ZenHub Reviews & Product Details

What is ZenHub?

ZenHub is a better way to manage your GitHub Issues, Multi-repo Boards, Epics, and reports — all without ever leaving GitHub. Experience data-driven project management in ZenHub that runs on GitHub data. Your Burndown charts, Velocity tracking, and Release reports are always accurate. We are powering agile development at some of the world's most innovative teams. For more information visit: https://www.zenhub.com/

ZenHub Screenshots

1-22 of 22 total ZenHub reviews

ZenHub Reviews

1-22 of 22 total ZenHub reviews
UX Researcher

"Great organization and project management tool"

What do you like best?

My team and I use ZenHub to track and organize our work projects. We create various columns to prioritize projects and indicate their progress status. This transparency is very helpful, as any team can look at our board and see what we're working on and where various projects stand. I also love that I can tag various team members on each ticket, so they'll be notified with any changes and/or comments.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any real complaints, ZenHub has all of the functionality I've needed thus far.

ZenHub has been a great tool for organizing, prioritizing, and tracking projects. It's also a great centralized tool for us to communicate with other teams and provide transparency into our work.

Process Improvement Specialist
Construction

"Zenhub for Web Development"

What do you like best?

I like how they've tried to make the Github issues look a little better and they've helped make kanban a little more manageable with all their awesome reporting.

What do you dislike?

In trying to make the issue creation look better, it's left off some of the functionality you can do right out the gate with Github, like dependancies, but you can add it in after the issue is created.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Zenhub is really useful in their boards and reporting, to me, the reporting is enough in itself. As said earlier, for reporting to work, you must stay convicted in your process

Their reporting has helped tremendously with estimating our projects for clients. Anyone in web development knows this is the most difficult thing to do, but by creating an issue, allowing to evolve over time, and making sure to fill in all the information like estimate, release, and milestones; the reports will show you what you lack in your estimating over time. You will progressively get better with this, especially if you stayed convicted in following the Agile Web Development process.

Software Engineer
(10,001+ employees)

"Manage your Github problems"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that it is integrated with Github and hence with just one account without any registration I can use it and the integration is seamless, to say the least.You can easily work on all your repositories and can solve issues present in them with your team working on the same thing at once.I also would like to dwell on the fact that it is really seamless and some of the tools that it provides really tell us that they really made it for the developers.

What do you dislike?

To be honest there is not anything that I do not like about this amazing piece of software.I really am in awe with this product.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want a perfect product to maintain your repositories then look no more and use this amazing service and you will fell in love with it.

While working on a QA project all the codes were uploaded on Github and my entire team used ZenHub to work on the same code at once and very easily because of the plethora of tools that are provided it was really a quite an easy task to maintain, manage and keep track of the development.

"Issue management at its best"

What do you like best?

I have multiple repositories and many issues within each one. I love how Zenhub allows me to create Boards, this makes the organization of my issues simple. I can visually see what issues I need to work on, verify, what's in the Backlog and even see the total number of each issue in each category. Github alone is missing this and it made it difficult for me to track my issues, many would get lost because I would get overwhelmed in trying to scroll through the issues. I did filter by assignee but Zenhub allows me to see this in a board format. Which is great.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything I dislike about using ZenHub.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be prepared to see productivity to go up.

We use scrum on my teams and Zenhub helps us go through scrum a lot faster because we can see clearly where we're at and where we need to focus our attention on. It's literally a portable white board.

"Great Dev Project Management Tool associating with GitHub"

What do you like best?

It has a strong connection with GitHub.

Easy to use, especially for the different working pipelines.

Clearly layout to overview project progress.

What do you dislike?

Lack of statistical functions, e.g. How much time a person has been worked?

A little bit delay when creating new issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are using GitHub as version control system and looking for a project management software, ZenHub is a best choice. You will not be regret to be a user of ZenHub.

We have serval developers working in different locations. We need a project management software to help us arrange the whole develop tasks and maintain develop progress. Considering that our software code management is based on GitHub, we would like to choose a project management software which has connections with GitHub. After doing a research, we found ZenHub is our best choice, and it becomes more and more better since we begun to use.

