Timesheets.com Reviews & Product Details

What is Timesheets.com?

Timesheets.com is a user-friendly and affordable employee time tracking solution for businesses who want to save on payroll costs or increase billing. Employees can track their time with our mobile site or admins can restrict where employees clock in to just certain office locations. Our DCAA compliant system has a full audit trail and permissions architecture ensuring security and accountability. Reports can be exported to a number of payroll and accounting software platforms including QuickBooks.

Timesheets.com Screenshots

1-25 of 242 total Timesheets.com reviews

Timesheets.com Reviews

1-25 of 242 total Timesheets.com reviews
Audit semi-senior

"Very effective time and expense tracking application"

What do you like best?

Timesheets.com is very easy to use. I like that timesheet entries are straightforward to input. The interface is very user-friendly where you are easily guided to clock in and clock out when done with work, include codes for specific types of jobs and also ability to narrate short notes for supervisor incase of a need for further clarification. With Timesheets.com, you can customize your entries to include

manual entries for breaks between standard hours, rates and expense claims. I like that Timesheets.com supports various document formats where you can upload back up documents and receipts and also export reports. The GPS tracking is also a very efficient tool which helps ascertain the accuracy of timesheet entries and any allowance claims.

What do you dislike?

Timesheets.com is rather rigid when it comes to users without supervisor or administrator roles. You are not able to make any little changes or corrections, you have to submit to the supervisor to either decline it or delete.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Timesheets.com is a very effective tracker for time and expenses at the workplace. Consider it and you’ll discover very supportive features like the GPS tracking.

With Timesheets.com, there has been increased accountability and productivity. The GPS tracking enables to ascertain the accuracy of duties or allowance claims making the process easier.

Bank Teller

"Best support for company time and expense tracking"

What do you like best?

Timesheets.com is straightforward and simple to use. I clock in when I report to work and clock out once

done and Timesheets.com posts the entries for me. I also like that is highly customizable to enable

manual input of breaks between clocking hours, rates, expense claims and other variable payroll

expenses. Timesheets.com supports various document formats, I can upload back up documents and

receipts when making expense claims. You can use it across various smart devices together with fitted

GPS tracking which helps ascertaining the accuracy of clocking in entries.

What do you dislike?

The editing abilities of employees are extremely limited. If there is a simple error that needs a quick

correction, it has to wait for the supervisor’s approval e.g a simple note on a timesheet.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are an enterprise managing small to medium sized teams and are looking for an effective time and

expense tracker, Timesheets.com has all the necessary features. Ranging from email notifications to GPS

tracking, it is not easy to miss any important entries.

There’s more accuracy and accountability with Timesheets.com. GPS tracking has led to more reliability

of timesheet entries and fair compensation for work done.

Auditor

"Very fulfilling time and expense tracker and accurate billing for company payroll expenses"

What do you like best?

1. What I like best about Timesheets.com is that it is highly customizable to enable input of various clocking hours and rates for both fixed and variable payroll expenses. You can include breaks in between the daily standard hours.

2. I also like that I can simply clock in and let Timesheets.com count the clocking in hours for me and afterwards record them when I clock out.

3. I like that I can upload back up documents for instance receipts when filling in expense claims.

4. You can use it across various devices with both the mobile app and web browser.

5. It is straightforward, user-friendly and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Most of the editing functions are with the supervisor, for instance if you'd want to delete a timesheet entry manually entered, you will have to let the supervisor review it first and decline or delete it for you, therefore requiring high level of accuracy.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking to tracking employee time and expenses within your organisation, consider using Timesheets.com. You will discover a lot of benefits from managing time, expenses and expense claims with this platform.

Timesheets.com has led to increased accuracy in tracking our time at the workplace. With clocking in and out, it is not easy to miss out on recording any tasks carried out at the workplace. Timesheets.com had led to increased accountability at the workplace since everything is documented.

Counter

" 2697/5000 Fantastic and flexible tool."

What do you like best?

It has a great ability to easily capture employee hours and monitor online. Ease of use, for everyone in the company. I really like the ability to track GPS at timesheets.com. It helps to verify the accuracy of the time our boys enter and leave when they are in the field. It was very easy to install on their smartphones and they have no problem using it. It is very simple. Another great feature are the reports that can be downloaded, good for printing timesheets. In addition, the customer service is excellent.

What do you dislike?

