Virtru Reviews & Product Details

Virtru Overview

What is Virtru?

Virtru puts you in charge of how your digital information is shared. Combining control, convenience, and simplicity, Virtru makes it easy to keep your private communications private.

Virtru Details

Virtru Screenshots

Virtru Reviews

Showing 47 Virtru reviews
Already have Virtru?
What do you like best?

I like having the ability to toggle encryption for email from my inbox and to remove the option to forward encrypted emails Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there is a lag when I first open my email Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need encryption options for email, this is a great and easy service to use! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

No problems. The biggest benefit is being able to electronically send encrypted files. It makes communicating about protected patient information much easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

EH
What do you like best?

We came from a traditional secure email service and Virtru's passwordless access via Gmail is very nice. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The number of problems clients have had is completely overwhelming. Only about 50% of our messages can actually be retrieved without issue. Your client must have Gmail and Chrome for this solution to be user friendly. Otherwise you need to do pin logins every time and more times than not this will not work. Group emails and distribution lists aren't supported nor is Firefox. The sales reps and account managers do not help the situation and are unresponsive. If you are an enterprise that wants to keep your users happy and reading your messages look elsewhere. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

HIPAA compliant email and secure billing invoicing. It works well when you have Gmail otherwise go a different way. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Program Support Assistant
Government Administration
What do you like best?

I like that I can use Virtru and send an encrypted email to someone else and they can use the email I send them to reply back. It keeps sensitive information protected. I also like that it is user friendly and gives you step by step how to use it. When you send the email outside of your organization, it also gives the receive step by step directions on how to open the protected email. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

So far I have not ran into anything that I do not like. Everything works very well and it is user friendly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Virtru is user friendly and saves time by keeping emails going outside of the work place encrypted. I recommend that you watch the tutorial and just follow the steps. I have been using Virtru for 2 years now and I feel confident that the information I send to other organizations is protected. It is awesome! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The largest problem I am solving with Virtru is sending sensitive information outside of my work place and still having this sensitive information protected. The benefits to this is that it is very time saving. Before Virtru I would have to walk and/or fax the sensitive documents. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love the ability of only having to click a button to turn the feature on or off. This makes it extremely easy to make specific emails secure, if needed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

If I choose to secure an email with an attachment, but then decide that I do not need to secure the email - I have to remember to reattach the document. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are sending documents, I would recommend not including jpeg (possibly other image files as well) as the recipient is not always able to open. I've seen that PDF works the best when sending a secure email through Virtru. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am able to send emails without having to password protect documents. In the past, I would have to send the password-protected document, and then an additional email with the password for the recipient to be able to open. Now, I can just attach the document, turn on Virtru, and send the email. I love that the recipient doesn't even have to have Virtru in order to open. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

http://www.forbesstories.com Writer
What do you like best?

It's easy for recipients to decrypt email and attachments without the hassle of key installation or trusting. The Virtru team also offers a powerful API that we can use to build their encryption into software tools that we build or use internally in our work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Normalize the feature requirements to make product evalutation and justification simpler. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It providers great protection for the computer. Keeps everything nice and clean. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Virtru is an excellent email security tool which I believe everyone should have. The software is reasonable and works really well, the chrome plugin have made things really easy for me. I feel safe and protected, never got my email hack since virtru. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far, but now my emails are pretty much relying on this software, I hope they don't wreck up ever. No complains so far. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Best email protection software one can use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have solved email protection issue the most, I would recommend it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Customer Service Manager
What do you like best?

Virtru have really been a helpful tool for me, its been helping me since few months now. Since I have been using it, I feel safe, my emails and all important data is encrypted and safe. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't exactly have any complaints yet, but sometimes privacy concerns me, what if it leak my information, or something negative could happen since I am relying on a software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's good can ease and smooth emailing system and privacyl Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With Virtru I trust emails more, and they are easier to use and work with. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Seo expert
What do you like best?

Email's the thing through which we do our everyday business. Unless that's secure, nothing is. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The 25MB per email limitation would somewhat limit the full use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I found that my data's been secured now, for which there were no precautions before Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Manager
Media Production
What do you like best?

It's easy for recipients to decrypt email and attachments without the hassle of key installation or trusting.I like the flexibility to turn it on and off within Gmail. My emails and all important data is encrypted and safe. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

In the case where I don't initiate a message thread, I have to rely on the other party to choose to use Virtru to send me secure messages. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Virtru solves that issue by encrypting/decrypting content right in my browser Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Customer Service Representative
What do you like best?