"SRE teams' de-facto repository organization plugin"

What do you like best?

We're using this to plan and delegaste tasks on many projects, including disaster recovery and services deployment. As an organizational tool, it fills Jira's gaps fantastically AND all inside of the browser.

What do you dislike?

UI is not very intuitive, and ZenHub tends to renders the Github page you're using unusable - also, a lot of resources (mostly JavaScript) can be tuned up for performance.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For project planning, this is _the_ tool your team deserves. I'd advise you to learn to use ZenHub's pipeline to get the most out of the plugin.

We realized we needed ZenHub to make actionable decisions fast on GitHub issues and epics, redistribute responsabilities between SREs and backend developers, and make ROI/capacity planning on future projects.

Technical Director
Entertainment

"So great Github should buy it."

What do you like best?

It's github's best friend. There are a lot of other Kanban card style ways to prioritize IT tasks but none are as well integrated as Zenhub. Using their chrome extension they add features directly on top of Github. The features are made so well they end up forgetting they weren't part of Github's featureset in the first place.

What do you dislike?

A little expensive for the featureset. Their product is nearly perfect but pricing per user, while normal for other services, is a bit off putting for one that builds their product on top of another. It's especially hard to justify when you have a lot of users and end up paying Zenhub more than Github (the product it builds ontop of).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

ZenHub is really great. The only negatives are the per user pricing. Other than that it, it is the perfect fit for almost every project. The only thing that could make it even better is if Github would buy it and integrate it.

It makes managing a medium sized team of developers easier and makes tasks simple to prioritize and track without having to leave Github. It also gives you great features like Burndown for gauging complexity of particular tasks and how quickly features can be completed.

Freelance Web Developer/Architect/Consultant

"Seamless kanban board for GitHub"

What do you like best?

The integration with GitHub. When you are a developer, it's really nice that you have everything in one place. Also, the configurable columns are handy when you need to define your own workflow.

What do you dislike?

It requires a Chrome extension to work, and cannot be used in other browsers. Also, the interface sometimes feels a bit slow.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for an issue tracker integrated with GitHub, this is probably the best one. It also shines if your workflow is headed a bit into the kanban direction, as opposed to strict scrum.

We use ZenHub for issue tracking of our GitHub projects. We have our own workflow including QA, and ZenHub has been a great fit.

Project Manager

"Integrated project management without leaving GitHub"

What do you like best?

ZenHub is the first and only project management suite that works natively within GitHub. The learning curve is non-existent, the design is seamlessly integrated, and it's extremely reliable. As a former Trello user, the transition to ZenHub was a breeze. It features the same linear layout, and drag and drop capabilities; and instead of 'cards', you just add/manage the "issues" you have already created in GitHub. I still love Trello, but ZenHub is just a superior product in my opinion for day-to-day project management, specifically relating to development. The pricing is very reasonable and it's free for open source and personal projects. As a huge proponent of open-source development, that means a lot to me. ZenHub is used by companies like Microsoft, Facebook, Sony, NBC News, and more. Finally, the team over at ZenHub is wonderfully transparent and helpful. They are fast to reply to questions and feedback and are dedicated to the continual improvement of their product.

What do you dislike?

Overall, there isn't much bad that I have to say about ZenHub, and I'm having a hard time trying to come up with cons. The only thing I can thing of is, there isn't much room for customization potential as far as aesthetics. They really try to keep consistent with the standard look and feel of GitHub. That could be a downside if customization is a must for you. Also keep in mind, the product is relatively new so if you're expecting something with a thousand crazy features, ZenHub doesn't have them (yet). But, they are adding new features/updates very regularly and discussing them over at their blog.

- Less time spent trying to figure out where we are with certain tasks.

- Being able to press "b" anytime while on GitHub to access your workflow, is much easier and faster than trying to hassle with a separate program in a different browser tab.

- It also makes things really easy to stay organized with fellow team members who are working from a different office or at home.

"Liked it but I wish it was better"

What do you like best?

Really love the different ways it provides to productively divide the work in order to achieve short term goals

What do you dislike?

There are some problems like, if you create "Milestones" from certain page, it will open the zenhub's new milestone page but if you create "Milestones" from other page, it will open the Github's default milestone page.