One of the aspects that I do not like very much is that the site depends entirely on the honesty of the users and this can sometimes be incorrect since employees can modify their times, but for the rest I think the objective of the software is quite successful and that can be quite useful. I would also like to be able to give supervisors access to see specific employees, even if they are not under their direct chain of command. Or so they can see all the hours entered for a specific project.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

What makes the software so valuable is the simplicity so that both the employee and the employer can track hours, notes, vacations, etc. One of the features that I really like are the available reports. An additional advantage of having this software also includes the archived information of each employee for the hours worked while working in the company. Timesheets are easy to use, integrate seamlessly with QuickBooks; It's cheap It has all the functions I need, including mileage and expenses, without charging me additional fees, unlike other popular programs of similar name. It is easy to use on any device, from anywhere.

We moved away from manuals that were prone to errors, typographical errors and unintentional formula changes. It saved us a ton of time each month when performing payroll and billing functions. I really like how easy it was to set up the employees, and how intuitive and easy it is for employees to use them every day. It took them very little time to get used to it. I also really appreciate that it has an IP blocking function; with many online systems that are not available or come with a premium. It's an amazing service, especially considering that I only have a few employees, so I'm not a big account for them. They really care that each of their customers has a great experience with their product.

Ingeniero en Agroalimentación
Food Production

"The app for keep track of time for the employees and my organization "

What do you like best?

The hourly time records are registered online, so I can reach any of the records in moments if I desired. Each one of the employee fills the working forms so they know exactly how many hours are they working every week and estimate the payroll based on their behavior. The formats are very simple to operate and gives us the transparency needed for the relation with our workers. Works very well for our small business farming, considering the time the employee stay at the field.

What do you dislike?

So far I've nothing to dislike in the software management, it considers every aspect that needed registration for a human resources office. Some how it considers the workers and every one registered on the software as part of the organization.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you manage a small or medium business is more efficient and productive to improve your human resources registration forms into Timesheets, because allows to your human resources employee work for another goal instead fill times reports.

The main problem I solve is a working culture of telling to our organization the exact hour to arrive to work, the time you're off and the time you are leaving the job. The benefits are several, each employee controls their own working time, without asking every day for it; I can do my job without employee issues on my mind and the consolidate of time worked for each employee can be sent to accountants for payroll twice a month.

Android Developer

"Web-Based attendance Tracking "

What do you like best?

Timesheets.com monitors your representative task and participation hours, costs, just as downtime. The online device offers directors and entrepreneurs a straightforward method to oversee worker time even in a hurry, with area just as character limitations. Its administration incorporates adaptable reports that empower organizations to dissect representative information and stay on track with decreased additional time and exact finance just as charging.

What do you dislike?

Timesheets routinely updates its product, acquainting new highlights with an officially broad line-up of tools . The most recent is a planning apparatus for representatives that enable supervisors to make and keep work week plans for development and available appropriate inside the product. The updates with tools make it difficult to understand the workflow .

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Timesheets.com gives cloud-based time following to little and medium size organizations. The administration enables managers to follow both hourly time for finance and undertaking time for charging.

Our Managers can likewise follow reimbursable costs, worker calendars and (HR) records. The versatile adaptation enables clients to follow time and costs remotely.

Residential Garbage Truck Driver
(10,001+ employees)

"Keeping track of my hours"

What do you like best?

The easy clock in and clock out buttons when you first open the page. It makes it super fast and easy. Timesheets.com is what me and 3 other employees used to prove that our employers wasnt paying us correctly and was not goving us double OT after 10 hours like he was supposed to.

What do you dislike?

I noticed that it tends to glitch when I use it on my laptop but not on my phone or tablet

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take advantage of the free trial first and get to know how the program works

made it so much easier to ensure that myself and my coworkers are being paid the right amount for the right amount of hours... when you have Shifty management you have to calculate everything for yourself

Rebecca Dagit

"Timesheets allows small businesses to track employees hours!"

What do you like best?

I like how timesheets.com allows smaller businesses to track employees hours. I also like how easy it is to use and I can also see how many hours I have including overtime and paid time off. It just makes it much easier to track everything.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is that it costs money. It is definitely worth the price though and if you don't have many employees, it's perfect.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would give it a try. I wouldn't let the price bother you because it is not that expensive for the quality of service.

It makes it so much easier to track hours with Timesheets.com. I have definitely realized that by using this, it takes unnecessary stress away from something that shouldn't be stressful. It is much more reliable than writing your hours down on a piece of paper and trusting that everyone was honest. This way, you can honestly track everything.

Media Manager

"TIME SHEETS - SIMPLE AND EASY"

What do you like best?

Time sheets logs every clock-in and clock-out entry efficiently, without any hiccup. It is easy to use and maneuver around. It is easy to request time off or to notify for sick days.

What do you dislike?

