MyLab

MyLab is a collection of online homework, tutorial, and assessment products designed with a single purpose in mind: to improve the results of all higher education students, one student at a time.

Work for MyLab?

Learning about MyLab?

MyLab Reviews

Showing 20 MyLab reviews
MyLab review by minh p.
minh p.

"Everything worked well, it's just a little slow"

What do you like best?

As an administrator/instructor, MyLab is easy to use. It is easy to track the student process and view their scores. The wide variety of available content makes it good for every course. It is also easy to catch a student cheating thanks to the time tracker. It is also easy to use from the students side.

What do you dislike?

It is just a little slow. We need to wait a little bit to load a course and to update assignments.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is probably the best Education management software out there.

This significantly reduces the workload for instructors. In brief, instructors create assignments online within MyLab and electronically transmit them to their class. Students enter their answers online, and Mylab automatically grades the assignment and gives students instant feedback on their performance.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about MyLab
MyLab review by Stefanie P.
Stefanie P.

"Great for office use!"

What do you like best?

easy to use and great for keeping us on track in the office day to day. its nice to have the easier and laid out formatting so we can naviagte easily and get what we need done in a timely manner and an easy way so that we can get our jobs done and provide the best serviced neccesary to the people we are serving and the people we are helping

What do you dislike?

was a little hard to figure out so a tutorial would have been nice. that or have the extra support online when we arent able to have time to call the phone or have a little pop up where questions could be answered by someone who is online and knowledgable in the site and whats the problem that we may be having

Recommendations to others considering the product

great if you need something that helps you in an easy and laid out matter. it helps us to have a organized and a great way to keep us on track and keep us going in a great way since we were able to maintain our professional views and our professional needs and what we need to do to help others with what they need.

saving time and the layout. nice for when we have a time contranst or when we have a quick need for something so that we can tell more and that we would be able to do the basics that are needed before we can provide the increasing service.

What Online Learning Platform solution do you use?

MyLab review by Thomas C.
Thomas C.

"Great, if used Fully"

What do you like best?

I love that it integrates well with other platforms, such as BlackBoard Learn. I also love that it has so many reinforcement modules, and that it provides immediate feedback and unlimited practice for students. This is vital in a math course, as only through regular practice can students learn, master, and retain this information.

What do you dislike?

I think the price per student is outrageous if only used for one course over one semester.

I also think that if professors would use more of the tools available to them it could be better for the students in their courses.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to take advantage of all the features, including controlling the number of attempts available, and the integrating with LMS softwares.

Also, make sure students are aware that the one-time price can be used for multiple courses over a set period of time.

MyLab reduces grading time and gives students immediate feedback. It also allows them unlimited attempts, without extra effort from the instructor.

MyLab integrates well with BlackBoard so students' grades from math courses can be seen in the same place as other courses.

I appreciate that students' engagement is also measured. This allows both students and professors to have insight into how much time students are spending in the course, compared to other students and to standardized benchmarks for success. This gives motivated students a sense of satisfaction and a series of goals to achieve, and provides support for those who need extra motivation.

MyLab review by Sarita C.
Sarita C.

"Great for Students"

What do you like best?

Flexible options for creating assignments and easy to share with other instructors. Also they have recently reduced the price for students. This is a very big positive!

What do you dislike?

The automatic grading features are difficult to adapt and to adjust. If assignments are past due the zero is not factored in to the running average for the students even though the option to count unattempted and past due assignments has been checked.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for sharing among many professors

Increased student achievement, instant verification for students of their accuracy. Additional online tutoring availability.

MyLab review by Eric S.
Eric S.

"Pearson's system, though one of the more sophisticated school software programs, poorly performs."

What do you like best?

The idea's that Pearson tries to implements, such as having tests and quizzes online, are a great idea. I have many times enjoyed the ease of completing homework assingments from home on my computer rather than using pen and paper. The documents and books that are available online along with the homework checker are nothing short of great software.

What do you dislike?

Pearson is extremely buggy and lacks the resources to keep the website up and running. There are many times where I have tried to log on and been unable to access the proper documentation I need to complete assignments.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared to face bugs that may hinder your experience with MyLab.

I have not personally solved any business problems with MyLab, however I have done homework and this in turn was a huge benefit rather than turning it in, in a paper format.

MyLab review by Michal .
Michal .

"Great user experience of affective learning combined with an easy to use interface"

What do you like best?

I really like the different help buttons one can use when stuck on a problem. The software does not give you the correct answer, rather it shows you the correct path toward solving the problem.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the guidelines, especially the problems requiring equations, are too vague for me to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Out of the many platforms available for college students nowadays, I would not hesitate to try MyLab. It is a great software, sufficiently serving the students as well as the professors.

