Webhose.io

Webhose.io is a data crawling API service.

Work for Webhose.io?

Learning about Webhose.io?

Webhose.io Reviews

Ask Webhose.io a Question
Showing 29 Webhose.io reviews
Jonas D.

"Easy to use service and cheaper than alternatives"

What do you like best?

Good support - always answers the questions, in most cases takes comments into account. support is as good or better then one of competitors. easy to implement. free test data is also convenient to test the product. no set-up fees also allows to check the data - which is convenient. flexible data plans. The cost is quite competitive - we were looking into IBM and windows solutions, but they were way more expensive. In short we could not find anything better at the time. if the platform improves and covers even more data sources, then it will be the best solution online.

What do you dislike?

it does not have all the data. i.e. it does not scrape blomberg.com or other sites which have useful information, but maybe do not appreciate data scraping. in this way you can only indications about the information online, but by no way you can make accurate conclusions, since many sources will not be covered (in many cases these will be high value sources). Another problem is that filtering is not working totally accurately - languages is not 100% identified correctly, some of the information is not relevant and does not match keywords (and slip through negative keywords).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

good (from our research the best) value for money. but make sure it has what you need (since it does not cover all the news resources on the web)

using webhose to find relevant and interesting content for content marketing

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Webhose.io
Marco C.

"Excellent service, building useful data"

What do you like best?

The service allows you to query tons of public data that you can use to build up tools for your business, thanks to the structured orientation of the results.

What do you dislike?

There could be some improvements for non English languages, in my case Italian. Filters can be improved too, e.g. allowing to filter by multiple site-keys (site, site_full, thread.url). In my case I have to perform 3 queries instead of one.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a very useful tool and for our business it has made us improve our services. We use Webhose to collect articles from websites and generate aggregated data based on our industry.

You can have an extended overview of several external website without the need to code an interface for each of them. Basically it would have been impossible to reach our goal without Webhose.

What Data Extraction solution do you use?

Ivan D.

"Pretty high quality, reasonable price, perfect support"

What do you like best?

1. Time to response on tickets - guys from webhose answer really fast, the period of solving issues is short.

2. Pricing model: very flexible and easy to manage.

3. Playground functionality: make the process of testing the quality and quantity of data for different cases much easier.

4. Well-architectured API

What do you dislike?

We haven't met any major problems.

However, there is some amount of corrupted data, that is not very significant to cause the problems for our business.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do not hesitate to contact their support in case of any issues. In most cases, you will receive all the needed information in the answer.

We use webhose.io mostly to expand our coverage of news, blogs, and forums for social media listening purposes.

I
Internal Consultant

"easy to use API for web content retrieval"

What do you like best?

Webhose solves a sizable part of web monitoring by providing a comprehensive, easily usable API with which to perform advanced search on deeply indexed content. The website / forum / discussion groups indexed base is obviously not the whole internet, but provides a wide enough sample as to be statistically relevant.

What do you dislike?

Queries sometimes are not the easiest to fine tune, especially the most complex ones. I highly recommend using the web interface to fine tune queries before switching to production. For pretty much this reason, test queries via the web interface should not be counted against your monthly quota, or a sandbox / test environment outside the quota could be provided. Also, the pricing scheme is a bit disorienting: there are no volume discounts, as one would expect, but rather price per query / API request slightly increases with volume.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Testing queries before switching to production is necessary, and will save an enormous amount of time later on. Also, the metadata provided by webhose are worth looking into, although this changes on a per case basis.

We are a web and social media listening company with multinational clients and a boutique approach, consulting on web and social media and the conversations around our clients' brands. Webhose allows access to a sizable, representative part of the ongoing online conversations by crawling and indexing millions of sites daily.

EC
Executive Sponsor in Computer Software

"Great product for the price. "

What do you like best?

We are currently a customer that has access to a firehose of data for blogs and new. I like the ability to be able to download the data without having to write queries for the data. I also like the price points for the firehose. It is cheaper than all other solutions currently on the market.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the delivery mechanism of the firehose. We have to connect to an FTP site to download the data. I have found that certain content is malformed which causes issues to process. I also do not like XML format and would much rather prefer a json format delivered over an http stream.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure to have error checking in place in case of malformed XML.

We are a social media analytics company. We augments our solution with data from webhose to allow our customers to find when our customers brands has been mentioned.

Jason J.

"A* Service"

What do you like best?

The service delivered by WebHose.io is 1st class, when comparing them to other content providers we work with. This company is simply a dream. Their communication with the customer is extremely good and all staff I've worked with are very friendly and professional, with a willingness to accommodate customer needs as best as possible.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I can think of, as they have always been able to deliver on anything I've thrown at them.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend this service!

