Upwork Enterprise

The Upwork Enterprise team built our product from the ground up in 2015 with scale, user experience, and your existing company processes in mind.

Work for Upwork Enterprise?

Learning about Upwork Enterprise?

Upwork Enterprise Reviews

Showing 23 Upwork Enterprise reviews
Upwork Enterprise review by Jasmine P.
Jasmine P.

"Good to fall back on"

What do you like best?

I like how I can browse jobs and only choose the ones that I think suit me. I also like how everything is verified, and that payment is sent through upwork. Even though they take a percentage of your earnings, it's peace of mind to know that you're going to get paid. As a freelancer, sometimes it's scary to work with a new client because there's no trust built.

What do you dislike?

It is a lot of work to set up your account. You also have to make an effort to be active. This is also the internet, so I did get some shady requests for design work... But if you have common judgement those are avoidable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great thing to have in your back pocket. I think this is something really good for somebody that does not have a lot of clients and needs to gain experience and make money. It is also good for an experienced freelancer who has hit a slow point in business and needs extra money.

I use Upwork when my personal freelance business is in a slow spot. I wouldn't use this long term for my primary source of clients, mainly because Upwork takes a percentage of money.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Upwork Enterprise
Upwork Enterprise review by Daniel R.
Daniel R.

"Software Developer"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to hire someone with Upwork. Their reviews of past customers appear right away and its easy to tell if he/she will be able to get the job done. I definitely recommend Upwork to my friends and colleagues that run their own business.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that you can't talk to the person you are going to hire before making an offer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep your password safe, its a pain to reset it if you have forgotten the answer to the security questions. I guess that's a good thing from Upwork since they are keeping user's information very secure.

I am hiring a graphic designer for our company's logos and website.

What Freelance Management Platforms solution do you use?

Upwork Enterprise review by User in Fund-Raising
User in Fund-Raising

"Great Freelance Site"

What do you like best?

I like how easy the site is to use and the ability to customize my application to different openings. I use upwork primarily to provide grant writing and copy editing services. The site allows both the client and me to work together on projects and provides a platform to get paid security and on time.

What do you dislike?

There was a period of inactivity on my end due to personal circumstances and the site made my profile private, making it impossible for potential clients to see my profile and ask me to work for them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Upwork is a grate platform for both those looking to hire professionals for a service and for people who are offering services. It brings people together to accomplish many different types of projects such as grant writing, copy editing, website development and much much more. It is easy to use and provides secure contact and payment options. My personal experience with upwork has been fantastic and I reccoment it to anyone who is looking to either provide a service or looking for someone who can help with their business needs.

I am a professional looking to supplement my income while also gaining valuable experience in grant writing. Upwork allows me to do both in a very convenient manor.

Upwork Enterprise review by User

"Upwork Is A Fantastic Resource For Hiring Freelancers"

What do you like best?

Upwork offers freelancers worldwide that specialize in a variety of skills and industries. Anything you could possibly need a freelancer for you will be able to find on Upwork. Also, due to the economies in other countries, it provides employers with a cheaper option than hiring domestically and this doesn't affect the quality of the finished product.

You can also pay via numerous methods which is useful.

What do you dislike?

Spamming of job applications can be a little annoying, but hard for Upwork to manage. I also don't like how freelancers can private message you without being hired for a job as this leads to constant messages from them asking if you have jobs available. Also very annoying. I don't have any complaints about the platform functionality.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Provide as much detail as you can in your job posts, this will make the hiring process much easier as you will not have unsuitable freelancers applying and ultimately save you time in the interview process. Also, invite as many people as you can per job as identifying people you want to hire instead of waiting for any applicants will yield better results.

- Hire skilled people in specific roles

- Cheaper prices

- The ability to manage a team of people in one place

- Easy communication methods

- The ability to compare numerous freelancers in one place

"Freelancer platform"

What do you like best?