I do not dislike anything about time sheets. Could look a little more aesthetic, but that is not a big deal.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely worth trying out. Very affordable for small companies to use

It is easy to view and track for employers how many our we are working. They are able to point out any questions and no one has any issues that takes up too much time when it comes to clocking in or out.

Software analyst

"Easy to use, friendly customer service"

What do you like best?

What makes the software so worthy is the simplicity for both the employee & employer to be able to track hours, notes, vacation and etc. One of the features I really like are the reports that are available. It has been a huge time saver for our Executive Director to review hours worked and benefits accrued/used for each bi-monthly pay period. The customer service is top notch. They are friendly and always willing to help. They help with workarounds and updates and are open to possible future updates.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike, it’s straight forward and too easy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Easy to use, affordable, web based

We have a large number of consultants that work for our company and using this portal has allowed us to have a central location for consultants to easily enter their time for the month.

Assistant Project Manager

"Keep track of your employee's preformance"

What do you like best?

I like that Timesheets offers a pre-stated form of payroll. With timesheets we are able to keep track of when our employees are working, when they have a performance review, notes and days missed. This makes keeping track of my team easy.

What do you dislike?

What i dislike is that this website is completely based on honesty. You can clock in at will and I just have to believe you on your word. I would love a feature to track where the person clocked in at.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

While Timesheets isn't a full blown Payroll system, it will help your accounting department, and keep track at which employees are working harder (and better) than others!

With Timesheets, we are able to keep track of our employees performance from when they clock in to when they clock out. This makes payroll easy, but also allows us to review them bases on days missed, and the notes their managers have taken.

Truck Driver
Broadcast Media

"Great Mileage Tracker and Expense Reporting"

What do you like best?

We love that its easy for our drivers to log mileage through the geolocation feature. Timesheets helps track discrepant payrolls. We never want to underpay our drivers. Timesheets allows us to verify and create expense reports based on their payroll.

What do you dislike?

The app is a little outdate although it does included nice features. The time tracking software that is included with the subscription isn't consistent as it should be.

We use timesheets.com to balance and keep data of our payroll expenses. It helps track project time for our clerical office workers as well as our mileage for our freight and commute team.

UP

"Timesheets allows my team with tracking expenses."

What do you like best?

- automated systems for improved efficiency

- lower costs due to accurate invoicing

What do you dislike?

- extra work for the staff to carry out

- human error is likely

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Your payroll and HR staff will love timesheets due to the time they’ll save by having many of their processes automated. Everyone else that works for you may have a different view. Whereas before they were having everything tracked on their behalf, now they’ve got to find part of their working week to complete a timesheet.

It may sound like a minor inconvenience and in all likelihood, that’s exactly what it will be. However, staff may now have more work to do, and you need to keep an eye that employees don’t become upset by having the extra responsibility put on them.

One of the biggest benefits of using timesheets is that it’ll help make a lot of processes more efficient. Payroll is the big winner as everything is automated – no longer do the payroll team need to manually work out how many hours a member of staff has worked that month. Instead a timesheet records it, leaving the HR and payroll staff to work on other projects.

"Timesheets easy and effective for your business"

What do you like best?

I think the best part about timesheets is how versatile the program is. It helps you track all aspects of your business from time tracking to expense tracking, even paid time off. It's honestly self-explanatory although they do offer support if you experience any problems. They also offer the chance to complete a free trial which is really nice because then you can see if you like it and understand it all before just making a purchase, overall a really great system.

What do you dislike?

One thing I don't love about timesheets is that the site totally depends on the honesty of the users and that employees have the opportunity to modify their times, but other than that I find the system quite useful and successful.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely make the switch or take the leap of faith, you won't be disappointed. It's simple and easy to use and is effective for everything you could need when it comes to tracking your business and employees working hours. The price is so low for everything you get and the money you'll find through billable hours that can be tracked makes it all worth it.

Tracking employee hours, such as arrival time and departure time is a breeze now. It's also extremely easy to install in workers smartphones. This also gives you the ability to set cost and bill rates per each person and each project so it can be individualized quite easily. Overall the biggest issue it solved was the ability to track hours and billable hours.

Animal Health Technician
Research

"Easy and timesaving!"

What do you like best?

This timesheet is very simple to use, has many different ways to customize, and encompasses all types of work.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I have found is that, as a contract, we have to use a new code every year. But that is from a dropdown method and is very simple to utilize, so all in all not a big deal

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Having troubles with your time sheet software? give Timesheet.com a try, its easy and convenient!

A lot of timesheet are confusing for the workers, take more time than any one wants to allocate to do, and can have lots of issues. this is a quick, straightforward way, with no issues!