Works with existing email accounts and help protect the email data. Excellent product, enabling high-grade encryption very simple to use by senders and recipients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Stops working after every update. Seems to work, but no new messages arrive. After every update it takes time coming together. The UI could be improved as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want your emails save and secure from hacking, I would recommend this. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

My data is in safe hands now. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Jr Front-End Developer
What do you like best?

This is a pretty useful application when it comes to personal and corporate security. More often than not, some highly confidential material is shared through an email and to make it safe, virtru does a fantastic job. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I really have nothing bad to say about virtru as so far, I've been pretty content with it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I realized that it was no longer unsafe to exchange confidential emails any longer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It is very easy to use on the sender's end. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is a bit difficult when trying to access emails quickly on a mobile device. In addition, folks that do not have virtru installed on their emails have stated it takes a long time to get into an email upon receipt. You cannot see the trail of an email when forwarded. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It encrypts emails so only the individuals intended to receive it can. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Manager
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
What do you like best?

I loved it, absolutely loved it! Saved me from a massive encryption hassle. My accounts are now safer than before Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wouldn't call it exactly to be perfect, there are a few places where work could be done but other than that, fantastic. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I solved the problem of sharing confidential emails with my colleagues because of the risk of them being hacked into. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Assistant to Manager
Retail
What do you like best?

It's highly usable and the security features truly are mind-blowing.

This sort of encryption makes the use of our day-to-day emails be free from the worries of being seen by unauthorized people. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It takes a bit of getting used to but once you're past that initial stage, it's all well and good. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I solved being constantly worried about exchanging confidential emails with people. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

EASY TO INTEGRATE WITH GOOGLE, HOWEVER THE APP FOR SMART PHONES MIGHT AS WELL NOT EXIST. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

THEY ONLY ALLOW FOR EMAIL OR ONLINE SUPPORT. THE BILLING NUMBER CALLS Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

DO NOT USE... Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

THEY ARE A SCAM, EVEN IF YOU MAKE CHANGES ONLINE AS THEY INSTRUCT YOU TO DO SO, THEY STILL CHARGE YOU THE WRONG AMOUNT. CLAIM THEY CANNOT CHANGE AND THEN TELL YOU TO MAKE CHANGES FOR NEXT YEAR. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Customer Service Sales Representative
Retail
What do you like best?

I really liked having my emails be much safer through virtru. No one can now read them, other than the ones they're intended for. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It did take a bit of getting used to but in the end, it was worth it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Honestly, this has solved just so many of my problems. I've become so much pleased with it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing manager
What do you like best?

For a bigger business, there are very few things more important than security of data and that is what exactly virtru provides. That's why I'm loving it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I really dislike their interface and a few other problems, like slower customer support, and a little expensive price. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I solved my business data security problems pretty easily through virtru. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Real Estate
What do you like best?

I like that it is user friendly and gives you step by step how to use it. When you send the email outside of your organization, The program can be used in conjunction with Google software or Microsoft software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

it's not clear how this product will last in the market. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

use Virtru for complete privacy control over my email Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Realtor
Semiconductors
What do you like best?

Easy email protection and file encryption.we use Google Suite and Virtru is fully integrated with Google Suite Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There needs to be more client support Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our entire team uses Virtru to securely encrypt our email and our sensitive financial files. We use it internally as well as for communicating with our portfolio companies and investors. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UN
What do you like best?

Virtru provides an opportunity to access secure documents remotely and transfer information between agencies without fear of privacy breaches. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Virtru is persnickety and slow and generates copious notification emails. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Exercise patience and provide feedback so we can all assist in this product's development. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Virtru maintains client privacy while allowing for the convenience of emailing information/documents to coordinate services. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

When I need to send encrypted emails to others in my department, it is easy to use Virtru to encrypt (and decrypt) my Gmail emails. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have not come across anything with Virtru that I have disliked so far. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have a need for encrypting emails sent from Gmail, Virtru is the way to go. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to safely and securely send sensitive information via Gmail by encrypting with Virtru. We are able to exchange data quicker and more securely now. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It keeps sensitive information protected. Virtru makes extremely easy to make specific emails secure. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I did need to send sensitive stuff via email, Virtru failed to open on the recepient's computer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Excellent for financial services and health care professionals. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

It provides an extra level of security for sending documents via email Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing that I can I dislike so far. Maybe the pop ups? Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's making sure legal documents are secure for our members Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It's very easy to turn off and on depending on who I'm emailing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes sending an attachment can be difficult. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have to be HIPAA compliant. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UA
What do you like best?

So easy to use. Gives you options that no other secure emails source does. I never leave reviews but had to, because I can't believe its not more widely used. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Keeps switching itself on and encrypting emails that don't require encryption which is very annoying. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Email Encryption. Works very well with little to no configuration. A very elegant one-button solution to encrypting email. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Do you work for Virtru?