The user base is pretty big, this makes the job market more competitive and the quality of the professionals higher. It is really simple to use and the payment system is automated and easy to use

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the freelancers are not professional, it happened to me to discuss with some of them because the quality of work was not at the expected level. Most of the freelancers are professional and qualitative but you need to spend some time to onboard them and make sure they meet the expectations . It happened to me that I had to fire someone because not reliable in terms of deadlines even though usually the quality f work was still good

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend some time in the hiring process, you will benefit afterwards in the quality of the output of the freelancers. Some time you will need to iterate but that applies even for normal recruiting. Overall it is a platform that meets the requirements and makes the life easier for your processes

We need to outsource some processes that otherwise might be too expensive. The quality of the process is higher because it profits from professionals (less time spent in onboarding). The process is even faster as the freelancers I have been working with are leading teams.

Upwork Enterprise review by Robert C. M.
Robert C. M.

"Great site for hired labor"

What do you like best?

Upwork is a great site to go to find freelanced labor. I was looking for a freelance marketing person and after posting an ad received many great candidates. It was very easy to evaluate the candidates, ask them questions and hire the right person. I received a great marketing piece very quickly.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found any feature of the site hard to use.

Hired marketing and website development people.

Upwork Enterprise review by User in Banking
User in Banking

"Finding Work, Made Easier"

What do you like best?

I have utilized Upwork to both find freelance opportunities, as well as post jobs that I have available to freelancers. The best part is that it is inexpensive, easy to use, and response times are great!

What do you dislike?

The most frustrating part as job seeker is the amount of pure volume and finding your way through it, sometimes things are mis-catergorized or coded incorrectly - I believe this is an issue with the job poster vs the site. The same goes for job posts, which sometimes receive numerous unqualified candidates -but that is par for the course on any job search.

We are able to quickly find candidates to fill a number of project based roles. Most projects are too engaging to ask another colleague, but not enough for a PT or FT position- so it's been a great fit.

Upwork Enterprise review by Steve L.
Steve L.

"Like having a "phone a friend nearby""

What do you like best?

Upwork is a worldwide enterprise that allows you to get assistance any time of the day or night and even holidays.

What do you dislike?

Like any of these programs there is a risk that the user's credentials / expertise aren't all that they seem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

With managed expectations and excellent product

Multiple anything from Logo design assistance to Quickbooks server questions and support.

Upwork Enterprise review by Anchit M.
Anchit M.

"Love working from home try upwork"

What do you like best?

Upwork is a place where you can find client as well freelancers/agency according to your requirements.

Upwork changes its share when project complete from total product cost.

Here you can a plethora of clients as well as freelancer/agency.

What do you dislike?

It very hard for a new freelancer to find their feet as profiles don't get verified easily.

And call quality over upwork is quite poor so it gets difficult to communicate with clients as we need clear

mutual understanding

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best place but you need to be careful as well.

We find clients for our company over upwork.

Upwork Enterprise review by User in Medical Practice
User in Medical Practice

"Great resource for first time freelancers to gain practical experience in creating their own busines"

What do you like best?

Super easy to learn and navigate. Plus, the site provides an option to show if the employers have verified a bank account, meaning there's more of a guarantee that the freelancer will be paid. Additionally, there is an app, which is useful for quick replies to job postings.

What do you dislike?

The contract section is a little confusing to navigate, and I have not discovered a way to make previous conversations disappear or even organize them. That would have been extremely helpful.

I have realized the importance and usefulness of independent contractors, especially for projects that are not within my abilities nor my fellow workers. It is mutually beneficial for myself and also for the contractor because it provides a flexible schedule for both of us.

Upwork Enterprise review by Andre' C.
Andre' C.

"Upwork is must have"

What do you like best?

Upwork gives me the ability to say, "Yes" to any projects my clients throw at me.

What do you dislike?

I'm no a fan of the cost to the freelancers.

We have expanded our resource pool. We can do more projects at the same time.

Upwork Enterprise review by User in Internet

"Expensive service and confusing interface"

What do you like best?

The number of developers on the system is very good. There are lots of developers with experience in niche areas.

What do you dislike?

The rate to pay contractors is too high. I also don't like the milestone structure of projects. Integrate with Github and you'll have my attention.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There aren't too many other great solutions in the space, unfortunately.

Finding contractors for my projects over the years. I was able to rotate out contractor who have since left.

Upwork Enterprise review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Great place for finding freelance work"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to find jobs that fit your skillset. The process of submitting proposals is pretty quick and easy as well

What do you dislike?