We receive content addition requests for Forum content, which WebHose.io provide. We had an issue internally requiring us to request optimization of the solution we use to track requests. WebHose worked alongside me to accommodate our needs and create a better solution that was in place, greatly helping to gain better context on requests for us internally. This was the first time we worked on a solution together, and I was amazed at WebHose's willingness to keep the customer happy.

AC
Administrator in Computer & Network Security

"Useful for Dark Web searching, despite frustrating bugs and limits"

What do you like best?

Just the ability to search dark web content is in itself pretty awesome, but the extensive support for filtering by a wide range of enriched data fields (SSN, CCs, etc.) is especially useful

What do you dislike?

A. Occasional bugs that break responses without any notification that the bug has arisen from support

B. No visibility into how often various sites/networks are crawled

C. Only able to make one call a second to the cyberFilter endpoint

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you have demonstrated use cases and know that you will be finding content that will be valuable to you or your customers, because it is very expensive...

Protecting customers who are concerned about credtheft and PII exposure on dark web forums/networks has been our primary use case, and we have found several legitimate cases of PII exposure.

"Great customer experience, very good platform"

What do you like best?

I really love the response from the Webhose team. Every time I've asked for help on support, they responded quickly and we got a solution within a few messages. Also, their API is simple to use, and the API playground in the platform makes everything easier.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes we find a site that is not covered by their service, and a custom parser for it is a bit expensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If I was thinking about choosing or not Webhose, I would suggest to use their trial plan, which is free forever, with just a very low monthly limits.

We understand what the digital media is saying about our customers. Webhose help us by abstracting the infrastructure needed to get this data.

"Social data gathering from webhose survey"

What do you like best?

Flexible API, speed of response from support team, transparent billing system, quality of data, coverage of data sources and good partner relationship maintenance, valuing customers, etc.

What do you dislike?

Difficult to say as webhose is very good.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Good friendly support team. Even L1 support team is very technical and most of your issues get resolved there. The SLA met criteria is very good. Quality of data is also very good. Worth trying. I didn't try the firehose yet but heard that it is more outstanding the package that we are using.

We gather social data from various sources and we use webhose for forums data. We also have in house built crawlers for forums and other social media sources, so we know and we understand the quality of data that we get and the price at which it is tagged is low. We always got good quality data and their search API is very good.

"Robust Data Sources & Great Customer Service"

What do you like best?

I really enjoy talking with the support at Webhose. They are always very helpful. They do support many different types of data sources and continue to make improvements and changes to their list.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything specific I "dislike". I do think they can continue to make improvements to their dark web capabilities.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're looking to implement data sources from various different sites and get valuable data from those sites -- Webhose is a great solution to meet those needs.

Providing our customers with additional data sources (i.e. forums, Pinterest, dark/deep web). Webhose does bring back valuable data to our customers and works efficiently.

"Webhose.io for Reviews"

What do you like best?

There is the option to access the dark web's data, which otherwise could be difficult to retrieve. It displays a variety of data analysis compiled for potential company profit and improvement. You can also integrate the code in eight different coding languages into one's own software.

What do you dislike?

The dark web information retrieval can be a bit "sketchy". The information retrieved has to be very specified in the query so that one is not overloaded with excess information. Though easy to use, there are, in my opinion, better alternatives for searching products.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

See if there are other products like Webhose to see which one works best for you. The pricing is fairly reasonable. There is an option to get 1000 requests per month with no cost, and other options for actual subscriptions.

We wanted to create a website where businesses can see all their product reviews in one place so they do not have to individually access several different websites to see their reviews. Also, we wanted to make it so that customers of products can search a product and see all the reviews compiled to make a decision whether they would like to purchase it or not.

Nate M.

"Excellent source for our data pipeline"

What do you like best?

Webhose gives us access to large amounts of data that help us process mission critical data in our pipeline.

What do you dislike?

Some of the data formats we receive can be formatted poorly.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's great if you need the data sources they offer.

We provide essential data analysis to our customers. Our customers appreciate having data from many sources, which webhose provides.

"Webhose Review"

What do you like best?

I think the customer service is great and very accommodating. There is a great variety of data sources that Webhose offers.

What do you dislike?

I don't think there is anything I "dislike", but I do feel that Webhose needs to improve their dark web capabilities. I feel there needs to be more research (analyst work) done so that new sites are being added continuously.

I think the complexity of data sources has been super helpful. The time we receive alerts has been very beneficial and Webhose has been accommodating when I've asked to add in additional forums/blog sites.

Alain Philippe P.

"Very good service with good price"

What do you like best?

The interface is easy to work with and the possibility to have the data from the last 30 days

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything in particular but I would like to be more precise (chosing the day) when doing a backsearch

Hability to have more data to work with to have a better analysis

Mike A.