I use it as the main homework and test platform for my Business Statistics class. This software has many benefits including instant feedback on my work, easy grading format, and well organized calendar, showing due dates of assignments

MyLab review by Administrator

"A powerful tool useful in teaching applications"

What do you like best?

The customizable nature of MyLab is great for my courses. Allowing me to stress course content in areas that I know my students struggle with, while also cutting out nonessential items. The ability to track student progress in real time is also an advantage, allowing for early intervention to help a student before it is too late. Students also find the platform to be very intuitive.

What do you dislike?

The set-up for an instructor to customize the content takes a bit longer than I would like. And load times are sometimes also problematic. The largest disadvantage of the program is the cost, it is simply outrageous. We have discontinued the use of this product for this reason alone. I don't always like the wording of the questions, or the specificity in wording required by some of the answers. This becomes frustrating for both the instructor and the student.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be very mindful of the costs for your students. With the current information indicating that students delay purchase, or simply never buy, required textbooks, this program is quite pricey.

It works well to integrate in my college's LMS, allowing instant grade book updates, etc. The real time feedback allows me to intervene with a student if necessary. It also allows me to see specific content areas that may not have been conveyed well to students.

MyLab review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"A great Product"

What do you like best?

I like that this product is simple, but contains alot of options for the user. It is very easy to use and hardly freezes or causes delays

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is that it is sometimes hard to navigate through the screens. Tabs and buttons are not descriptive and do not seem like they relate to the link.

We are solving the issue of having courses in a centralized area. It allows easy access which is great for our line of work where we need quick access.

MyLab review by Albin A.
Albin A.

"Interactive but dull learning integration"

What do you like best?

The thing I like the most with MyLab is it's layout and appearance. It's easy to navigate and find whatever you're looking for.

What do you dislike?

The learning modules are slow and annoying to navigate. The pop-up windows that appear isn't appealing to the user whatsoever.

The problems that you are solving with MyLab is an efficient way to learn new material. Even though the platform could be improved in terms of visualization and smoothness, the learning platform is well-constructed.

MyLab review by Erica T.
Erica T.

"Learning our way"

What do you like best?

My lab helped us to increase our learning potential. Particularly liked the tutorial options.

What do you dislike?

Overall I liked everything mylab had to offer. If I had to dislike something it would be technical support. Wait times were most of the time slow

Mylab helps to increase our learning opportunities. More are able to sign up compared our last company

MyLab review by Administrator

"Steep start up curve, but excellent product"

What do you like best?

The best part about this is the text books that are available to use with it and the StatCrunch software that I can use when teaching statistics.

What do you dislike?

I didn't like how long it took me to become a proficient user of the tool.

On-line assignments and tools for student learning

"Useful tool"

What do you like best?

Useful tool to use for classes. Many of my professors have made students sign up for this website to do all of our assignments and it worked out well

What do you dislike?

Nothing in particular that i didn’t like about the website

it provides a layout of assignments provided by teachers for students to use and become educated. I realized it is a very straight forward website, easy to use once you get the hang of it.

MyLab review by Marianna R.
Marianna R.

"Engaging platform for students"

What do you like best?

This software diagnoses what areas a student needs more review on.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the grade book is hard to navigate.

Students' test grades improve and students get information that I do not have time to go over in class.

"Online college"

What do you like best?

The various options for help with the work. Easy to follow directions, examples that are interactive, and immediate scoring.

What do you dislike?

The software can be large in the amount of space needed to download.

The ability to give options and time limits remotely.

MyLab review by User

"Pearson my lab is great for math students "

What do you like best?

I like the options for students and easily being able to see their grades.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I dislike about this.

I realized students are able to use this software easier and are more willing to do homework.

MyLab review by User in Law Practice
User in Law Practice

"My lab review "

What do you like best?

It’s easy to access and has a user friendly interface to work with

What do you dislike?

There isn’t enough support when i have an issue with the program

Easy to get my work done and works very fast, would recommend

"It is pretty nice"

What do you like best?

It is more easy to use and makes a brilliant platform for software users

What do you dislike?

Customer service takes so long to respond

It helps me in finding the suitable software for my business

MyLab review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Easy to use!"

What do you like best?

Great supplement to in person lab. I learned a lot using mylab for studying & practicing problems.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes directions for certain problems would be unclear.

Technology use in education.

"Great product"

What do you like best?

Pearson was super helpful and makes the material easy to understand

What do you dislike?

Sometimes hard to navigate and by mistake, submits things incorrectly

Education is easier with MyLab

MyLab review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Goog for tech savvy"

What do you like best?

Helpful in having homework and an ebook all together.

What do you dislike?

Professors can have a hard time using it. Costly.

Keeps all students info together.

Learning about MyLab?

* We monitor all MyLab reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.