The flat 20% fee is pretty high. It does make me go higher for my hourly rate so as to compensate for it but as long as clients are willing to pay for it then it's fine.

I've been able to do consulting freelance to supplement my income.

Upwork Enterprise review by M A.
M A.

"Upwork has worked for me!"

What do you like best?

I've been able to hire talented freelancers on my website.

What do you dislike?

Their credit card processing fees. I'm not sure what they charge a processing fee if they already charge a big chunk to the freelancers.

None

Upwork Enterprise review by User

"Overall a positive user experience."

What do you like best?

I enjoy the layout of potential subcontractors and how I can browse their profiles, body of work, etc. and make an informed decision.

What do you dislike?

There are always some contractors who inflate their experience levels or abilities. Though this is probably not something Upwork can do much to control.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have had overall success using the platform. Always double check references and be sure you are hiring the right person for the right job.

We are a digital marketing agency that uses Upwork to hire subcontractors such as graphic artists, content writers and the like. We've had generally good experiences and found some contractors that we maintain longstanding relationships with.

Upwork Enterprise review by User in Design
User in Design

"Great place for freelancers"

What do you like best?

I like the way the website runs. You have contacts to use throughout the month, like credit. You can send a proposal to someone you want to work with, or upload your own task that needs to be done. It’s super easy to use. The layout is clean as well.

What do you dislike?

I don’t dislike many things on the website. I guess I don’t like the Cap that there is every month. Upwork also takes a percentage of the pay.

If my business needs freelance work very quickly, we can often find good candidates on this website compared to Craigslist or waiting for someone on a job listing website.

Upwork Enterprise review by Benjamin E.
Benjamin E.

"Best Way to Source Freelancers for One Off Projects"

What do you like best?

I love that I can use Upwork Enterprise for my agency to find freelance designers for one off projects that need to be outsourced, and that they can be anywhere in the world.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes when you are dealing with other countries, the talent can't speak english which can complicate things.

Really I'm solving the problem of having to hire and vet freelancers myself, leaving me more time for the company.

Upwork Enterprise review by Brittany A.
Brittany A.

"Find Good Talent for Multiple Jobs"

What do you like best?

You can find talent for a lot of different projects. Fast results and usually inexpensive.

What do you dislike?

You have to be able to trust and communicate clearly when working with people over the internet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have also worked as a freelancer for upwork. I think it is a good company to use and work for.

Recruiting. Find a lot of different talent and skills

Upwork Enterprise review by User

"Easy to Find Quality Freelancers at an Affordable Price"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to find freelancers that do exactly what we need and how quickly they respond. We have found the quality of most freelancers to be top notch. The system is intuitive to our needs.

What do you dislike?

Because it is such a large database of freelancers, sometimes the options are overwhelming. However, this is not necessarily a bad problem to have. You have to make sure your keywords match your exact needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that your keywords directly correlate with your needs.

Hiring quality freelancers for design needs.

"Easy to find talent"

What do you like best?

The search function is good, and out of about 20 jobs, I've never had a bad "hire."

What do you dislike?

If you don't get the right keyword in your search it can be kind of difficult to find the right people.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I like it a lot. I've browsed Fivverr and I think Upwork is just more intuitive. That's my personal opinion.

We outsource a lot of jobs before we hire a full-time person to fill the need. It's really helped us to scale.

Upwork Enterprise review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Best in market to get freelancing job"

What do you like best?

UI, ease of process, genuine for clients and employees both there are so many advantages

What do you dislike?

I don't have anything to dislike about upwork much- but just one thing If they give fresh freelancers to work as well that would be better - less the reviews least chance to get work

I did one website for my client hourly, it helped my client to track my activities.

"Need decent help fast?"

What do you like best?

Nice platform that handles all the transactions and interactions between you and the consultant.

What do you dislike?

No problems or concerns with it. Very transparent. Never had a dispute

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try working on a very small task first to get comfortable with it.

Quick short term programming help was needed.

Upwork Enterprise review by User in Construction
User in Construction

"Great Place for Finding Freelancers"

What do you like best?

I like the easy of finding a coder for our projects.

What do you dislike?

The website could be more user friendly.

We were able to find a Revit coder that would help solve our software problems.

Learning about Upwork Enterprise?

* We monitor all Upwork Enterprise reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.