Legal Assistant
Law Practice

"Works great, a little dated. "

What do you like best?

I love the fact that it’s simple, easy and right out a time sheet website. There is nothing else to this site except to clock in and out or review your payment information, salarie and request time off. It’s the basic version

What do you dislike?

I do not like how it is simply an outdated site. The text is small, it looks like an old excel sheet and simply does not compete with ADP Vantage. This website needs a fresher look...

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It’s great if time keeping is all you want!

Time keeping, records, hourly benefits and vacation time.

Owner
Design

"Timesheets-A product for employees that aren't on site with you"

What do you like best?

I love that you are able to able to keep track of employees without having to remind them. It is an easy way to create a "timeclock" at their own desks, especially when everyone works in different locations.

What do you dislike?

My only true dislike was that you were able to change the times yourself. So we had one employee who could always change her own times to what she would choose for them to be. So we could never truly track her.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Timesheets.com is a fantastic .com for anyone that is looking for a website for easy use and design. It is a great company for tracking multiple uses, like that of time and also mileage and services as well. It is easy to track everything in one place.

We solve the need for time tracking for employees by using the time clock. It is a way for individuals to clock in and out for when they are working odd shift times and they are not yet on salary.

It makes it hard to go back after the fact and track hours, so being able to go in as they are first sitting down to work is the easiest way for us to track our employees.

President
Insurance

"Outstanding product and customer service"

What do you like best?

I was first attracted to Timesheets because of its web based design. My employees work from home and I needed a product that they could log in and out of without being present at my office. Oddly, the products that allow this are few and far between.

Each employee has a link to Timesheets on their computer. Clicking on the link brings up a page where the employee can click a button to clock in or clock out. They can also enter the site and view their own time card. The employee cannot edit their data or change times. Any change to the time card needs to be sent as a request to the administrator for approval.

As the administrator, I find the product easy to use while still providing a depth of detail in both setup and reporting. For example, several of my home based employees are on a flex time arrangement, and can work 40 hours over 4 or 5 days. Timesheets accommodates this easily.

Employees are going to make mistakes (forgetting to clock in or out), and they can send requests to me for adjustments. It's also easy to add holidays and vacation days or PTO.

At the end of the pay period I close the period and print reports to a PDF file. Then I enter the hours into my Intuit Online Payroll for direct deposit. Nothing goes to a printer. No reports, no checks. My payroll is entirely online.

Timesheets customer service is excellent. I've called and used a built in chat function and always get my questions answered quickly and correctly.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything I dislike. The product meets my needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have home based employees, this is the best way to go. I assume this works just fine for office based users and large organizations.

The ability to handle time cards for home based employees.

President / Co-founder
Recreational Facilities and Services

"Great Software - So many features that we still should be using"

What do you like best?

I'm not sure what I don't like. If I had to choose one thing, it would be the ability to do all things from anywhere...computer, tablet or mobile.

What do you dislike?

Not being able to to upload bulk vendors, accounts, etc on my own. I would also like to see an actual mobile app versus a mobile site. It's also a little pricey...even if I were using all of the functions that were available to me.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a great software. Just be ready to train employees to use all of the functions when you start paying for it versus hoping there will be a good time to learn. We are a small business and time to train the entire staff isn't easy. It's not a hard software to learn, it's just the time to actually get everyone to sit down and and take a few minutes to learn. Once they do, they actually realize that this benefits them as much as it does the administrative staff. The pushback I got at first was unbelievable. But as time passed, you would never know we had another way.

I have realized many benefits. Being in the middle of our peak season, I am unable to get employees trained with the expense tracking, but know that once I am able to do so, it will relieve my admin of so many steps but also help the entire staff from having to keep up with receipts, etc.

Finance Director
Farming

"Good starter system"

What do you like best?

I like that users are able to upload files to support their expense reimbursement requests. In addition, the product is inexpensive and easy to use, easy to implement, and easy to maintain. I like that reports can be downloaded in a number of ways which makes it easier to format for various reporting uses.

There are also user guides which makes it easy to train staff.

What do you dislike?

There are a fair amount of limitations. For instance, the product is not at all customizable. Users must upload JPEGs, rather than PDFs which is a little troublesome as most e-receipts are PDF files. There is also no General Ledger integration.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Really think through what you will be using the product for. It's very cost-effective but there are limitations.

Prior to implementing this program, we had a very rudimentary way of tracking time off and keeping timecards. Since implementation, we have visibility into how staff spend their time and that has been helpful in making business decisions.

Response from Peggy Emch of Timesheets.com

Hi Janel,

Thank you for your thoughts! We have updated the file type requirements to allow PDF uploads. We make features updates regularly so do check back!