"Excellent variety and quality of data"

What do you like best?

Query system is simple to use and consistent across data providers

Data is well cleaned

Pricing is very clear and approachable

What do you dislike?

Machine Learning based tags need a bit of work

Webhose provided a way for us to test and validate the value of additional web content data-sets on our existing platform quickly and easily.

AE
Administrator in Entertainment

"Amazing Web Data platform"

What do you like best?

I love that it is easy to use and doesn't require a CC to get started!! It is easy to create "Machine-Readable Data Feeds from Millions of Blogs" - I love the live demo feature!

What do you dislike?

It's a little confusing to get started. They have guides but I feel like they need step-by-step videos.

As a company, we are able to track our influencers to ensure the best content is being reached.It helps us with our market research & financial tracking.

Henning Z.

"Huge Amounts of Nws Data for our Product"

What do you like best?

The amount of data that comes in through webhose is massive, it's more than the other providers we tested. The Python API is quite useful as well.

What do you dislike?

You cannot use your regular credits to get data older than 30 days but instead have to pay additionally if you want to access old data.

Analysing news data for our clients. With webhose we can be sure that we have all the news data there is.

"Great source of news and blog posts content"

What do you like best?

The volume of data we can gather from Webhose is awesome, espacially if you can drive precisely your queries and filters.

What do you dislike?

If you can't drive well your queries, your results will carry lots of useless stuff.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are planning to purchase Webhose plans, make sure the main user knows about logical filters.

We are tracking Business Intelligence in different ways, and Webhose help us to collect company's news for better market understanding.

Amien K.

"Great Reliability & Support"

What do you like best?

the service's reliability and support, also easy to implement

What do you dislike?

More localised data sources in each country

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Easy setup, excellent support

Acquiring blog posts from Indonesia we've managed to add our overall data collection

"Great Data Feeds!"

What do you like best?

I really like the access that they have to many different blogs and forums sites. I have not been able to find this high-quality data at the same price anywhere.

What do you dislike?

I would like a little bit more detail for the Cyber data, such as screenshots and other relevant contextual informaiton.

Our customers need to monitor hundreds of thousands of sites for content that may damage their brands. Webhose helps us to access all of those sites in a single set of endpoints. This information allows us to focus more time on analysis and data processing and leave the data collection up to them.

gianandrea f.
View Original January 24, 2019

"reliable data for thorough analysis "

What do you like best?

Clean data returned, easy to implement, great support.

What do you dislike?

adding sources should be free of charge

Access to worldwide forums is a must we really appreciate.

"Webhose API"

What do you like best?

Pricing is good and flexible which helps a lot. The coverage is extensive and provides a good starting point for our research. Further, the website is easy to use and navigate

What do you dislike?

Broader news coverage would be nice to have and other languages along with premium content

Recommendations to others considering the product:

worth a shot

Ability to access and monitor news media via an api

"Webhose review"

What do you like best?

Webhose has an easy way to access the data I need. I like using it at Nuvi.

What do you dislike?

I wish the API docs were a little better. I think webhost can improve by making its web portal more intuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be sure to understand the use cases/

Social media analytics. We can focus more on analytics and less on collection

"Simple to integrate"

What do you like best?

integration time with their api is low. Automatic topup when running out of credits. Also addition of sentiment makes it easy to use.

What do you dislike?

often metadata is also added and the article is not properly cleaned up (example in some news article it scrapes advertisements)

we are using webhose to scrape cryptocurrency data. Primarily news articles.

"Good service for gathering data from the web"

What do you like best?

The ability to configure the API to deliver specific information on the content that we are searching for.

What do you dislike?

Occasional errors in the API, but generally it's very good.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try - a free trial is available.

We collect news stories on operational loss from news outlets around the world.

nick b.

"Webhouse.io"

What do you like best?

This is a great product to streamline your processes and proceed with business

What do you dislike?

Nothing of not it is fairly easy to use with a little practice.

Trying to gather data sets to streamline and reach more effective leads.

"Great product for social media insights"

What do you like best?

Ease of scraping sources to identify results

What do you dislike?

I use it for a limited use case, and am unaware of any major challenges

To identify is data sources are being pulled into a social intelligence platform

"Senior Analyst"

What do you like best?

Support team is very good

Dashboard is very interactive

What do you dislike?

Data coverage needs to improve also try to include more of historic data.

We use webhose for our day today analysis of

"Data flow"

What do you like best?

The amount of data that you have constantly avaiable.

What do you dislike?

Nothing Really. Customer support was amazing explaining the solutions to my problems.

Data protection

Learn more about Webhose.io

Webhose.io Videos

Learning about Webhose.io?

* We monitor all Webhose.io reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.