Use it to divide work between co-workers to make sure tasks are completed at right time without other hassles.

Co-founder

"Brings me closer to my tech team!"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it was to get onboarded. ZenHub features sit on top of GitHub so it works seamlessly with my workflow and allows me to keep tabs on the engineering team. As a marketer, it is so important for my work to be aligned with tech development. ZenHub allows me to do that.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, nothing! Anything I dislike is quickly fixed by the team. They're agile and responsive.

As a lean startup, it's important for all of us to keep track of all the work that goes into each and every sprint. ZenHub gives me visibility of all the moving parts, and encourages more collaboration and communication between team members.

"Simplifying Tracking Tasks"

What do you like best?

There are lots of options out there to track tasks/tickets/issues but they are all a separate entity you need to signup for, install, have yet another window open etc. Zenhub integrates right in your github flow.

What do you dislike?

Currently can't think of anything yet that Zenhub doesn't offer. Maybe I should look around and dig deeper but it's satisfying all my needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just give it a try.

Time Management. Getting projects done one time. Seeing an overview of issues that are blocked / done / need to be QA'd etc.

UA

"Great Kanban bord!"

What do you like best?

It is much more user friendly than Jira.

What do you dislike?

The actual UI of kanban is cluttered. Could use a bit of airing out.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Recommend for greenfield tech teams

We are solving scrum functionality faults across our team and ZenHub provides a seamless way to get our whole team on one page.

"Organize and Visualize Your GitHub Issues"

What do you like best?

Great way to visualize and organize your issues. Filter, sort, and view all your issues at once.

What do you dislike?

No complaints for this. It's a great add-on!

A way to view all our issues.

"Clean but performance could be better"

What do you like best?

decent integration with GitHub. Cards are easy to group, drag around. Search functionality works really well.

What do you dislike?

lags here and there, ui is a little bland

project management for our app

VP Engineering, Co-Founder

"Easy Kanban board for Github"

What do you like best?

Zenhub provides an easy to use interface, and seemlessly integrates with issue tracking. If you are already using issues to track sprints you have to use zenhub.

What do you dislike?

Zenhub has no offline or mobile mode. But you can just manage your issues through Github

Sprint Management for Engineering teams

VP of Product
Internet

"Good add-on to GitHub for small teams"

What do you like best?

Pipeline management, epics, and milestones

What do you dislike?

Insufficient workflow tools, slow performance when there are a lot of issues.

ZenHub has met our needs well enough to manage our agile workflow.

CTO/Co-Founder

"Really great integration with Github"

What do you like best?

Burndown charts linked to our milestones are amazing! Have yet to find another tool that combines all of this in Github.

What do you dislike?

I would love to be able to tag multiple people on a card

Tracking our sprints!

"Good for collaboration and product management"

What do you like best?

Integration with GitHub, applying story points, and seeing the weekly points flow.

What do you dislike?

Wish you could easily sort the boards layout better or at least group certain issues together.

Product and project management for releases and research. Easy for all members of the team to sort and apply issues to the tracker and work with engineering to get them accomplished.

"JIRA replacement"

What do you like best?

I like github integrations and boards sections. Easy to define swim lanes and searching is faster

What do you dislike?

Sometimes its pretty slow to load entire board

We were using JIRA and its heavy and it take entire my cpu usage (150%) for agile board. The Zenhub is very simple and ligh weight and easy to search

"Enables Efficient Project Management"

What do you like best?

Synchronous with GitHub and it's repositories

What do you dislike?

None, there isn't any bad feature as such

Developing an MVP for a startup. Zenuub helps in visualisation of your timeline and milestones and prioritize work accordingly.

"Pretty awesome application"

What do you like best?

This is a really nice way to organize issues on github.

What do you dislike?

Yall really need a Safari plugin. i am trying to use this on my smaller macbook which has trouble running chrome, and I can't.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It really makes the organization of the issue tracking on github less daunting.

organizing sprints

ZenHub Features

• Task Creation and Assignment
  • Task Prioritization
  • To-Do Lists
  • Collaborative Project Planning
  • Comments
  • Documents and Uploads

ZenHub User Ratings