Director of Business Operations
Media Production

"Great customer service and easy platform "

What do you like best?

Our company is very happy with Timesheets.com. The customer service is great. The agent that helped me set up our account took the time to research our company and knew exactly what our needs were when she spoke to me. She helped me set everything up and sent me instructional material to help my team get used to the program. The program is very easy to use and has been great in helping us organize the way we run our business. I would recommend it to any business that wants to streamline their time keeping mechanism and wants to see how much they are spending on their labor force versus how much they are billing on projects.

What do you dislike?

I currently don't dislike much about the program. It works very well.

We are a media company and we are keeping track of our employees time in the office for HR purposes and also of the time employees spend on each project for accountability purposes and billing.

Executive Director
Non-Profit Organization Management

"Upgrade from hand written time sheets"

What do you like best?

Timesheets is very useful as an upgrade from hand written staff hours tracking. We implemented it in January 2015 at our non-profit for staff to record their hours worked, projects worked on, and task descriptions. It has been a huge time saver for our Executive Director to review hours worked and benefits accrued/used for each bi-monthly pay period.

What do you dislike?

It was a huge disappointment to discover that the Project tracking aspect doesn't accrue benefit hours like the Hourly tracking component. We had to transition a selection of staff whose hours of work and start/end times are varied and not always continuous on any day to Hourly time tracking because they were not having accurate benefit accruals occurring. This is a real flaw in the system and was a huge time waster for our admin team to figure out the problem and transition the staff 18 months into using the system. Looking back, this now explains a very time consuming benefit accruals issue we discovered at the start of 2016 when trying to calculate roll-over hours, but we attributed it incorrectly to something else.

Upgrading from hand written hours tracking.

Engineering - Electrical, Instrumentation and Controls
Oil & Energy

"Timesheets product Review"

What do you like best?

-Simplicity / flexibility of the product is second to none.

-Export/import to quickbooks.

- The accessibility of timesheet system on smart phones, allows employees the flexibility to update time from anywhere.

- The cost of the product is very reasonable, but if compared to entering time is an excel spreadsheet and then having an accounting personnel enter the the time into quickbooks (or other accounting software) the product is cost effective, not to mention the benefit of have daily cost tracking if the employees enter the time in daily.

- entering projects, clients, and account codes are self explanatory.

What do you dislike?

- The inability to print the timesheets in landscape mode, custom formating of the report, as I submit the reports to clients.

- Need to have a feature that limits the project name and account codes to Quickbooks to prevent renaming later after you find out the quickbooks indicates that the codes can't be imported due to the length of the names.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Report feature would be nice to have a custom formating option.

Project time tracking, and invoicing.

Daily time keeping is easy and helps with project cost and scheduling if completed daily.

Member/Manager
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

"Timesheets tracks employee attendance and PTO at a very affordable price."

What do you like best?

The software is easy for employees to access and use. Timesheets has helped our employees know their authorized PTO time and request any time off. We are not locked into a minimum number of employees and our pricing adjusts as our staffing levels change.

What do you dislike?

The import process to our financial software is a little more involved than i would like, but it is not difficult. I wish it was easier to make adjustments to records. It is not hard, but not very clear with the instructions. I have made unintentional mistakes that require additional edits to the records to correct.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you have your current policy guidelines and employee balances when setting up a new account. Take advantage of the help Timesheets provides during the one on one set up call.

We no longer have to deal with questions or issues over attendance. When we rolled out Timesheets and implemented our attendance policy, our problem was solved.

Employment Security Representative II
Government Administration
(10,001+ employees)

"Easy to use and Great customer service"

What do you like best?

I love the customer service aspect of Timesheets.com. They are friendly and always willing to help. They help with workarounds and updates and are open to possible future updates. The system, although my organization doesn't use them, has availability for many different uses such as forms, important dates, emailed messages and such.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the fact that I cant create my own SQL queries. I have specific organization needs that the software doesn't provide. The workarounds suffice but are not specific to my requirements.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

List all services and support that you would like your time tracking software to be able to provide.

Do a test run of the software.

Speak with the customer support personnel and ask about things you may not see available. I'm sure they will work to fulfill your needs.

My organization uses Timesheets.com to verify hours completed at volunteer sites. The sites log in and enter the hours worked by the customers. Its easy to add sites and customers, remove sites and customers, see notes added for specific days, update, correct or change hours posted, archive hours and pull reports required.

Timesheets.com Pricing

8.9
Ease of Setup
Average: 8.5*
* Time Tracking Category
Do you work for Timesheets.com?