What do you like best?
1) AppNeta provides easy to start workflows. These are useful to get started and understand integrating of monitoring platform with web application.
2) In particular, TraceView helps to quickly identify trends in the performance. It helps to track, isolate or fix the outliers affecting application performance. The ability to monitor the application at all levels in the application stack is amazing.
3) Dashboard UI is quite easy to understand and provides a wide range of statistics about application under review.
What do you dislike?
1) It is a very difficult to understand product.
2) Documentation could be better. Some of the features require detailed steps for set up.
3) As the number of features supported is large, the learning curve can be steep.
Recommendations to others considering the product
Definitely use the trial to evaluate whether it adds value for you, but it would be surprising if you could find a tool that does everything that AppNeta does.
What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?
While prototyping Twitter sentiment analysis project, I used AppNeta to monitor performance of our web applications. We also wrote User Interface(UI) test cases using selenium and tracked the performance of application by collecting tweets from multiple users located residing at different locations.
Database APIs were also tracked to find out performance bottlenecks.
Here are some of the useful and necessary features supported by AppNeta:
- Advanced visualization with filtering and drill-down,
- Distributed Transaction Tracing
- Error reporting at every layer
- Unlimited machine level metric collection and charting