lacks an instant recovery feature, unfortunately

Backup easily, intuitive and affordable

(5001-10,000 employees)

"Saved me from loosing important data"

What do you like best?

I like how quickly it backs up the files with no issue

What do you dislike?

Its nothing i really disliked about the product. No complaints

I use it for my tax info every year after i file.

"Backup assist "

What do you like best?

I like that Backup Assist lets you pay only for what you actually use

What do you dislike?

The prices for the product seem a bit high

Backing up all my data and fast recovery

UF

"BackupAssist unbiased review"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, very affordable, can backup to any storage solution

What do you dislike?

The biggest downside is no instant recovery feature (recovery in place).

Allows users to restore files

BackupAssist Features

8.3
Ease of Setup
Average: 8.4*
* Server Backup Category
Do you work for BackupAssist?

BackupAssist Comparisons